• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does Kr have animation cancel on stub arrow?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I was watching a random Musa video over in Korea, and the musa managed to shoot out stub arrows super fast and then chase away after casting one or 2. Is there a trick to it, or is that just a patch out in Korea? Usually when i try to cast it, i'm stuck in an animation lock until all 3 are shot out. 

Posted

they are hot-keying the stub arrow II and not casting the triple shot. Otherwise you would be stuck in animation.

Try pressing the hotkey of it instead of doing it with the combination. Then you will be able to keep moving and hopefully land a 1/100 stiff on the opponent.

Posted

If you happen to have the video, that would help :) 

Posted

I'll make one later if need be, gonna head to bed now. You can easily test it as well. Just use a hotkey to shoot the stub arrow 2 while you're chasing, and you will see what I mean. 1 shot and you're free to move again, without the massive wind up twirl, pull bow back, fire that the triple shot gets.

Posted

kk ill try it out. 

Posted (edited)

I'll make one later if need be, gonna head to bed now. You can easily test it as well. Just use a hotkey to shoot the stub arrow 2 while you're chasing, and you will see what I mean. 1 shot and you're free to move again, without the massive wind up twirl, pull bow back, fire that the triple shot gets.

I was referring to the video the op saw ;) As there are multiple ways of cancelling stub arrow

Edited by Cryptid

Posted

Yea, I can't seem to find it T.T. I found it on one of those random pvp video tangents at like 4 am :(

Posted

I'm a bit interested in this, even though i just find myself using only triple shot recently

Posted (edited)

rip guess not 

I'm a bit interested in this, even though i just find myself using only triple shot recently

I'm not 100 % sure if this works, cus it involves me having to reset skills, but what I found that works 100 % of the time, is to use ww chase after it. It cancels the animation.

Edited by Kayray
can't english

Posted (edited)

I'm aware of which video op is referring to. On mobile so not going to bother finding it right now. I'll edit this post afterwards if someone hasn't posted it by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-EwpVOQNY&t=788s

But yes I have ww on a hot key bind (which is essential for non awakening dash cancel), which allows us to cancel the animations for stub arrow. However when I tried testing the out, I wasn't able to reproduce what I saw in the KR video. In the KR video, I saw the arrows continue to fly even though the player was already in chase animation. However when I tried that, it simply canceled stub, putting it on cd and not providing a stiffness. I had to wait for the arrows to actually fly out before canceling it with ww chase.

Edited by johnsneo

Posted

I'm aware of which video op is referring to. On mobile so not going to bother finding it right now. I'll edit this post afterwards if someone hasn't posted it by then. But yes I have ww on a hot key bind (which is essential for non awakening dash cancel), which allows us to cancel the animations for stub arrow. However when I tried testing the out, I wasn't able to reproduce what I saw in the KR video. In the KR video, I saw the arrows continue to fly even though the player was already in chase animation. However when I tried that, it simply canceled stub, putting it on cd and not providing a stiffness. I had to wait for the arrows to actually fly out before canceling it with ww chase.

THIS^^^^

Posted (edited)

Also, for those of you who are having issues with triple stub arrow, a word of advice. There is no need to do the turning charge up animation after normal stub arrow. When you backward chase and use stub, you will automatically use triple stub. Normal stub and triple stub are on two separate cd, allowing you to use them interchangeably.

If you want to take it a step further, charged stub arrow is also on a separate cd so you could technically use all three in rotation. (Though charged might put normal stub on cd so you'd want to use normal stub before charged)

Edited by johnsneo

Posted

Also, for those of you who are having issues with triple stub arrow, a word of advice. There is no need to do the turning charge up animation after normal stub arrow. When you backward chase and use stub, you will automatically use triple stub. Normal stub and triple stub are on two separate cd, allowing you to use them interchangeably.

If you want to take it a step further, charged stub arrow is also on a separate cd so you could technically use all three in rotation.

Imo everybody should know this, back chase into triple shot is the strongest of the 3, since it comes quicker and more unexpectendly, it's by far my fav choice, rarely using the other 2.

Posted

Charged evasion shot is nice for baiting people, as the evasion portion of the skill is significantly faster than the normal animation 

1 person likes this

Posted

Has anyone tried kick cancels for arrows skills?

Maybe F->stub(hotbar)

I know sorc had a few kick cancels for cc abilities. 

Would have to try with both ultimate and non ultimate versions. 

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPVurLaA8hA

You can use both stub arrow 1 and 3 as a separate stiffness. So always fire just 1 arrow at a time and save the other. 
Forward chase fires stub arrow 1, backwards chase fires stub arrow 3.
Use ww in blade mode to cancel the animation of stub arrow and then follow up with any cc u like.

Posted

You can use both stub arrow 1 and 3 as a separate stiffness. So always fire just 1 arrow at a time and save the other. 
Use ww in blade mode to cancel the animation of stub arrow and then follow up with any cc u like.

Thanks for the vid, turns out i was doing it without realizing it, since everytime i fire i'm already ww'ing in response for a possible cc (and back off if it wasn't obv).

Posted

Yea i figured this out by accident, but the video makes it more evident. Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0