• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PvP changes on KR test client - (DP+Others)

104 posts in this topic

Posted

No, they kill ur structures and forts. They also prevent u from repairing ur fort that's annoying as F.

That is why we have to take those cancerous 400DP ninjas down in one combo before more harm is done. Even at today's siege u need to leave a full accuracy gear squad for defense to gank down those Kamikaze Ninjas. It takes like 2-3 heavily geared accuracy players(200+AP with red coral + tree belt + accuracy offhand) to actually gank down a 400DP ninja in one combo.

or have a valk or zerker do it? evasion does nothing once grabbed or taken to town by a valk's 100 accuracy stuns. Though V and stealth sure do make ninja's annoying.

Posted

or have a valk or zerker do it? evasion does nothing once grabbed or taken to town by a valk's 100 accuracy stuns. Though V and stealth sure do make ninja's annoying.

Zerker is popular choice for defense squad.

By the way Sorc is just as annoying as Ninja, her 100% is insanely OP in those inside-fort fights cuz u don't have enough space to even dodge them. Desync+iframe also make her extremely tough to catch as well.

Sometimes it's not really a good idea to make players more tanky, those 400DP Ninja and Sorc would be just IMMORTAL.

Posted

Zerker is popular choice for defense squad.

By the way Sorc is just as annoying as Ninja, her 100% is insanely OP in those inside-fort fights cuz u don't have enough space to even dodge them. Desync+iframe also make her extremely tough to catch as well.

Sometimes it's not really a good idea to make players more tanky, those 400DP Ninja and Sorc would be just IMMORTAL.

doubtful. Sorcs and ninja's have pitiful block meters, and defense in general. They will properly get -----d if they think they can do what a tanky class does like a valk or war.

Probably have more to fear from a valk, which might be given so much block meter, you would need a team to down one, like the old days.

Posted (edited)

Before we get any changes in the west they need to fix the desync!

That's the biggest killer, ranking way above class balance. 

Edited by SC0TY999

Posted

doubtful. Sorcs and ninja's have pitiful block meters, and defense in general. They will properly get -----d if they think they can do what a tanky class does like a valk or war.

Probably have more to fear from a valk, which might be given so much block meter, you would need a team to down one, like the old days.

Nah dude Ninja and Sorc are not squishy at all. Ranger and DK are the squishiest ones. Ninja and Sorc have INSANE evasion, they are technically tankier than Zerk and Valk.

Posted

Nah dude Ninja and Sorc are not squishy at all. Ranger and DK are the squishiest ones. Ninja and Sorc have INSANE evasion, they are technically tankier than Zerk and Valk.

Evasion goes down the drain on KD or CC state in general. That's why evasion is only good small scale. Once you're caught, it's paper, and thus the current problem.

Posted (edited)

I do hope they are going to set the "kd guard" as  a "skill" with a reload.

If they do, its going to be the first step toward a ""active"" sort of CC counter, which is good ( even if, imho, they should have set that as something to activated (+ reload ) SO evade the KD directly )

They still have a long way to go before offering a interesting pvp, but that's a first little something

Edited by woots

Posted

Evasion goes down the drain on KD or CC state in general. That's why evasion is only good small scale. Once you're caught, it's paper, and thus the current problem.

Not really.

I tried a combo against 400DP Ninja with my full accuracy ranger(about 210-220AP with 2 TRI red coral earrings, TET tree belt, TET accuracy offhand, and shit ton of elixir buffs), even after I initiated my combo with grab I still only managed to take out like 30-40% of his life in one full combo. By the way my ranger dies to literally one single skill from anyone during siege at 280DP.

Posted

Knockdown guard and CC immunity will kill valks even more. The only reliable CC they have is knockdown. Yes, they have some other CC, but valks heavily rely on knockdown.

Posted (edited)

Not really.

I tried a combo against 400DP Ninja with my full accuracy ranger(about 210-220AP with 2 TRI red coral earrings, TET tree belt, TET accuracy offhand, and shit ton of elixir buffs), even after I initiated my combo with grab I still only managed to take out like 30-40% of his life in one full combo. By the way my ranger dies to literally one single skill from anyone during siege at 280DP.

I counted the hits, air attack and down attacks don't...miss...like ever with any amount of evasion stacked. Now DR, there's a fair bit of survival there.

