• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Community Driven Pearl Shop Proposal

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There.

Edited by xXReDxSparoweXx
People can't read.

Posted

tl;dr

1 person likes this

Posted

Always wanted to have your very own War Horse that you enchanted with Fire to blaze the trails with? Or perhaps maybe one charged with Lightning? Maybe even turning your favorite pet cat or dog or red panda into an elemental type pet? 

Got to this part, then realised I wasn't playing WoW and stopped reading thankfully.

Posted

Well can't expect everyone to give any thought on it. Especially the ones who either don't have an imagination to consider any and all ideas, or ones who either don't know how to read, or don't have the attention span to read a paragraph. 

Posted

I'm sure reading this seems like it's a lot to ask, judging by the amount of words I've written. When it all comes down to it, I don't really think it is that much to ask, is it? 

yes you're asking a lot for us to read your essay 

Well can't expect everyone to give any thought on it. Especially the ones who either don't have an imagination to consider any and all ideas, or ones who either don't know how to read, or don't have the attention span to read a paragraph. 

Posted

I want to first start off and say that while I've technically owned this game since it's release, truth be told I didn't actually start playing til about a month and a half or so ago. I've always been a huge fan of the work I was seeing done to the game and the community behind it. Life just had it's way of keeping me from joining in on the fun until recently. 

With that said I'll get right to the point. The Pearl Shop and the lack of Costumes / Outfits to further help individualize ourselves as our in game personas. While I fully understand that maintaining the stability, or rather, working to fully stabilize the game itself and the servers would be something to be considered as a top priority, if not the top priority. I only say this because it seems to still be one of the most talked about things on the forums, apart from the pricing structure and pay to win format that's presented to us by way of the Pearl Shop. 

Something I think that could be done to help the situation is the addition of Community Created additions to the Pearl Shop. I know there lots of talented artists out there who would love to see there work included into the game, something that can be accomplished by the community and creators themselves voting for which ones would be added to the Pearl Shop. IF this was to be a thing the developers would consider allowing and implementing into the game, it should also be worth suggesting that these community additions wouldn't cost as much as the Costume and Armor Sets already in the game. Though I still think that all creations should be treated as those that were already made available, meaning that they too would be more than just for show. They would have to still abide by the structure and game mechanics already in place when it comes to considering what armor set bonuses would be applied to the finished product along with them also being fair to all players of any given class. Not just the best and what is considered "top tier" or "overpowered". Or simply something that the creator themselves only included because it was something "they" themselves want on the Armor / Costumes / Weapons / etc. to gain an advantage in the battlefield. This proposal should also include Furniture, Pets, Mounts, etc. Not items like community made versions of storage upgrades, value packs, potions, crystals, the only consideration that came to mind would be enchantments, but only those that were already in the game or ones that wouldn't disrupt the game if implemented. For example crystal/stone/etc that adds an elemental property to a weapon or perhaps even a pet or mount? Always wanted to have your very own War Horse that you enchanted with Fire to blaze the trails with? Or perhaps maybe one charged with Lightning? Maybe even turning your favorite pet cat or dog or red panda into an elemental type pet? (Yea it's corny but think Pokemon, ok?)

Before this game was ever released we were presented with the Black Desert Character Creator. Something that without a doubt hyped up the game leading up to it's release. Now I'm well aware of the fact that that this tool, which was also the one we have in game for character creation is different from an Official Tool released by the developers soley for the purpose of creating these community creations in an official and easy to implement capacity. It's something that may be easy enough to come up with and release to the community. If not that then at least taking into consideration third party tools like 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Substance Painter/Designer, etc. by providing us with the guidelines we'd have to go by in order to make this possible. 

What immediately comes to mind is my time playing Skyrim. Not everyone who's made add ons or mods or anything really, not all of the creators strictly used the Creation Kit provided to use by Bethesda. Not unless they had to, in which case these were plugins are addtions that required it, which is something a little different from what I'm proposing. Since this is an "MMO" I can't propose that we allowed to the game files themselves, that would undoubtedly cause problems. While I don't want to be that guy, I'm sure we can all agree that we don't need "that one guy" who found a way to distribute in game cash, pearls, etc. that would hurt the economy and the games reputation in the long run.

Off the top of my head and only because I actually tried and or spent some time, though very little time, playing these two games, Warframe and Ark: Survival Evolved. I do know that they have made this possible for their communities respecitvely. While I'm not entirely sure how each of the respective developers went about implementing their communities creations into their games, I do know they went as far as to allow it and from what I know, both communities seem happy.

