• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

BDO makes a truly wretched first impression

84 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"Hu HU. -This- is different, so it's stupid and not really exist or shouldn't."

In fact, sometime, more you are intelligent more you are addicted to a specific logic, and you spit on what could worry your logic. 

Some of the best scientists act like you. 

I could be wrong but this is how I understand your critic. Or maybe I have my logic and I deny yours D

Anyway, you confirm me that BDO is unique. Not sure if this is a good point or not. 

I could act like I have described. I hate a new music tube and I insult the friend who told me about it. Some years later, I change my mind.

Edited by Fanny

Posted

One of the things that made Archeage an amazing and dynamic world was the open world PvP mechanics that were closely tied into the trade economy.  You more or less NEEDED to do some form of trade whether it was for gold or Gilda and you could be completely robbed of ALL your trade goods.  You NEEDED friends or a guild in that game to progress and survive.   BDO you can play completely solo for the most part... so there are a lot of missed opportunities there. 

Pretty much this. I wish BDO had like Archeage's trading system/rob system/jail system where you actually need friends/guildies to help with your trade runs across zones/ocean otherwise you might just get PK'd or pirated by other players. It would be perfect and just so much fun. and if you get caught as a PKer, you get sent to jail where other players can either choose to sentence you for x amount of minutes or release you lol...too bad archeage has shit GREEDY publishers that ruined what could have been an amazing game :/

But yes, on this game there really is no point in PK'ing someone unless you want to get lower karma etc which there is no benefit to. Kind of sucks. I still like BDO though ^_^

Posted (edited)

Yes, I'm mad. =)

This is feedback, so to anyone interested, take it as such. =)

I uninstalled BDO a moment ago. I bought it a few weeks after it launched, then never really played it until about a week ago...and after 30 or so hours "played" in that week, well, as my younger friend (I'm 50) often says  "Yeah...I think I'm over this." So sadly, I shan't be one of the new players the game seems to be courting, nor can I recommend it to anyone else.

PROS: The game is beautiful, I mean kick-me-in-the-'nads-and-take-my-breath-away beautiful. The combat is fluid.

CONS: Everything else.

Three problems:

A) It has THE MOST convoluted, nit-picky, inscrutable, clunky mechanics I've ever seen in a game...and I ran a 0.0 corp in EVE Online. I spent more time looking up *how* to play the game  than I spent playing it, and I came away from most of my research and game play thinking, "Seriously? Why does accomplishing anything need a half-dozen menu screens? Why do I have to look up 3 different videos just to learn how to purify water?? Or 2 videos and a few forum posts to learn how to hitch a horse to a wagon???" Every little mundane action, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g has to be googled, read up on, and studied.

B) Other than the Rube Goldberg game mechanics, there is zero challenge to anything. Killing mobs is safe and easy. Travel is safe and easy. Figuring out HOW to do things is the hardest part. Actually *doing it* is just a simple time sink, with little to no active participation required. Which leads into...

C) The game doesn't want you to play very much. An overwhelming amount of its activities are done while you sleep, i.e. AFK fishing, AFK running, AFK crafting, AFK gathering, etc etc.

I have a massive amount of experience playing MMOs, probably 30+, save World of Warcraft (yuck!)...from Everquest to DAoC to EVE (wanna talk convoluted?), Auto-Assault, City of Heroes/Villains, AION, DCUO, Age of Conan...and a whole pile of others. None of them has ever made me quit in a fit of disgust before, I usually just got bored or my friends all migrated to another game. I love the ideas in BDO, they seem brilliant...until you actually play it. Then it's painful.

New players; avoid. Avoid like the blackest of black plagues unless, of course, you find the UI and menu screens to be the most interesting aspect of your games, in which case...yeah, avoid it anyway.

Hi,

I am fairly new to the game, I have played it for 2 months now.

I am a completionist, and I have completed every quest I have ever ran into (except dailys, cba with that)

If you activate all your type of quests, including life skill quest's, most things like purified water are actually explained.

The horse catching and connecting, is briefly explained in one of the quests, but it also forces you to interact with other players too.

Not only that, there's a much friendlier way, because those are minor mechanics that you don't HAVE to know, for example, my friend started way after me, but he wasn't interested in the knowledge etc, he just wanted, levels, wealth, and gear. so he sped through everything, skipped most of the quests, got in a guild, and is having so much fun doing the node wars, and also pvping in popular farming spots like Sausans etc.

PVP is very easy to find in this game, especially if you are in a guild, there is a indirect political system between the guilds.

So far, I am still learning more, for example, i took my boat to Port Ratt, that alone was a challenge, and hella fun, I had to improvise have a good strategy, and plan.

Remember it's an RPG, of its own genre, like you said, there's nothing like it, you get put in a world, and you got to figure it out. It isn't user friendly, and it is difficult, this is what I enjoy, if you had everything explained, I would have probably quit, like I did with all other MMO's, I have knowledge and have done quests on this game, that people who play 16 hours a day can't do. Because some of the quest actually require your own brain, and not google.

During these quests, I hit google trying to figure it out, but google had no answers for me.

If you want to learn the game, and embrace the mechanics, you have to be patient and take it bit by bit, if you want to be op etc, you can summarise like my friend and just rush straight through.

Also the class you play matters a lot too. Some classes you don't just click with, and that may give you a bad impression of the game because you might not realise its the class you are playing, but I initially started as a ranger, but didn't really enjoy it, made a wizard, and I was super happy, just clicked with it.

But, I understand why you don't like it, it requires a lot of initiative, and just messing around. very time consuming.

Cheers.

