• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Does Valencia Need a Rework? No. It's a Good Expansion.

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Valencia / I was bored.

I write this partially because I enjoy sharing information with other players, no matter how "common knowledge" it may seem to some or most of us, and partially because I believe Valencia has it's own merits. Even when some would discredit it as utterly pointless when compared next to Pirates or Mediah spots.

I do welcome other's opinions though, so feel free to call me a stupid cow head if you want to. 

I will give you a TL;DR though because I know this will be far, far too much wordage for most people. Valencia isn't a shitty and worthless region/content patch because it's grind spots are lacking when held up next to Pirates. It has a plethora of useful perks and everyday things that I am positive all of the "Valencia is pointless and crap" players still use, as well as potential grinding locations, extremely convenient rare items, and the cute little baby elephants.

This isn't one of the shiny forum dramas like "Oh the staff are out to get us!", but it does irk me when people trash Valencia because they dislike one facet of it's content, the grinding. I was also bored and decided I wanted to write something with some actual effort put into it. 

I suppose the best place to start would be simple quality of life benefits that the Valencia region possesses.

Vwe1NuN.png

Villas:

The first and foremost of Valencia's QoL benefits would be obvious to most, the Villas. These are the small teal house icons that appear on your world map when you move it over to the Valencia region. Hovering over them will show that they give varying buffs for varying prices in gold bars, contain all the NPCs required to keep a grind going, as well as a daily quest that rewards you with gold bars. However, they all cost 5 million silver per week if you'd like to utilize the amenities that they provide. This is partially counteracted by the daily quest within that will end up rewarding you about 3.5 million silver if you do it daily for 1 week.

As an example, Gahaz's Villa near the Gahaz Bandit Lair offers 10% Combat EXP, 10 AP, 10% grapple resist, and 5% knockdown resist penetration if I recall correctly. When "purchasing" these buffs off of the currency exchange vendor NPC within the villa you will have the option to purchase a 90 minute variant for 100k silver, or a 3 hour variant for 300k silver. These buffs will persist no matter where you go on that character meaning they're potentially beneficial for activities like node wars. Purchasing them will cut into your grinding profits, but the bonus AP and EXP is worth it to a lot of players that grind in Valencia frequently, myself included. 

The NPCs within these villas will generally consist of a currency exchange vendor, where you can purchase and/or sell gold bars. They are also where you will be purchasing the villa buffs. As well as a repair vendor/general goods vendor to keep your weapons shiny and your health bar full. 

Take into account that not all of the villas are combat based, there are different buffs at just about all of them. They are also safe zones.

Desert Trading (M2 Trading):

The situation regarding desert trading is a complicated one and it relies on a rather thorough understanding of life skills, worker empires, and making these two things work in tandem. 

The short and sweet of it is that the desert offers a temporary buff that increases your profits from trading within the desert by a substantial amount. The most popular use of this buff is currently "crating", which allows players to gather timber or other "crate-able" materials with workers, refine them via processing, package them into trade crates with more workers, and sell them for a rather significant profit with the utilization of this desert trading buff. The one large caveat to this lucrative process is that the buff requires you to be Master 2 level in trading, as well as a hefty energy donation to acquire the buff temporarily. 

The buff described above costs 100 energy and gives you 50% more profit on items coming into the desert to be traded, the crafted trade crates for example. It is obtained from the node Purity within the desert. There is a secondary buff obtained in Ibellab Oasis that also costs 100 energy and gives you 100% more profit on items leaving the desert. 

Muiquun EXP Buffs:

Within the negative karma town of Muiquun, there are a small handful of quests that will reward you with 30% bonus EXP for 2 hours upon completion. These buffs stack with other EXP buffs and are one small lure into the dark red world of negative karma. 

These quests aren't particularly easy in comparison to most other typical quests, generally involving some form of "banditry". Whether it be hunting down and killing 3 other players (which can easily be accomplished without risk by queuing into RBF), or tracking down a trade caravan of high level NPCs traversing the desert. 

