• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

126 posts in this topic

Posted

sure they have their things about them. I have a ranger and a valk as well... Now equally geared do I have as many options overall at my disposal? No. I mean, I've got 2 heals, a full block, frontal guard, super armor, CC on almost every attack, super easy casts, mana drain, massive blanket damage, and a pet. My ranger, nor my valk, nor my DK, nor my Tamer has that kind of versatility on hotkey lol. I prefer my Tamer, if they fix her, played her since beta and she's not easy to master at all... But you feel like you did something when you pull it off. Witch I'm just headed to the boss corpse to grab my loot, because there will be loot. lol. edit for invincibility during..... teleport. almost forgot that one

Too many lols =) 

If you are talking about low lvl low gear then yes witch is kinda op especialy on bosses cause you can just stand there and spam, but so can i do with my lvl 56 ranger with pri azwell bow without awakening and always get loot. Don´t know who you fought but it´s not like you always 1 hit everything and every one with a witch. On high tier when ppl actualy start to know how to play their class wiz/witch are getting under cause there arent many combinations they can pull of = easy to predict/ counter. the lack of non awakening skills is in my opinion the weakness of those 2. For example a geared well played valk is far more dangerous as wiz.

As always just my opinion.

Posted

sure they have their things about them. I have a ranger and a valk as well... Now equally geared do I have as many options overall at my disposal? No. I mean, I've got 2 heals, a full block, frontal guard, super armor, CC on almost every attack, super easy casts, mana drain, massive blanket damage, and a pet. My ranger, nor my valk, nor my DK, nor my Tamer has that kind of versatility on hotkey lol. I prefer my Tamer, if they fix her, played her since beta and she's not easy to master at all... But you feel like you did something when you pull it off. Witch I'm just headed to the boss corpse to grab my loot, because there will be loot. lol. edit for invincibility during..... teleport. almost forgot that one

well I never knew valks and ranger were classes which theyr lore is intended to be prepared? 

Do you have many options at your disposal? yes, but you are not creating them that is your own fault (valk/ranger/tamer). What I assume is that you like to play different kinds of classes but non you actually mastered or looked in depth to theyr skill sets. Most classes are indeed combo heavy but they have the option to put this in use. The witch does not have the skill sets to combo all they want and have to rely on one shot abilities and timely buffs to perform these kind of things. The witch relys heavily on theyr teammates while other classes can do things by theyr self. The witch is a really easy and noticable target which leaves them vunerable every teleport is a run for your life to heal yourself up to get back into the battle (weakness). The moment they leave to heal up is theyr weakest point in battle because they are highly likely to get targeted by the assasins. As a witch you are basicly kiting your way through: Hit till low hp > teleport > heal > repeat. The problem which many people face is that they are undergeared so they get blown up by an aoe spell. 

Current bugs and other disadvantages:

1. Teleport and V - The invincibility aint working (maybe they mispelled invisibility) like intended maybe because of desync or other problems such as lag. If you teleport when someone pulls of an aoe spell or dot spell you still get dmged and you die while teleporting. There is also a second bug to our teleport which is highly annoying it is called rubberbanding. I played my witch teleport out of my misery and got putted back on my previous spot getting all the dmg at once. The bdo team was also really stupid to put the back + switch to aad the special switch teleport. Most people die by this during nodewards or when theyr in a stalemate.The V key does not work always which is also a problem especially when someone grabs you it might bug out. A berserker grabbed me in rbf and throwed me into the air, I managed to use my V but discovered that I was still in a grab mode putting my V key to cd the funny thing is it will make you invisible while you are visible which is rather weird. The V key has aswell the problem just like the teleport that you can get killed while being in your V.
  2. The ressurect of the witch and wizard is RNG meaning it might sometimes work or not even when you use the skill. I still wonder why we even have resurect in our kit because it is highly unusable.
  3. the witch ult is unstable on uneven ground and when hitting multiple targets, it might do dmg but it might just do nothing at all, there goes your 100%!
  4. Lightning storm has sometimes the bug that they do not hit the target.
  5. spell bound heart, speed spell, psyche of aad, magical shield - if you die say rest in peperoni cheese 30 sec cd to 10 mins cd buffs, therefor a witch can only be strong once every 30 seconds (if you can not kill a witch in 30 seconds take some lessons pvp)
  6. Paralysis even when hit its rng to work.
  7. summoning - it doesn't summon sometimes when pressing the hotkey or f key or follow correctly the player.
  8. Q shield - The Q shield sometimes ignores the cc but sometimes it is just plain lazy and you still get cced even though you are facing the right direction. (I'm not talking about grabs)

I think this thread is mainly focused on wizards not witches because they have more damage and combos combined through theyr awakened spells.

