• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Latest PvP change in kr

110 posts in this topic

Posted

I really like your video(maybe it's not yours) and attitude about this whole thing.  I feel like this community is just too toxic for their own good.  The devs are finally trying -- maybe not introducing the best changes, but trying -- to change PVP.  I'm fairly new to this game, and from what I hear, it's been a rough ride -- however, it does not mean that you guys should dunk on everything the devs do. 

Just keep in mind that the beginning of something is better than no changes as long as they continue to listen to constructive community feedback (which means you probably should keep that caps lock and cussing to a low :P).  Perhaps they just need a chance to test these new waters... Who knows?

This isn't my video, sadly. It's Elsha Uriel, a well known Ranger on the KR client. I agree with your statement, this community complains so much, yet gives no constructive alternative. I am glad that the developers are showing their work now, and even bringing players into to help with the process. 

4 people like this

Posted

This isn't my video, sadly. It's Elsha Uriel, a well known Ranger on the KR client. I agree with your statement, this community complains so much, yet gives no constructive alternative. I am glad that the developers are showing their work now, and even bringing players into to help with the process. 

Yes. Thank you xD

off topic, i heard you mention the "arena" in KR server, how is it?

Is it like a different channel then has 1v1 or 3v3 or whatever.

Balance stats? No matter what class/ gear you have?

Just curious.

Posted

I've changed some of my thoughts since watching a video of this in action:

This makes PvP seem about twenty times more fun. Will it come at the cost of the current meta? Maybe, dunno. It's gonna put a dent in a lot of classes but I think it's worth it. This could absolutely make BDO PvP even more amazing than (/s) a wombo combo one shot fest.

Yeah,the PVP seems way more fun .

but people can only complain ''just'' because Wizard/Witch can get stronger,they balanced Ranger and now people even call ranger weak (which is not true);I'm sure they can do the same with wizards and everything else,just take time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah,the PVP seems way more fun .

but people can only complain ''just'' because Wizard/Witch can get stronger,they balanced Ranger and now people even call ranger weak (which is not true);I'm sure they can do the same with wizards and everything else,just take time.

Ranger balanced? That is second most OP class just after wizard/witch. Only rangers player would call it "weak", only because they are used to be the most OP.

The players aren't telling the developers what to do, they are testing what the developers already set up. Based on the players pvping each other, they evaluated the situation themselves and will most likely adjust accordingly. The developers know what they are doing, and they will obviously not be fooled by players trying to get their own advantages. 

If they would know what they doing they would not allow to current crap. Current issues come from obvious things.

Tell me, do devs pay you for this posts?

Posted

See, I believe we have been giving constructive criticism in certain threads. What they should have done was balance the DPS of the awakened attacks instead which is what everyone has been asking for. I'm not sure if the KR devs even listen to the criticisms from the NA/EU market at this point because if they had, there would have been some nerfs by now to certain classes.

Posted (edited)

See, I believe we have been giving constructive criticism in certain threads. What they should have done was balance the DPS of the awakened attacks instead which is what everyone has been asking for. I'm not sure if the KR devs even listen to the criticisms from the NA/EU market at this point because if they had, there would have been some nerfs by now to certain classes.

No, balancing damage wouldn't have worked. They clearly want to move pass the level of sandbox into esports terroritory. For that to happen you need a mechanic change, on the level of a CC-break, or similar.

This KD-guard is their bandaid-ish way to pass a CC-break.

BnS would be an example of an esport focus, where you have a high level play just based around when and how you use their combos and CC-breaks aka combo brakers.

Edited by Kuu
2 people like this

Posted

Ranger balanced? That is second most OP class just after wizard/witch. Only rangers player would call it "weak", only because they are used to be the most OP.

If they would know what they doing they would not allow to current crap. Current issues come from obvious things.

Tell me, do devs pay you for this posts?

I'm Musa/Ninja Player,i think the class is balance right now.

Well,comparing with Zerker/Warrior/Wizard/Witch ...

Posted

I'm Musa/Ninja Player,i think the class is balance right now.

Well,comparing with Zerker/Warrior/Wizard/Witch ...

