• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Forum Mods and You!

40 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

When these forum originally started we had no forums mods and we asked for them countless times.

While for the most part they seem to do a great job of keeping things in line and organized it's seems lately they have started to feel a bit more free with the community. 

Now I love interaction from our CMs/GMs/Volunteer mods but lately it seems like they can be downright disrespectful and rude.

Ive seen mods belittle people just before locking threads not allowing anyone to reply to their insult, why not just lock the thread and leave the reason?

Ive seen GMs make petty little jokes when players ask for a response instead of actually giving the response.

While these are little things and not big issues it's really off putting as a vet player to see our leadership act that way, and I'm sure new players wouldn't like it either.

Just some thoughts to maybe act more professional and less like children. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Pleazure
9 people like this

Posted

lock thread incomeing

Posted

What, you don't appreciate the only CM response in a civil thread about communication being a meme from Supernatural? What more do you want?

(do I need to add /s on these kinda replies? I wonder)

Also, volunteer mods are still volunteers, it's not a replacement for paid moderation, but eh, saving a penny is important.

2 people like this

Posted

We have forum mods?That comes as a surprise to me as I rate these forums as a cesspool of asshattery of biblical proportions.The worst I have ever had the misfortune to visit.

Nice game though.

Posted

When these forum originally started we had no forums mods and we asked for them countless times.

While for the most part they seem to do a great job of keeping things in line and organized it's seems lately they have started to feel a bit more free with the community. 

Now I love interaction from our CMs/GMs/Volunteer mods but lately it seems like they can be downright disrespectful and rude.

Ive seen mods belittle people just before locking threads not allowing anyone to reply to their insult, why not just lock the thread and leave the reason?

Ive seen GMs make petty little jokes when players ask for a response instead of actually giving the response.

While these are little things and not big issues it's really off putting as a vet player to see our leadership act that way, and I'm sure new players wouldn't like it either.

Just some thoughts to maybe act more proffesional and less like children. 

There are 5 "wizard is op threads" where people are free to throw around accusations and be rude. Then I make 1 "wizard is not op" thread with fair and sound examples to deny such wild claims and accusations, and it gets locked on the day, while more opposite threads are allowed to grow. Long gone is the freedom of speech (within reason), now is the era of player mods running rampant with their hidden agendas. 

1 person likes this

Posted

...Forward together.

Posted

There are 5 "wizard is op threads" where people are free to throw around accusations and be rude. Then I make 1 "wizard is not op" thread with fair and sound examples to deny such wild claims and accusations, and it gets locked on the day, while more opposite threads are allowed to grow. Long gone is the freedom of speech (within reason), now is the era of player mods running rampant with their hidden agendas. 

That's what happens with volunteer mods cause it's hard to see a scenario where they'd actually do more than check reports by other players. If those other wizard threads weren't reported but yours was - welp, tough luck :/

Posted

That's what happens with volunteer mods cause it's hard to see a scenario where they'd actually do more than check reports by other players. If those other wizard threads weren't reported but yours was - welp, tough luck :/

Yeah and the chance of that happening are slim to none.So yeah,player mods with hidden agendas.

1 person likes this

Posted

My mom always told me if i didn't have anything nice to say, not to say anything at all.

Hopefully people can come here and express how they feel and the mods can read it and react accordingly.

3 people like this

Posted

Well making a thread named "wizard is not op" might lead one to think that is a troll post made with the intention of creating a shit storm in comments.

No wonder it was locked.

Posted

Well making a thread named "wizard is not op" might lead one to think that is a troll post made with the intention of creating a shit storm in comments.

No wonder it was locked.

Something something book something something cover.

Posted (edited)

No wonder it was locked.

If the decision to close a thread cuz its called "wizard is not op", when there are multiple threads "wizard is op" with "shit storm comments" within, then it doesnt make sense to me. There were even clear and to-thepoint examples as of why it is not in my thread. But lets leave that discussion out, my point is that it's really strange to see it closed on the day, when opposite threads are created and allowed to grow - when we know that there are multiple ingame players who are given moderator roles on this forum. Surely they all do a good job, but they are still players, not a payed coworker with more obvious motivation to follow guidelines.

Edited by Nacario

Posted (edited)

         

Edited by Akesuke

Posted

player mods with hidden agendas.

This +100. in the last 2 weeks every single post i made expressing my opinion about horse breeders practices has been deleted by a completely "unbiased" CM, my posts had nothing but my personal opinions backed with logic, and the most offensive words they contained were : scums (in 1 reply, after getting provoked and called a retard) and hypocrites.

i am 100% positive this forums use much more offensive words on a daily basis, in great abundance, but when your target a specific grp then all your posts get deleted and you'll be given a 24 hour ban because someone decided to apply the "rules" specifically on you.

Another example was how certain mod decided the statement "low life trash like peon" is offensive and decided to delete it because ?? idk fan girl maybe ? i received 0 explanation, and the my post had 0 REASON to why it was edited.

getting back to the entire "rules" subject .. flame bdo on a daily basis, make videos full lies about a "p2w" change, and ask your 300k+ subscriber to boycott the game, just like peon did is not considered breaking rules according to this company, but if someone call peon a "low life trash" because of his actions, then he get 24 hour ban because he broke the rules ... #logic.

2 people like this

Posted

^ says Wizard isnt OP... LoLoL

3 people like this

Posted

^ says Wizard isnt OP... LoLoL

still these -----ing topics should stop.
Every hour another retard with bullshit about nerfs and buffs.

Posted

Reddit > These Forums.

Posted

still these -----ing topics should stop.Every hour another retard with bullshit about nerfs and buffs.

Its as if theres some reason causing these threads.... Weird how that works huh? 9_9

Posted

Just some thoughts to maybe act more professional and less like children. 

Yeap...totally agree.  We gave them big heads complimenting them to much. 

Posted (edited)

Actually you didn't, you avoided answering everyone's rebuttals and decided to argue invalid points.

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne

Posted (edited)

Reddit > These Forums.

I browse both, but Reddit doesn't have nearly as good conversation as the forums. 

Reddit also seems to be less active and include a lot more new comers than the forums. 

~~~

On topic, I would just like if the mods weren't abusing their powers there are some topics that probably do need to be deleted, but I do see quite often topics being deleted very fast before anything even pans out, very biased, or the mod will feel the need to just insult the OP causing even more tension with OP.

They are volunteer but they do represent kakao and should act as such, I imagine many of them signed up for the power mods have but still they should be professional. :) 

Edited by Pleazure

Posted

Its as if theres some reason causing these threads.... Weird how that works huh? 9_9

But perhaps you could all write on one instead of mass producing the same stuff.

Posted

Actually you didn't, you avoided answering everyone's rebuttals and decided to argue invalid points.

if u disagree then u can look through my replies in that thread answering the specific questions and claims as u yourself wrote in it. But obviously i cannot change opinions when ppl have been radicalized, like the simplest thing as u saying i did not when i infact did. But now we are offtopic.

Posted

Someone has a low sense of humor... 

Posted

still these -----ing topics should stop.Every hour another retard with bullshit about nerfs and buffs.

they should not.

There would be no threads if the issue wasn't as big as it is. It should serve as a wakeup call to everyone in the chain of creating and releasing and publishing this game so that they may finally do something about it. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0