• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tamer original concept and stuff

8 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.thisisgame.com/webzine/news/nboard/5/?n=57623

The link is an old article made before Tamer was released in KR. It is an interview of the creator of Tamer and they speak a lot about how they started designing the Tamer and stuff. For people who don't speak Korean, Tamer was named Tamer because originally they tried to make a class that actually tames character, but BDO is more of an action based game so they didn't make a Pokemon-ish character. Also the effects of Tamer's skill was created to look like ink being sprayed around and the motion capture actor learned Wushu to create a more Asian like animation. The inspiration of Tamer was Nakoruru from Samurai Shodown, but the hawk was removed because Tamer having ranged attack and close range attack would be overpowered in both PvE and PvP (Awakened Ranger, Musa, Maehwa, Awakened Wiz/Witch with pets, and Awakened Dark Knight???) so they had to remove the hawk concept. The tamer has low HP so she will be played like a bouncing rubber ball. (I guess they scrapped this as well with the awakening) And there are other not so interesting

So tamer was originally supposed to be Nakoruru, but they made her into Rera for balancing.

http://www.gamemeca.com/news/view.php?gid=809811

Another interview with the creator of Tamer. Here there are some interesting things. The original name of Tamer was Tamer, but since there is no taming the name became 금수랑. So PA threw away the name tamer and after years we get the recycled name for NA/EU. Great. Also the designer mentions AI scaling as level and skill increases. I guess they scrapped the AI scaling too.

So... what happened with the whole "having both ranged and close quarter is op" thing? What happened to the AI scaling? I heard rumors of the designer of Tamer resigning, but that doesn't mean they should neglect this character.

Also one last thing. If PA ever makes a male Tamer can he have the hawk please? The male tamer having a hawk and being more focused on ranged combat will make him unique and more interesting to play.

2 people like this

Posted

So class inspiration didnt met with class implementation so we ended with this mess that is Tamer class.

I dont know those anime characters you mention because I am not familiar with that culture but one thing is certain little girl with stick for sure performs in mass PVP like little girl with stick between real soldiers.

1 person likes this

Posted

So class inspiration didnt met with class implementation so we ended with this mess that is Tamer class.

I dont know those anime characters you mention because I am not familiar with that culture but one thing is certain little girl with stick for sure performs in mass PVP like little girl with stick between real soldiers.

Samurai shodown is a fighting game like KoF developed by SNK. It's a very old game (First Samurai shodown was released in 1993) so not many people will know it unless they are super into fighting games. If tamer actually had the hawk then she could have been better in mass PvP. Heck, if tamer even had one ranged skill in her awakening she would be performing much better in mass PvP than now due to awakening weapons having better scaling and having the range advantage.

Posted (edited)

Definitely feels like a lot of the initial class concept has been lost and all that's left is a somewhat subpar short range melee class with questionable use in GvG alongside with a useless pet.

That whole idea of mounting Heilang also appears to be an afterthought more than anything. It strikes me as the class was initially supposed to be played like that (mounted) or at least it was intended to be viable method of combat.

Edited by Reuter
1 person likes this

Posted

I'd like to fight with a hawk. Witch and wizard can choose between ranged and melee pets. I wonder why the real tamer doesn't get that choice? 

Posted

I'd like to fight with a hawk. Witch and wizard can choose between ranged and melee pets. I wonder why the real tamer doesn't get that choice? 

Because the devs don't play Tamer. They play zerk, witch, and wiz.

Posted

So class inspiration didn't met with class implementation so we ended with this mess that is Tamer class.

Rarely ever does. Communication between designers and developers is probably the most complex aspect of any devteam.

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting, always talked to my Tamer buddies about what it would be like to have any other pet aside from heillang, and mostly some type of bird was the better idea. I guess we weren't too far off, sucks.