• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Battle of Western Guard Camp - An advanced GvG ruleset

56 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Battle of Western Guard Camp

the idea is to create a pvp enviroment next to sieges and nodewars, next to organized GvGs, something people can get used to. 
guilds can also practice the fighting part of sieges and nodewars properly by learning how to move raids, to react when they meet the enemy raid. they can learn how to send out scouts to find their opponnent etc. in normal GvGs its necessary to have fixed numbers because guilds just fight each other heads up. a guild bringing 90 people will eventually win against a guild that brings 60. thats different in the clash of western guardcamp. you have choke points you can bait your opponent into, you can try to outmaneuver your enemy, make the large zerg spread out and outplay them. beat them by showing organization and proper raiding skills. and the best part is: no danger of a sudden teleport to destroy a mainbuilding in 30sec. 

organized gvgs with fixed numbers may be entertaining for a couple of fights, but get boring super fast. on top of that, its no practice for sieges and nodewars at all. the biggest difficulty in sieges is to move your raid from point A to point B without having too many slackers, and to be ready to fight the moment you reach your destination. to catch your opponent offguard is 10 times more important than having organized zerker ultimates getting chained spot on with blackholes and wizard ults. 
so, I was thinking about some bigger event. at first I just thought about a one or two time thing to entertain our members, but now, Im considering making it an ongoing server event.

western_guardcamp_clash.thumb.jpg.547f6e

two guilds fight each other. one starts south near dim tree spawn (I guess you can assume: its the big 1 on the map), the other guild starts north.
I choose that location because it has alot of nodes for possible respawns, but also the save town respawn in western guardcamp. its parted by a river. it has some interesting spots: like bridges, or the goblin cave. its not arround a major city to have better fps. there are like no mobs whatsoever, except lvl 5 weasels and shit. also, the red circle area is pretty straight forward. the northern border is the ocean, in west you have karanda ridge, south east the hills of sheep mountain. only northwest and northeast are not so easy to handle, but there is no better location imo. I didnt wanna cut out the river and use it as another border because I dont wanna miss bridge fights. western guardcamp has three exits, so its pretty impossible to camp a guild inside it. also, no stupid mountain fights. 

Rules

•  the guildleaders call ready and the battle starts
  •  both guilds are free to move whereever they want inside the red circle
  •  both guilds can freely choose to respawn at node or town
  •  no fixed numbers, guilds bring as many as they want
  •  all buffs and elixirs allowed - villas, housing buffs etc.
  •  spawn camping allowed
  •  no timeouts
  •  15min break after first round. guilds swap starting positions and raidleaders can talk tactic and strategy and what to improve
  •  overall fighting time: 90min. 2x 45min
  •  its not allowed to stay in safe zone for more than 3min
  •  no ghillies
  •  guilds are allowed to add new members during the fight
  • no elions tears! no elions blessings!

Win conditions

1. the first guild to score 1000 kills according to the open world GvG, that obviously has to be declared, wins
  2. a guild that surrendered lost..........................
  3. the fight ends after 90min. if no guild hit 1k kills, the guild with more kills simply wins.
  4. if no guild is 51 or more kills ahead when time runs out, the fight ends in a draw. this rule doesnt apply to a 1000 kills victory

example: 

• guild A scored 1000 kills when guild B has scored 999. guild A wins. 
  • if after 90min, guild A has scored 650 kills and guild B has scored 600 kills, the fight ends in a draw

to enforce these rules, the guildleaders need to behave with respect and properly, act fair and show real sportsmanship. I know most guildleaders from podcast and know they are all mature enough to do that. 

