• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Musa help! (healing and pve skill add-ons)

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I started a Musa when they came out, but swapped to Witch due to heals/grind speed, but dusted off the Musa and want to put him to good use again!

Recently hit 58, ~215 aap/278 dp, 5/5 crit/speed. the issue i'm having is I always see people stating how Musa is in high/top tier PVE, I don't expect witch/wizard, but trying to see how you heal without bringing 500 potions with you. (typical grind session on Witch was 15 hp/0 mana potions and that was for PVP emergencies only, hunted til 100% burden) I'm typically hunting with 120 on the musa for ~35-40 minutes. maybe weight limit increase is what I need the most.

I have ultimate nemesis slash, and can use it in awakened form with the flow, I believe it only heals for upwards of 480. and that's if all 12 hits hit and the mob doesn't die/stays in range/etc?

I'm use to playing witch and nuking and topping off hp/mana with the heal spell, but when I hunt more difficult mobs on my Musa i'm having issues keeping the Health up or versus other players without relying on potions on cooldown. Yes the class works great for pirates, but head to more difficult mobs and not so much. (basilisks, centaurs, pila ku, sulfur road) cadry/gahaz is decent, but the elites/violents/shadows still tear me up.

basically from strictly PvE stand point, what add-ons do you suggest to have the most HP/WP return on commonly used skills while still getting good damage. do I need to come out of awakened and spam divider to maintain health/wp?

the maehwa has a block, that lasts until canceled... I don't, or unsure how the musa block works.

the maehaw has 2 awakened spells with heals, frontal guard, and over 4000% total damage, first one gives 50hp x 3 (3 sec cd), second one gives 100 xp x 6 (25 sec cd).

seems maybe I rolled the wrong class ><

Lastly.. Nouver or Kutum, don't have either, but planning on only purchasing 1 at the time being and kutum is probably easier to purchase. is 210 ap/300dp good or is musa more heavy ap focused and should stack to 225+ w/ nouver?

cheers! happy crosscutting ;).

Posted

use your blocks ez

Posted

If you don't wanna use pots you can divider a full pack of mobs like 3 times and suck back 2000+ hp

Thats about it lol, or get to nemesis slashing

Posted

Seeing as no one is actually giving any real advice, I'll try to help. First off, do not play your musa like you would a witch. You don't heal, you focus on not taking damage. You have a spammable frontal guard when you hit space. When you are grinding slightly tanky mobs, you rotate around them with crosscut, while using your twister when you see something about to hit you. Decent damage + survivability + wp return. Spam it. Next up, do not stand still, even when you use below the belt try to move a bit, the class is very mobile so try to make use of that. At 59, with foul play you have 2 very strong frontal guards back to back that should also help a lot with grinding. If you are going for a strictly pve build then i cannot help you very much on your skill add ons, but I would recommend cross cut hp add on. It may not seem like a lot, but with the amount you spam the skill, it really adds up. I think the main reason you feel like Musa isn't as great is because you are coming from a very powerful class to musa. Musa is considered a good grinding class not because of its sustain, but rather because of its reliable aoe clear speed and chase to get from 1 group to another. Hope this helps.

1 person likes this

Posted

(Party) Elixir of Draining, +3 hp on critical hit. More than enough for sustaining you and you don't need many of them. Aside from that, buff up your attack power with elixirs.
Faster killing = Less mana used per mob/pack. 

(basilisks, centaurs, pila ku, sulfur road) cadry/gahaz is decent, but the elites/violents/shadows still tear me up.

The key to these mobs is Crosscut. Put +20 PVE-AP add-on on it and the attack speed add-on and you're good to go.

Basilisks are easy, they are all melee, you just start spinning around one mob and the rest gathers up on the same spot.

Centaurs, find the archer and start spinning on it, the rest will gather up on the archer's spot because most of them are melee. 

Pila ku is a bit trickier solo, but is managable if you use the same tactic as centaurs.

Sulfur road (if you mean the "lava"-ish place above ancando) is even easier because you just spin them to death.

Of course the above tactics aren't like "this is how you become god in PvE", but only advice.

Buy Special Silver Azaela / Mane Grass (these two are often on MP) and just as much water. Keep like 150-500 in your inventory of each and just craft the pots when you need them. You will get Highly Concentrated Herbal Juice (aka next best ones) and don't have to refine them.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I started a Musa when they came out, but swapped to Witch due to heals/grind speed, but dusted off the Musa and want to put him to good use again!

Recently hit 58, ~215 aap/278 dp, 5/5 crit/speed. the issue i'm having is I always see people stating how Musa is in high/top tier PVE, I don't expect witch/wizard, but trying to see how you heal without bringing 500 potions with you. (typical grind session on Witch was 15 hp/0 mana potions and that was for PVP emergencies only, hunted til 100% burden) I'm typically hunting with 120 on the musa for ~35-40 minutes. maybe weight limit increase is what I need the most.