Negative Karma Penalties "Removed":

The desert is a potential playground for those who enjoy killing other players, and are strong enough to do so. Essentially all of the negative karma penalties such as gem loss, enchantment degrade, and EXP loss, are negated within the desert. Meaning there's no risk to your character's progression upon death while negative as long as you're in the desert. 

To "replace" these negative karma deterrents, the desert has a jail/bandit system. For 30 minutes after slaying another player, you will have a large crossed swords icon displayed next to your name separate from the PvP flag icon. If you are slain whilst this icon is displayed, your character will be sent to jail.

Unique Rarities:

Ignoring rare gear drops like the Sicil's Necklace or Crescent Ring for now. The desert has some other unique and highly sought after items that it may offer up to you if you're a lucky enough soul. The first and most well known of these items being the Archaeologist's Map, or the golden map. A permanent version of the easy to acquire Traveler's Map that also allows you to return to your original location within a set period of time after teleporting away from it. The second and less well known of these items being the "Lafi Bedmountain's Upgraded Compass" which is a permanent compass, similar to the ancient compass that is easily acquired via the marketplace. On top of that, it possesses the unique capability to summon your party to your location.

The Archaeologist's Map is acquired in 4 golden map pieces, 2 drop within Pila Ku Jail and the other 2 drop at the Sulfur Mines north of Valencia city. The Upgraded Compass is acquired in 3 pieces, at least 1 of which can be acquired within the Aakman dungeon which we'll get to later.  

Miniature Elephant Mount:

For the small fee of 35 million silver and a bit of your time you can own what is essentially a baby elephant as personal mount. I did the quests a long while ago, but if I recall correctly it's acquired from a series of quests at Shakatu's Villa. It has extremely high carry weight, on par if not better than wagons, as well as skills it can learn (similar to how horses work). While slow when low level, a leveled elephant with the right skills can be surprisingly quick even when overloaded with a bazaar's worth of items. 

Feel free to offer suggestions if I missed anything that you feel should be included. There are other factors that make the desert not so bad of a place, such as the lower population in comparison to places like Mediah or Kuit, and the options afforded to you in regards to grinding locale depending on whether you have a particular focus (EXP vs. money vs. items). I'll go into those a little later on though. 

Now, I know that these aren't something unique to Valencia, world bosses are just about everywhere throughout the map, but both of the Valencian world bosses can be very lucrative and are pieces of Valencian content nonetheless. 

9l4V7p1.png

The Valencia region offers us two world bosses, the first one that was released on NA/EU being Kutum, the almighty god of vacuum cleaners. The second and more infamous release being Nouver, a dragon that spawns out within the desert proper. He was supposed to randomly spawn in 1 of 3 locations but ended up having 1 set spawn a bit Southeast of Sand Grain Bazaar. Kutum spawns within the Scarlet Sand Chamber which is Northeast of everyone's favorite centaurs. 

Both of these bosses drop boss quality offhand weapons along with the plethora of other odds and ends that world bosses always drop. The decision whether to pursue these offhand weapons instead of other options like Vangertz, Saiyer, or Rosar is up to the player. The Nouver offhand is pure AP, which some classes don't have access to in an offhand without a Nouver. It also has 2 sockets and 10% all CC resistance. The Kutum offhand is a bit more niche and offers a hybrid of AP and DP, along with 2 sockets, some accuracy, and 10% all CC resistance penetration. It is suspected that Kutum also has hidden bonus damage to PvE targets because the damage difference with Kutum while grinding just about anywhere is significant compared to most offhands, but this isn't anything backed by datamining and there's no word from Kakao or PA.