Edited by Mistygun

Posted

Yes, I'm mad. =)

I uninstalled BDO a moment ago. I bought it a few weeks after it launched, then never really played it until about a week ago...and after 30 or so hours "played" in that week, well, as my younger friend (I'm 50) often says  "Yeah...I think I'm over this." So sadly, I shan't be one of the new players the game seems to be courting, nor can I recommend it to anyone else.

PROS: The game is beautiful, I mean kick-me-in-the-'nads-and-take-my-breath-away beautiful. The combat is fluid.

Three problems:

A) It has THE MOST convoluted, nit-picky, inscrutable, clunky mechanics I've ever seen in a game...and I ran a 0.0 corp in EVE Online. I spent more time looking up *how* to play the game  than I spent playing it, and I came away from most of my research and game play thinking, "Seriously? Why does accomplishing anything need a half-dozen menu screens? Why do I have to look up 3 different videos just to learn how to purify water?? Or 2 videos and a few forum posts to learn how to hitch a horse to a wagon???" Every little mundane action, e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g has to be googled, read up on, and studied.

B) Other than the Rube Goldberg game mechanics, there is zero challenge to anything. Killing mobs is safe and easy. Travel is safe and easy. Figuring out HOW to do things is the hardest part. Actually *doing it* is just a simple time sink, with little to no active participation required. Which leads into...

C) The game doesn't want you to play very much. An overwhelming amount of its activities are done while you sleep, i.e. AFK fishing, AFK running, AFK crafting, AFK gathering, etc etc.

I have a massive amount of experience playing MMOs, probably 30+, save World of Warcraft (yuck!)...from Everquest to DAoC to EVE (wanna talk convoluted?), Auto-Assault, City of Heroes/Villains, AION, DCUO, Age of Conan...and a whole pile of others. None of them has ever made me quit in a fit of disgust before, I usually just got bored or my friends all migrated to another game. I love the ideas in BDO, they seem brilliant...until you actually play it. Then it's painful.

New players; avoid. Avoid like the blackest of black plagues unless, of course, you find the UI and menu screens to be the most interesting aspect of your games, in which case...yeah, avoid it anyway.

When I first started, I found it very tedious and hard to stay with it ( I was very ignorant toward everything, didn't bother to learn the mechanics such as nodes and lifeskill investments just like yourself).
So I took a 2 month or so break, and decided to give it a go again, except this time I actually read threw  the quests, took my time, and watched some youtube node tutorials, Joined a Lifeskill guild for occasional company & people to talk to, and now i'm really enjoying the game at my own pace, non competitively..my main goal is to obtain mats, craft all the things, unlock all the knowledges of things, and become filfthy rich. 
You make the game how you want it to be. If you're going to not bother with taking the time to learn things and you play with an ignorant negative attitude, then that's the type of game you will get. Trust me I know, that's how I started. I was impatient & ignorant.

*Ps. If you ever try to play again, &  you wanted a "challenge" killing mobs in this game, Have 60-80 DP. That will force you to avoid everything, and the fighting style will be more intense.

Posted (edited)

Pretty much this. I wish BDO had like Archeage's trading system/rob system/jail system where you actually need friends/guildies to help with your trade runs across zones/ocean otherwise you might just get PK'd or pirated by other players. It would be perfect and just so much fun. and if you get caught as a PKer, you get sent to jail where other players can either choose to sentence you for x amount of minutes or release you lol...too bad archeage has shit GREEDY publishers that ruined what could have been an amazing game :/

But yes, on this game there really is no point in PK'ing someone unless you want to get lower karma etc which there is no benefit to. Kind of sucks. I still like BDO though ^_^

Yeah AND with the wagon upgrade system where you can add more security to your wagons and make them harder to break into.  Like you could add a whole lock picking system to the game where the gankers have to either destroy your wagon ( and chance destroying all the goods) OR  pick all of the locks on your wagon to get inside and grab all your trade items.  Just like AA they'd be slowed down severely if they try to carry off each pack which would force them to gank in groups to carry off all the items OR have their own wagon to load up.   The different wagons would have different benefits.  Like the trade wagon while having smaller inventory is much more secure and is basically like trying to break into a vault where as a merchant wagon would be much easier to break into.   NPC guards would be crazy over powered like they were in AA so you'd basically get insta killed if you got within range of them so you'd have to plan your escape route so you didn't get caught with your loot and only certain places would buy your stolen loot.  

maybe even have a Player bounty system where once a player steals your stuff you can put a bounty on them by going to the nearest gateway/city and it would auto-calculate the bounty based on the goods stolen. 

Also make public transports able to be ganked so if you try to ship your stuff from epheria to altinova a guild or group of gankers could come buy and gank the NPC transport and steal on the trade packs on it...  The NPCs would be very powerful and would take a solid coordinated effort of high geared players/ship(s) to take down. 

Edited by JoeBravo

Posted

It's too bad the OP didn't stick around long enough to experience the end game circle jerk that is grinding the same mobs for hours on end in a small circle ad nauseam. All those AFK worries would seem so trivial in comparison to the payout.

Posted

Yes, I'm mad. =)

Three problems:

Hi, I only play GW2 and silly mobile games besides BDO and it wasn't easy to adapt at first but with time, friends and guildies it's fun to learn umm unfortunately some people may receive a bad first impression without having someone by your side but yeah I suppose games can't fit everyone's style, right 6Ck0bFQ.png?1

Anyway best wishes to find your fav fun game deco_d_pastel_02.gif

Posted

You haven't seen anything from the game & you think you are qualified to tell what's wrong with this game, your ignorance is mind boggling... BDO is not perfect I can give you that, there is many stuff that could make someone to give up, but the reasons you are giving for quitting is beyond stupid & that makes you look like a complete fool, stop ridicule yourself & go back to whatever the hell you were playing before you come here, bye.

1 person likes this

Posted

This game feels like a second job when I thought about it. Glad its over for you. I just lurk the forums from time to time.