• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Is it all about micro trans? Also a question about horse tokens

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Do i actually have to spend real money in order to buy some cool horse gear and and cute pet and if yes why is it expensive as game itself? I waant to get standart version which is 10 euros or usd i dont remember which one. So only for a cute little cat is worth 10euros, isnt there any other way to get a majestic horse and a pet? 

Also im not sure about leveling my horse current skills cuz obviously its taking too damn long and booring. I saw an option in horse management when checked i my horse in. Left side of skill in a square window says TRAIN yet it requires training token or something like that. Where can i get that and is it also 10eur? 

Edited by Nipheria

Posted

With the mount skills training coupon which you buy off the pearl shop, you can have any horse skills you currently have trained to 100% at your stable master.

And yes it does cost money to get cool costume gear.  Costumes in this game are quite expensive, but it is what it is.

Posted

This game may have expensive costumes and such, but the trade-off is there is not a hellish loot box(cash shop wise, anyway) in sight. Those are MUCH worse than a straight up bought $20-$30 costume or gear.

Posted

P2W GAME

1 person likes this

Posted

With the mount skills training coupon which you buy off the pearl shop, you can have any horse skills you currently have trained to 100% at your stable master.

And yes it does cost money to get cool costume gear.  Costumes in this game are quite expensive, but it is what it is.

how ppl are getting the enjoyment of game without paying 100eur total? I mean yes i have steel combat set for my current horse but there are only 2 type of sets that worth to wear i saw so far, leather set and steel set and each looks worse than another. Plus i wonder the main reason to play if you dont mind me asking. Im in research of almost all functions of game since a week. So far i decided making node chain for resources like mining which is most important cuz weapons and armors are top sellers in marketplace. So lets say i have quantillions if silver so what am suppose to use that for? Since most costums and cool stuffs are can be had only by pearl?

Posted

you can try to snipe horse gear off mp.. i have gotten 3 sets of horse gear of the mp.. 
multiple pets and plenty of costumes.. just got to try to bid on everything you want

that said i want more costumes 

Posted

Do i actually have to spend real money in order to buy some cool horse gear and and cute pet and if yes why is it expensive as game itself?

Where can i get that and is it also 10eur? 

No, it's not as expensive as the game itself, it actually even more expensive!! Isn't it fun ?? and we are talking about 20/30$ min for some items!

- Horse gears to cover up your donkey ace ? 20$ more please!

- Sick of coughing dirt training your horse skill ? 10 more $ please .. per skill.

- Sick and tired of the almost identical hobo style gears you've been using ? 20$ more, oh you want an awakening skin weapon ? 30$ please!

- You knees hurt so bad and you don't want to loot a single more item ? 10$ please . *uhm* for each pet, and you probably want 4 so that would be : 40$ please!

- Oh your tired of the slow & dumb tier 1 pets ? well, you can breed them up to tier 4! you just gona .. keep that wallet open, for a while.

Each obstacle is designed to be solved around the cash shop!

Welcome to Bdo!

p4c.thumb.PNG.fcd9b8ff53286c751510c6001f

Posted (edited)

Do i actually have to spend real money in order to buy some cool horse gear and and cute pet and if yes why is it expensive as game itself?

You can spend real money on horse gear and pets, but it's not a requirement. You can try and get them off Marketplace for silver. ~12m for horse gear, ~5m for the pet.

I waant to get standart version which is 10 euros or usd i dont remember which one. So only for a cute little cat is worth 10euros, isnt there any other way to get a majestic horse and a pet? 

Only way to get a majestic horse is to train it, or you snipe it from horse marketplace. There's a sticky at the top of the forum discussing all things breeding.

Also im not sure about leveling my horse current skills cuz obviously its taking too damn long and booring. I saw an option in horse management when checked i my horse in. Left side of skill in a square window says TRAIN yet it requires training token or something like that. Where can i get that and is it also 10eur? 

This part of your post signals to me you won't last long in BDO.

No, it's not as expensive as the game itself, it actually even more expensive!! Isn't it fun ?? and we are talking about 20/30$ min for some items!

- Horse gears to cover up your donkey ace ? 20$ more please!

- Sick of coughing dirt training your horse skill ? 10 more $ please .. per skill.

- Sick and tired of the almost identical hobo style gears you've been using ? 20$ more, oh you want an awakening skin weapon ? 30$ please!

- You knees hurt so bad and you don't want to loot a single more item ? 10$ please . *uhm* for each pet, and you probably want 4 so that would be : 40$ please!

- Oh your tired of the slow & dumb tier 1 pets ? well, you can breed them up to tier 4! you just gona .. keep that wallet open, for a while.

