• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Watermark.

118 posts in this topic

Posted

i hate it too :c thank god when i edits my screenshots i usually crop them..

Posted (edited)

Ever try ShareX?

"not used to other SS options" so no, I did not. Only other "screen capture" related stuff I've ever used is OBS :v.

Edited by aidlac
it*is
1 person likes this

Posted

Screenshots is not hard:
- Fraps, saves also immediately
- Screenshot feature with AMD tool ReLive (AMD has recording and screenshot for latest generation video cards) - no problem, saves immediately
- Bandicam screenshot (don't use recording, it has watermark above)
- Greenshot, need choose right window
- Faststone Image Viewer has own screenshot feature. You can use this program too to save PrintScreen shots easy.
- Nvidia users might have also own Nivida tool.

Enough solutions, don't worry.
But actually this is strange to see there is no "[ ] without watermark" option. This feels so forced change. Even without watermark, we can see it's from BDO.

Posted

My problem with this is they choose to invest valuable dev time in crap that degrades the product rather than fix the known issues. What idiot of a designer/Project manager/Product manager/Senior exec arse cooked up this little priority?

Posted

They had this in KR ages ago. Take a screenshot with Nvidia Shield or w/e crap AMD's have.

Posted

I use ShareX, even before they added the watermark. Since the native screenshot function makes things compressed and ugly. 

Posted

It's actually a bit disgusting how many people have advocated for third party software or windows shortcuts as a solution. There's quite a few problems with this, I'll list them from least to greatest. The first being no matter the program there is some kind of set-up involved and some kind of risk, the exception being windows. Secondly on most third party programs there is some kind of lag time between the press and the capture or some kind of issue with resolution/number of screens/quality. Third many of these can't be bound to reasonable hotkeys or allow for shutter captures. HOWEVER the biggest reason people are flipping their lids about this horrid stamp is the fact WE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO. There's no good reason to force someone onto a third party software or crop their images. It's another change that inconveniences a portion of the player base for no reason. Non-watermarked images will still appear on trash mobile adds, people will still cut them out, I'd wager that the vast majority of screenshots leaving this game will be trash screenshots with their brand on them and good screenshots someone took time and care to make without the watermark.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I challenge anybody to simply move the alignment to bottom-right, or bottom-left, set it to the smallest size, then set the opacity to 20%, and then post a sample screenshot where their screenshot has been absolutely ruined by the watermark.

C'mon people... really? Is it really that big of a deal? Or is it something to piss and moan about for the sake of having something to piss and moan about?

Good lord.

It's not like the watermark is plastered diagonally full size and full opacity across the entire image and disrupting the focus. Please...

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Ever try ShareX?

Personal favorite, it has a ton of awesome features that are helpful outside of being just a screenshot app.

That aside, I don't believe this function will likely be going away in the near future (I could always be wrong of course). I know it has been a sore spot for some folks and will continue to deliver that to the developers.

1 person likes this

Posted

realy must i now use a third party tool to get rid of the black desert stamp ? ... "great patch" ...

Posted

Use a hot-key with Geforce Experience to take screenshots

2017-04-14 - 18.02.38 ~ Cropped Capture.png

Posted (edited)

That aside, I don't believe this function will likely be going away in the near future (I could always be wrong of course). I know it has been a sore spot for some folks and will continue to deliver that to the developers.

Thanks for the candid reply.

I'm no business genius, but I figure it might be better for business to have your patrons feel like things are done for them, rather than to them. After this, I feel more like a dollar sign than a valued customer.

Edited by oR-Bishop

Posted

I used to take a billion screenshots, and posted most of my adventures on Twitter... but no more.

I would always tag them with #BlackDesertOnline so in case there was any doubt what game they were from.

But I guess Pearl Abyss thinks they are getting more mileage out of it this way?  

I won't be taking any more screens until there's an option to remove it.

Posted

56d16ea491336b8dc0d2bd76d354796a_wambula

Posted

Press WINDOWS button + PRINTSCREEN then go to Pictures folder. Thats it....

1 person likes this

Posted

Personal favorite, it has a ton of awesome features that are helpful outside of being just a screenshot app.

wait r u tellin me that BDO staff isn't using BDOs ingame screenshot feature... lol

I used to take a billion screenshots, and posted most of my adventures on Twitter... but no more.

I would always tag them with #BlackDesertOnline so in case there was any doubt what game they were from.

But I guess Pearl Abyss thinks they are getting more mileage out of it this way?  

you barely tweet anything about BDO anymore!! 

Posted

wait r u tellin me that BDO staff isn't using BDOs ingame screenshot feature... lol

you barely tweet anything about BDO anymore!! 

I got a sad when I saw the forced watermark :(  Also I haven't played a ton lately due to visitors in town! But I'm back now... :)  I might try and find an alternate screenshot workflow!

Posted

Just use nvidia's screenshotter from G. Experience, on Win10's game bar thing..