• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Low FPS with pretty good computer

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi :)

So thats my computer:

Processor Intel Core i5-6400, 2.7GHz

Graphic Card Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 4GB 

8GB RAM

Win10 64 bit

Not bad,right? It fulfills minimum and almost reccomended requirements of BDO and even on the smallest graphic settings i had only 30 fps and it drops all time.

I have already checked my drivers, they are updated,

I have Direcx12. 

What's the problem?Please help.

(Sorry if there are some mistakes, my english is still not prefect :D)

Posted

Your CPU is kind of shit for MMO's the speed is to slow for the processing this game requires. BDO is CPU intensive so with a mid tier CPU like that your going to get mid tier fps. Not to mention your PC is not pretty good by any standards now a days. At best id say its a little above a low tier gaming rig. Running a I7-5820k and 980ti I get 60 fps outside of towns and 30 in. This game is absolute shittly optimiezed.

Posted

Your CPU is kind of shit for MMO's the speed is to slow for the processing this game requires. BDO is CPU intensive so with a mid tier CPU like that your going to get mid tier fps. Not to mention your PC is not pretty good by any standards now a days. At best id say its a little above a low tier gaming rig. Running a I7-5820k and 980ti I get 60 fps outside of towns and 30 in. This game is absolute shittly optimiezed.

So the only solution is to change processor?

Posted (edited)

So the only solution is to change processor?

No. Dont listen to these kind of advice. The low FPS and constant drop/stutter is due to something else. This game was running fine, before the server merge atleast. As a returning player, the game has allmost become unplayable. 20-30 fps in town. Dropping to 4-8 constantly. When i had steady 30 before i quit last time. Iv been searching for a solution to this for a while. My guess is, its overrun servers, and techs who are clueless to what they should do to improve the situation.

Marketplace lag. If you are travelling far. Constant stutter and lag. Bots, huge number of afk fishers in town, insane numbers of people on the marketplace etc. Server issue is my guess. 

Edited by Hypogonadism
1 person likes this

Posted

Same fps problem with a i7 6700k @ 4.4ghz + ssd samsung evo 850 + gigabyte 1070 + 16gb ddr4

Posted

Same fps problem with a i7 6700k @ 4.4ghz + ssd samsung evo 850 + gigabyte 1070 + 16gb ddr4

I'm running a fairly similar setup to yours... and I run max graphics on 2k except nodes and bosses... and stay around 55 fps (towns around 30 but not much you can do in heidel...) It took me forever to tweak my settings the way I wanted and I had to dig for information relevant to my build, but I literally have no issues with FPS, lag yes, when the servers crack out. I mean I can drop it to 1080p and go nuts with the FPS, but it looks crappy on a 2k monitor. I'm sure the game is not optimized properly, but with a build like yours you can probably squeeze the FPS out of it.

Posted

I'm running a fairly similar setup to yours... and I run max graphics on 2k except nodes and bosses... and stay around 55 fps (towns around 30 but not much you can do in heidel...) It took me forever to tweak my settings the way I wanted and I had to dig for information relevant to my build, but I literally have no issues with FPS, lag yes, when the servers crack out. I mean I can drop it to 1080p and go nuts with the FPS, but it looks crappy on a 2k monitor. I'm sure the game is not optimized properly, but with a build like yours you can probably squeeze the FPS out of it.

I've made tons of tweaks and I got improvements, but still making me bad this performance with a 1300€ setup.

Posted

I've made tons of tweaks and I got improvements, but still making me bad this performance with a 1300€ setup.

Yah sounds like you have something not jiving well together, but it could be anything, that's the problem lol. The two biggest increases I got were stopping windows from maxing at 30fps on the desktop so I could play in windowed borderless, and wiping out all remnants of MSI Afterburner... It did not mesh with my GPU's software, even when it wasn't supposed to be doing anything. Beyond that it was things specific to my hardware, killing GPU scaling and tessellation and finally getting a compromise between the game and my GPU for AA that didn't send them into battle every time I logged in. It's a never ending process when you build your own rigs lol.