Each obstacle is designed to be solved around the cash shop!

Welcome to Bdo!

If you don't know how the Marketplace works, don't post advice for other players on the forum. The only thing I see here is that you haven't played the game, and don't know anything about it. Before you respond to me with some bile, read the post right above yours.

Edited by Sibyyl
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You could do what I do, only get the head piece for the horse. Use the in-game armor for dyeing for an "armored" look. (pic below)

The armor looks ok on the horse but a lot of times I feel they have way too much going on. 

But honestly look at your costs. $10 for the game, $10 for a pet, $15ish for horse stuff (if you dont buy every piece). That's still only $35 right there.

Then either you can craft armor and get the $15 coupon, brings your total to $50.

You can try and snipe a costume (I have many times) or just save your money up and wait a month or two to get the one you want. Horse tokens I only used when I wanted to reset breeding. And that was because I was trying to get two T7s. Just afk train the horses to level them up, or save up around 12m-40m for a Tier 7. Depending on what level the horse is when it is sold, its price can vary.

I never buy the training tickets. I typically just spend a Saturday (slightly drunk) and just level the skills myself. Everytime you fail the skill, it gives you 1%, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 fails to get 1% to the skill

Edited by Ravare

Posted

There's nothing "micro" about $35-40 skins.

1 person likes this

Posted

Things you can buy with in-game silver from the Marketplace if you are lucky:

- Pets

- Costumes

- Horse costume

- Value Packs

Things you can buy with loyalty points if you are patient:

- Inventory expansions

- Weight increases

- Character slots

- Storage slots

- Some other stuff I don't remember

Things you can only get in the pearl shop (the occasional random reward not included):

- Functional costumes

- Breed and Death resets for horses, as well as skill change coupons

- Maids

- Branding stones

- Skill training tokens.

- Other stuff I don't remember.

The game will be much more "convenient" if you are not shy about spending money on it.  But it *can*  be played with just the $10 intro fee.

But it is designed to drive you to the cash shop at almost every turn.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you don't know how the Marketplace works, don't post advice for other players on the forum. The only thing I see here is that you haven't played the game, and don't know anything about it. Before you respond to me with some bile, read the post right above yours.

Let me throw back that 2 lines of bullsh*t right back at you, and before your attempt advising someone to "snipe" a Pearl item out of the MP, go to the bloody game and try to do it, see how long it's going to take and come back here to enlighten the new players on how successful you were .. nub.

here is a personal story of my brother who re-rolled a witch, and tried to win the lotteries of the awakening outfit from the MP.

Over 2300+ costumes later, and still failing.

Yeah Op, go get it from the MP, not like every single player in the game have global notification about every pearl item, and 20 sec time to bid on every underpriced item, making your chances less than probably 1 per 1000 to get a single item, if they ever posted the one your looking for to begin with ..

Posted

I got a skin after bidding for 3 weeks an average of 20-30 times per day.

Posted

I got a skin after bidding for 3 weeks an average of 20-30 times per day.

Fotm classes will have more problems than others... Also there is more premium costumes sold than regular... I got my second costume few days ago after month of bidding maybe twice a day... Lucky you may say, but it was 2 hours after midnight... :D

Posted

Let me throw back that 2 lines of bullsh*t right back at you, and before your attempt advising someone to "snipe" a Pearl item out of the MP, go to the bloody game and try to do it, see how long it's going to take and come back here to enlighten the new players on how successful you were .. nub.

here is a personal story of my brother who re-rolled a witch, and tried to win the lotteries of the awakening outfit from the MP.

Yeah Op, go get it from the MP, not like every single player in the game have global notification about every pearl item, and 20 sec time to bid on every underpriced item, making your chances less than probably 1 per 1000 to get a single item, if they ever posted the one your looking for to begin with ..

I have all the Ninja outfits except the Leh Arcen (or however its spelled)

I bought 3 or 4 myself with Pearls.

All the others, I sniped off the MP over the course of 4-5 months. It's doable, you just have to put those notifications up, or ask on the days the Pearl Selling limit resets

Posted

Those are not micro but macro transactions xD

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey there little fella, time to simmer down. I looked at the Market and there have been thousands of pearl items sold to someone. I know I've won 2 horse sets, 4 outfits and 13 VP personally. And I have a free cat from time played and a few free penguins I've combined. I got a t8 from breeding with no money spent on horse training items. 

Im very sorry your experience has been different but you get the peace you sow. Try not to shit on people tying to encourage you, which is all the poster you quoted was trying to do. Hang in there, you'll pull out of this.

Edited by Desado
1 person likes this