Posted

paragraphs of text and you completely forgot to address the Wizard 100% skill 😂😂😂

I'm aware that there is something wrong with it. I didn't feel the need to say something that seemed so obvious.

Is this wall of text written by someone who never seriously played anything else than With/Wizard? Because otherwise I wouldn't know how you derive to the conclusion that Wiz/Witch even remotely resemble any form of balance in their current form.

Forget about the fact that they hit like truck with very low AP requirements (making cheesy tank DPS builds absolutely viable) for one moment and consider this: Aside from being one of the hardest hitting classes ingame, they also sport the absolute best utility - hands down, no competition whatsoever. AoE healing, low CD self-heal, a strong shield that's online for 50% of the time and Protective Area, which on its own decides entire group fights.

As far as group fights go (and let's not kid ourselves, GvG in nodewars/sieges kinda is the endgame content the game offers for the most part) Witch/Wiz offers top tier offensive, defensive and supportive abilities. All in one class, which is just absurd. And not only that: The class requires next to no skill whatsoever. It's all about posititioning and chaining all those silly super armour and frontal block skills with the press of 2 buttons at a time. There's barely and kind of skill ceiling so aside from being gear carried it's really hard to distinguish yourself as a really good Witch/Wiz player.

The game requires some serious work in terms of balancing to bring all classes more in line. Oh and by the way, this is coming from someone who's main is Witch and who has been playing the class from day 1.

My wizard is level 59, and I've had him since launch, I've seriously rerolled twice to musa and ninja, both of which are just under 58 (57.7 and 57.95 respectively).  I've spent more time cumilatively playing the latter two characters as my wizard had a serious level advantage preawakening in terms of time played. I mostly life skill in general and only ever grind at night time on weekends. If your argument hinges on an assumption, it may be time to rethink your fealty to that position.

This is an incredible strawman. What point did I make that any of this addresses? What did I say that any of what you said disagreed with?

My entire argument was that their damage when considered over time rather than per skill was not as out of line as many people suggested. You are saying that they hit like a truck. I agreed that a single wiz/witch skill hits very hard, but I went on to say that this has much to do with the fact that a witch/wizard skill has the duration of half a dozen skills from the average class. I never said that they didn't hit hard. I said that it was justified. I never said that they weren't the epitome of group pvp, I said that it was justified

How about you say something that I didn't say now? and pick up the damned strawman, it did nothing to deserve to be attacked like that.

Gearcarried wiz/witch trashcan thread ignore

You are braindead if you think it isn't leagues beyond every other class

I could go on about all the shit you didn't mention such as not requiring the use of potions and having a kit consisting of massive AOEs in a game where you can't turn on spell effects in big group pvp without dropping to 5fps, thereby making all their spells which normally would have large effects which clearly show you where not to stand INVISIBLE

*makes self invulnerable for 8 seconds*
*1shots 10 people with 100%*
*teleports and full heals instantly*

lol bro, how about you get a non-potato PC so that you don't have to consider FPS a game mechanic? That is definitively the most absurd thing I've heard all day. The devs should design the game around the fact that you like to play MMOs on a fuking toaster? I play GvG with 20 FPS, I'm not a techy and I'm not rich. My LAPTOP (because it really ain't that hard if you'd stop playing on your cell phone), cost $800, though admittedly with some pretty nice discounts.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Too many lols =) 

If you are talking about low lvl low gear then yes witch is kinda op especialy on bosses cause you can just stand there and spam, but so can i do with my lvl 56 ranger with pri azwell bow without awakening and always get loot. Don´t know who you fought but it´s not like you always 1 hit everything and every one with a witch. On high tier when ppl actualy start to know how to play their class wiz/witch are getting under cause there arent many combinations they can pull of = easy to predict/ counter. the lack of non awakening skills is in my opinion the weakness of those 2. For example a geared well played valk is far more dangerous as wiz.

