• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Paymentwall - Blocked Account

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Many of you like myself have tried to make a purchase on the site for in-game items or maybe you want to purchase the game. The transaction appears to go through and seconds later a pop-up appears from Paymentwall. It states the payment was canceled, a refund is being issued and the account is blocked until you provide a full color copy front and back with all four corners showing of your ID, Drivers License, Passport and the card used for the transaction along with an unedited copy of the transaction receipt to prove who you are.

Does this not make you take pause and ponder if this is a phishing scam to obtain personal sensitive information? 

Third party payment processing centers are allowed limited information when processing payments for a business entity. What they can ask for varies in each State according to State and Federal privacy laws. If you're outside of the U.S. it will be dependent on your Country's laws. However they are not entitled to what this company is demanding and holding your account as well as mine hostage until they get it. No game is worth risking identity theft or having your credit ruined. 

We all know identity theft is rampant with breeches in security from home computers, small businesses to major corporations across the world. When something like this happens don't give out your personal information. The first course of action would be to contact your bank or credit card company to find out if there is any suspicious activity on your card. The next step would be to call the local police and let them know exactly what has occurred. If you're still uncomfortable and find this to infringe on your privacy and feel your identity and credit is at risk report it to the Federal Trade Commission and Better Business Bureau and put a fraud alert on your credit through the credit reporting agencies.

It's understandable the makers of this game and those who manager our gaming accounts want to protect our accounts from fraudulent activity but remember this is a third party payment processing center asking for your personal information.

There was no provocation for Paymentwall to block the account and flag it as a risk assessment. I’m using the same computer, same internet service provider and the same card for purchases as I have since I started playing this game. There has been no activity on either mine or my husbands accounts other than what we have done ourselves. As much as we love this game we will not risk our identity or credit to make in-game purchases.   

Please click on the link below to read important information from the Federal Trade Commission in regards to Phishing Scams: 

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing

Edited by Anikate
Added a sentence
3 people like this

Posted

I'm inclined to agree.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I just encountered the halted payment message requesting ID and a receipt for using my paypal card which is nonsense for the reasons described in the main post, nevermind the fact they ask for a receipt for a purchase I cannot complete, unless I was missing something when reading their demands. I just sent them an email to just remove the hold and cancel the transaction. Their request is far too invasive and I even sent them examples I've personally encountered with my job with large, heavily secure organizations still getting breached and I'll be damned if I share any level of private information they're asking with a company I never heard of until I played Black Desert.

EDIT: Well they responded tell me me the purchase didn't go through which I already knew but the hold is still keeping me from pursuing any further purchases using any other payment options, and yeah I misread the message earlier about the receipt, it was actually a partially redacted image of your card they want.

Edited by Steakslim
2 people like this

Posted

My account got locked too!

This is what I sent to the GMs in a Ticket.

• Hey, I've been with you guys since beta and gave y'all around $400 so far... thats as much as a lot of copies of GTA 5.. I'm trying to buy more perals from you guys, and your Paymentwall people are being very difficult. They locked my account from payments. I sent them a photo of my ID (and they didn't provide any privacy statements or anything), but I sent it anyway, then they asked for a BDO payment receipt, so I sent them one, now they are saying thats still not good enough and stopped communicating with me.
  • This is jacked up man, you guys need to find a new payment system because I'm not dealing with these people anymore just so I can send money to you folks. Get rid of them or tell them to unflag my account this is bogus man. I'm done fooling around with these people.

I'm not spending anymore -----ing money if I have to put up with this bullshit.

1 person likes this