• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Can't connect

62 posts in this topic

Posted

After almost 30 minutes of "Now Processing" I was able to get in game....still ridiculous lol

guess we're gonna have to avoid changing ch?

Posted

We're aware of the reports of lag and connection issues, our team is looking into this now. Any further updates will be relayed as I get them.

If you know about it why isn't there an official announcement somewhere so people can find it? Might help. Just sayin.

Posted

After almost 30 minutes of "Now Processing" I was able to get in game....still ridiculous lol

guess we're gonna have to avoid changing ch?

Even if you get into the channel, you'll experience unimaginable lag. This happened to me earlier. After waiting 5-10 minutes just to get in, my chats took 5 minutes to even show up. Others were reporting the same thing.

The management of this game is so shameful.

1 person likes this

Posted

I keep reloading every min or so. Rubber banding and then reload. Still in game but not much I can do 😑

Posted (edited)

You are aware of the issue happening at this time, or you are aware of the issue that has been plaguing the game since the start? Your team says that nothing gets reported yet players have been complaining for a year and nothing has been done. What exactly are the players suppose to do to get the point across to your team that the server issues need to be fixed?

Better servers cost more money. If they were to get better servers, they would make less profit. Greedy company moto #1, profit over everything.  And it's not necessarily Cm_Aethon who is greedy, but shareholders only care about money, they could not care any less about your server lag issues, if the game is still making them money.

This is why you've been having these issues for over a year, complained about these issues for over a year, and nothing(noticeable) has been done for over  a year.

Edited by Priscilla

Posted

Fun times

2017-04-04_642615303.JPG

Posted

We're aware of the reports of lag and connection issues, our team is looking into this now. Any further updates will be relayed as I get them.

Not to be rude or anything, but these issues have made the game unplayable for MANY people since November.  What is really going on here?

Posted

Smells like a DOS attack.

Posted

Better servers cost more money. If they were to get better servers, they would make less profit. Greedy company moto #1, profit over everything.  And it's not necessarily Cm_Aethon who is greedy, but shareholders only care about money, they could not care any less about your server lag if the game is still making them money.

This is why you have been having these issues for a year, complained about these issues for a year, and nothing(noticeable) has been done for a year.

You seem to miss the point. The current staff rarely posts on the forums, and they have always failed to communicate with the community. Yet they keep hiring more people for CM positions. That right there is a waste of money. Many of the employees could be dropped, and that money could be used elsewhere to benefit the game. You can't place all the blame on the devs or the higher ups in Kakao because the people that are suppose to interact with the community and give feedback never do. So how can we be sure that they report the bugs that have never been fixed, or the server issues?

Posted (edited)

I assume you're aware that this is a trend? There was a recent post by another CM/GM that basically tried to put all of these issues off on the users. 99.9% of the people experiencing problems can play every other game with absolutely no problem whatsoever (myself included), and then we come into BDO and we experience lag, desync, and straight-up disconnections. There's a trend of these issues happening after the server hasn't been restarted for a while...

I realize you're probably not the networking or server manager, but could you please pass along that this is NOT an isolated incident, these issues are NOT isolated to specific users, and this company will continue NOT being profitable if the networking doesn't get resolved? It's the only thing holding this game back. You guys have a really great game here, and I sympathize with all the designers and community managers, but the networking is making this game very close to unbearable for many of us. 

I have serious buyer's remorse after dropping hundreds of dollars in the Pearl Shop after only being back to the game for a month. If these connectivity issues are fixed, it will alleviate mine and many other's buyer's remorse, and I'll be happy to continue paying more for this game than I have for literally any other (including Dota 2). I fear what word of mouth will do to this game if these issues continue unresolved. Bad PR doesn't go away, so please help nip it in the bud.

Edited by Gwys
1 person likes this

Posted

DCed and like others can't connect. Was just about to help a guildie with his awakening quest also.

Posted

Still getting random spikes of lag though nohing like an hour ago, still totally unacceptable for a modern gaming company to have this many issues in this day and age

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0