As always just my opinion.

She only has 198 awakened AP, so yah probably just undergeared XP - Seriously though my original statement was based on my PvE experiences with these classes. I only pvp on my Tamer. Meaning I only get to kill people if they try to gank me in 1v1, or harass and peel, yay.

well I never knew valks and ranger were classes which theyr lore is intended to be prepared? 

Do you have many options at your disposal? yes, but you are not creating them that is your own fault (valk/ranger/tamer). What I assume is that you like to play different kinds of classes but non you actually mastered or looked in depth to theyr skill sets. Most classes are indeed combo heavy but they have the option to put this in use. The witch does not have the skill sets to combo all they want and have to rely on one shot abilities and timely buffs to perform these kind of things. The witch relys heavily on theyr teammates while other classes can do things by theyr self. The witch is a really easy and noticable target which leaves them vunerable every teleport is a run for your life to heal yourself up to get back into the battle (weakness). The moment they leave to heal up is theyr weakest point in battle because they are highly likely to get targeted by the assasins. As a witch you are basicly kiting your way through: Hit till low hp > teleport > heal > repeat. The problem which many people face is that they are undergeared so they get blown up by an aoe spell. 

Current bugs and other disadvantages:

1. Teleport and V - The invincibility aint working (maybe they mispelled invisibility) like intended maybe because of desync or other problems such as lag. If you teleport when someone pulls of an aoe spell or dot spell you still get dmged and you die while teleporting. There is also a second bug to our teleport which is highly annoying it is called rubberbanding. I played my witch teleport out of my misery and got putted back on my previous spot getting all the dmg at once. The bdo team was also really stupid to put the back + switch to aad the special switch teleport. Most people die by this during nodewards or when theyr in a stalemate.The V key does not work always which is also a problem especially when someone grabs you it might bug out. A berserker grabbed me in rbf and throwed me into the air, I managed to use my V but discovered that I was still in a grab mode putting my V key to cd the funny thing is it will make you invisible while you are visible which is rather weird. The V key has aswell the problem just like the teleport that you can get killed while being in your V.
  2. The ressurect of the witch and wizard is RNG meaning it might sometimes work or not even when you use the skill. I still wonder why we even have resurect in our kit because it is highly unusable.
  3. the witch ult is unstable on uneven ground and when hitting multiple targets, it might do dmg but it might just do nothing at all, there goes your 100%!
  4. Lightning storm has sometimes the bug that they do not hit the target.
  5. spell bound heart, speed spell, psyche of aad, magical shield - if you die say rest in peperoni cheese 30 sec cd to 10 mins cd buffs, therefor a witch can only be strong once every 30 seconds (if you can not kill a witch in 30 seconds take some lessons pvp)
  6. Paralysis even when hit its rng to work.
  7. summoning - it doesn't summon sometimes when pressing the hotkey or f key or follow correctly the player.
  8. Q shield - The Q shield sometimes ignores the cc but sometimes it is just plain lazy and you still get cced even though you are facing the right direction. (I'm not talking about grabs)

I think this thread is mainly focused on wizards not witches because they have more damage and combos combined through theyr awakened spells.

I have absolutely mastered my Tamer, and because of that I have no reason to fear going out and grinding anywhere I wish. She's beast 1v1. I stated that actually in a previous reply. I was pointing out the arsenal my witch has and how versatile she is, if you notice all you are really saying here is yes, what I said is correct, "but" that stuff doesn't work properly all the time. If they were to fix all those issues and they were actually working as intended in your opinion, where would we go from there?

I am not attempting to say Wiz/Witch are supercrazy OP, I was relating my experience in pve content, all the way to Hystria on one and Aakman on the other, that my Witch is much much easier to play. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so at all. I was just stating my experiences.

Edited by Misdemeanor
2 people like this

Posted

why u even try to argument with these kids in a real way? there is a reason the developers wont ever listen to EU/NA players. a good reason you see

1 person likes this

Posted

The witch/wiz strongest attack is their 59 skill, like every other class, how do you think it compares to other classes? 

