• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why does Valencia suck?

75 posts in this topic

Posted

I had more fun  exploring the desert (without compass) than grinding pirates over and over like a bot.

Yeah i know, having fun shouldnt be the goal of a game :D

Posted

Its fine how it is. Any buff will bring me more crowded players. 

Can only agree with Muqinn. Karma ppl should have atleast a nice town. Not this potato thing ... 

Posted

I go to Valencia whenever I'm in need of CP. It's literally the best place to quickly grind CP points by doing quests. Most quests give more than 200 cp exp even if it's just about a delivery of a crate to another NPC. I'm actually glad that there's finally a region where questing is actually usefull haha. It already pisses me off that quests almost never give normal (combat) exp. At least these quests are worth doing for the CP.

Posted

I had more fun  exploring the desert (without compass) than grinding pirates over and over like a bot.

Yeah i know, having fun shouldnt be the goal of a game :D

Thats totally fine that youre having fun wandering around Valencia, but this thread isnt about that.

Posted (edited)

Thats totally fine that youre having fun wandering around Valencia, but this thread isnt about that.

Yes, is about how "valencia sucks 'cause isn't crowded with people" right?

A desert can't be designed for being crowded. Plus, the main reason why Valencia have few people in, it's purely cause of lazyness and the mathematic- attitude that overflow in lots of BDO's players

Just buy a compass and explore, BDO shouldn't be reduced in a silver/hours calculator, it's quite depressing seeing so many people focused only on that.

Edited by Estiqaatsi
6 people like this

Posted

nvm what I said earlier ! Velencia sucks, don't go there ! Ever ! Thx !

Posted (edited)

My god, what you write is total exaggeration. Even with kamasilva blessings this is pure exaggeration.
I have leveled my tamer from 58-60 at cadry's. Now I level my lvl 57 DK at cadry's. I also have node 10 and I only once had instance when in period of 1h I dropped something around 10-12 scrolls. Average drop rate is around 3-4 scrolls per hour.
40 green weapons per hour ?? That's total bullshit.

+1 on this, drops arent nearly as good as that.

What a load of crap and whines... I recently returned to BDO and you know what ?

Valencia is just fine !

It was fine at release.... it is even better now with spots 2.0 and boss' mobs... and PILA KU.

"no loot" in valencia ? Yeah right... mostly BiS... but let's ignore that...

No exp ? yeah right that's how I did lvl 57-59 in less than a month without nolifing...

I really didn't miss the "make the game how I want it " bandwagon.

Valencia is just fine, which is proven by the amount of people in there.  Oh wait theres barely any. 57-59 takes a week, not "nearly a month", especially on pirates.

A desert can't be designed for being crowded. Plus, the main reason why Valencia have few people in, it's purely cause of lazyness and the mathematic- attitude that overflow in lots of BDO's playerbase.

Just buy a compass and explore, BDO shouldn't be reduced in a silver/hours calculator, it's quite depressing seeing so many people focused only on that.

Are you guys liberals? You seem to be using the point that is proof that its bad to say its good.

Using "lol enjoy your crowded places" is not proof that its better, its proof that its worse. Thats simple logic.

You seem to be forgetting too that this is critique to make things better, not to say OMG IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU, you guys really are a bunch of kids/liberals

Edited by 2cute2shoot

Posted

I dont like two things in Valencia:

- killing a pack of pirates gives almost same amount of exp as killing pack of basilisk. Like wtf? Why is there no exp/monster hp scaling after almost year of "valencja exp is weak when compared to pirates" complains????

- debuffs

Posted

A desert can't be designed for being crowded. Plus, the main reason why Valencia have few people in, it's purely cause of lazyness and the mathematic- attitude that overflow in lots of BDO's players

Its not about us wanting to make Valencia crowded. Were trying to give high lvl players a reason to leave Sausans and Pirates. If youre doing any sort of leveling, or $$$ grinding, you want to do it effenciently (otherwise youd be grinding grass beetles outside of olvia).

Posted

Which part should be "constructive" here? I only see rants for the wrong reasons

Desert is harsh? It is if you aren't ready for it. Counters are cheap (water,tea,compass ecc...)

Gives bad exp? False, but require a better gear, considering is supposed to be and endgame zone and, most important thing, it require some focus while grinding/traveling.

Gives bad loot? Well, like other areas i guess. An user said, before me, he got 4 scrolls in 1 hour with connected node. I got 6 scrolls in the same time without connected node. RnG is a "pro/con" for each zone. For example i never got a single Ogre Ring in months of farming.

Quests? Gives tons of contribution exp, best place for raising CP.