I'm sure reading this seems like it's a lot to ask, judging by the amount of words I've written. When it all comes down to it, I don't really think it is that much to ask, is it? 

no ofense but shorten it down.

Anytime you are proposing something new to someone, give them the "bullet point" main topics.

Then later, expand. But as it is, people probably wont want to sit through a mini-essay to figure out what you are proposing.

If we were getting paid for it sure. If people were getting school credit sure. But not in-passing.

Posted (edited)

I want to first start off and say that while I've technically owned this game since it's release, truth be told I didn't actually start playing til about a month and a half or so ago. I've always been a huge fan of the work I was seeing done to the game and the community behind it. Life just had it's way of keeping me from joining in on the fun until recently. 

With that said I'll get right to the point. The Pearl Shop and the lack of Costumes / Outfits to further help individualize ourselves as our in game personas. While I fully understand that maintaining the stability, or rather, working to fully stabilize the game itself and the servers would be something to be considered as a top priority, if not the top priority. I only say this because it seems to still be one of the most talked about things on the forums, apart from the pricing structure and pay to win format that's presented to us by way of the Pearl Shop. 

Something I think that could be done to help the situation is the addition of Community Created additions to the Pearl Shop. I know there lots of talented artists out there who would love to see there work included into the game, something that can be accomplished by the community and creators themselves voting for which ones would be added to the Pearl Shop. IF this was to be a thing the developers would consider allowing and implementing into the game, it should also be worth suggesting that these community additions wouldn't cost as much as the Costume and Armor Sets already in the game. Though I still think that all creations should be treated as those that were already made available, meaning that they too would be more than just for show. They would have to still abide by the structure and game mechanics already in place when it comes to considering what armor set bonuses would be applied to the finished product along with them also being fair to all players of any given class. Not just the best and what is considered "top tier" or "overpowered". Or simply something that the creator themselves only included because it was something "they" themselves want on the Armor / Costumes / Weapons / etc. to gain an advantage in the battlefield. This proposal should also include Furniture, Pets, Mounts, etc. Not items like community made versions of storage upgrades, value packs, potions, crystals, the only consideration that came to mind would be enchantments, but only those that were already in the game or ones that wouldn't disrupt the game if implemented. For example crystal/stone/etc that adds an elemental property to a weapon or perhaps even a pet or mount? Always wanted to have your very own War Horse that you enchanted with Fire to blaze the trails with? Or perhaps maybe one charged with Lightning? Maybe even turning your favorite pet cat or dog or red panda into an elemental type pet? (Yea it's corny but think Pokemon, ok?)

Before this game was ever released we were presented with the Black Desert Character Creator. Something that without a doubt hyped up the game leading up to it's release. Now I'm well aware of the fact that that this tool, which was also the one we have in game for character creation is different from an Official Tool released by the developers soley for the purpose of creating these community creations in an official and easy to implement capacity. It's something that may be easy enough to come up with and release to the community. If not that then at least taking into consideration third party tools like 3DS Max, Maya, Blender, Substance Painter/Designer, etc. by providing us with the guidelines we'd have to go by in order to make this possible. 

What immediately comes to mind is my time playing Skyrim. Not everyone who's made add ons or mods or anything really, not all of the creators strictly used the Creation Kit provided to use by Bethesda. Not unless they had to, in which case these were plugins are addtions that required it, which is something a little different from what I'm proposing. Since this is an "MMO" I can't propose that we allowed to the game files themselves, that would undoubtedly cause problems. While I don't want to be that guy, I'm sure we can all agree that we don't need "that one guy" who found a way to distribute in game cash, pearls, etc. that would hurt the economy and the games reputation in the long run.

Off the top of my head and only because I actually tried and or spent some time, though very little time, playing these two games, Warframe and Ark: Survival Evolved. I do know that they have made this possible for their communities respecitvely. While I'm not entirely sure how each of the respective developers went about implementing their communities creations into their games, I do know they went as far as to allow it and from what I know, both communities seem happy.

jesus christ this post was about 95% longer than it needed to be

tl;dr

TL;DR: 

Let the community make costumes. 

Edited by Dremlock

Posted

Or just let us mix match outfit pieces for our own custom creations. This wouldn't work with costumes as those give their own special set effects, but I don't see the harm in mixing outfits while maintaining the set bonus if you have enough pieces on.