It does comparable damage given similar building schemes. 

People continuously complain about being "one-shotted", without seeming to take into account that the "one-shot" took the duration of time of 2-5 of any other classes attacks. Compare the DPS, rather than the damage per skill and there's a very different story. The fact that the people I see calling for the wizard/witch classes to be nerfed have yet to address this is quite telling. I like to entertain every argument I hear and have done so for this very argument as well. This is what lead me to actually calculate their DPS and compare it to other classes. Without ruining the results for you too much, here's a hint: the game developers and programmers AREN'T the ones who's math skills leave something to be desired, go figure. 

The truth is actually quite different from what you hear people complaining about, their DPS is lower (without speed spell buff being activated which has a 60% uptime, when it is activated, the DPS is slightly higher) (when compared to other high damage, low defense characters, such as Ninja, Tamer, Kunoi or Sorc). It isn't a good argument to make that they have access to speed spell though and therefore their DPS is too high because speed spell is shared like many other buffs so, in a party, this advantage is terminated. The increased accuracy is all but completely accounted for when you consider that Sorc has a 25 ap buff which they don't require in order to compete with Wiz/Witch speed spell buffed damage, as well as the fact that the other high damage low defense classes can absorb their BS rage for buffs that don't render their utility buffs unnecessary (wiz/witch rage buff is more cast speed which doesn't stack, rendering speed spell useless in terms of damage potential).

This isn't to say that Wiz/Witch needs a buff, but rather to point out how easy it is to forget how green the grass is on your side when you've had a bad day of getting rekt. The reason all of you people haven't already re-rolled, is because, on some level, you can perceive the disadvantages of playing Wiz/Witch and aren't willing to shoulder them. The classes aren't perfectly balanced, Wiz/Witch has massive AOEs, but this compensates for the fact that their primary means of mobility is walking (double teleport has a 10 second cool-down, how far can your Musa, Sorc, etc get in 10 seconds? Right, then please refrain from revealing your bias or lack of reasoning through written word) and they cast skills for 2 seconds at a time, remaining almost entirely stationary when fighting. This also means that getting caught in a single skill is as punishing as being comboed for 2 seconds by a comparably geared Ninja though, which is the advantage on the other side, along with the fact that big AOEs means the kill feeds will sing your praises. Wizard/witch has no i-frames and are definitively the worst class at 1v1, but their group combat is top teir and they can heal themselves and (revive) others to compensate, once again, the advantages on the other side.

There IS balance, it may not be perfect, but it isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys make it seem.

lul ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get nerfed retards

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134188616?t=05m21s

Posted

The witch/wiz strongest attack is their 59 skill, like every other class, how do you think it compares to other classes? 

It does comparable damage given similar building schemes. 

People continuously complain about being "one-shotted", without seeming to take into account that the "one-shot" took the duration of time of 2-5 of any other classes attacks. Compare the DPS, rather than the damage per skill and there's a very different story. The fact that the people I see calling for the wizard/witch classes to be nerfed have yet to address this is quite telling. I like to entertain every argument I hear and have done so for this very argument as well. This is what lead me to actually calculate their DPS and compare it to other classes. Without ruining the results for you too much, here's a hint: the game developers and programmers AREN'T the ones who's math skills leave something to be desired, go figure. 

The truth is actually quite different from what you hear people complaining about, their DPS is lower (without speed spell buff being activated which has a 60% uptime, when it is activated, the DPS is slightly higher) (when compared to other high damage, low defense characters, such as Ninja, Tamer, Kunoi or Sorc). It isn't a good argument to make that they have access to speed spell though and therefore their DPS is too high because speed spell is shared like many other buffs so, in a party, this advantage is terminated. The increased accuracy is all but completely accounted for when you consider that Sorc has a 25 ap buff which they don't require in order to compete with Wiz/Witch speed spell buffed damage, as well as the fact that the other high damage low defense classes can absorb their BS rage for buffs that don't render their utility buffs unnecessary (wiz/witch rage buff is more cast speed which doesn't stack, rendering speed spell useless in terms of damage potential).