Far from middle? that's why you should have a good horse for Valencia

If you wanna make a discussion let's talk, i m good with it, if you wanna just say "noob/kid!" to everyone, dont quote me again

1 person likes this

Posted

So I've been playing this game for half a year now and have finally decided to continue questing into the Valencia region. I don't really know why but I've always had this idea of seeing players out in the desert. Crossing it to get to the shining city on the sands or being out there to fight players/monsters as the black desert (also the name of the game) would be the end game area in my mind. It saddens me to learn that Valencia, along with all of its region, are damn near empty. What I have been told  from asking around is that its just not worth it to go out there. Which is just so disappointing because here I was saving what I thought to be a whole other part of the game for when I got close to having good gear. It just baffles me that Kakao Games can leave an entire half of the map useless other than questing in a game like this. It now makes sense to me why servers have so much issues. When everyone is crammed into half of the map the other half sits empty and just uses up server resources for nothing.

Yes, Valencia id dead! Especially Bandits, do NOT go there. Terrible xp and garbage money. No need to go there at all O.o

IF You TOUCH MY SHADOWS ILL KILL YOU!

1 person likes this

Posted

Its not about us wanting to make Valencia crowded. Were trying to give high lvl players a reason to leave Sausans and Pirates. If youre doing any sort of leveling, or $$$ grinding, you want to do it effenciently (otherwise youd be grinding grass beetles outside of olvia).

There are already reasons, but they arent YOUR reasons

Like I said in another comment, if you are still at pirates/sausan at 58-59, there's something wrong with your gear or with your game's vision

at higher levels, exp should be the main reason for a player, not making 500.001 silver instread of 489.567 for each hour of grinding

Posted

Like I said in another comment, if you are still at pirates/sausan at 58-59, there's something wrong with your gear or with your game's vision

at higher levels, exp should be the main reason for a player, not making 500.001 silver instread of 489.567 for each hour of grinding

except the exp isnt that great in the desert either. ever notice when someone posts that they reached lvl 60-61 that they take the screenshot at pirates?

Posted (edited)

except the exp isnt that great in the desert either. ever notice when someone posts that they reached lvl 60-61 that they take the screenshot at pirates?

Dont think is an exp issue, mostly like a $$$ problem.

They should raise the silver for trash mob items, agree on that

Edited by Estiqaatsi

Posted

Dont think is an exp issue, mostly like a $$$ problem.

They should raise the silver for trash mod items, agree on that

you ignored what i said. have fun lifeskilling in heidel while telling us about valencia grind.

Posted (edited)

you ignored what i said. have fun lifeskilling in heidel while telling us about valencia grind.

You woke up bad?

I'm not ignoring nothing, but seems you want "a fight" where there's nothing to fight for....mah....

Pirates gives more exp/hour cause you can one-shoot 'em. A good gear char can't do the same with Valencia mobs, that's why "they gives more exp". More mobs, less risks. Plus, everytime i go to pirates some "tree-pisser" is occupying the main spot, so i really don't understand what brings all players in the same spot like a sheeps's flock

What can I say? keep going on pirates, more space for us in the big bad sucky desert ;)

Edited by Estiqaatsi
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My god, what you write is total exaggeration. Even with kamasilva blessings this is pure exaggeration.
I have leveled my tamer from 58-60 at cadry's. Now I level my lvl 57 DK at cadry's. I also have node 10 and I only once had instance when in period of 1h I dropped something around 10-12 scrolls. Average drop rate is around 3-4 scrolls per hour.
40 green weapons per hour ?? That's total bullshit.

I am sorry you don't believe me. As I said RNG is RNG. Sure I may not always get 12 scrolls an hour, but I consistently get about 40 weapons per hour This does not change. It is quite annoying, because I have to either delete them or stop to melt them.

Cadry has a very wide margin of profit. I'd say for me the lowest I have gotten in an hour was about 8-9 mil and 16 mil being the highest so far. Perhaps it is your farm speed that is keeping your profits down?

This is the rotation I am able to do in the 2 min respawn time. I could probably expand a bit more, but my pet looting can't quite keep up. the mobs pretty much respawn right as I get to them.

rotation.png

Edited by Nimalla

Posted (edited)

Which part should be "constructive" here? I only see rants for the wrong reasons

Desert is harsh? It is if you aren't ready for it. Counters are cheap (water,tea,compass ecc...)

Gives bad exp? False, but require a better gear, considering is supposed to be and endgame zone and, most important thing, it require some focus while grinding/traveling.

Gives bad loot? Well, like other areas i guess. An user said, before me, he got 4 scrolls in 1 hour with connected node. I got 6 scrolls in the same time without connected node. RnG is a "pro/con" for each zone. For example i never got a single Ogre Ring in months of farming.

Quests? Gives tons of contribution exp, best place for raising CP.

Far from middle? that's why you should have a good horse for Valencia

If you wanna make a discussion let's talk, i m good with it, if you wanna just say "noob/kid!" to everyone, dont quote me again

Dude, what are you trying to do, acting passive aggressive and accusing people of saying something they never said.

I never said the desert is harsh. So theres 1, I never even mentioned Contribution Exp, but regardless Contribution exp has is not up to debate here, we're talking about grindzones not about City Quests. I also never mentioned "far from middle". Stop making up shit when you reply to me. Or anyone for that fact.

So if you wanna make a discussion, lets talk, but dont put words into other peoples mouths just to prove your "point"

Actually theyre everybodys reasons, the whole topic is based on the fact that the Valencia is bad for PvE.

