• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Please remove Xigncode3 from the game.

100 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Considering that they did not design Xigncode, they didn't design with such in mind. I mean, I can play pretty much any other game while afk in BDO, the only exceptions are games that load up their own 3rd party cheat protection.

I specifically said that they did not design with such in mind.  Just because you can play some games while afk in BDO does not mean that you can play all games while afk in BDO.  Why? Because it was not specifically designed with that in mind.  Your above post pretty much confirms everything I've said.

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

I specifically said that they did not design with such in mind.  Just because you can play some games while afk in BDO does not mean that you can play all games while afk in BDO.  Why? Because it was not specifically designed with that in mind.  Your above post pretty much confirms everything I've said.

Not really. Xigncode is just poorly designed and simply reacts to any program doing certain things even if they are harmless (why other anti-cheat triggers it). It was Xigncode that was designed like this, not BDO. PA does not design Xigncode. BDO is simply a game and like any game would function just fine while playing other games. Xigncode is what does it, and only because of poor design. It was not a conscious design choice.

Posted

Not really. Xigncode is just poorly designed and simply reacts to any program doing certain things even if they are harmless (why other anti-cheat triggers it). It was Xigncode that was designed like this, not BDO. PA does not design Xigncode. BDO is simply a game and like any game would function just fine while playing other games. Xigncode is what does it, and only because of poor design. It was not a conscious design choice.

Again, BDO was not specifically designed so that you can afk and minimize and play other games.  You may be able to do so with some games, and yet with others you may not. I doubt Kakao/PA cares that you can't play another game while AFKing and minimizing BDO.  I am sure their intent is for you to play their game, not other games.  What you can or can not do while AFKing and minimizing BDO is your problem, not theirs.

Posted

Again, BDO was not specifically designed so that you can afk and minimize and play other games.  You may be able to do so with some games, and yet with others you may not. I doubt Kakao/PA cares that you can't play another game while AFKing and minimizing BDO.  I am sure their intent is for you to play their game, not other games.  What you can or can not do while AFKing and minimizing BDO is your problem, not theirs.

BDO was designed to be able to be minimized to the system tray and then do anything else. You seem to be confusing the design of the game with the design of the anti-cheat. PA and Kakao do not make or design Xigncode. The only reason xigncode even reacts to the certain games is because of poor design of the program. It thinks anything messing with certain files other than the operating system is a cheat and thus closes. This is poor design. On top of this it is actually really easy to bypass, making the design even poorer. Do not confuse the game design with something that was not designed for the game itself, but instead simply added on from a 3rd party.

Posted (edited)

BDO was designed to be able to be minimized to the system tray and then do anything else. You seem to be confusing the design of the game with the design of the anti-cheat. PA and Kakao do not make or design Xigncode. The only reason xigncode even reacts to the certain games is because of poor design of the program. It thinks anything messing with certain files other than the operating system is a cheat and thus closes. This is poor design. On top of this it is actually really easy to bypass, making the design even poorer. Do not confuse the game design with something that was not designed for the game itself, but instead simply added on from a 3rd party.

Youre the one thats confused.  I said nothing about Xigncode.  The simple point that I am making is that it is not BDO's problem, or concern, that you can not play another game while AFKing and minimizing it, irrespective of what anti-cheat program may be attached to it.  In other words, the fact that people aren't able to play other games while AFKing and minimizing BDO is not going to encourage KaKao/PA to do anything about their game or the anti-cheat code they are using to allow you do do so.  In other words, they could not care less that you can not play another game while AFKing and minimzing BDO.

I can't make it anymore simpler than that for you.

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

Youre the one thats confused.  I said nothing about Xigncode.  The simple point that I am making is that it is not BDO's problem, or concern, that you can not play another game while AFKing and minimizing it, irrespective of what anti-cheat program may be attached to it.  In other words, the fact that people aren't able to play other games while AFKing and minimizing BDO is not going to encourage KaKao/PA to do anything about their game or the anti-cheat code they are using to allow you do do so.  In other words, they could not care less.

I can't make it anymore simpler than that for you.

You made a statement that the game is not designed in such a way. Yet it really is. Something not part of the game's design is what caused it. Kakao doesn't care about it because well they don't care about anything other than quick money and milking it from the playerbase. You cannot say a game is not designed a certain way when something 3rd party is what is causing the issue.

Posted (edited)

You made a statement that the game is not designed in such a way. Yet it really is. Something not part of the game's design is what caused it. Kakao doesn't care about it because well they don't care about anything other than quick money and milking it from the playerbase. You cannot say a game is not designed a certain way when something 3rd party is what is causing the issue.

