• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Server Lag - Any solution coming soon?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

My first month on the Olvia servers things were great. I never had server lag. When I heard people complain about it I wondered if it was just their internet/computer. 

Since losing Olvia access, it is torturous. Frequently throughout the day, night, weekend, whatever, the server is so lagged that you can't even talk to NPCs. You rubberband around - sometimes back to positions you were in 2-5 minutes previous. I've even died as a result of it and lost crystals and XP. 

Is there even a solution in sight? This is an absolute bare bones requirement for running an MMO that your servers need to at least be able to handle the load and process commands.

Even just lifeskilling is brutal because you press "R" and nothing happens for 60-120 seconds. BRUTAL.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is server issue since the release, they sometime say "improve server" in the patch note, but... Dont except any real change tho

Posted

End of blossom event? maybe there is something in these flowers the servers are allergic to.

1 person likes this

Posted

Me and some streamers have been completely d/c'd from the BDO servers multiple times and it is getting very annoying, so I am going to take a break from BDO. Some server lag is excusable, but when some of us paid near 30 bucks to play a game and then some on in-game items multiple times there should not be this big of a server drop/lag. Considering there is funding to prevent it and keep the servers updated, but I guess not. I truly love playing BDO, but I value my own time very much and I am not going to spend another 2 hours trying to play. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Please send in tickets. They act like they have no idea there is an issue since everyone complains here instead of reporting it.

Posted

Yet another night waiting minutes for a simple "R" command next to an NPC to get recognized.

This is really quite ridiculous.

Posted

I feel you bud. Typing to friends. Text shows up 5 minutes later. Ridiculous indeed.

Posted

Please send in tickets. They act like they have no idea there is an issue since everyone complains here instead of reporting it.

Has that excuse actually been stated somewhere? If so that some gross negligence on the part of the CMs here 

Posted

I went ahead and sent a ticket.

What shocks me is the Olvia channels are perfect. I never had a single bit of lag like this for the entire month I played on Olvia.

Then as soon as I am on the other channels, it is brutal. Seems odd?

Posted (edited)

Has that excuse actually been stated somewhere? If so that some gross negligence on the part of the CMs here 

It was actually on their Twitter feed, yes.

Edit: found the tweet

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/846823746627387392

Edited by Jeynar

Posted

The solution will happen naturally as the population dies down when people realise server investment is low on the list of priorities. Then the remaining population, smaller in numbers, will have servers that can deal with the new lowered numbers.

Posted

Due to no responce from Kakao nothing will be done about this.

Posted

The solution will happen naturally as the population dies down when people realise server investment is low on the list of priorities. Then the remaining population, smaller in numbers, will have servers that can deal with the new lowered numbers.

You'd be wrong there, because just as the player base shrinks, they will inevitably and proportionately cut back on server costs. Thus the lag problem will always be there. Plenty of evidence given the number of people who have already quit yet the server issues remain the same.

Posted

Well. The only

It was actually on their Twitter feed, yes.

Edit: found the tweet

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/846823746627387392

This is a somewhat update related to that. Only 1 day later saying they're looking into it. Keep sending in tickets, keep making posts, contact PA as well if you can. Just have to keep at it. Have had to do this type of stuff with other MMO's in the past. If you keep on them things eventually change as they realize they're losing players/clients/money.

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/846016663694839808

Posted

Don't worry they'll keep the cash shop item adds going during the lagfests.  

Posted (edited)

Well. The only

This is a somewhat update related to that. Only 1 day later saying they're looking into it. Keep sending in tickets, keep making posts, contact PA as well if you can. Just have to keep at it. Have had to do this type of stuff with other MMO's in the past. If you keep on them things eventually change as they realize they're losing players/clients/money.

https://twitter.com/BDO_News/status/846016663694839808

Good link.

And yes, that does sound like people need to keep sending in tickets.

Maybe not a ticket every day as that could be not helpful. But at least one a week so they keep getting data on the issue.

Edited by Cambios
1 person likes this

Posted

I saw nothing in the patch notes saying this has even been looked at. :(

Posted

What shocks me is the Olvia channels are perfect. I never had a single bit of lag like this for the entire month I played on Olvia.

Sadly this game have no respect toward it loyal players .. welcome to the horror. 

Posted

Sadly this game have no respect toward it loyal players .. welcome to the horror. 

Gotta milk and get new people in to milk.

Posted (edited)

Not bragging or saying the issue is on your end, I don't want to be that guy.

But I will play the devil's advocate:

• I started on December 25th, 2016
  • I have left the game running (almost) 24/7 since then. I have only ever logged out during maintenance.
  • I average about 8-10 hours of active gameplay on weekedays. 18-20 on weekends.
  • I have never experienced any of the lag people describe here and other places. No issues with interaction, combat inputs, enchanting, moving items, nothing. Everything action and response has worked perfectly.

Like I said. Just being the devil's advocate. Network issues are much, much harder to track down if not all of the users are affected.

Edited by LightyearsBD

Posted

There is server issue since the release, they sometime say "improve server" in the patch note, but... Dont except any real change tho

It was nowhere near this bad closer to release. I didn't even know what this server desync was about when I came back after a several month break. Now the servers are complete trash and you'll desync even if you're by yourself running around in the middle of nowhere. It would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.

Posted

• I have never experienced any of the lag people describe here and other places. No issues with interaction, combat inputs, enchanting, moving items, nothing. Everything action and response has worked perfectly.

What channel(s) are you playing on?

For 30 days on the Olvia channels everything was 100% perfect.

As soon as I'm on the non-Olvia channels, these problems started.

I'm always looking for lower pop, non-crowded channels so I have been mostly playing on Valencia, Serendia, and Mediah. For guild events I am usually on Balenos 3. 

Posted

Olvia is just to lure the new meat inside once oyu get out of the newbs camp you get to enjoy fully the horrors of the world war ... *ehm* BDO

But by that time you have most likely contributed to the fundings via pearl shop so they couldn't give a double f--k about your problems/issues as they never do xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Olvia is just to lure the new meat inside once oyu get out of the newbs camp you get to enjoy fully the horrors of the world war ... *ehm* BDO

But by that time you have most likely contributed to the fundings via pearl shop so they couldn't give a double f--k about your problems/issues as they never do xD

Id give you a like, but apparently liking is p2w so we can't have more than 10 per day, so you get a +1 instead.

+1.

Posted

You'd be wrong there, because just as the player base shrinks, they will inevitably and proportionately cut back on server costs. Thus the lag problem will always be there. Plenty of evidence given the number of people who have already quit yet the server issues remain the same.

Server costs are a pittance, like 1$USD / Player. Leaseweb is providing Kakao with exactly what they are paying for.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0