Nascardragon, AKA Nouver                                                           Vacuumworm, AKA Kutum
wbt_nouver.thumb.png.d4c2cf428567bc576d9                 Kutum-360x264.thumb.png.d5d4ee064f9b2efa

Grinding locations. Some may say without a second thought that this is irrelevant without taking a look at what there is to be said about Valencia's diversity of locations, and that's fine. Not everyone has Master 2 trading and the desire to ward off 72 players an hour while manhandling some pirates and drinking a fine cup of tea. 

zPuLQZY.png

Some of the first locations that may come to mind for a lot of people might be the Gahaz Bandit Lair or Pila Ku. I think people should recognize that while these are swell grind spots, there are other options that maintain relevancy due to a small handful of factors. Such as proximity to a villa, mob "difficulty", and EXP gain. 

As I'm writing this, I recognize that pirates is just about the most efficient silver/hour and EXP/hour hybrid that you can get, and with Master 2 trading it's seemingly the best silver/hour hands down making it almost the only grind spot worth going to if you've put in the time commitment to hit Master 2 and also want to grind out levels. However, if you're not strong enough to hold down a pirates rotation solo, or don't want to deal with all of the players that are almost constantly swarming over that island nowadays, then Valencia provides a few valid alternatives. Especially when it comes to EXP/hour. 

Gatekeepers:

I'll make a bit of a jump here and start with gatekeeper farming. This will generally consist of a party of 5 channel hopping and repeatedly downing a group of gatekeepers in the hopes of getting Serap's Necklaces on the special deals since gatekeepers have a rather high drop rate for those necklaces. Depending on clear speed, a group may move between Cadry gatekeepers and Naga gatekeepers during a channel hop cooldown and repeat every time that cooldown ran out. Crescents and Fogans is another potential option. 

This "grind" is certainly reliant on the acquisition of Serap's Necklaces so there is some RNG involved, and it's actual usefulness greatly depends on your group and your group's ability to clear gatekeepers in a short period of time so that you can kill as many per hour as possible with the channel hop cooldowns. If your group is running this grind well and killing gatekeepers as efficiently as possible, then this can net players upwards of 20 million silver per hour rather consistently. 

Aakman:

Aakman is the black portal that you'll occasionally see throughout your times in the desert. It moves about randomly and serves as the entrance to the dungeon proper. The mobs within this dungeon are basically massive meat shields that require either obscenely high stats, or a relatively decked out party to farm them with. Aakman is realistically where you'll see the best EXP gain in-game pre-Kamasylvia, generally while partied up with other players to make the farming actually efficient. It's a rough place to farm, with tanky mobs that do a lot of damage, but it'll reward you with fantastic EXP and potentially other rewards if you go into it strong enough and prepared. 

Pila Ku:

There isn't as much to say about grind spots outside of Aakman and the gatekeeper grind as most of the others are rather straightforward. Pila Ku is another popular grinding location for EXP and negative karma players due to the fact that it's in close proximity to Muiquun as well as a villa. Sicil's Necklaces can drop here, along with golden map pieces, and the silver per hour isn't anything amazing but it's certainly enough to keep people grinding there.

It's worth mentioning that only 2 of the golden map pieces drop here. The other 2 drop at the Roud Sulfur Works which is another grind spot similar to Pila Ku in that it drops Sicil's Necklaces and map parts, but the mobs are tankier with similar EXP rates meaning it's generally less EXP/hour.  

Gahaz Bandits:

The Gahaz Bandit Lair is a pretty damn popular spot right now and it's just East of the town of Shakatu. There's two villas in extremely close proximity to most of the grinding routes as well as a town, meaning this is a very "convenient" grinding locale. There are also a handful of elites that can spawn throughout the bandit lair, and there are mob rotations around them, enabling people to farm the elites for black stones and Serap's Necklaces while still netting themselves good EXP and silver per hour off of the normal monsters in the area.

This area is easily accessible and a valid option even for players in the 56-58 range as long as their gear is up to snuff. Because of that it can be a bit crowded at times, but it's definitely worth the time in regards to EXP/hour and silver/hour.  

