• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO makes a truly wretched first impression

84 posts in this topic

Posted

our inability to graps a pretty decent (outside of few horrible ------ups like wagon-horse interactions) UI is no reason for you to slam the game so hard - when the game isn't even about the UI.

If you were a EVE 0.0 Corp CEO I'm Pope.

"pretty decent" is not the word I would use.  The UI could use some major improvements to usability and cohesion (they've already improved some stuff like the worker and pet UI, and I hope they continue working on it)

The way I explain this game to my friends is that 80% of it was designed by people who had a vision of what they wanted to accomplish and how.

...and then they outsourced the other 20% to the llamas who finished the credits of Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

1 person likes this

Posted

Game is really grindy and doesnt make things easy. Except for the leveling process. Which is pretty awesome. The grindiness, not so much. Reminds me of FF 11 when it first came out. But the visuals are just amazing. And its like, how much would you tolerate just so you can sleep with this gorgeous looking woman. lol

Posted

You played a Korean MMORPG and expect things to be easy?

Asians doesnt like easy stuff, they are known for hardcore playing.

1 person likes this

Posted

The user interface is most definitely the most cumbersome and clunky thing in this game.

Have you tried breeding horses? That is the most backwards thing imaginable.

First you register your male for breeding on the breeding market, but you have to make sure to hit the check box so it's only for you, otherwise someone else will breed their horse with yours. Then you have to register your female for breeding, BUT it uses a completely different button in a different section of the screen. Both horses also have to have max stamina or you'll get a generic error message.

It took them 2 years to figure out how to snap UI hotbars together.

Don't feel bad leaving. This game can be incredibly frustrating for all the wrong reasons. RNG gear progression. Desync in PvP. Unbalanced classes. Unfortunately unlike tab targeting clones, there aren't any other decent MMOs with the same level of graphical fidelity and combat, so we stay here and deal with it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Asians doesnt like easy stuff

what about instant ramen 

2 people like this

Posted

what about instant ramen 

i dont eat instant ramen, 

i only eat real ramen.

Posted

i only eat real ramen.

bgX8Qnt.jpg?1

Posted (edited)

bgX8Qnt.jpg?1

Yas!! xD  The dream !

Edited by Juliet Lin

Posted

op complains that the tutorial quests are too basic and at the same time he cant understand how to do things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In first place in EVE everything is based on common sense. In BDO nonsense. I remember how I wasted few hours to figure how to make stupid steel ingots - only way to get reciple for base thing like this, need to make quest inside quest chain lol, like can not get base thing like this from every -----ing blacksmith.

Posted

This is feedback, so to anyone interested, take it as such. =)

The reason BDO feels complex to new players is because...

A: It's actually several games bundled into 1

B: Some systems are overly complex for the specific purpose of giving you tasks to do, but in general they do make sense.

Why play?  There are only a few games of BDO's quality on the market.  MOST games simply don't have a large enough design team, or graphic engine to compete.  BDO isn't just beautiful (aside from the desync) it plays very smoothly.

If you do play eventually everything will come together and ONLY THEN can you truly appreciate what a great game it is.  Until then you don't need to do everything and there is reward for active play.  The benefit is you can choose how to play.

Iv'e been in the game for months and just now taking on a few new tasks, some I will probably never do like Horse Breeding.

2 people like this

Posted

The reason BDO feels complex to new players is because...

A: It's actually several games bundled into 1

B: Some systems are overly complex for the specific purpose of giving you tasks to do, but in general they do make sense.

Why play?  There are only a few games of BDO's quality on the market.  MOST games simply don't have a large enough design team, or graphic engine to compete.  BDO isn't just beautiful (aside from the desync) it plays very smoothly.

If you do play eventually everything will come together and ONLY THEN can you truly appreciate what a great game it is.  Until then you don't need to do everything and there is reward for active play.  The benefit is you can choose how to play.

Iv'e been in the game for months and just now taking on a few new tasks, some I will probably never do like Horse Breeding.

^ This

Posted

You played a Korean MMORPG and expect things to be easy?

BDO is really easy compared to other Korean MMO's I've played though.

Pretty sure they do that on purpose to mess with us. Some of the things wouldn't have made it through QA otherwise.

1 person likes this

Posted

And yet he still complains.

It's just overwhelming at first.

Posted

I remember how I wasted few hours to figure how to make stupid steel ingots - only way to get reciple for base thing like this, need to make quest inside quest chain lol, like can not get base thing like this from every -----ing blacksmith.

It tells you what to do every step of the way in the game.

PVTfvWW.png

2 people like this

Posted

Lol I'm 60 F'n years old and had no problems figuring this game out, Maybe be it's just something in the Gene's I dunno When I read forum post like this I can see why I enjoy this game even more.

I'm not trying to be insulting or inflammatory to anyone,but seriously how can you not know about all of the in game help that's there?

1 person likes this

Posted

Don´t get how you are not able to find out how things are done if you have played Eve.

But yeah, you did yoursefl an favour, especially before all that P2W comes in.

Posted

Well, I should have realized people on a game's forums wouldn't welcome anything but positive, glowing feedback. Actually, I did and posted my thoughts anyway so...I suppose most of the infantile responses I got are my own fault. To be clear, for those whose reading comprehension isn't quite up to snuff (and that seems to be most, but not all of you) I didn't say the game was too hard.