Exp is better at Pirates, its the sole reason why Pirates is a thing. Now with RCE prices are up again its also better money.

Stop trying to use "thats your reason not mine" as excuse, how many times are you gonna evade the fact that every player that goes for efficient grinding avoids Valencia like the plague.

I am sorry you don't believe me. As I said RNG is RNG. Sure I may not always get 12 scrolls an hour, but I consistently get about 40 weapons per hour This does not change. It is quite annoying, because I have to either delete them or stop to melt them.

Cadry has a very wide margin of profit. I'd say for me the lowest I have gotten in an hour was about 8-9 mil and 16 mil being the highest so far. Perhaps it is your farm speed that is keeping your profits down?

This is the rotation I am able to do in the 2 min respawn time. I could probably expand a bit more, but my pet looting can't quite keep up.

rotation.png

Is that the zone where the Gatekeeper spawns? Yes it is, good job dude You cant level there anymore unless youre either lucky or channel hop.

You wanna go further north, regardless 40 weapons per hour is bogus, Im at 220+ AP with a lvl 10 Node and A/S Knowledge on all mobs there. Ive never come close to 40weapons.

Edited by 2cute2shoot
1 person likes this

Posted

Is that the zone where the Gatekeeper spawns? Yes it is, good job dude You cant level there anymore unless youre either lucky or channel hop.

You wanna go further north, regardless 40 weapons per hour is bogus, Im at 220+ AP with a lvl 10 Node and A/S Knowledge on all mobs there. Ive never come close to 40weapons.

Gatekeeper doesn't stop me I just hug the wall. If he does happen to aggro I just keep killing and make sure he doesn't hit me. I guess DK's mobility has an advantage in that respect. Dunno what to tell you man, that's what I get. One of these days ill have to try and record a grind session to post.

Posted

The debate is ALWAYS on grindzones. Like 90% of discussions, seems that some players knows only 1 game-mechanic: grind, grind, grind, grind, grind....jeez....

And the quests are totally part of discussion . You can't talk about a zone without taking every aspects, including quests.

You keep talking about exp/silver each hours without saying how much time you need for finding a good spot, hoping noone will come for grief/fighting.

Same answer i gave to another use: pirates are "better"? Good for you, enjoy the fighting with others for a piece of mud. I'm not a hardcore grinder (max 1-2 hours) so i prefer a quiet place with a good exp/silver each hours.

I prefer that mayority of people consider Valencia "bad", keeps it good for "casuals", and for casuals i mean players that doesnt play with a chronometre and a calculator next to 'em :)

So ye, go efficient at pirates, enjoy ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

The debate is ALWAYS on grindzones. Like 90% of discussions, seems that some players knows only 1 game-mechanic: grind, grind, grind, grind, grind....jeez....

And the quests are totally part of discussion . You can't talk about a zone without taking every aspects, including quests.

You keep talking about exp/silver each hours without saying how much time you need for finding a good spot, hoping noone will come for grief/fighting.

Same answer i gave to another use: pirates are "better"? Good for you, enjoy the fighting with others for a piece of mud. I'm not a hardcore grinder (max 1-2 hours) so i prefer a quiet place with a good exp/silver each hours.

I prefer that mayority of people consider Valencia "bad", keeps it good for "casuals", and for casuals i mean players that doesnt play with a chronometre and a calculator next to 'em :)

So ye, go efficient at pirates, enjoy ;)

So you admit that Valencia exp spots are bad. That was easy.

Posted

So you admit that Valencia exp spots are bad. That was easy.

Suuuuure, stay away from the bad bad desert :D

Ok i had fun, cya

Posted

Already done that (492 energy). What now? Wait for Kamasilvia?

Yes, Valencia id dead! Especially Bandits, do NOT go there. Terrible xp and garbage money. No need to go there at all O.o

IF You TOUCH MY SHADOWS ILL KILL YOU!

Oh, yes. The non-desert area that's already really crowded during weekends. Let's make sure our spot stays super secret. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Posted

Already done that (492 energy). What now? Wait for Kamasilvia?

Oh, yes. The non-desert area that's already really crowded during weekends. Let's make sure our spot stays super secret. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

There is someone who does not know about it ? 

Posted (edited)

I once knew someone who've said he was doing pirates from lvl 56-61

What? Why are you doing that? Then people say grind Sausan or Elric. They say many many mobs. I prefer using spots in my range like ruins (Crowded when new awa comes) or soldiers grave till lvl 57. I get more exp at soldiers grave than at Elric and the clear speed is almost same if you can handle their annoying mechanics. Then I do Basilisks from 57 till 59 and then I go Sulfur Mines. Never did Pirates nor Sausan. Never did Crescends, Bashims, Bandits, Pila Ku and fogans (especially that one cuz low karma town nearby) whatever because I know I'll get rekt and PK'ed. But Valencia really isn't that bad.

Barely see anyone in the northern area. People do Pila Ku cuz they've seen it on youtube

Edited by 앨리슨