Bashims:

Bashims is extremely similar to the Gahaz Bandit Lair in a lot of ways, It's a few rotations of mostly humanoid mobs on the outskirts of the desert, with a villa and a "town" relatively close by. The differences lie in the fact that Bashims will net you more EXP, but significantly less silver due to a lack of elites and trash items worth very little. Farming the Bashims "plateau" rotation effectively has been a low-key EXP grind for a long, long while now but is gaining in popularity as it rivals even pirates in EXP rates. 

Desert Fogans:

The desert fogans are not a grind that I've committed to myself, so there's not much I can say. They're in the far Southeast corner of the desert and apparently brandish some of the best EXP rates outside of pirates, but with extremely low income due to trash drops on par with Bashims in regards to worth. They have a gatekeeper, as do the Crescents nearby. They are also relatively close to a villa so you're not necessarily needing to run to Valencia every time your weapon breaks.

Cadry:

The Cadry Ruins are an interesting grind spot to me and they've always held some allure for some odd reason. They drop the Cadry Guardian Ring which is a DP ring that isn't worth particularly much, they have a gatekeeper as do the nearby Nagas, and they also have a elites like the Gahaz Bandit Lair does. These elites drop Serap's Necklaces. They're similar to Bandits and Bashims in regards to EXP/hour and silver/hour except they're not really better in either, simply less populated than the other 2 locations. 

Crescents/Basilisks/Laytenns:

These are the 3 "rare" item farms that exist in Valencia. Grind spots with particularly poor EXP and silver per hour with the added chance of a rare drop. Crescents can drop the Ring of Crescent Guardian which is an AP ring, the Basilisks can drop the Basilisk's Belt which is an AP belt, and the Laytenns can drop the Laytenn's Power Stone which is an AP necklace equal to an Ogre Ring. The Crescents are in Southern Valencia back in the Crescent Mountains, and are the easiest of these three mob types to grind. The Basilisks are on the far West side of the Valencia region near Altinova, and are probably on bar with the Laytenns in regards to general difficulty. The Laytenns are very similar to the Ogres in the West since there are a small handful of them out meandering the desert, however they only spawn at night and they're significantly more difficult to take down than an Ogre is. 

Now that concludes just about everything I had to say regarding the Valencia region and some of the reasons it's more useful and popular than some may think. There are still a handful of little "details" that I want to point out though, I just don't have a lot to say about them, so I will simply list those below in lazy moderator format. 

TL;DR #2, I suppose the point of this is to show that even if Valencia's grinding isn't the best all around grinding in the game, it still has it's merits and isn't a waste of space on your HDD/SSD like a lot of people seem to think it is. Just because the grinding isn't what you'd like it to be, doesn't mean that the expansion is just shit and needs to be reworked from the ground up. I'd say it has some of the most "balanced" grinding choices in the game. EXP vs. silver. vs. items. Like I said earlier. You shouldn't be able to get all 3 at one location. #reworkpirates

k6QB4OD.png

• Extremely high CP experience quests
  • Elephants, both guild and personal
  • Large and expansive desert with arguably interesting areas and towns
  • More nodes to war at
  • A gorgeous capital city that is sadly neglected
  • Shovel gathering
  • The region launched with shiny new items for all different types of gameplay
  • Extension of the main story quest before it was gutted for pre-51 leveling
  • Unique jail/bandit system
  • A town for the more evil inclined players among us
  • More difficult and interesting PvE content (elites, gatekeepers, world bosses, dungeons)
  • Shiny unique items with spectacular uses that take ages to get
  • more?

Cheers.

22 people like this

Posted (edited)

As a Fairley new player to BDO I find myself lost when in Valencia but this thread does it alot of justice. I think alot of the grinding spots can/should be reworked but over all I do love the change of scenery and landscape Valencia has to offer and how it let's you know how truly vast bdo is as a game. Good post man, thank you! 

Edited by Renliff

Posted

valencia sucks get a grip

5 people like this

Posted

Yes yes keep killing each other over pirates and Suzan folks, nothing to see here. 