This isn't to say that Wiz/Witch needs a buff, but rather to point out how easy it is to forget how green the grass is on your side when you've had a bad day of getting rekt. The reason all of you people haven't already re-rolled, is because, on some level, you can perceive the disadvantages of playing Wiz/Witch and aren't willing to shoulder them. The classes aren't perfectly balanced, Wiz/Witch has massive AOEs, but this compensates for the fact that their primary means of mobility is walking (double teleport has a 10 second cool-down, how far can your Musa, Sorc, etc get in 10 seconds? Right, then please refrain from revealing your bias or lack of reasoning through written word) and they cast skills for 2 seconds at a time, remaining almost entirely stationary when fighting. This also means that getting caught in a single skill is as punishing as being comboed for 2 seconds by a comparably geared Ninja though, which is the advantage on the other side, along with the fact that big AOEs means the kill feeds will sing your praises. Wizard/witch has no i-frames and are definitively the worst class at 1v1, but their group combat is top teir and they can heal themselves and (revive) others to compensate, once again, the advantages on the other side.

There IS balance, it may not be perfect, but it isn't nearly as bad as some of you guys make it seem.

lololololololololool

if you saw the stream yesterday they said DK wizard and witch are getting the nerf bat lolololololololol

Posted

They said they're aware of one-shot mechanics but if you think they're going to balance the game around KDA then you're going to be horribly disappointed. Expect both wizards and witches to get buffs at the same time. :^)

Posted (edited)

They said they're aware of one-shot mechanics but if you think they're going to balance the game around KDA then you're going to be horribly disappointed. Expect both wizards and witches to get buffs at the same time. :^)

get rekt

dk and sorc won tournament not wizshit 

Edited by Saltminer

Posted

lul ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Get nerfed retards

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/134188616?t=05m21s

they said other classes will be buffed than to nerf x classes. Dks may get a nerf tho. Another score for us retards!

Posted (edited)

they said other classes will be buffed than to nerf x classes. Dks may get a nerf tho. Another score for us retards!

They admited that wizard, witch and DK are far stronger than other classes, aka in layman terms, OP or broken. 

They said that they won't nerf them because the players of those classes will feel bad (like the players of the other 10 classes feel atm); probably because they are afraid of having ppl ragequit since it's known that those classes have most FOTM players. 

I wouldn't really take it as a win if i were you, when until now everyone was telling you that wizard is broken op and you were arguing that it is not. Because they clearly stated that it is, as developers. They just choose not to nerf you directly, but indirectly by buffing the other classes (bad decision which will take time and may lead to more ppl quiting or rerolling - i suppose that they like rerollers tho`).

Pls don't be so blind...

get rekt

dk and sorc won tournament not wizshit 

DK, another classes balanced like wizard and witch. LUL. Their graph shows that it's even above wizard/witch

Yes, they will. They clearly stated that they are taking k/d data from RBF, siege and their official tournaments. 

Wizard witch won't recive any changes, as dk too. No direct nerfs, no buffs. But the other classes will be buffed, aka witch/wizard/dk will be indirectly nerfed ;).

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted

They admited that wizard, witch and DK are far stronger than other classes, aka in layman terms, OP or broken. 

They said that they won't nerf them because the players of those classes will feel bad (like the players of the other 10 classes feel atm); probably because they are afraid of having ppl ragequit since it's known that those classes have most FOTM players. 

I wouldn't really take it as a win if i were you, when until now everyone was telling you that wizard is broken op and you were arguing that it is not. Because they clearly stated that it is, as developers. They just choose not to nerf you directly, but indirectly by buffing the other classes (bad decision which will take time and may lead to more ppl quiting or rerolling - i suppose that they like rerollers tho`).

Pls don't be so blind...

Which is a big mistake in my opinion. Every class needs his strength and weaknesses. Buffing everyone instead of nerfing (when needed) will lead to game of gods and PVP will be determined by who is pressing one button first, no skill needed.

But at least it's nice to see, that even the devs are aware of this problem.

2 people like this

Posted

The ninja - the ninja is a bs class if you play it correctly. It can almost perma stun someone on his place giving you no options but to run. A ninja gets mostly never caught it just teleports in does the moves it supposed to do against someone who is left behind and gets back like nothing happend (stealthy) leaving theyr target crying in a corner for not able to do anything. 

