• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No. Games that ignore their customers die. Every time.

63 posts in this topic

Posted

Why is Final Fantasy 14 listed in your first issue? The first iteration of it failed, yes, but they fixed the game and relaunched it to critical success. It's the second biggest MMO next to WoW and it's actually thriving with a new expansion due out this year.

True! I was using it as an example as its first iteration WAS a failure. The second iteration was a massive SUCCESS as they took a lot a feedback and stepped up their game in all aspects

Posted (edited)

Final fantasy a realm reborn is not only popular, but its community is generally happy! :)

It fills its own niche and rocks it big time. You should see the housing in that game, holy moly. Also the PVE is best in class and no desync! It doesnt have pvp. Oh wait it does have PVP and its actually pretty good too! SURPRISE! other games do exist!

FF online games are garbage also you shouldn't be advertising another game in the forums.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted

FF online games are garbage also you shouldn't be advertising another game in the forums, reported.

You're garbage. Reported.

1 person likes this

Posted

Those games you mentioned were all struggling when they did that. They are not very popular anymore and for good reasons.

Some obvious and perhaps hated examples of successful MMO's are World of Warcraft, EVE,  and Final Fantasy 11. All have been around for an eternity with fairly consistent numbers without changing the model.'

Fun Fact: Final Fantasy 11 was so popular that players bought expansion packs for their PS2 to play it on the console. Which litterally just shut down last year.

I'd like to point out that EvE did change its business model when they opened the cosmetic cash shop.  PLEX was fine and affordable to those that didn't want to pay a sub.  Not so after that.  It killed the game for me and I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Posted

You're garbage. Reported.

how old are you? Nvm I don't even want to know.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It is very dangerous to listen to the forum community and apply their feedback to the game. There are very few points that the community can actually agree on.

personally i can point only one: potato servers.

Edited by Isteria
2 people like this

Posted

I guess the favorite MMO of the op is losing players thx BDO, hes posting 4-5 moan topics /day

1 person likes this

Posted

how old are you? Nvm I don't even want to know.

Ah, kids these days. When you get to be my age maybe you'll stop being a douche over the internet. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong. No need to be a ----- to people over stupid things.

Posted

FF online games are garbage also you shouldn't be advertising another game in the forums.

This guy is so fargone that when someone brings up another game in the discussion he freaks out. Interesting. I think BDO does weird things to people's minds.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Gameforge's aion is still a live, so is Archeage. Skyforge just released their ps4 version, and you will still be here happier than ever for some time.

giphy.gif

Edited by Beeso

Posted

Yeah I hate games that listing to every whiny little scrub. These scrubs ruin games for the majority >.> 

Posted

Gameforge's aion is still a live, so is Archeage. Skyforge just released their ps4 version, and you will still be here happier than ever for some time.

giphy.gif

LOL Gameforge is literally the worst publisher EVER :D they ruined each and every game they released or bought and implemented hilarious upgrade systems and cash shops. Not to mention they did ban people without reason to lift the ban for a 50$ fee repeatedly and hired Gold Seller Companies to cooperate with them and milk the playerbase even more ! (proven fact, even went to court) 

Posted (edited)

Ah, kids these days. When you get to be my age maybe you'll stop being a douche over the internet. The guy wasn't doing anything wrong. No need to be a ----- to people over stupid things.

adverising another game enticing them to play it in a different titles forum is doing something wrong, and I'm guessing you've never had moderating experience in a forum belonging to a game company. Also trust me I'm way older then you, not even something I need to prove, as my pics of me and my wife are easy to find if you use discord, Facebook, instagram, twitter or Google+ at all.

Edited by Excisionex

Posted

adverising another game enticing them to play it in a different titles forum is doing something wrong, and I'm guessing you've never had moderating experience in a forum belonging to a game company. Also trust me I'm way older then you, not even something I need to prove, as my pics of me and my wife are easy to find if you use discord at all.

Watch out guys we have a forum vigilante on the loose! 

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL Gameforge is literally the worst publisher EVER :D

Well that is precisely why they are a good example.

Posted

"Rangers and Wizards are quitting the game!" - Posted in March 2016

"Desync is killing this game!" - Posted in April 2016

"Hackers are killing this game!" - Posted in April 2016

"People defending the game are forcing people to quit!" - Posted in June 2016

"Lack of balance is killing this game!" - Posted in June 2016

"People playing the game, are killing the game!" - Posted in June 2016

"Treant costume is killing PvP and this game!" - Posted in July 2016

"I'm quitting this dying game!" - Posted in August 2016

"My terrible internet is killing this game!" - Posted in March 2016

So according to BDO's very own Buzzfeed, this game has been dying since March 2016. According to Kakao's revenue however, $15 million in Q1, $30 million in Q2, $24.7 million in Q3 and $29 million in Q4. Very odd that these numbers aren't much much lower. :) 

7 people like this

Posted

this again?
@CM_Aethon please close this thread, this has been discussed so many times
and there are already a lot of topics like this

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So according to BDO's very own Buzzfeed, this game has been dying since March 2016. According to Kakao's revenue however, $15 million in Q1, $30 million in Q2, $24.7 million in Q3 and $29 million in Q4. Very odd that these numbers aren't much much lower. :) 

Pretty much true on every aspect. Rare enough I share your opinion. 
Still it's not about how bad (~ ~) it is, but how much room for improvement is left :)
The goal is always to get the best possible result in every aspect of service, performance & co.  