Media

So far we had Addicted and Oldskool testing this ruleset. thx for that my dear friends!

two short videos of that fight (linking doesnt work, no clue why)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs1_G7XB1Ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO4QFRMxK24 

Guilds participating

Enemy

Sovereign

Addicted

Oldskool

LuxArcana

sinnfrei

Morghulis

Ragnarok

guildleaders can send me a PM on forum and I will add their guild to the list

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Battles

Addicted vs. Oldskool

Addicted vs. Enemy

Oldskool vs. Ragnarok

Enemy vs. Oldskool

Streams & YouTube

https://www.twitch.tv/djulestv   ;   https://www.twitch.tv/ctrlaltdeltv   ;   https://www.twitch.tv/mrshackelberry 

(if you want me to add your stream/youtube channel, let me know)

I have alot of ideas for the future:

• a ladder and a proper elo system when enough guilds participate activly
  • events like 2v2 tournaments, 1v1v1 FFAs etc.
  • neutral persons as referees
  • allstar events when the best players of all guilds join two fresh guilds to fight each other (i know, its getting out of hand....)
  • a system so guilds can challenge others that are forced to fight them (most likely only in ladderfights)
  • a handicap system to make fights more balanced and have a bigger variety of fights and encourage more guilds to join the battle (most likely mandatory in ladder, optional in practice fights)
  • change of scenery (for example fights arround trent etc.)

Edited by Julianiscomplaining
22 people like this

Posted

Can I bring an Ally?

7 people like this

Posted

I hope we can make this a real ongoing thing with a league :D

2 people like this

Posted

Very nice concept, we enjoyed it alot. Thanks to Oldskool and <Addicted> Djules for this <3.

See you on thursday!

2 people like this

Posted

I had "traditional" organized GvG since the very start of the game and I have to say, after trying this, I have very little interest in going back to that! 

This is just a better way to GvG and I recommend every PvP guild to try this out.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I hope we can make this a real ongoing thing with a league :D

Lets make few leagues depending on attendance and throw addicted into 95+ league alone, just in case they would actually get pvp now.

Edited by Matys
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What title can we claim here?

I already have Zergling, Mansha, and Conqueror of Serendia ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Edit: Jokes aside, the idea looks decent.

I like it

Edited by Jylin

Posted

Can wait to try this out on Thursday seems like a much better alternative to traditional gvgs 

Posted

I really like this idea, would love to try it out sometime. Good job Julian 

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand why this could be fun for the 4 guilds participating, but there's really no point for smaller guilds to participate when we can go to T2s and have awesome fights against guilds on our own level

Posted

And u cant do both ? If u like pvp every attempt like this should get a "gg exilium" award.

BTW who said only top guild can participate? It depends on you who u bring ;) and when, and to what fight...

Posted (edited)

And u cant do both ? If u like pvp every attempt like this should get a "gg exilium" award.

BTW who said only top guild can participate? It depends on you who u bring ;) and when, and to what fight...

Because:

1. Most smaller guilds don't look to do PvP related activities every day

2. If a smaller guild wants PvP on a thursday, there's a plethora of T1 and T2 nodes to choose from

3. Smaller guilds learn a lot more from doing node wars against guilds on their own level

4. Smaller guilds would get destroyed when going against top guilds, and that's simply no fun

Again, I understand why this could be fun for the top PvP guilds, but I wouldn't expect many, if any, smaller guilds wanting to participate. You know why T2s most commonly have better fights than T3s? Because of the risk for smaller guilds of getting stomped by a top guild, which is simply no fun

Edited by Hennyman

Posted

Yeah, because Jules totally said that every guild has to fight Addicted or Enemy or Oldskool or Sovereign.

It's not like you can fight guilds in your class when they want to.

Posted

Yeah, because Jules totally said that every guild has to fight Addicted or Enemy or Oldskool or Sovereign.

It's not like you can fight guilds in your class when they want to.

What? They can actually use the idea and instead of doing random gvg with guild on ther level use this format to have more fun?!!!!??! What?!!?!?!? Impossible

Posted

Thank you guys for being so awesome at receiving my input, now I totally want to encourage my guildies to participate!

Posted

Holy shit stop being a ----- ffs. It's just that nobody said you have to fight these guilds. 