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for this post! It's nice to read about the things valencia has to offer, since I love the looks of the area but don't go there since I didn't really see a point and always get lost in the desert >.< Some buffs to get more silver/hour there would be nice though ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

People say its bad expansion bcs it doesnt reflect increased difficulty in rewards,,,

Most of the things you mentioned as good points, actually are... Elephant and M2 is upgrade in trading, CP quests for your worker empire,map expansion for explorers, erc... But most people are here to fight and for fighting they need gear... Mostly obtained through grinding... So for the biggest (and the simplest) part of the playerbase its just dead space...

Some of us find many things we enjoy there, but for the rest it aint worth... Mainly bcs it doesnt reward your effort in the department that is most important for big part of playerbase...

Just increase loot a bit and give harsh epnalties for farming underleveled mobs and voila, desert is full...

3 people like this

Posted

Valencia has a few perks, like nouver and kutum, villas, trading, and I don't think anyone will disagree that those are good. However, that isn't the point. It's the grind spots that everyone has problems with.

Pirates is intended as a level 55-56 region, sausans is 54-56 and valencia is meant to offer content for 56 all the way to 60, from bashims to hystria. The main issue is that they shouldn't even be comparable. Valencia grind spots are more difficult yet on average yield substantially less of everything. It is a higher level region, so by default, you would expect better EXP/money rates.

Right now, If I want money, where do I go? Pirates. If I want EXP? Pirates. If I want to waste my time and consume more resources all in the interest of the pitiful drop rate on a crescent ring? Valencia. Hell, I can even get better money at sausans, and just use that income to buy a ring that someone won in a monthly box. Even despite the crowds and constant pvp distractions, these lower level grind spots give more of everything for the time invested.

So what's the result of all this?

Everyone from 55-61 is fighting over nothing but pirates. Higher level players shouldn't WANT to grind pirates, they should be more attracted to the higher level content, but they just aren't. The mob density is too low, the drops aren't worth much, and the only place that can seem to match pirates for EXP is soloing the main rotation at fogans. It's not without its benefits, but for the average player, grinding in Valencia just isn't viable, so they just immediately say it is crap. Valencia as a whole, I truly enjoy, but when it comes to the grinding.... I can't help but agree with the rest. It's crap as of now.

18 people like this

Posted (edited)

Kindda Offtopic:

People defending Kakao/PA, complain of how much people compare NA BDO with other region's cause if we would have been first or if there were no other BDO's to compare ours to; most of the complaints people have wouldnt exist, as there would be nothing to compare.

But the FACT of the matter is that we DO HAVE TO COMPARE, why? Cause we're getting a copy of a game that is highly P2W on some regions (KR) and a little more reserved in others (NA), but you see. . . I dont see very much differences in (for example) Korean's/NA's shitty drop rate in all Valencia mobs, you know why? because Valencia was DESIGNED with the "Item Collection Increase Scroll" in mind, so even tho we have the same areas and mobs than in other regions, we're missing a KEY FACTOR in which a WHOLE -----ING AREA WAS DESIGNED AROUND. And this is just an example, another one would be the theory people had back in the day were we thought that enhancing was designed around Valk's Cry and that because PA was too afraid of releasing it in NA, we were on a PERMANENT disadvantage because of it, because the original game (Korea's) was designed AROUND P2W items that we dont have, so we're getting a broken/incomplete version of the original intent, and in a game ALSO designed around endless grinding; a whole area of shitty mobs that do not contest old content because of the aforementioned; is, a, failure.

Edited by Hemuk

Posted

I can't help but disagree with people who think Valencia should be buffed. My personal opinion is that spots like pirates or Sausans should be brought down to provide a more linear path into the Valencia spots.

Pirates is a unique place far away from anywhere else and it should have it's merits for those willing to go out there, it should be good EXP, good money, or for the Coral accessories. It shouldn't be good enough in the first two reasons along with the third so that it convinces people that no other spot in the game is worth going to. That is poor design in my opinion.