Posted

Yah sounds like you have something not jiving well together, but it could be anything, that's the problem lol. The two biggest increases I got were stopping windows from maxing at 30fps on the desktop so I could play in windowed borderless, and wiping out all remnants of MSI Afterburner... It did not mesh with my GPU's software, even when it wasn't supposed to be doing anything. Beyond that it was things specific to my hardware, killing GPU scaling and tessellation and finally getting a compromise between the game and my GPU for AA that didn't send them into battle every time I logged in. It's a never ending process when you build your own rigs lol.

I want to play like this guy https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtySteamyUdonKeyboardCat but seems impossible.

Posted

I want to play like this guy https://clips.twitch.tv/DirtySteamyUdonKeyboardCat but seems impossible.

Yah that's gonna be impossible with our kinda machines lol. I can run bosses with effects on if I dont use names as well, even then the frames go stupid when 19 wizards and a ranger show up to kill the boss. Even if I could have that much crap on my screen at once, I wouldn't want it I don't believe... Cant see anything going on lol.

Posted

Yah that's gonna be impossible with our kinda machines lol. I can run bosses with effects on if I dont use names as well, even then the frames go stupid when 19 wizards and a ranger show up to kill the boss. Even if I could have that much crap on my screen at once, I wouldn't want it I don't believe... Cant see anything going on lol.

Thats how smooth this game was back in 2015/16. Before the server merge. No problem on a much weaker build. All this tweaking and shit wasnt necessary. Big cities was still a fps drop, but was very playable. Now it really isnt. 

" It's a never ending process when you build your own rigs lol." - Shouldnt be relevant.

Posted

No. Dont listen to these kind of advice. The low FPS and constant drop/stutter is due to something else. This game was running fine, before the server merge atleast. As a returning player, the game has allmost become unplayable. 20-30 fps in town. Dropping to 4-8 constantly. When i had steady 30 before i quit last time. Iv been searching for a solution to this for a while. My guess is, its overrun servers, and techs who are clueless to what they should do to improve the situation.

Marketplace lag. If you are travelling far. Constant stutter and lag. Bots, huge number of afk fishers in town, insane numbers of people on the marketplace etc. Server issue is my guess. 

In fact in town things get worse but still even outside it fps drops and graphic on full is nothing amazing. Dunno if it's fault of my monitor which is old. I think it should looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oo33mR-dE&t=269s but it's probably impossible for my pc.

Posted

Thats how smooth this game was back in 2015/16. Before the server merge. No problem on a much weaker build. All this tweaking and shit wasnt necessary. Big cities was still a fps drop, but was very playable. Now it really isnt. 

" It's a never ending process when you build your own rigs lol." - Shouldnt be relevant.

Yah I've played since beta, it was smoother, no question. My statement was blanket, should have clarified that. I mean't more the fact that something is going to mess up or be messed up in some game or program you use fairly consistently, if you can't fix it at the source on your end but you aren't willing to quit, the only other options are live with it or hunt for a fix in the meantime on your end.

Posted

Bad game optimisation

How the engine works: Game running smoothly with 60fps while you are 1000m away from any town. Engine is happy with that single core from CPU and using most of the GPU power.

Then you get into the city, and game engine request from CPU that core frequency jump to 12GHz. CPU be like: uuuuuhm no, but I can offer you more cores and threads. Engine replys: I want 12GHz single core stat!. CPU can't deliver it and engine is mad, so it gives you 20fps instead of 60.

Meanwhile you can hear GPU screaming: why doesn't anyone use me? Now API replys: Engine doesn't let me, because he didn't get those 12GHz power and is now crying in the corner, not willing to do anything.

That's how ti works.

