• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

5000 Hours Playtime reward

354 posts in this topic

Posted

You honestly better tell PA or who ever decided this bullshit to revert it. Its not cool to loyal players at all.

Posted

"this is your punishment for playing our game a lot, i hope you've learned a valuable lesson"

8 people like this

Posted

FREE STUFF? WHERE IS MY FREE STUFF.

Posted

"this is your punishment for playing our game a lot, i hope you've learned a valuable lesson"

I loled

Posted

Apparently we didn't since we're still here.

It's getting harder and harder though.

Posted

Apparently we didn't since we're still here.

It's getting harder and harder though.

I haven't logged into game since I found out about this. I do keep checking the forums every few hours - hoping they want players back. I have invested a ridiculous amount of money (and time) into this game, but I have more self respect than to keep playing when a company mistreats me.

Plenty of other MMORPGs and RL to enjoy.

1 person likes this

Posted

@GM_Caramel pls talk some sense to these guys or did you join the dark side also ?

Hello Araney and Community! :x

I completely understand your frustration and it crushes me to see you all upset. You have shown nothing but support and love for BDO since the beginning and I want you to know that we do see this. Every day. I also want you to know that we do value each and every single one of you and to never forget that. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to having more information as soon as possible. As always we thank you for being patient while we wait for an update.

Regards,

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Somebody go warn the beast!....oh he  knows, aight den.

Edited by Beeso

Posted

Yeah ----- this, I will no longer be spending money on Black Desert because of this. I'll use the $300 I was going to spend on BDO to buy a new monitor.

1 person likes this

Posted

I completely understand your frustration and it crushes me to see you all upset. You have shown nothing but support and love for BDO since the beginning and I want you to know that we do see this. Every day. I also want you to know that we do value each and every single one of you and to never forget that. 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to having more information as soon as possible. As always we thank you for being patient while we wait for an update.

Regards,

^ diplomacy

Thank you. Acknowledgement is appreciated.

While this isn't enough to get me to buy another batch of Pearls, I will hop back into game. My wallet awaits further news. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah ----- this, I will no longer be spending money on Black Desert because of this. I'll use the $300 I was going to spend on BDO to buy a new monitor.

This is intense, and I like it. Gotta show this freaking company that stupid decisions like this one, costs them. Not like they use the money on us for servers or anything. Just another pocketing company. I wonder when the world of MMORPG will gain a credible, for the players company.

Posted

I completely understand your frustration and it crushes me to see you all upset. You have shown nothing but support and love for BDO since the beginning and I want you to know that we do see this.

I... Sorry but shown "love and support" is far from what I'd call those of us who use the forums having shown :V like... "anger, frustration, inflammatory posts every time anything goes wrong or is delayed" I'd rather say :P xD (not saying I'm not like this as well xD, simply trying to correct. Also, keep up the good work >.< hope you manage to give us some update soon that either revokes the update or at the very least gives us a reasoning as to why this is the case or someone we could ask such questions to. Until next time Caramel :3).

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a hunch they got dicked around by PA, likely getting the notes late - which would explain why they had line items that didn't apply to the NA/EU client.

This happens every week since launch. For 1 year. They're getting dicked since 1 year and they do nothing about? Smells like incompetent team manager.

Posted

Regards,

Prove it then.

It's the same shit every damned maintenance. As you can tell by this thread, patience is running out.

Posted

While I do feel as though those with over five thousand hours, myself included are being punished to some extent at least, those that hadn't reached five thousand will receive the better rewards. Still, it's a little upsetting.

Posted

Unfortunately I can understand the frustration of you guys , but you should be honest 

you spend most of the time afk , reaching 5k hours in like 1y without afk life skills seems prolly impossible 

Posted

Unfortunately I can understand the frustration of you guys , but you should be honest 

you spend most of the time afk , reaching 5k hours in like 1y without afk life skills seems prolly impossible 

Obviously, with all the afk shit in the game it's basically a requirement.

Posted (edited)

[Wrong post, can be deleted]

Edited by Alinna
MISTAAAKE

Posted (edited)

Indeed we did, it's nothing to be ashamed of, the game promotes AFK play very well. What is quite upsetting however is that we are here every day, make up large part of the community, are the crowd that you see which promotes immersion and doesn't make the game seem deserted and for that loyalty we are told we will not receive the good upgraded rewards.

I'm feeling really let down by this and look forward to next official announcement as how this is handled is *THE MOMENT* for my future in BDO.

I don't want to rant much, but BDO Team had two alternatives:

1. GOOD ONE - Send this to all people that already reached 5000 threshold as unexpected gift to your most active people. Instant TET Personal Relationships Boost.
  2. BAD ONE - Don't send it, ignore the fact you made this change for new players.

Instead Kakao created option 3 - SUPER BAD ONE, the PEN Failure-like one - Promise 5000 reward to all loyal players, get them hyped up and then say - "Aw tough luck, we will not be sending anything".

I still have hope though that this will somehow be reverted to Option 1 with only a bit of bitter taste in our mount i will just wash out with that sweet Kamasylve 7D Buff.

Edited by Lystra
1 person likes this

Posted

Regards,

Your team has definitely shown improvements, especially since you(Caramel)'ve gotten more active(you were gone for while because of some reason if I remember right), and I know not everyone on your team is responsible for this. Most likely your team leader or someone even higher in the ranks makes you look bad, for now I can only assume.

However, I do have to wonder why is it you specifically that is here to calm the community? Is it because you are the kind and loving person you are, or is it because someone on your team told you to do so because you are the best at doing it?

Your team leader should take responsibility and come forth, be sincere and professional about it and communicate with us, whether it's about something black, white or grey, it is communication that matters and how big decisions like this are taken.

Posted

They Played Us Like A Damn Fiddle!   #MemesOutForKakao

Posted (edited)

To keep most of the community happy you should really send out the reward to everyone, the old 5000 reward was pretty crap to be honest, and it shoudlent be that much of an issue to send this out for every player that missed out on this one. They should really think about their actions, and trying atleast to keep most of the community happy. They will not lose anything from giving the 5000 + hours players what they missed out on, they will however lose in long term by treating them unfair.

i have played this game since the early start and already accepted the 5000 hour reward ofc like most of the players getting the reward already done. And i have spent tons of pearls on this game, i am not going to stop playing this game because of this because i like the game a lot. But i would love to see them treating us loyal players with some respect.

Edited by Startrance

Posted

Surprise surprise.. loyal players get screwed over again

Posted

For someone who hasn't reach 5k yet and didn't get the old achievement , I can still understand you guys, but I wouldn't mind if I get the old or new achievement , since I know i am almost afk the entire time 

that means the free stuff u get from the 5k achievement are just a plus but not necessary 

i mean being loyal is the wrong word , I would rather use dedication but only for ppl who constantly play active and not afk 

i can be afk in any game , start the game and go to work , am I a loyal player now? 

Posted

However, I do have to wonder why is it you specifically that is here to calm the community? Is it because you are the kind and loving person you are, or is it because someone on your team told you to do so because you are the best at doing it?

Caramel was, iirc, specifically hired in part to make the forums more docile.

Not a terrible splendid job she's been doing so far, but they aren't making it easy on her whatsoever.

I miss @GM_Dew being on the forums more, there's some professional handling of issues being done whenever she's on the task.