There is some discussion that special attack evasion gems is completely a seperate formula though, and when I tested that, it seems to miss.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

But if Wiz can still burst 7 ppl with 300+DP in a single 100% then this change is meaningless. Wiz 100% damage needs to be cut in half(and I bet it would still oneshot my poor ranger at 280DP), and Wiz healing should be disabled if 1. the Wiz has negative Karma or 2. during Node/Siege war or 3. at war with another guild.

biggest monkey post from you so far. If u hate wizard so much you are more than welcome to play another game lol

Posted

I like this step!

its like in BnS everybody has a reversal but has a cool down so if you burn your reversal in wrong timing you are in big trouble.

at least every class has a chance.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this step!

its like in BnS everybody has a reversal but has a cool down so if you burn your reversal in wrong timing you are in big trouble.

at least every class has a chance.

its still far far far far far far away to be as nice as BnS since its only a damage reduction, but not an evade tho.

And its only on KD.

Still not decent iframe balance amount the various class, still no grab active evade.. etc

Posted (edited)

not at all. theres a gear requirement, a little varying between classes, but genereally around the 200-210 ap mark. after that its pretty much a L2P issue.

I main kunoichi,with 200/210 AP you "one-combo" the weasel at olvia.

Edited by Angryman
1 person likes this

Posted

maybe its time to learn how to use stun and back attacks before you smash your kds and hope your class carries you with its overbuffed and unfair damage 

1 person likes this

Posted

Rip out Wizard and Zerker, Valk and Ninja (they get one don't they?) heals out of the game and we're good to go.

Posted (edited)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!

More combat diversity in the form of experience-reliant-follow-up-combos instead of desync-impaired-lucky cc & combos! :D

Less: "I struck first, now you die!"

More: "You won this round, but we are not done yet!"

Edited by SeiHikari

Posted

'One combo' . see? there's the L2P issue, the feeling that you need to 'One Combo' everyone to make it worth, that you just cant PvP without 'One comboing' people. and before i even adress that sort of mentality, I main kunoichi with 208 ap and 235 dp. I can 'one combo' Full TRI boss gear Musas/Maehwas/Valks/Ninjas/Kunos/Warriors/Valks/sorcs using awakening alone. I imagine its going to be even easier with level 60.

Then there comes along the dude who uses TRI boss gear with a Kutum, 283 DP. I do a longer combo involving preawakening, to reduce them to a sliver of their health.

then come people with TET gear, CLEARLY outgearing me with values like 220-230 ap 300 dp.Even then i do enough damage to kill them with enough combo's.

But ofcourse at anypoint if im OUTSKILLED or ganged up on, ill die. ----- if im outskilled by someone with LESS ap than me ill die too and know that i need to L2P instead of crying that i dont have enough AP.

I Dont get what is this nonsense need to be ONECOMBOING everything, what happened to actually getting good?

Now if you said that warriors/witchards/zerkers are a problem for kuno's I will whole heartedly agree, but that is a class mechanic/bugs problem and NOT a gear problem. and ey, because of that CLASS MECHANIC problem, warriors/Witchards/Zerkers are a problem for EVERYONE but themselves.

Posted (edited)

I Dont get what is this nonsense need to be ONECOMBOING everything, what happened to actually getting good?

Nonsense yourself boy, i say "great no more cc/one combo/death" and now you say that,are you bipolar?xD

Give me proof that you ONE combo decent valk/warrior at 208 AP -_- in real combat i mean,not with all planet straight and buff like 30AP and E.

So you,guys are never happy,they try to fix this game and you continue to "moan moan moan"

You tell me about skill lol Who need skill when the first guy landing CC is winner?

Where is the skill when a giant grab you to death?

Where is the skill when a sorc KD you are ass at distance then spin your ass to death?

Where is the skill when a ranger jump on your head and magnet grab/kill you in second?

Where is the skill when a wiztard jump in your team and 100%/death everyone?

It is not PVP it s all about reflex like a -----ing fps and luck,you love RNG that much in a combat?

The longer the combat will be,better the skill will be involved.It s just a matter of balanced.Not too long not too short.