I believe that the Valencia region has relatively "balanced" scales when it comes to your options of where to grind. Bandits is a great hybrid for EXP/silver, and is comparable in difficulty/location to Bashims and Cadrys. Bashims will net you more EXP, but not as much money. Cadry has the potential for Cadry Guardian Rings, along with elites, but will net you less EXP. You can add more grind spots to these scales if you feel like it, Aakman for EXP vs. gatekeepers for money, or Basilisk's potential high silver/hour vs. the guaranteed EXP of Pila Ku. The 3 I named first are just examples. 

No grind spot should just be the best in regards to everything, where you grind should be a decision based on your goals in-game. That's my opinion at least. 

P.S. Pirates isn't the best EXP in-game, Aakman is. One is solo whereas the other requires a group though. Pirates isn't the best money in-game unless you have Master 2 trading, which most people don't have I assume. Even with Master 2 farming gatekeepers is up to par if not better than pirates. 

Those are relatively pointless facts though because you can get very close to Aakman's EXP and very close to the silver per hour of gatekeeper farming if you're farming pirates at Master 2 trading, and that's the issue in my opinion. 

3 people like this

Posted

Great post. I love Valencia, it's easily my favourite region in the game. Leave everyone else fighting over easy-mode Pirates. Sulfur Mine is my current fav grind spot, I can farm there uninterrupted most nights, and the XP is good enough for me.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I write this as a recently cured pirate island addict. This is from 10 months ago when the Coral accessories alone could easily net me 40-50mil a day if I farmed enough. 

Video below, warning!

This was back in the good ol' days when pirates was a magical uncontested wonderland of great EXP and money 2-3 times better than it is now.

Edited by Ayl

Posted (edited)

Someone delete this thread...

RIGHT.

NOW.

Stay OUT of Valencia. *shakes fist*

Edited by Proto
6 people like this

Posted

Someone delete this thread...

RIGHT.

NOW.

Stay OUT of Valencia. *shakes fist*

Isn't that my job? Waaait.

Posted (edited)

could say the same thing *Delete delete :P*
small joke* as a returning player which grinded pirates/Susans after release i was surprised how valencia was and not like people told.

If you see the hole thing valencia will stay better as the two grind spots, but i can imagine why players avoid it.

PK is higher even with less players, iInhibition is lower because of penalty. As a full blooed life skill/RPer player i have to be very careful while grinding, first contact with other players end up with fast flagging and engaging. In pirates/susans i dont had such much trouble. (maybe only personal experience)

Majority is not gear lvl ready.

and field bosses from the older content. 

Overall its ok dont know why ppl complain about it. Same for the next Patch. 

EDIT: You should add the coast of water and tea for calculations. But as rewards you can gain the geat relict scrolls which have a high value. 

Edited by Blacksheep

Posted

Excellent post!  I hope you put this in the guides forum.  Valencia is my favorite area in the game right now and part of that is because it's not so crowded. I know that some people don't like it but that's all subjective.

Posted

Nice troll...

6.3/10 

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice post 

however, im not sure i agree with everything you state here 

and im not sure everybody thinks the entire valencia expansion sucks, but rather the grinding aspect of things 

Posted

Valencia / I was bored.

I write this partially because I enjoy sharing information with other players, no matter how "common knowledge" it may seem to some or most of us, and partially because I believe Valencia has it's own merits. Even when some would discredit it as utterly pointless when compared next to Pirates or Mediah spots.

I do welcome other's opinions though, so feel free to call me a stupid cow head if you want to. 

I will give you a TL;DR though because I know this will be far, far too much wordage for most people. Valencia isn't a shitty and worthless region/content patch because it's grind spots are lacking when held up next to Pirates. It has a plethora of useful perks and everyday things that I am positive all of the "Valencia is pointless and crap" players still use, as well as potential grinding locations, extremely convenient rare items, and the cute little baby elephants.

This isn't one of the shiny forum dramas like "Oh the staff are out to get us!", but it does irk me when people trash Valencia because they dislike one facet of it's content, the grinding. I was also bored and decided I wanted to write something with some actual effort put into it. 

