• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Valencia Housing vs 14K vs Non-Pearl-Interior

83 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I went through Valencia, trying to see if I could find any residence whose "monopoly" was something I could compete against. I found only 1 residence, just under 14K. Most were 16K+. I found one as high as 59K. And when I say "K" I mean in residence-interior-points.

So, as I have just over 6K, from non-pearl investments, I have to ask, what's the most point I can ever aspire to without buying pearl based interior?

And then I have to ask, can we get a LOT more housing in the world? Like say a realistic number into the THOUSANDS? Would that be too much to ask? Let alone could Valencia, or any other city, which has a BOAT load of space get more housing.

Well, if I can't get an answer to those questions, how does BDO expect to encourage anyone to even SLIGHTLY compete with these monopoly owners? Even in a buy-the-pearl-interior situation, let alone new comers to the game.

Posted (edited)

1) you are not going to be able to compete for rank 1 housing VS pearl users as a free to play user. Just give up on that right meow

2) I agree they should add more housing. They should also let us have more than 5 houses. As a perma red player I can't go in many towns and rely heavily on my houses, but i can only have 5, and the houses I can buy aren't in very good locations! It sucks. wtb more houses! 

Edited by Dremlock
2 people like this

Posted

1) you are not going to be able to compete for rank 1 housing VS pearl users as a free to play user. Just give up on that right meow

Indeed. This is about the only thing in BDO that is firmly behind a paywall.

Posted

Well, that's sad. So, I packed up my things in my Valencia house, called a "Two guys and a Truck", and moved to the Hill Billy's.

Posted

2) I agree they should add more housing. They should also let us have more than 5 houses. As a perma red player I can't go in many towns and rely heavily on my houses, but i can only have 5, and the houses I can buy aren't in very good locations! It sucks. wtb more houses! 

I think you created this problem?

2 people like this

Posted

So, I went through Valencia, trying to see if I could find any residence whose "monopoly" was something I could compete against. I found only 1 residence, just under 14K. Most were 16K+. I found one as high as 59K. And when I say "K" I mean in residence-interior-points.

So, as I have just over 6K, from non-pearl investments, I have to ask, what's the most point I can ever aspire to without buying pearl based interior?

I get about 17k interior points from the variety of other stuff available through quests, vendors, crafting, farming, and stealing without ever touching the pearl shop. That doesn't include making knowledge-based bookshelves, set bonuses for the craftable furniture sets, or placement bonuses for putting items on other items sensibly. So your 6k interior points doesn't seem like much because it isn't.

And then I have to ask, can we get a LOT more housing in the world? Like say a realistic number into the THOUSANDS? Would that be too much to ask? Let alone could Valencia, or any other city, which has a BOAT load of space get more housing.

Why? You haven't even gotten serious about a first-place house in the ones that already exist, and the same is true for most of the houses that I've seen.

3 people like this

Posted

p2w lotto nodes in good citys can make you 200 mill a day afk.

Posted

Sad but true. They called them investment banks for a reason. U have to have money to invest in cash shop esp now when u cant stack jukeboxes 

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Impact

Posted

I get about 17k interior points from the variety of other stuff available through quests, vendors, crafting, farming, and stealing without ever touching the pearl shop. That doesn't include making knowledge-based bookshelves, set bonuses for the craftable furniture sets, or placement bonuses for putting items on other items sensibly. So your 6k interior points doesn't seem like much because it isn't.

Why? You haven't even gotten serious about a first-place house in the ones that already exist, and the same is true for most of the houses that I've seen.

I think my "main house" sits at between 13k and 14k but I do not have all the avalible paintings since I keep those as "aces" when some1 tries to steal my rank. I asume you have most of the event (christmas, easter etc.) items that gives points too.

I once managed to steal a beer keg from some NPC by missclicking but it was worth very little interior points. Are there any other interior items you can steal that are worthwhile?

Posted (edited)

i have an 18K point house in Heidel which has nothing from the Kashkow's shop in it , it was a first place house up until the servers merged , now i dropped to third and i cant put a single piece of furniture in it to catch up the 2 houses in 1st and 2nd place and they are 7-9k ahead of me with all Pearl shop furniture

its quite obvious that the housing points are meant and intended for pearl shop purchases to win as they have taken the ability to sell player made furniture on the marketplace away from us , actually used to make good money making candelabra's ......... cant sell those now either

Edited by wellman029

Posted

I think people are missing the point that's less "non-pearl-spender users can't get many points" and more "if you're competing against someone with a credit card you're gonna lose".

