• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Latest PvP change in kr

110 posts in this topic

Posted

people scream yet again wiz op even when doing dmg/cc tests for the overall good. One would almost think such players dont know what they r talkin about.

Stop trying to defend those broken classes. They totally ruined all pvp when they got their awakening. Thir survivability is insane. Only rivaled by their dmg. And now they get another defensive tool. And yes, everyone gets it but it benefits them the most, cause they can dish out dmg even without ccing their target, cause they can chain SA and block. The bottom tier classes can only safely do DMG after they landed a cc which is usually a knockdown. But guess what? Even when you finally manage to cc wizard or witch they will have a tool to counter it. And ccing them is already next to impossible.

Posted

Stop trying to defend those broken classes. They totally ruined all pvp when they got their awakening. Thir survivability is insane. Only rivaled by their dmg. And now they get another defensive tool. And yes, everyone gets it but it benefits them the most, cause they can dish out dmg even without ccing their target, cause they can chain SA and block. The bottom tier classes can only safely do DMG after they landed a cc which is usually a knockdown. But guess what? Even when you finally manage to cc wizard or witch they will have a tool to counter it. And ccing them is already next to impossible.

Ignore the troll, he's been defending wiz forever because he is one. 

Posted

Chain SA Block, for how long? And other classes can use SA Block iframe etc? Our damaging skills do cc, like other classes, so I dont get what you mean with "dish out dmg even without ccing their target". Every awakning is the same more or less, and for wiz we have a support layer, while being weaker in 1v1 against equally geared and skilled players.

When I get CC'ed by a 250 AP X class on my 250+ AP wiz I'm dead, and have a harder time vs other classes. Sure I can play better, but doesnt change the fact that wiz can die in a cc if the guy knows what hes doing and got equal gear. Same way when I charge in to a pack, if theres a good player he can stop me.

Posted

Changes are overall good, lets' not kid ourselves. The only thing that needs changing is that powerful self-heals have GOT to go. Wizards/Wiches heals, Zerker regen, Valk heal, whatever else there is (Ninja E buff?).

Posted

Beta changes this, Beta changes that, class balance, game balance, all of this is meaningless, when you look inside that video, they were all copy paste classes, only sorcs, rangers, warriors, DK, where are the musas, maehwas, valkyries?? Huh? Makes me wonder if they actually properly trying out these changes with all classes....

1 person likes this

Posted

Beta changes this, Beta changes that, class balance, game balance, all of this is meaningless, when you look inside that video, they were all copy paste classes, only sorcs, rangers, warriors, DK, where are the musas, maehwas, valkyries?? Huh? Makes me wonder if they actually properly trying out these changes with all classes....

Unpopular archetypes even if they are strong... There they are...

Posted

I've changed some of my thoughts since watching a video of this in action:

This makes PvP seem about twenty times more fun. Will it come at the cost of the current meta? Maybe, dunno. It's gonna put a dent in a lot of classes but I think it's worth it. This could absolutely make BDO PvP even more amazing than (/s) a wombo combo one shot fest.

1 person likes this

Posted

I will just be happy with getting rid of the first to cc wins bullshit. So far from what I have seen during that testing, it's looking good.

Posted

Excited for these changes! Now lets hope we can get some server upgrades soon:D

Posted

This will encourage people to chain cc's properly as lemon said, but this change can not go through in our version unless they fix our servers. In the west you can't chain more than 2/3 stun-stiffs together without the servers -----ing things up. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Looks awesome! Can finally get in some good fights, in the video it just showed people not getting one shot while down. You can still put the beat down on someone just takes a few more hits. This way if you're grinding someone can't jump ya/KD and insta kill ya. You have a fighting chance. People will actually have to learn their combos :)

As for wiz/witch they might be a bit harder to kill but on the flip side so will everyone else.

Edited by Gotcha

Posted

Looks awesome! Can finally get in some good fights, in the video it just showed people not getting one shot while down. You can still put the beat down on someone just takes a few more hits. This way if you're grinding someone can't jump ya/KD and insta kill ya. You have a fighting chance. People will actually have to learn their combos :)

As for wiz/witch they might be a bit harder to kill but on the flip side so will everyone else.

for some classes like musa, our simplest and most used combo starts with a bound, we have stuns and stiffs all of which have no super armour and barely do dmg, that means we'd need to go back to non awakening everytime we need to kill someone without downing them, which comes back to a problem of, unlike every other non awakening on classes musa does not get frontal block iframe or super armour on its offensive skills.....

1 person likes this

Posted

for some classes like musa, our simplest and most used combo starts with a bound, we have stuns and stiffs all of which have no super armour and barely do dmg, that means we'd need to go back to non awakening everytime we need to kill someone without downing them, which comes back to a problem of, unlike every other non awakening on classes musa does not get frontal block iframe or super armour on its offensive skills.....

This, so much this, omfg. People fail to see it from every class perspective. And cc'ing in non awk a valkyrie or a warrior? This is gonna put us more down than we already are. Also note Valient that our bound starting combo doesn't oneshot most 280dp+ targets huehue.

Posted (edited)

seems like a dumb change that benefits certain classes way above other classes

once again tamer and all other assassin classes are gonna get screwed.

If you cant kill people fast whats the point of being an assassin.

classes with huge self heals are gonna be way over powered like crazy cuz you cant kill em on the ground people can barley kill em standing up.

now they have an escape mechanic that will allow them to leverage the heal that no assassin class gets.

buffing dp for no reason is gonna benefit the classes that already use tons of dp some of them are super hard to kill as it is.

expect low level pvp fights to last forever now because between v key and this down block all down attack skills don't even matter. 

yet we still have huge karma restrictions on pvp and still have super overpowered classes that stay overpowered.

people who have worked hard as hell to get high ap gonna loose the ability to kill people with the ap they have earned.

i hate to say it but with this change they have ruined pvp in this game maybe for that dumb arena thing they have it might be cool but for open world it just doesn't make sense.

