• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are people's thoughts on the new voice packs?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

So I was playing around with the new voice packs and while some of them sounded interesting it seems like all of the voices by in large were a bunch of monosyllabic unintelligible grunts or screams which didn't really hold up in quality to the original voices.  Like I founds some cool voices that seemed interesting on some sound effects but others in the same voice pack sounded cringe worthy.  like some of the famale voices when you first start riding your horse the "giddy up horsie" sounds were these odd sounding grunts or screams that sounded incredibly awkward or wierd/out of place.  Some even sounded like the character was having a siezure or throwing a tantrum. 

The other annoying thing was that the "preview" sounds in the character customizer were very limited and strange and didn't seem to give an accurate depiction of the voice. 

But then again I could just be being a nit picky bastard.  What are your thoughts on the new voices?

Posted

Cant even hear other players using them, useless feature

1 person likes this

Posted

My maewha sounds like Link.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like it, just wish we could hear each other.

Posted

I don't even know which ones are new?

Posted

A complete waste of developer and actor time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mostly sounds like sex noises.

Posted

Mostly sounds like sex noises.

^^ LOL  I KNOW RIGHT?!!  especially when kicking your horse into a run. 

Posted

Really dislike the way it only shows you the emote sounds, not the combat sounds. Accidentally gave my tamer a voice deeper than schwarzenegger and when she falls off a horse she sounds like an old man wheezing to death. 

I don't have any problems with the voices they gave, but they really need to show how they actually sound in the beauty shop.

Posted

Yeah.

If you want to try them a bit further you can select the voice, then go to the actions menu (still on the editor) and make the character do the other emotes, such as the three combat ones.

But it's still incomplete as the character makes very little sound and you end up not knowing exactly what you're choosing. And yes, I also noticed that the sound is incoherent even in the same voice. Some actions actually sound ok or appealing, but then there's one in which you get a grunt. I think it's 5 or 6, for instance, that the female voice is quite "cuddly" (if one can define a voice as cuddly) but if you choose the emote she rejects/says no to something it comes out as an orc growling.

Posted

^^ LOL  I KNOW RIGHT?!!  especially when kicking your horse into a run. 

When you go afk at storage guy and a Sorc starts grinding flour....and you've got your volume turned up :x

Posted

These r one of the parts where bdo falls short, just like in questing when npcs r not synced with what they say (or mayb i ask for too much)

Posted

I made a valk with a super deep voice and named her Gronkhilde...  I'm happy with the result!

Posted

What voice pack.

Posted

i tested them for few days and in the end i got bk to my default warrior voice, all these new voices are sounding like a mad screaming asian  warrior, even when they pull out the wep they scream... i mean ok i like to hear some roars... but rly? this is to much for me.

Posted

I think it was pointless considering it's only client side.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0