Posted

-Let me present you new IPhone 8, its going to revolutionize smartphones.
-It doesn't cook my meals, IT SUCKS.
-Its phone not microwave.
-Wow, not even taking costumer input, you suck.

1 person likes this

Posted

I understand why this could be fun for the 4 guilds participating, but there's really no point for smaller guilds to participate when we can go to T2s and have awesome fights against guilds on our own level

So you are saying all t2 nodewars are -----ing awesome?

I've done some t1 and t2 and they where -----ing boring to death.

Posted

So you are saying all t2 nodewars are -----ing awesome?
I've done some t1 and t2 and they where -----ing boring to death.

No, obviously there will be boring node wars, but there's enough awesome fights that we don't need to seek out PvP in other setups, which seems to be really -----ing hard for the top PvP guilds to understand, so I'm done trying to get my points across

2 people like this

Posted

Man, the thing is someone is trying to create a new opportunity to pvp and u just say "no no no i dont want to be kiked by "better" guilds". this is hilarious... if u dont want to pvp, dont participate. if u want to... u r free to do so. easy as that, i bet u will ALWAYS find opponents with simillar concepts as u if u manage to try to look for them. 

This is my first game when i see so many ppl just whining about someone kiking their butts... grow some balls plz. its like u watch football and best teams meet some "so so" one and that team would say - we dont want to play vs u, u have ronaldo! lol

Have u seen how vos won vs sov? there is always a way.

2 people like this

Posted

Good Job DJules.

Posted (edited)

Man, the thing is someone is trying to create a new opportunity to pvp and u just say "no no no i dont want to be kiked by "better" guilds". this is hilarious... if u dont want to pvp, dont participate. if u want to... u r free to do so. easy as that, i bet u will ALWAYS find opponents with simillar concepts as u if u manage to try to look for them. 

This is my first game when i see so many ppl just whining about someone kiking their butts... grow some balls plz. its like u watch football and best teams meet some "so so" one and that team would say - we dont want to play vs u, u have ronaldo! lol

Have u seen how vos won vs sov? there is always a way.

Football team 1 plays once per week in league 1, the rest of the week is free for training and doing whatever else.

Most league 2 football teams plays at least 3 times per week. They also have to fit training and everything else in a week's time frame, just like team 1.

Football team 1 propose to have free challenges during the week. One of the busier football teams says it's a nice idea but it won't have time to participate since they already have a lot of matches in league 2 and if they come they will be pit against league 1 anyway since that's the league with most free time.

Football team 1 gets mad.

Edited by WeaselPaw
2 people like this

Posted

Football team 1 plays once per week in league 1, the rest of the week is free for training and doing whatever else.

Most league 2 football teams plays at least 3 times per week. They also have to fit training and everything else in a week's time frame, just like team 1.

Football team 1 propose to have free challenges during the week. One of the busier football teams says it's a nice idea but it won't have time to participate since they already have a lot of matches in league 2 and if they come they will be pit against league 1 anyway since that's the league with most free time.

Football team 1 gets mad. 

All i see is Football team 1 telling football team 2 that the format is fun and they can try it versus footbal team 3 or vs any other team they want. 

Posted (edited)

All i see is Football team 1 telling football team 2 that the format is fun and they can try it versus footbal team 3 or vs any other team they want. 

And he said that those teams 2 and 3 probably won't have the time to experience it, leaving the only choice for team 4 to face team 1. Which may be fun once in a while but probably less than doing what they usually do the rest of the week.

But whatever, it's not even an argument but an observation that most guilds already have multiple mandatory pvp evenings each week which makes participation in another guild wide event harder. Don't know why you are focusing on the power level argument.

And yes, it seems fun.

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

I see an excellent idea/format, destroyed by people who can't understand the premise of a good brawl, let alone the comparison talk about round-ball.

When the time is right, participation shal be made!