I know what i said, and nothing you say here will make what I said any less right.  BDO was simply not specifically designed to be afk'ed and minimized so that you can play another game.  Yes, you may very well be able to do so, as well as do anything else you want while it is afk'd and minimized but AFK'ing and minimizing it for the specific reason of playing other games in its stead was not a game design function.  If it had of been, I am sure they would have allowed for a means by which to circumvent the anti-cheat program that's disallowing/preventing you from doing so.  I mean, that's just obvious Noth.  Geez lol

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

Zero issues with Xigncode. A/V Suite is in Game Mode while playing.

Leave the Anti-Cheat in place, continue adding upgrades to it.  There is nothing wrong with it, only something wrong with the users.

If you're paying for BitDefender, Norton, McAfee, or other "subscription" AV software, you are getting screwed.

Posted

Playing BnS lol.

Im glad Xigncode doesnt allow that.

Posted

I know what i said, and nothing you say here will make what I said any less right.  BDO was simply not specifically designed to be afk'ed and minimized so that you can play another game.  Yes, you may very well be able to do so, as well as do anything else you want while it is afk'd and minimized but AFK'ing and minimizing it for the specific reason of playing other games in its stead was not a game design function.  If it had of been, I am sure they would have allowed for a means by which to circumvent the anti-cheat program that's disallowing/preventing you from doing so.  I mean, that's just obvious Noth.  Geez lol

Is XingCode part of BDO in KR?

And if the game allows you to minimize itself to tray to afk while you do "other stuff" that includes playing other games. Or walking the dogs. Or work. It's up to the individual user to decide that. So they didn't design it with the intent of NOT letting people play other games. Since many games can be played without issue. I can attest to at least 3.

Posted

why do that? cause you want to be a lazy cheating botter?

Posted

Zero issues with Xigncode. A/V Suite is in Game Mode while playing.

Leave the Anti-Cheat in place, continue adding upgrades to it.  There is nothing wrong with it, only something wrong with the users.

If you're paying for BitDefender, Norton, McAfee, or other "subscription" AV software, you are getting screwed.

This is the most stupid thing ever said here. AV is more important than a game - except if you are a child that uses a computer only to play games. But Xingcode 3 does not have issues with the most AV programs. And paid AVs are much better.

Posted

why do that? cause you want to be a lazy cheating botter?

cuz the xingcode stop any of the cheaters. 

Posted (edited)

After  a few patches and fixes X3 has turned out to be pretty damn good. End of story.

PS: Necromancy Thread

edit : Most of these complainers have oddly broken english. Julien you here?
Am I going to have to have your girl calling me, interested again ? ( yes this  actually happened )

Edited by Visnja

Posted (edited)

Could be purely coincidence, but I blame X3 for my initial issues with the game.

I wasn't able to play for 2 weeks straight and had to continuously explain to BDO Support that I can't get passed the login screen.
(They kept saying "YOU NEED TO TELL US WHAT SERVER YOU ARE PLAYING ON!"
and I was like "HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU I HAVEN'T EVEN MADE A CHARACTER. THE GAME REFUSES TO BOOT UP!")

After weeks of support emails (try this, this will work! - no mother fluffers, none of it worked)
SUPPORT CLOSED MY TICKET WITHOUT RESOLVING THE ISSUE

And I finally just figured out that X3 was incompatible with Web Companion (which is just a silly Google thing) [Keep in mind that through the numerous troubleshooting attempts, I had Web Companion & Firewalls turned OFF - but completely uninstalling it could have solved the issue]
Uninstalling Web Companion could have been what finally allowed me to play this game.
BUT I don't know that for sure.

Regardless, of the dozens of "it could be this" emails I received... I was just FLOORED by the lack of control the Devs had over their own game
Because their control also comes from that third party that they don't have control over.
And if that 3rd party is preventing people from playing this game, then they're losing money.

I was literally about to uninstall this game and ask for a refund (because I paid for a game I couldn't even launch - not because I played the game and was disappointed), until by the grace of God (HALLELUJAH!) I finally was able to launch the game.

So, like I said - could be coincidence, but probably isn't.

Edited by Pixii

Posted

This is the most stupid thing ever said here. AV is more important than a game - except if you are a child that uses a computer only to play games. But Xingcode 3 does not have issues with the most AV programs. And paid AVs are much better.

You really should do your research.

First off, any current AV Suite has what is called "Game Mode", which is a switch that prevents compatibility issues with some games while still maintaining system security.

Second, when you "pay for an AV" you are not paying for the software, you are paying for virus definition updates or "service subscription

There are several AV Suites that are completely free, with free updates. They make their money off of remote support, warranty services.

Posted

First off, any current AV Suite has what is called "Game Mode", which is a switch that prevents compatibility issues with some games while still maintaining system security.

Second, when you "pay for an AV" you are not paying for the software, you are paying for virus definition updates or "service subscription

There are several AV Suites that are completely free, with free updates. They make their money off of remote support, warranty services.