The kuno - just like the ninja but has better skills to take on teams.

Ninja, has more damage, better damage scaling, 2 grabs and 2 iframes, please do not say that Kuno's are just like ninja's.
We are vastly different in playstyle and viability, not saying both don't have issues though, we do, but Kuno is way worse off.
Ninja can/could go full evasion and still kill people in a couple abilities, while being immortal, if a Kuno did the same you'd see a tiny little fly trying to do some damage.

A Kuno before this buff couldn't even properly combo for shit. Our awakening was garbage, apart from being able to keep SA/Block up.
Now we can do more combo's thanks to the buffs, but we are still not even slightly the similar.

Of course both can do plays though.
But if you tried playing any of them in large scale you'd end up taking a gun and blowing your brains out most likely. :D

(Worth mentioning, in NA's weird AP meta a kuno can to tons more than the evasion/acc meta thats been in EU for the longest time.)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ninja, has more damage, better damage scaling, 2 grabs and 2 iframes, please do not say that Kuno's are just like ninja's.We are vastly different in playstyle and viability, not saying both don't have issues though, we do, but Kuno is way worse off.
Ninja can/could go full evasion and still kill people in a couple abilities, while being immortal, if a Kuno did the same you'd see a tiny little fly trying to do some damage.

A Kuno before this buff couldn't even properly combo for shit. Our awakening was garbage, apart from being able to keep SA/Block up.
Now we can do more combo's thanks to the buffs, but we are still not even slightly the similar.

Of course both can do plays though.
But if you tried playing any of them in large scale you'd end up taking a gun and blowing your brains out most likely. :D

(Worth mentioning, in NA's weird AP meta a kuno can to tons more than the evasion/acc meta thats been in EU for the longest time.)

Do not take it by heart I was just stating things I know and made some funny jokes about it. Idk to many things about kuno or ninja. Also it was an in depth joke with how wizard and witch get grouped togheter while they also have a different playstyle.

Posted

Well, it seems most ppl already said the truth..

Witch/wiz cant be nerfed if done they will just suck all the time..

by what i have read we suck on:

1. movement we are standing spell announcer - awaiting cooldown machine, no iffames no cancels.

2. healing (we can heal at the expense of the 1st, and die)

3. Squishie, (get stunned die)

4. 1v1 is no no... unless other player is 2 levels less or total autoattack bot)

5. block? what? really block? just get grabbed and die...

6. cast speed? yes you get over nine thousand cast speed and there is a chance your animation is .1 less.. load of crap.

Posted

Well, it seems most ppl already said the truth..

Witch/wiz cant be nerfed if done they will just suck all the time..

by what i have read we suck on:

1. movement we are standing spell announcer - awaiting cooldown machine, no iffames no cancels.

2. healing (we can heal at the expense of the 1st, and die)

3. Squishie, (get stunned die)

4. 1v1 is no no... unless other player is 2 levels less or total autoattack bot)

5. block? what? really block? just get grabbed and die...

6. cast speed? yes you get over nine thousand cast speed and there is a chance your animation is .1 less.. load of crap.

the problem everyone is facing is that new players and medium geared players are strugling against these classes which is totaly understandable. It is no wonder that if someone is overgeared and casting aoe spells against foes with lower gear and lower levels will die faster. I kind of see things at my perspective which obviously other people also do and take conclusion from it what the fear is and what kind of problems you might be facing.

Nerfing the class will obviously make things easyer for the mid and casual players but for higher geared players this is a death sentence because they cant stand on equal footing as the other geared classes. 

The thing they should be nerfing aint the awakening which everyone is pointing to but a rework in the staff class of the witch and wizard which everyone is pointing to (PA, heals and such).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People who cry about Wizard being too strong usually suck at their class very much and/or have no idea how Wizard skills work. Let me sum it up:

1. Wizard is very immobile, while we have Teleport it has huge CD and beyond that we are stuck with running.
  2. Our Spells take ages to cast - The Ult just locks you in place for 3 seconds which is eternity in PVP and can thus be easily run from or blocked. 
  3. We don't have much CC, one ranged KD which is primarily our only chance to land a combo and sort of stun in cone ahead of us. This again locks us in place for ages so if you dodge you can slowly walk behind us and without any rush plunge knife between our ribs. God knows we will just have to stand there and take it.