Edited by BloodyPleasure
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Gamescom is killing the game" - http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137510-gamescom-such-a-disaster-that-only-1-video-still-remains-on-the-internet/&do=findComment&comment=1902428 

"Hosting company is killing the game" - http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/137488-did-kakao-choose-the-wrong-server-host-company/&do=findComment&comment=1902090 

"Zerging is killing the game" - http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/136925-an-idea-about-guild-sizes-from-other-games/ 

"Whales are killing the game" - http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/136998-dear-black-desert-nows-the-time-to-add-something-really-pay2win/ 

Edited by Isteria
2 people like this

Posted

didn't korea just have their 2 year anniversary in December O.o don't know where you got 6 years or more from. Also NA/EU is only a little bit over a year old, we just had our 1 year anniversary last month.

I have played Korean Alpha and Beta, that was gigantic difficoult i don't understand their lang..

Posted

Well you are mostly not wrong. Except maybe on point 3 cuz Aion, for example, got a huge population boost when it went F2P with P2W cash shop.

Ofc after how hard NCsoft drove the game into the ground pretty much any major change would have been beneficial.

you know it died even quicker after some time?

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCDd7N6rQGE

^Still popping since 2007. Successful MMO. How can you hate it?

So, first, FFXI is 2005 in europe/US (and 2003 in japan)

Second, MANY old player of FFXI left the game when it became casual (with level cap raise from 75 to 99) so they didnt listen their community.

Third, there is in this game bug mechanics that devs prefered said "it is good to use it" than repair (gearswaaaapping)

Fourth, same dev director than FFXIV v1 that was... a -----ing epic fails (during v1 and for 2.0 the whole team did change, dev director first)

FFXI is a good game, not as successfull that it can looks today. (and btw, FFXI is living his last days, SE offically announced the end of the work on it)

For the "community needs to be hear", i love those topics. i read the same on nearly all MMORPG (even on FFXIV where  it is hard to thinki we are not listen...) And even more fun when most people today hate on World of Warcraft came... because... COMMUNITY ASKED FOR IT! "to casual" people asked for "class are more the same than before" people did ask it. 

BdO is not on top for listening people, it is true, but they hear us really more than many other games. You said some MMORPG that failed. Like... Warhammer? that was sold as a game with great PvP (...) and a good PvE... WHERE WAS THE PVE? There was some lies. and not a "kamasilvya will be there for march" and finally not.. .an entire part of the game was a lie (the PvE). And the game had some short good side and so many bad... 

BDO get somme matter (mainly desync and botting) ,and matter that only some people things they are matters. The first MUST BE adressed (but not so easy sometime than people thinks), others, it need to be discussed. Dont forget the fact that people speaks about what they dislike not what they like. You can have 10 people wanting anything change on forum, only 3 that want it to stay, on forum... and in game, only 20% wants it to change. A forum represent... NOTHING of the community

Posted

Topics started by Frostfire2k should be immediately closed at this point. 9.gif 

2 people like this

Posted

you know it died even quicker after some time?

The way NCsoft handled the server merges and then implementing the 100% manastone supplements (undeniable p2w in my and many others oppinion) was kinda the game equalent of critical heart failure. NCsoft tought it best to bail then ofc and just dumped the game at some shady private practice doktor (Gameforge) and they got the game back up in numbers for a short while at least.

Ofc Gameforge didnt rly do anything better than NCsoft had done. Support and updates who where slow before almost crawled to a halt. However Gameforge didnt rly hide their p2w agenda so cant rly blame them for killing the game when it was dead when they bought it. I enjoyed the short-lived f2p time at least.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Honestly, has every post you've made over the last few days just been complaining about the game?

Final fantasy a realm reborn is not only popular, but its community is generally happy! :)

It fills its own niche and rocks it big time. You should see the housing in that game, holy moly. Also the PVE is best in class and no desync! It doesnt have pvp. Oh wait it does have PVP and its actually pretty good too! SURPRISE! other games do exist!

People say BDO is not comparable to other mmos, so you literally find another game you believe is comparable and give reasons why it's better. A game which you initially stated was dying/dead in your first post... So why are you not playing that game and instead here, complaining every single day about bdo? It's impossible to take you seriously when all you do is spam post after post about things you clearly haven't even researched well. The gamescon post for example was just an embarrassment. Even if you had good points, people who have seen the level of spam and posts like the aforementioned one will just write your posts off as nonsense.

Watch out guys we have a forum vigilante on the loose! 

Again, making it impossible to take you seriously. If these forums were moderated properly, many of your posts would of been closed/deleted by now and rightfully so.

Edited by Kaythulu
3 people like this