TL;DR #2, I suppose the point of this is to show that even if Valencia's grinding isn't the best all around grinding in the game, it still has it's merits and isn't a waste of space on your HDD/SSD like a lot of people seem to think it is. Just because the grinding isn't what you'd like it to be, doesn't mean that the expansion is just shit and needs to be reworked from the ground up. I'd say it has some of the most "balanced" grinding choices in the game. EXP vs. silver. vs. items. Like I said earlier. You shouldn't be able to get all 3 at one location. #reworkpirates

http://www.its-not-its.info/

Posted

Lovely little opinion piece, and some good info for newer players or people who haven't delved very deeply into Valencia.

Honestly thus far, Valencia has been in the top three of my favorite regions (the other two being the deep southern Calpheon and Glish). Valencia is such a fantastic, immersive, and useful place to be. I'm seriously considering moving my lifeskill capital from Heidel to Valencia because of everything it offers. My only hesitation is that I like to roll the Night Vendor, so moving my fortune away from Velia would make that harder. Unless there's a Night Vendor in Valencia I'm unaware of?

I feel like the only drawback it has is that it is quite a trek to get to, and all the world bosses are pretty far away to the west of it (aside from Nouver, which is just a stone's throw off). It's also probably annoying for people to travel across the desert if they partake in things like node wars or roleplay, where you don't get much say in where you need to be. I can say, as someone who travels across the desert quite often, it gets easier to navigate and quicker the more you do it.

I guess my biggest piece of advice is to say check out Valencia for yourself. Don't just ignore it because the internet hivemind says it's not as lucrative as pirates or Sausans, and that you're better off lumping your fortune in Heidel or Velia. Choose what's good for you!

Posted

Whats Valencia? Is that a good place to get good silver and exp like Sausans and Pirates?

Posted

Pls dont go to Valencia, its not good at all, pls dont go there

2 people like this

Posted

Yes pls, get out of my beloved bashims, i like it when its empty

Oops.... well back to pirates sincei  have M2 trading :3

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes pls, get out of my beloved bashims, i like it when its empty

Oops.... well back to pirates sincei  have M2 trading :3

why would people farm bashims that give trash exp and super trash loot? need to progress both gear and exp in this game and bashims dosent do that like most of valencia appart from maybe gahazars bandits.

Posted

why would people farm bashims that give trash exp and super trash loot? need to progress both gear and exp in this game and bashims dosent do that like most of valencia appart from maybe gahazars bandits.

well, bashims gave me 15% in 30 mins at lvl 56(7%/30mins at 57) with 200% buff, id say its pretty good since i modtly do lifeskills and grind once a day

Posted (edited)

Bashims plateau rotation gets close to pirate jungle rotation when farmed efficiently, in regards to EXP at least. It is class dependent though which most people seem to have trouble comprehending. A wizard at pirates will do significantly better than a wizard at Bashims due to their large AoEs and limited mobility. A ranger at pirates will do similarly to a ranger at Bashims due to the ranger's more consistent mobility and lack of a pet to aggro +8 more mobs for them. 

It's also significantly less contested. If you're disinterested in silver, and dislike PvP, then Bashims is a valid option. 

Pls dont go to Valencia, its not good at all, pls dont go there

Why?

Thank you for correcting my grammar. I tend to be a tad bit literate but I started writing this at 10 PM after two back to back 8 hour shifts. 

and im not sure everybody thinks the entire valencia expansion sucks, but rather the grinding aspect of things 

A fair amount of people I encounter discredit the entire region/expansion due to the fact that the grinding aspect is lacking in comparison to spots like Pirates or Sausans. The point of this post is to show that Valencia still offers up a large amount of content, and that talking smack about an expansion that I'm sure a lot of players still utilize at least some facet of is silly. 

I am a believer that other grind spots need to be brought down a few pegs, and Valencia needs a handful of tweaks/buffs to make "progression" a bit more linear. Reward effort with fitting loot and EXP. If that makes sense when explained in two sentences. 

Edited by Ayl