I know they are trying to balance the game all they are doing is unbalancing it more.

Like we needed another super armor mechanic that makes op classes like dk even more hard to kill.

witch wiz gets yet another super armor on the ground

zerker get yet another super armor

see my point.

now classes with heals have a way to block a knockdown and then run away heal full health in 2 secs and come back with full health.

all while spamming 2 sec health pots non stop.

real super dumb.

yet we still have classes that have 100% moves that can kill 10+ people in 1 shot no KD required that's super balanced

while other classes have 100% that cant even kill 1 person.

Edited by DarkHoliday
1 person likes this

Posted

To clarify for you guys. This has not officially been introduced into the game via update yet. The developers are working with players who have won the guild siege on Korean client yesterday, and testing new mechanics with them in a private pvp server. This is simply beta testing for improvment. Nothing is officially introduced. This is a very positive thing that the developers are trying to rebalance the game, and are working with players to achieve that. 

Siege is usually won by guild with the biggest number of wizards. It means the wizards balancing the game. Nobody will work to nerf own class. Nothing positive will come with it.

3 people like this

Posted

Siege is usually won by guild with the biggest number of wizards. It means the wizards balancing the game. Nobody will work to nerf own class. Nothing positive will come with it.

I agree with you 100%

Posted

PvP defense of all characters is upgraded. · When the Shift key is pressed in the down state, the damage is reduced due to the lying guard state. · A character that is struck twice consecutively in a down technique will be immune to any state immunity for a period of time.

They're testing it today on a few channels tonight's node war

To me, sounds unnecessarily complicated and generally Shit. Rip anyone who depends on downed ccs to kill

Everyone relies on that.  It will change the meta from first cc wins.  Because thats all it is whether you are downed or not you lost if you get cc'd first.  Assuming equal gear and high ap.

Posted

Everyone relies on that.  It will change the meta from first cc wins.  Because thats all it is whether you are downed or not you lost if you get cc'd first.  Assuming equal gear and high ap.

No, it will destroy CC based classes and buff classes that base on pure DPS - wizards.

1 person likes this

Posted

April's fools? If not, RIP musa. Everysingle one of our skilsl have down attack. And we barely do standing cc chains like we used to with katana :) Ah PA, you're marvelous, instead of fixing chain grabs (Yup, got chain grabbed today like 5 to 6 times by 2 zerks, while on E buff 70% grapple ress).

A majority of our damage is done by back attacks as well. If I understand this correctly. This just limits the damage from the second knockdown skill? I think this DP change will benefit almost everyone. What we really need is a grapple in order to deal with warriors. I also agree chain grabs are complete BS.

Posted (edited)

No, it will destroy CC based classes and buff classes that base on pure DPS - wizards.

That is utterally false and a reason why one should do their research or at least make a "wizard" in question before talking about it.

There is no pure DPS brute force class. The closest we had was the pre-awakened ranger.

mages have one of the most dependent down attack states of all the classes due to lack of alternative methods of engagement.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Why do you guys even care about pvp changes?

if desync dosnt get fixed pvp is and will always be TRASH.

#fixdesync

Posted (edited)

Wizards dont rely on pure DPS lol.  Almost all their attacks including their 100% rely on bound/down.  Other wise they do hardly any damage in comparison.  This is even more true of witch than wizard, with almost all their skills having down/air/etc modifiers.  And without those modifiers the damage is so so.

What this does is prevent grab classes from totally dominating fights, where one grab equals dead.

This will however make classes like warrior god mode.  Because they can turtle up and theres nothing you can do against them except damage through their shield and hope its enough.  On the flip side of that they shouldn't be able to turtle up and come in for the grab and one shot like they currently do.  Might give more opportunity for strategic play against these classes that previously were one trick ponies.  Yes warrior is cheese mode in 1v1 pvp.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

I don't know if this is the final solution but it seems pretty cool.

Would make air attack combos particularly useful and I think Tamer/Ninja/Kuno would indirectly be buffed due to their long combo chains.

If this went through Musa/Maewha would probably need a bit of a rework. As much as they can back attack well, they'd lose a lot of their burst potential, which was the whole concept of those classes.

Posted (edited)

The players aren't telling the developers what to do, they are testing what the developers already set up. Based on the players pvping each other, they evaluated the situation themselves and will most likely adjust accordingly. The developers know what they are doing, and they will obviously not be fooled by players trying to get their own advantages. 

Edited by Junyoung
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know if this is the final solution but it seems pretty cool.

Would make air attack combos particularly useful and I think Tamer/Ninja/Kuno would indirectly be buffed due to their long combo chains.

If this went through Musa/Maewha would probably need a bit of a rework. As much as they can back attack well, they'd lose a lot of their burst potential, which was the whole concept of those classes.

Air attack is small, and will lead to a KD. You can normally only get air attack within the same skill or follow up skills, before it becomes down attack.

Back attack is not exclusive to any class, though classes like musa/maewha/tamer/warrior/sorc do it a lot more often due to how their skills work. And you would need to stun chain, which has a limit. Basically all burst classes low their potential, which is the point.

It affects pretty much every class fairly equally, with some like mages, zerkers, and valks being a bit more due to how they reliant on KDs to get those big damages.

It's a bit of a cop out, since instead of a proper CC-break technique like other games, they simplyplayed with some numbers and put a block on, which all currently exists in the game.

So it's a tweak in terms of effort standard for the devs.