• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Battle of Western Guard Camp - An advanced GvG ruleset

56 posts in this topic

Posted

OSEF vs Addicted, make it happen pls. 

Posted

I see an excellent idea/format, destroyed by people who can't understand the premise of a good brawl, let alone the comparison talk about round-ball.

Or you are over reacting.

Posted

I think this is at least worth a go.  Even node wars can get a bit samey day in day out, this you dont need to worry about forts, hwachas, supply depots, just a bit of pure pvp and practice.

Posted

LuxArcana has been added. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds fun, good job man, i will let my guild know xD 

Posted

Looking forward to more of these

Posted

Too bad I have no guild ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

Too bad I have no guild ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And no hebetate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

Posted

Today I had the honour to be part of a great GvG against Enemy. The battle was a blast, it is always fun to fight my old guild-members and it mainly went according to the advanced ruleset of this thread. 

I have included the highlights from my own perspective, last time we pulled a little bit short but today we did much better.

Here is a link to the video:

9 people like this

Posted

Do you have a computer from the nasa ? :o

Posted (edited)

did you guys retract and redeclare? or just photoshop?

anyway, i think yesterdays fight was just a big mess.. 

this ruleset would be much more fun with way less people - 40v40 for example, because this pretty much favours the guild with more numbers - where we (enemy) go in addicted and try to get some kills but they were just too many to get rid of them, the ones that die could just simply spawn at node (considering the amount of nodes there was in that area...) and join back the fight like nothing happened. spawning at node wasn't an option for us really, finding 15 addicted waiting for you at the node. 

preventing spawning at nodes could make a really big difference, imo we should only be able to spawn at town

Edited by Lyaah

Posted

preventing spawning at nodes could make a really big difference, imo we should only be able to spawn at town

thats not possible since you cant enforce that rule.

overall a good fight but somehow demotivating because we can never win an engage because of respawn. a guild that gets outnumbered has to engage, kill as many, and respawn in town to regroup and move out again. 

therefore, im still up to apply a handicap system. 

----------------

another rule has been added:

- no pearling! 

Posted

did you just reset the war score xdd

Posted (edited)

did you just reset the war score xdd

No its photoshopped, it was the sum of the score in the end.

Edited by Judaism

Posted

And no hebetate ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

A man prefers not having hebetate than having to dodge another man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

Posted

I also think we lost a lot of motivation at the end. The starting phase was quite nice for us overall with even a slight lead after the bridge phase.

We should have avoided the open field fights where the odds were obviously way too stacked against us and keep motivation up. Won't comment on pearling or whatever as i wasn't really checking, but i guess more clarity on how to deal with the respawns will be useful in the future.

Posted

A man prefers not having hebetate than having to dodge another man ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hebetate is over rated anyway. i mean, enemies can't hit you if you're dead :^)

Posted

hebetate is over rated anyway. i mean, enemies can't hit you if you're dead :^)

Exacly, I get a lot of whispers "Matys how are you doing this" "matys how are we not able to hit you" "Matys what is your dp" "Wtf evasion god" "I want your son to be like you" and I tell them those simple words "if you are dead, enemies can't hit you"

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey i am officer from Sinnfrei,

nice idea sounds like a great way to practice against the top guilds europe, just count us in.

Edited by Eiwei
1 person likes this

Posted

Feel free to add us @Julianiscomplaining

But we won't be able to participate in the next couple weeks. Got a busy schedule!

3 people like this

Posted

two guilds have been added. 

Posted

We are looking for an opponent for Thursday 13.04.2017, if any guild is interested let me know.

Posted

- a list of recent matches has been added 

- new section "streams & youtube" in topic: if you want me to list your stream or youtube channel that provides footage of western guardcamp fights, let me know and i will add you.

- ragnarok has been added to the participants since they picked up a fight against oldskool

we still need more guilds. i know its a busy nodewar week but maybe some guilds can join the clash next week.

enemy and oldskool will pickup a fight tonight. 

Posted (edited)

@Julianiscomplaining

You are Welcome to add my stream 

Twitch.tv/mrshackelberry 

Also have a vod from the recent fight vs ragnarok, but on phone atm so cant Really locate it

EDIT: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136866806 - placeholder link for Oldskool vs Ragnarok, the youtube export is in the proces at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvX3NfYQTC4

Edited by Shackel

Posted

So Enemy vs Oldskool tonight. I'll be watching that for sure, goodluck to both sides in advance already.