So balanced well or compared to rest of god tier? (I ask because gap between god tier and rest classes is huge)

Posted (edited)

Air attack is small, and will lead to a KD. You can normally only get air attack within the same skill or follow up skills, before it becomes down attack.

Back attack is not exclusive to any class, though classes like musa/maewha/tamer/warrior/sorc do it a lot more often due to how their skills work. And you would need to stun chain, which has a limit. Basically all burst classes low their potential, which is the point.

It affects pretty much every class fairly equally, with some like mages, zerkers, and valks being a bit more due to how they reliant on KDs to get those big damages.

It's a bit of a cop out, since instead of a proper CC-break technique like other games, they simplyplayed with some numbers and put a block on, which all currently exists in the game.

So it's a tweak in terms of effort standard for the devs.

Yah I get that re air attacks. My point was that air attacks still get full burst with this change. Presumably the kd-block only works after the body has hit the ground. So an air attack would potentially be the burstiest part of any combo.

Re Maewha/Musa, I meant that these are (or were?) burst classes without grabs. This would lower those classes overall burst potential, since those classes favour shorter combos since they don't have grabs. A change like this would make them better at wittling down opponents but the melee risk factor of the classes would push them further down the line as far as large scale goes.  Who knows...maybe the fact that they have great sustained movement may mean more in a less bursty meta.

Edited by ClockworkArc

Posted

These changes make me very nervous as a Ninja in node wars/sieges. I hope they do more tweaking and figure out a good balance so that assassin classes can still stay relevant. Air attack is huge for Ninja, but it's only one small part of our kit.

Posted

This whole thing, seems to be an April's fool thing afterall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIomqptYVis

At least they got a nice event compare to our stupid wine.

btw, centaur mount sounds good.

Posted

This whole thing, seems to be an April's fool thing afterall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIomqptYVis

Its not.. they are starting (And testing) to change the pvp cuz they know this game is very unbalanced in both 1v1 or sieges.. what the direction they are taking is very wrong in my opinion they should fix the classes unbalance before touch some generic stats like AP>DR>Evasion>accuracy 

Posted

Its not.. they are starting (And testing) to change the pvp cuz they know this game is very unbalanced in both 1v1 or sieges.. what the direction they are taking is very wrong in my opinion they should fix the classes unbalance before touch some generic stats like AP>DR>Evasion>accuracy 

I'm not saying they aren't trying to balance pvp (*cough* i'd like ot believe so), but this event server is certainly not part of it, apparently.

Posted (edited)

lmao i called it. no one believed it at the time, I knew the devs were looking into increasing DP stat usefulness (cuz they actually explicitly stated the concern) ever since they released awakenings on kr. None of the devs like the 1 shot/1 combo mechanics the game has been driven into. 

nice changes, too bad its only on the private server atm. But it'll definitely be nice to see extremely long drawn out battles that require a complete domination to actually get a kill.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted (edited)

I find it extremely hilarious how the devs were forced to change their game completely (instead just tweak/rebalance) because players are too much of a morons and monkeys and continue building full AP and then go fight more full AP players without taking the time to try and learn the game whatsoever so the entire company was forced to rework their game only due to player stupidity 

,,however, at least they're paying attention which is better than nothing. It would be extremely stupid and unlikely (but who knows..) if this change was more negative than it was positive because humans usually progress.. supposedly.. 

Lower damage will benefit better players that can execute better combos, stun > back attacks before you knockdown your enemy ( which has always been the best type of combo since bdo released ) will be king and maybe then worse players will finally learn how to combo properly instead run > grab > 2skills and oneshot their opponent without even constructing a proper combo so you shouldn't be too happy because the odds are that you're one of the people that suck and are carried by currently bad game design and if they take a step towards making the game more skillbased (altho it was already pretty skill based, minus desync) then most people will suffer cause they aren't skilled 

my only thoughts here are how will all these changes interact/work with desync because in the end that's what really matters

Edited by irrelevant
2 people like this

Posted

I'm not saying they aren't trying to balance pvp (*cough* i'd like ot believe so), but this event server is certainly not part of it, apparently.

An event to lets ppl test things instead test themself out,, cheap manouver and i would say smart cuz the best feedback comes from players.