Winning against Wizard is actually rather easy, just dash around like crazy which most of other classes can, wait for him to cast one of his forever casting spells and then just go behind him and obliterate. I'm 61 Wiz and even thou i still get kicked more than i would like by lower (although geared) lvls who understand how skills work.

It's not a problem of class, but rather the fact you don't know how to deal with it and just tunnel-vision charge straight forward.

Yeah i agree, no clue why people say wiz /witch op, then a nin stunlocks you to death without being able to do anything.

wiz is very stationary when casting stuff and some of them cant even be interrupted like aqua jail, hell, you can even grab a wizard during aquajail and kill him..

seriously learn to play.. its not even that hard..takes 2 seconds to get behind a casting wizard and delete him.

on another note, if people gets deleted by a wizard whatever skill, maybe you guys have the wrong gear? I've watched countless of sieges, and streams of Twirow and not even him during siege with his incredible gear can stay alive that much, or "DELETE" people like everyone says.

most of the times he gets stunned once and die instantly to some Ninja/warrior/zerker. 

Edited by MaxVespir
1 person likes this

Posted

wiz/witch is the easiest class to counter with fast-pace classes, so the smalest failure means the death to us since every class are able to spam 5 CCs and Dashes in a row in the time we get off one single skill.

you need to know the enemy and forsee their action like no other class. also we need to have an eye on our teammembers to play right arround sieges and GvGs. so like in many other MMOs wiz/witch is actually pretty hard to master instead of classes everytime spamming the same combos over and over even if you need 20 fingers to play these combos. thats still the "learn" part not the "master" part. so there is nothing on Tamers they could master so hard except dont do suicide engages in GvGs. Like i see the most Tamers do in rbf. Tamers hard to learn tough and still one of the harder classes to play overall.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Yeah i agree, no clue why people say wiz /witch op, then a nin stunlocks you to death without being able to do anything.

wiz is very stationary when casting stuff and some of them cant even be interrupted like aqua jail, hell, you can even grab a wizard during aquajail and kill him..

seriously learn to play.. its not even that hard..takes 2 seconds to get behind a casting wizard and delete him.

on another note, if people gets deleted by a wizard whatever skill, maybe you guys have the wrong gear? I've watched countless of sieges, and streams of Twirow and not even him during siege with his incredible gear can stay alive that much, or "DELETE" people like everyone says.

most of the times he gets stunned once and die instantly to some Ninja/warrior/zerker. 

Clue: because the developer of the game said that wiz/witch is op.

You guys must be braindead if you think grabs do shit in siege. Or going behind wizards. LMAO. Do you even siege -----? Wizards are the pnes that go behind ppl and one-shot like 5-15 ppl, then get out. 

Some of you probably never fking sieged before...

I have the wrong gear: lmao; evasion build, 320 dp; DP buffs, evasion buffs, 3.8k health, as a sorc, and 100% from wizard / or 2-3 skill from wizards melt me. 

I repeat, Some of you probably never fking sieged before...

Wizards hard to learn: lul. Good one bro :) It took me literarly 2h to learn everything a witch can do. It took me 4h to learn 2 animation cancels on sorc. LMAO.

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

You guys must be braindead if you think grabs do shit in siege. Or going behind wizards. LMAO. Do you even siege -----? Wizards are the pnes that go behind ppl and one-shot like 5-15 ppl, then get out. 

ofc we do, but my guild dont get wiped by one wizard, maybe thats the reason we still have a castle 

Wizards hard to learn: lul. Good one bro :) It took me literarly 2h to learn everything a witch can do. It took me 4h to learn 2 animation cancels on sorc. LMAO.

lurn 2 read, as well hard for someone 

Edited by Wollbert

Posted

wiz/wich, DK will be nerfed either directly or indirectly you can bet on it. I think it will be done in secret ofc. Lets just keep eyes on the forums. The moment wiz/wich start to cry crodolile tears all will know what happened ;)

Posted

wiz/wich, DK will be nerfed either directly or indirectly you can bet on it. I think it will be done in secret ofc. Lets just keep eyes on the forums. The moment wiz/wich start to cry crodolile tears all will know what happened ;)

there recently was a nerf on wizards 100% skill. now it is weaker than warriors 100% skill.