You can rack up 15k points with free items (paintings and flowers are great) but someone dropping pearls on their house have access to more points per square inch in their house and have access to slots that you can't even get without pearls (wallpaper and flooring).

1 person likes this

Posted

The Decor/Point system to get ranked housing in this game def sucks.
Especially when you actually want your house to look like a decent house, and not a cluttered POS.

1 person likes this

Posted

They need to remove the strict point system for investment banks. They can keep having the benefits for having the most.

Posted

As a perma red player you just deserver 1 house, if.

1 person likes this

Posted

As a perma red player you just deserver 1 house, if.

stop oppressing me 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think people are missing the point that's less "non-pearl-spender users can't get many points" and more "if you're competing against someone with a credit card you're gonna lose".

You can rack up 15k points with free items (paintings and flowers are great) but someone dropping pearls on their house have access to more points per square inch in their house and have access to slots that you can't even get without pearls (wallpaper and flooring).

Nah, I get the point just fine. It simply isn't the real issue preventing non-pearl spenders from getting top-ranked houses, at least right now.

Right now, the issue preventing non-pearl spenders from getting top-ranked houses is that they're not willing to actually get the 17k+ interior points-worth of in-game items, not willing to optimize their set and placement bonuses to get up into the 18k+ range, and aren't willing to get the knowledge-based bookcases that would push it into the 19k+ range. There are plenty of houses where such an effort would get them a top-ranked house--they simply aren't willing to actually do it.

It almost certainly will be a problem at some point, and there's two obvious ways to deal with it:

First, release more non-pearl shop furniture items so that non-pearl shop users can put in additional effort and keep up. 

Second, allow pearl shop furniture items to be resold on the marketplace so that players who don't use the pearl shop nevertheless can have access to them for silver.

Especially when you actually want your house to look like a decent house, and not a cluttered POS.

I definitely agree with this. They should give much higher placement bonuses than they currently do, to get people to actually make their houses look good and not just "the place I dump stuff to earn interior points".

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah, I get the point just fine. It simply isn't the real issue preventing non-pearl spenders from getting top-ranked houses, at least right now.

Right now, the issue preventing non-pearl spenders from getting top-ranked houses is that they're not willing to actually get the 17k+ interior points-worth of in-game items, not willing to optimize their set and placement bonuses to get up into the 18k+ range, and aren't willing to get the knowledge-based bookcases that would push it into the 19k+ range. There are plenty of houses where such an effort would get them a top-ranked house--they simply aren't willing to actually do it.

It almost certainly will be a problem at some point, and there's two obvious ways to deal with it:

First, release more non-pearl shop furniture items so that non-pearl shop users can put in additional effort and keep up. 

Second, allow pearl shop furniture items to be resold on the marketplace so that players who don't use the pearl shop nevertheless can have access to them for silver.

I definitely agree with this. They should give much higher placement bonuses than they currently do, to get people to actually make their houses look good and not just "the place I dump stuff to earn interior points".

While it's true that if you want a top slot house, you absolutely can get one for little to no pearls, it may also be that if you go to visit a house and the top slot is filled to the brim with pearl shop items crammed into every corner, you may feel disinclined to compete for that top spot since the current title holder is obviously willing to spend money to stay where they are. That may mean that pearl spenders don't need to pay for more than 18k points because no one's bothering to try and take it from them.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think it's a bigger issue than people being too lazy to put the work in and more that they're not incentivized to put that work in when it can be erased by the swipe of a credit card.

Posted

While it's true that if you want a top slot house, you absolutely can get one for little to no pearls, it may also be that if you go to visit a house and the top slot is filled to the brim with pearl shop items crammed into every corner, you may feel disinclined to compete for that top spot since the current title holder is obviously willing to spend money to stay where they are.

Fortunately, this leaves literally dozens of other houses in the same city for you to look at--at least, in the major cities where most of the investment banks are located.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just that I think it's a bigger issue than people being too lazy to put the work in and more that they're not incentivized to put that work in when it can be erased by the swipe of a credit card.