1 person likes this

Posted

In fact in town things get worse but still even outside it fps drops and graphic on full is nothing amazing. Dunno if it's fault of my monitor which is old. I think it should looks like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oo33mR-dE&t=269s but it's probably impossible for my pc.

Yup. Even alone in the wilderness, i get this stupid stutter and fps drop. Travelling fast on a horse is a nightmare, and the horse actually just hangs for a few seconds sometimes. Outside cities. Your monitor shouldt be relevant. And your linked video, is exactly how it was before. After i returned its like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Khr3xIHQZ0

Bad game optimisation

How the engine works: Game running smoothly with 60fps while you are 1000m away from any town. Engine is happy with that single core from CPU and using most of the GPU power.

Then you get into the city, and game engine request from CPU that core frequency jump to 12GHz. CPU be like: uuuuuhm no, but I can offer you more cores and threads. Engine replys: I want 12GHz single core stat!. CPU can't deliver it and engine is mad, so it gives you 20fps instead of 60.

Meanwhile you can hear GPU screaming: why doesn't anyone use me? Now API replys: Engine doesn't let me, because he didn't get those 12GHz power and is now crying in the corner, not willing to do anything.

That's how ti works.

Doesnt explain one bit why it worked smoothly before. Im sure Daum hasnt changed their engine or optimisation. And as allready mentioned, lag and stutter is everywhere. Not just in the cities.

Posted

Yup. Even alone in the wilderness, i get this stupid stutter and fps drop. Travelling fast on a horse is a nightmare, and the horse actually just hangs for a few seconds sometimes. Outside cities. Your monitor shouldt be relevant. And your linked video, is exactly how it was before. After i returned its like this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Khr3xIHQZ0

It looks just like my bdo gameplay :( But check out that guy, same yt channel as later but newer video. It still looks amazing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5sPF4D9QU

Posted

Doesnt explain one bit why it worked smoothly before. Im sure Daum hasnt changed their engine or optimisation. And as allready mentioned, lag and stutter is everywhere. Not just in the cities.

Well if you are looking for real reason why game is like that now, you came to wrong place. Not even developers, admins, devs and gms know why it's working so badly. And That's 100% true.

Posted (edited)

tl;dr.

did you try to optimize your setting in game?

My gig is Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHzMSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING,ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz

I play in max settings (fps is kinda low at around 50-60)

Edit: forgot to mention i OC my CPU to 4.5GHz

Edit2: have you check the temperature on your computer when playing? High temperature will slow down your computer (and kill it)

Edited by BakaNeko

Posted

One big thing I noticed, with all those graphics changes, I would go so far as shut the game completely down and back on again, but at the very least I would do a ./reloadui - changing windowed types and resolutions and whatnot isn't going to guarantee the old settings flush and new settings take all the way, with this game being so CPU intensive on top of it, I'm surprised the game was set to very high on graphics with a 970 and xenon. And take this with a grain of salt... framerate optimizer jacked my fps up bad when I tried it, I lost frames. Again, could be individual machines and how they want to run.  

Posted

tl;dr.

did you try to optimize your setting in game?

My gig is Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHzMSI Radeon RX 480 8GB GAMING,ViewSonic XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz

I play in max settings (fps is kinda low at around 50-60)

Edit: forgot to mention i OC my CPU to 4.5GHz

Edit2: have you check the temperature on your computer when playing? High temperature will slow down your computer (and kill it)

Yeah, i tried but it didn't worked.

Temperature of my pc is usually fine, there was only one time when it was hot but i stopped BDO

Posted

Temperature of my pc is usually fine, there was only one time when it was hot but i stopped BDO

Do you actually use a program to check it or just by "feel"? What's your temperature like? This game is very cpu and memory intensive with all its graphic details so it is true your CPU is on the low-end to render all those graphics smoothly (I have a program that shows all relevant computer stats while in-game).

A 8GB video card would help a little as well but not worth it (if debating if get new CPU or not). The only advise i'd say is try to cut as much "small" details you can from the game so it renders graphic faster.