I have ultimate nemesis slash, and can use it in awakened form with the flow, I believe it only heals for upwards of 480. and that's if all 12 hits hit and the mob doesn't die/stays in range/etc?

I'm use to playing witch and nuking and topping off hp/mana with the heal spell, but when I hunt more difficult mobs on my Musa i'm having issues keeping the Health up or versus other players without relying on potions on cooldown. Yes the class works great for pirates, but head to more difficult mobs and not so much. (basilisks, centaurs, pila ku, sulfur road) cadry/gahaz is decent, but the elites/violents/shadows still tear me up.

basically from strictly PvE stand point, what add-ons do you suggest to have the most HP/WP return on commonly used skills while still getting good damage. do I need to come out of awakened and spam divider to maintain health/wp?

the maehwa has a block, that lasts until canceled... I don't, or unsure how the musa block works.

the maehaw has 2 awakened spells with heals, frontal guard, and over 4000% total damage, first one gives 50hp x 3 (3 sec cd), second one gives 100 xp x 6 (25 sec cd).

seems maybe I rolled the wrong class ><

Lastly.. Nouver or Kutum, don't have either, but planning on only purchasing 1 at the time being and kutum is probably easier to purchase. is 210 ap/300dp good or is musa more heavy ap focused and should stack to 225+ w/ nouver?

cheers! happy crosscutting ;).

our non awakening has the main regen skills which are divider and carver, max divider to Divider V and add the hp addon to it, i heal back upto 3k hp in like 2 secs, but make sure to use it on a large group, carver is our wp regen, it takes stamina and returns wp, you can spam it on large groups as well. in awakening only nemesis slash heals and spinner and below the belt return wp.

the tricky mobs you mentioned, basilisks centaurs sulfur etc, dont get bound which makes most of your attacks do less dmg due to having no down attack.

for musa you ideally want to weave twister in between your sa or block skills it helps you with managing cd and also gives you frontal block (its a 2 sec cd), for our main block in awakening just hold s and you'll block everytime you're hit.

between nouver and kutum, i personally went nouver, may get a kutum in the furutr but i felt i needed more ap.

Edited by Valient

Posted

thanks for all the replies! you are right, I got use to standing still to cast spells as a witch versus the constantly moving, now that I left pirates and tried some of these techniques I see when you move a lot... you get hit a lot less. sounds like common sense, but when you brain dead grind and zone out, you don't realize it I guess.

but I never knew how to use the 's' block or twister and those are nice in certain situations!

Posted

Another tip, key to musa is to always back-chase to their backs, and twister constantly for a block before repositioning.

Posted

Another tip, key to musa is to always back-chase to their backs, and twister constantly for a block before repositioning.

Isn't the block gone in the instant you start chasing?

Posted

Isn't the block gone in the instant you start chasing?

No, i do this vs world bosses all the time, and i see the block proc mid chase. Remember also, if you been hitting mobs for a bit without chasing, the first chase is gonna be an iFrame regardless.

Posted

For mobs with big damage attacks or KD use Q+left click in awakened. It has a longer frontal guard animation.

I tried the HP/WP on hit for crosscut and it was balls. Use reapers or draining for 0hp pot grinds. For WP you want to keep twister on the 2s CD. It only gives WP when CD is available. Use it often. If you really need WP spinner is pretty much full bar.

20pve damage +10% attack speed on crosscut is mandatory for pve. 

My inventory is usually 50-80 HP XL and 300+ WP large for 1-2 hrs of grinding. Which, I only really carry the HP pots in case of PvP. 

Divider is more of oh shit I need HP.  But you can easily just press S, auto block and wait for pots/nemesis. I never really take damage from grinding anymore at 280dp(using kutum)

I did also do 6hp/hit on below the belt, that was an okay ~200hp heal when hitting a  group on a low cd. Fun for PvP when I used it. 

Posted

People have already mentioned using twister (space), block+knockback (Q+LMB), rotating around your mob w/ crosscut or backward chase, targeting ranged mobs first, etc. All very good advice.

I personally have Divider maxed with the +hp and +wp addon as an emergency during PvE. I only really use nemesis on a group of mobs and never while face tanking them since the skill provides no protection. Bringing a lot of wp pots is inevitable as a musa if you're looking for xp efficiency. Our chase is one of the main reasons we are good at grinding and moving from mob to mob will eat up more of your mana than actually killing the mobs (at least with higher gear). Use herbal if you can for less weight. Throwing in spinner when off cd will also help reduce mana drain. If you're looking strictly for sustainability, then go ahead use 2 extraction gems on the weapon. They'll reduce your mana consumption rate by at least half.

Lastly, I would recommend Kutum for PvE. It has more dp so you'll be able to tank mobs better, allowing you to ignore some damage. Personally I also feel like it has more monster accuracy. I can visibility see the dmg I'm doing better and predetermined how much more dmg I need to dish out before I can dash away. While with nouver I sometimes leave a mob with a bit of health left or I straight up over kill.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0