I use Norton, it recognizes most of the games automatically.

1 person likes this

Posted

You must crack yourself up on the regular then. :3

I'm incredibly funny person, but you are just stupid ;)

Posted

I use Norton, it recognizes most of the games automatically.

me too best anti virus i ever used so far.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That is you but those of us that value our systems are having issues. Mine is that my Anti-Virus thinks it is a virus! I have one of the best on the market but I am forced to disable it to play. THAT causes issues if I want to afk fish or something while working on my official work. I can't because I need to be online and I WILL NOT without my protection turned on.  So, I cannot do ANYTHING else while I play. Which means I can't play as much as I want to because of that stupid program that any decent hacker can avoid anyway.

It needs to go now!

Did that, then Xigncode3 pops up with an error and won't let me load the game until I disable my AV.

Wrong! bns removed theirs because . . . . . . . . . wait for it . . . . . . . . IT CAUSES ISSUES!

And I have similar issues while doing my RL work while afk fishing.

You sound 10 times more paranoid than I am and I've got an expensive AV as well. Plus like 3 other protection programs running yet the thing doesn't prevent me from playing.

Still, sucks for you though.

Edited by Ainrehtea

Posted (edited)

I dont think any "game guard" will stop an "actual" hacker :/

But it will help to reduce .. "baby" hacker

Back to the topic : No clue, i have no problem with any game guard so far :/ 

And again .. if you guy think they should remove this game guard .. at least recommend something else so they can "actually" look at it and consider [if they actually reading these posts]

Right now it's like ... yelling for fun without any good recommendation for them to improve the game 

not really, Removing XIGNCODE is as easy as it gets.

If your serious about hackers the only real way to stop them is by designing some failsafes into the servers themselves, hell even old SNES games did this, most would lock you into a inescapable room. Ultima's NPC's would name and shame you if you where cheating.

Most cheaters do so because they can get away with it on the anon and bring there bad habits to another game, the no name and shame policy was always stupid and still is. what we really need is a masterlist profile on every person caught cheating and apply bans to the game before it even releases. Most asian game markets have a system like this, it works surprisingly well.

You sound 10 times more paranoid than I am and I've got an expensive AV as well. Plus like 3 other protection programs running yet the thing doesn't prevent me from playing.

If your doing something that requires you to overlap that many AV's something tells me you shouldn't be doing it under windows.....use a Hardend *nix kernel.

Edited by The_ID10t_Effect

Posted (edited)

You are nit picking, the game was designed so you could minimize it and do other things. That means if you want to run browser, video another game etc... There is no specific usage scenario it's a general ability designed into the client. The problem is it does not treat all programs equally. It chokes on some of them.

Edited by MotherPeace

Posted

IF you were to actually do research you would learn that virus protection which solely relies on virus definitions do not work and if you think that using AV "secures" your system I am sorry for you. Aside from the fact that AV has been proven to not be satisfactory when it  comes to security... Typically if you are paying for AV the reason to pay for that would be for remote support as you mentioned or for a software which has reported high detection rate with low false positives (It is a fact that some anti-virus have higher detection rates, there is no global virus definition database.) So yes paying for AV would be justified in many more ways than just "virus definitions" 

Regardless, the interference of AV with xigncode is not the issue I had found with it but rather the fact that it is constantly searching through all of my programs and files and generating logs. Where are these logs going? Also, why am I getting booted from the game because of the software I use for work when it is not manipulating the game environment at all? Because its a shitty product. Why were the botters not detected by xigncode for a very long time? Maybe because anyone with basic computer knowledge and an internet connection can bypass xigncode. Why does xigncode eat up my system resources? 

Solution: hire a security analyst and implement some secure coding practices. Its really not hard to do and should be a standard by now in all Tech industries but for some reason the relevance is not seen until a problem occurs. 

Running multiple AVs does nothing for you other than raise the possibility of false positives. Does not make you more secure in the least bit. 

Posted (edited)

Well first of all, because it's third party it's actually trivial to bypass - you do this but preventing it from launching in the first place and then fooling the game into thinking that it has launched. This is trivial stuff that any cheat maker can find out with a simple google search.

If you are serious about anticheating you do not use third party garbage from a nobody in Asia. You have your own developers integrate something custom into your game. In the case of MMO's, client side anticheats have been determined to be worthless a long time ago (some legacy ones like in WoW are still in use though to catch retards). Look at EVE and GW2, no anticheats at all and they still ban bots using automated server log analysis - it does require competent database admins though.

A simple system API monitor reveals that this thing actively scans my HDD for files and regularly sends something back, this means this software is spyware. An anticheat has no business scanning outside game directory unless it's following a dll path it found in the game's process, all the ones that do in my experience come from somewhere in Asia and are not to be trusted.

Edited by Veril
2 people like this