If you can get a top-ranked house but don't want to because someone might use cash to take that particular house away from you, then I have good news for you: the only reward from investment banking is silver. Silver can obtained readily and rapidly by almost every activity there is in the game, many of which can be done without you even being at the keyboard.

So if you don't think it's worthwhile to do it, get your silver by doing almost anything else the game has to offer.

I'm finding it really amusing how big a problem you think access to silver is, considering how little a problem you think access to boss gear is.

2 people like this

Posted

Fortunately, this leaves literally dozens of other houses in the same city for you to look at--at least, in the major cities where most of the investment banks are located.

If you can get a top-ranked house but don't want to because someone might use cash to take that particular house away from you, then I have good news for you: the only reward from investment banking is silver. Silver can obtained readily and rapidly by almost every activity there is in the game, many of which can be done without you even being at the keyboard.

So if you don't think it's worthwhile to do it, get your silver by doing almost anything else the game has to offer.

I'm finding it really amusing how big a problem you think access to silver is, considering how little a problem you think access to boss gear is.

I genuinely don't know how you got half of what you said from my post. I agreed with your points, never said silver was an issue, but offered additional points that do not refute yours - they simply add additional things to consider.

Now that I look at your name I vaguely remember you in that boss gear thread from like, a week ago. You're still buttblasted from that? Oook...

Posted

Housing is the only pay 2 win thing in game that has absolutely no counter argument . Why are we discussing it as if it is not p2w 100%?

You will never keep a rank 1 if a cash shop player wants to take it. period.

That is all obvious is obvious.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Housing is the only pay 2 win thing in game that has absolutely no counter argument . Why are we discussing it as if it is not p2w 100%?

That is all obvious is obvious.

I'm one of those people that insists that BDO is not an overall P2W game, but yep - housing is absolutely a P2W aspect/mini-game. No matter how useless someone may think getting top slot is, I challenge them to go toe to toe with someone dropping pearls + spending silver on their house without buying pearls yourself. They will win. You can go buy items in the pearl shop without any RNG and overtake any non-pearl spender.

Yasfan just likes to argue, and also doesn't like me because I disagreed with them about boss gear or something. Go figure.

Edited by Cardiel

Posted

Then apparently there's not enough cash shop players who actually want to take the spots badly enough to actually put a top-ranking house out of reach of non-pearl spenders. Get back to me when there are, and I will agree with you about how P2W it is.

I challenge them to go toe to toe with someone dropping pearls + spending silver on their house without buying pearls yourself. They will win.

So just so that I'm clear, are you defining "winning" here as having a top-ranked house and getting access to investment banking, or are you defining "winning" as staking out one particular house and holding that house in the number one spot?

Because using the former definition, in every city there are in fact as many winners as there are houses. A single person cannot deny you the win unless they buy up every house in the city and get the top rank in all of them. "Going toe to toe" with a single other person is silly.

Using the latter definition, I agree with you. Of course, the latter definition is genuinely worthless, as holding a particular property's number one spot has no reward associated with it at all beyond personal vanity.

Yasfan just likes to argue, and also doesn't like me because I disagreed with them about boss gear or something. Go figure.

I don't like or dislike someone based on whether or not they agree with me. Nice try, though.

But I do try to remember the discussions I have with people, because it helps me get a better understanding of someone else's perspective and how consistent it is across time and across topics.

Posted

Using the latter definition, I agree with you. Of course, the latter definition is genuinely worthless, as holding a particular property's number one spot has no reward associated with it at all beyond personal vanity.

Obviously we mean the latter definition.  Yes, there are hundreds of houses to choose from which is why I said:

While it's true that if you want a top slot house, you absolutely can get one for little to no pearls,

I don't think anyone has been arguing that it's impossible to get a top spot, just that if a pearl user wants to tango with you and you don't want to spend pearls, you're in for a bad time.

I don't like or dislike someone based on whether or not they agree with me. Nice try, though.

But I do try to remember the discussions I have with people, because it helps me get a better understanding of someone else's perspective and how consistent it is across time and across topics.

Yeah, you're right. 

seh6p.gif

Posted

Indeed. This is about the only thing in BDO that is firmly behind a paywall.

Camouflage & processing/cooking/riding/fishing/swimming cash sets. Weight limit increase (200, 150, 100), Maids, brand spell stone, black spirit essence. etc.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0