Posted

An event to lets ppl test things instead test themself out,, cheap manouver and i would say smart cuz the best feedback comes from players.

Players from bdo are the best feedback? how many rangers will whine they can't oneshot anymore'?

Posted

Players from bdo are the best feedback? how many rangers will whine they can't oneshot anymore'?

with best feedback i mean if a thing is working or not or if players likes it... ofc i dont agree with those changes if they ever make it official for the simple reason that first they have to balance the classes then we can talk about making changes in pvp in general.

1 person likes this

Posted

maybe u guys will finally learn how to combo properly instead get monkey class carried

esp rangers, they're still gonna be top tier (As they are right now) even if this change happens

UMM what game are YOU playing?  Rangers haven't been top tier for a while now.  They're mid tier ATM.   Wizard, Witch, Warrior, Sorc, Berzerker and soon to be DK are the current Top tier classes.  Ranger has dropped to mid tier now with maewha & musa. 

Posted

rangers need a tank buff cause they usually die to lag

Posted

UMM what game are YOU playing?  Rangers haven't been top tier for a while now.  They're mid tier ATM.   Wizard, Witch, Warrior, Sorc, Berzerker and soon to be DK are the current Top tier classes.  Ranger has dropped to mid tier now with maewha & musa. 

nice joke rangers arent top tier

gtfo 

lmao 

Posted

Air attack is small, and will lead to a KD. You can normally only get air attack within the same skill or follow up skills, before it becomes down attack.

Back attack is not exclusive to any class, though classes like musa/maewha/tamer/warrior/sorc do it a lot more often due to how their skills work. And you would need to stun chain, which has a limit. Basically all burst classes low their potential, which is the point.

It affects pretty much every class fairly equally, with some like mages, zerkers, and valks being a bit more due to how they reliant on KDs to get those big damages.

It's a bit of a cop out, since instead of a proper CC-break technique like other games, they simplyplayed with some numbers and put a block on, which all currently exists in the game.

So it's a tweak in terms of effort standard for the devs.

wonder if this means ninja cant float from a grapple anymore if your blocking it :c

Posted (edited)

nice joke rangers arent top tier

gtfo 

lmao 

Ummm they simply aren't... why do you think everyone and their sister who is/was a ranger is rerolling wizard or DK or Warrior...   Orca the leader of Barcode is one example that immediately comes to mind and he's explained on his stream multiple times why ranger isn't that great anymore and why they struggle to have a viable role in Sieges anymore. They've been reduced to assassin classes like musa/ maewha, ninja or Kuno.    Rangers get farmed for points all the time in RBFs.  Just watch Lacari's stream and you'll see he constantly singles out rangers because they're easy targets.    Sure if a ranger can get a grab off or a KD they can burst you down but if they miss they're right screwed.    They're still decent in 1v1s but that's not the true measure of how good a class is.   Hell tamer's are one of the best 1v1 classes but they're sure as hell not considered one of the best classes. 

Point blank Ranger has been nerfed into a Mid Tier class.  They simply aren't top Tier any more.  Top Tier classes are good at all aspects of the game. 1v1s, PvE, small and large group PvP and Sieges.    Those classes are Wizard/Witch, Warrior, Sorc, Berzerker, and soon to be DK once it has it's awakening.    

That being said once main hand awakenings come out I feel that Ranger will once again shine.  I'm still leveling a ranger for that reason as well as the fact that I just like the gameplay of a ranger and also because they make great boss alts. 

And Like we've seen on multiple occasions ANY class can be great/lethal/deadly in the right hands of a player passionate enough with a class to truly master it...  But generally speaking Rangers have been nerfed to Mid tier.  End. Of. Story. 

Edited by JoeBravo
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Will be immune to immunity... Like he either reduces dmg and eats CC twice, or its same as now?

very simple. Called diminishing returns, and was in WoW for a while.

It prevents CC abuse, and gives people a chance to fight back.  The more times you get cced, the less effective it is(chance to hit), and the less time it lasts. IDK the specifics here, nobody does yet, but thats the premise.

Keep in mind this is within a time limit, say 8 seconds, etc. So you can't just keep someone in an infinite lock

Edited by CaptainSnuggles
1 person likes this