I said that FOR MY TASTE, the game's mechanics were too convoluted and weird for the payoff you get (8-10 clicks to buy a horse and wagon and take it for a ride, for example), or too simplistic to be interesting (one-shotting groups of 10 mobs, AFK activities making up 25-50% of the actual game play) and that the challenge came from having to spend a huge amount of time OUTSIDE the game, rather than actually playing the game. Add to that a UI which is about as streamlined as one of Dostoyevsky's books, and you have a recipe for- get ready, here comes the Big Reveal - a horrible first impression...which is what my post was titled. Not "BDO is too hard, WAAH!" or "This game sucks, WAAH!", but "This game is wretchedly AWFUL for new players to figure out!".

I have no qualms with people who do enjoy it; I just prefer my games to be more polished and less held together with duct tape and contact cement. Now if you'll excuse me, Ima go play some DOOM or Starcraft 2. Not MMOs, but at least they're clear and to the point.

1 person likes this

Posted

B) Other than the Rube Goldberg game mechanics, there is zero challenge to anything. Killing mobs is safe and easy. Travel is safe and easy. Figuring out HOW to do things is the hardest part. Actually *doing it* is just a simple time sink, with little to no active participation required. Which leads into...

C) The game doesn't want you to play very much. An overwhelming amount of its activities are done while you sleep, i.e. AFK fishing, AFK running, AFK crafting, AFK gathering, etc etc.

Point B) I do agree with.  PvE could be a lot more challenging but because it's a grind fest for gear PvE has a completely different meaning in this game.  PvE is basically a means to gear up... but yeah in comparison to other games where when you went through a dungeon or raid and got a rare drop it felt so much more meaningful... in BDO it's much more common place.  All PvE is mainly go acquire silver to get gear gains.  Bosses are all Zerg festivals which require very little skill to do once you figure them out.  It would be nice to have some real challenging PvE.  And you are correct. Travel is way to safe and easy.  One of the things that made Archeage an amazing and dynamic world was the open world PvP mechanics that were closely tied into the trade economy.  You more or less NEEDED to do some form of trade whether it was for gold or Gilda and you could be completely robbed of ALL your trade goods.  You NEEDED friends or a guild in that game to progress and survive.   BDO you can play completely solo for the most part... so there are a lot of missed opportunities there. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Point B) I do agree with.  PvE could be a lot more challenging but because it's a grind fest for gear PvE has a completely different meaning in this game.  PvE is basically a means to gear up... but yeah in comparison to other games where when you went through a dungeon or raid and got a rare drop it felt so much more meaningful.

You responded just as I submitted my last post, so you get a response in turn. :)

It's not so much raids or dungeons, it's everything about the PVE aspect. I knew beforehand that it was basically a farming game. I knew it wasn't Everquest (where you had to both invis and levitate in order to travel through some areas because one wandering mob could kill your whole group). I simply did not expect learning about the game to be a bigger time sink than actually playing it. EVE walks you through the basics. DAoC walked you through the basics. Warhammer Online walked you through the basics, Guild Wars 2 walked you through the basics. I never needed an outside source to explain to me how to war dec a corp in EVE. I never needed it to figure out how to build siege weaponry in GW2, or how to get into the borderlands in DAoC; the games gave you the info as you played, and it was clear and concise. I just have a very, very, very low tolerance for poorly explained game mechanics...and if there's one thing BDO excels at (other than its stupendous graphics), it's half-assing its information.

Posted

Im basically riding Bdo until Camelot Unchained and some other games I'm interested in release. I don't agree with some of op's complaints, but I do agree BDO has ALOT of flaws.

Posted

You responded just as I submitted my last post, so you get a response in turn. :)

It's not so much raids or dungeons, it's everything about the PVE aspect. I knew beforehand that it was basically a farming game. I knew it wasn't Everquest (where you had to both invis and levitate in order to travel through some areas because one wandering mob could kill your whole group). I simply did not expect learning about the game to be a bigger time sink than actually playing it. EVE walks you through the basics. DAoC walked you through the basics. Warhammer Online walked you through the basics, Guild Wars 2 walked you through the basics. I never needed an outside source to explain to me how to war dec a corp in EVE. I never needed it to figure out how to build siege weaponry in GW2, or how to get into the borderlands in DAoC; the games gave you the info as you played, and it was clear and concise. I just have a very, very, very low tolerance for poorly explained game mechanics...and if there's one thing BDO excels at (other than its stupendous graphics), it's half-assing its information.

For me learning about the game was never an issue... in fact if anything it's what keeps the game fresh for me because I actually have to work to figure things out... I used to play old school games like the original King's Quest series which told you jack shit about what you had to do to progress and since there was no internet back then you couldn't look anything up.  In comparison to that game BDO is a cakewalk especially with youtube. 

So for me its not so much of an issue.  I like the challenge of the gearing and how you use all of the various game mechanics in synergy to maximize your silver earnings to progress said gear.  Then once you get to a certain gear threshold it becomes almost entirely about mastering your class and becomes very skill based.  That being said they do need to expand the game's end game content so there is more to do at the end of that long journey.  Challenging instanced dungeons,  Actual Challenging world bosses, ranked battle arenas with multiple maps,  Real physics based ship combat with Naval events.  Reworking the entire Trade/Karma/PvP system to allow for player ganking etc. 

Posted

All these good comments  +1 and these negative ones like "i want to play EvE" ...... -100!!!

BDO is good 

BDO is hard

BDO is life

BDO is expensive

BDO is beautiful

BDO needs time

Please community managers close this thread???

2 people like this

Posted

Please community managers close this thread???

I second that

Posted

I have play other korean mmo's and you are right this game is much easier ^.~

Posted (edited)

Edited by Krusty