Posted

The Wizard ultimate has felt absolutely worthless since wednesday. No crowd control, and it does mediocre damage at best unless you go AP monkey with Nouver and the full nine yards, in which case you will seldom survive long enough to actually use it.

Posted

Clue: because the developer of the game said that wiz/witch is op.

I have the wrong gear: lmao; evasion build, 320 dp; DP buffs, evasion buffs, 3.8k health, as a sorc, and 100% from wizard / or 2-3 skill from wizards melt me. 

I repeat, Some of you probably never fking sieged before...

Wizards hard to learn: lul. Good one bro :) It took me literarly 2h to learn everything a witch can do. It took me 4h to learn 2 animation cancels on sorc. LMAO.

actually if you look into the class then you have no insight at all what should change about the class and you only came here to cry because you did not mastered the class just to complain about aoe dmg in itself.

We all know that the developers still have long ways to go if it comes to developing. They indeed did a great job but there are still to many obvious bugs and to throw your words back at you the developers stated that the game isn't worth playing atm.

Pushing more buttons doesn't make you "good" besides the false sence of satisfaction that you did something. Pushing more buttons alows you to use more abilitys which has more cc in one skill which is in total harder to resist then one attack of the witch and wizard. So in total instead of pushing one buttons you can rebuild the skill itself which leaves you with more options to handle your combos you can even say that this will make you OP but you are still envying the witch and wizard why?

The reason is because of what most pple stated the aoe dmg can burst multiple people in one go. This should be op right? but what if I say that the same amount of dmg is done by your sorc against that player when you perform that combo and even doing more then that!

You would not believe me. The dmg of the single class players are about the same as the aoe class which is unfornate for players who get caught up in this. Nerfing the class will not only break the class but also regress progression on all grinding players. We will not be able to flag up anyore because we wont be able to oneshot anyone in a 1v1. So in the end only players who reached the end goal will feel the "balance" but people in progression will not be able to do anything till they reached it.

In korea they are pretty far but we arent there. That is the reason people are crying, not because we like it but because we have no way to fend for ourself. In NA and EU to many people are still in progression especially because we can't buy our fs like in Korea.

Posted

actually if you look into the class then you have no insight at all what should change about the class and you only came here to cry because you did not mastered the class just to complain about aoe dmg in itself.

We all know that the developers still have long ways to go if it comes to developing. They indeed did a great job but there are still to many obvious bugs and to throw your words back at you the developers stated that the game isn't worth playing atm.

Pushing more buttons doesn't make you "good" besides the false sence of satisfaction that you did something. Pushing more buttons alows you to use more abilitys which has more cc in one skill which is in total harder to resist then one attack of the witch and wizard. So in total instead of pushing one buttons you can rebuild the skill itself which leaves you with more options to handle your combos you can even say that this will make you OP but you are still envying the witch and wizard why?

The reason is because of what most pple stated the aoe dmg can burst multiple people in one go. This should be op right? but what if I say that the same amount of dmg is done by your sorc against that player when you perform that combo and even doing more then that!

You would not believe me. The dmg of the single class players are about the same as the aoe class which is unfornate for players who get caught up in this. Nerfing the class will not only break the class but also regress progression on all grinding players. We will not be able to flag up anyore because we wont be able to oneshot anyone in a 1v1. So in the end only players who reached the end goal will feel the "balance" but people in progression will not be able to do anything till they reached it.

In korea they are pretty far but we arent there. That is the reason people are crying, not because we like it but because we have no way to fend for ourself. In NA and EU to many people are still in progression especially because we can't buy our fs like in Korea.

Proves to know how little you know about the game :)

And yes, there's a difference between a combo (which by the way, requires timing to perform animation cancels, not just pressing more buttons ); because it's multiple skills - and can be stoped; and pressing just 1 button which is 1 skill - to deal an amount of dmg. 

It's funny how you guys, wizard players, can still argue that you are balanced when the guy that designed the class is telling you that you are over powered. When the charts prove that you are over powered. When any player that does siege agrees that wizard is over powered. When a big chunk of the wizard players agree that you are over powered.