Edited by Angryman

Posted

Nope, you said this.

well i mean for equally geared player,anyway a worst geared will pretty always died.

they are trying to balance the game,don t shot the ambulance 😅

to which i replied that after a certain AP for most classes, Gear is a much lesser issue, to which you replied

to which it sounds like winning at PVP = one comboing everyone. id doesnt sound like in either of the posts that i quoted, which are the ones i refered to, is that you perpetuate that the lesser geared player always loses, because he cant one combo anyone. If you've said anything different before, quote it cuz i cant be bothered going through the entire topic.

Nonsense yourself boy, i say "great no more cc/one combo/death" and now you say that,are you bipolar?xD

Give me proof that you ONE combo decent valk/warrior at 208 AP -_- in real combat i mean,not with all planet straight and buff like 30AP and E.

So you,guys are never happy,they try to fix this game and you continue to "moan moan moan"

once again, you havent said that. you've said, Lower geared people will pretty much always lose/die, and you've said that at 200/210 ap Kuno's only one combo weasles., both of which are supremely false.

Regarding the change, I feel, if it does indeed go through, it will actually make what you've said a reality. Right now, a 200-210 ap char can aspire to kill someone fairly higher geared than them if they out skill them, IF the change comes through, this 'work aroundable gear difference' will become WAY less lenient.

You will have the higher geared... Warrior? yeah lets use warrior, who can ofcourse once combo the other guy whether standing or downed, and the lower geared character, who COULDVE killed him, with one two or 3 comboes utilising Bounds, KDs, generally long CC chains and down attacks. Now he cant, because the warrior can block while he's on his back.

Lower geared players are ecstastic that they wont get oneshotted on their back, they dont realise that they might just lose THEIR only chance to do damage too.

What boggles me more is that there isnt any NEED for such an over complicated blanket change which doesnt even adress the underlying class imbalance prevelent in the game. its not going to change that Witchards have extremely high unneeded accuracy, best heals and best buffs, decent mobility and highest damage scaling. It doesnt change that Warriors can Press Q and gain complete invulnerability to ALL but ONE CC, for which they can just build resistance. It wont change that zerkers are kings of 1v1's MIGHT change that they cant Grab more than twice, maybe. We needed nerfs/buffs to INDIVIDUAL classes to balance them out, NOT blanket changes that dont really affect the class meta.

Posted (edited)

If i see this viedo i have the feeling dyscing never exist. (also the smooth fps
 damn this lock so great)

I dont say now it s a good change as long you dont see the results or tested itself. Better as nothing and keep the game on not like another mmropgs do it. Here we see some basic changes with huge impact factors, so we can except much.

Overall you get a 2nd chance after getting pushed of cc. 

I think you should always get a 2nd try before he can smash you down. Its make more intesive and durable fights.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Blacksheep
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lower geared players are ecstastic that they wont get oneshotted on their back, they dont realise that they might just lose THEIR only chance to do damage too.

i m not lower geared player...keep your mindset,i keep mine,i m happy to see PA working on balance,lower geared player want to be on par with higher geared,go play gw2,nothing else to say.

People only see the Half empty glass  as always or i m too optimist ¬¬

Edited by Angryman

Posted

A real good step from pearl abyss,this is the end of the "CC/dead" thing.:x

It is a real retarded step by pearl abyss. Problem are not CC but far too high DMG, marginalization and equalisation DP (even in so extreme case like valkyrie and wizard).

Posted

But if Wiz can still burst 7 ppl with 300+DP in a single 100% then this change is meaningless. Wiz 100% damage needs to be cut in half(and I bet it would still oneshot my poor ranger at 280DP), and Wiz healing should be disabled if 1. the Wiz has negative Karma or 2. during Node/Siege war or 3. at war with another guild.

Did you see the part where the Wizard 100% rage skill did half the damage (30% of the dude's life) on the test server, compared to the live server where it nearly 1-shot him? 

It's more likely that if all this goes through you're only going to see people die to concentrated stacked AOEs. 

Evasion still works while downed - downed state does not cancel it. Don't hesitate to test it with friends. 

Posted (edited)

It is a real retarded step by pearl abyss. Problem are not CC but far too high DMG, marginalization and equalisation DP (even in so extreme case like valkyrie and wizard).

i you are a bit interested they will nerf damage and buff the DP too...and they increase defense while cc'ed so they reduced damage while cc'ed,have you watch the video,really?

Edited by Angryman