• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - April 5th 2017

240 posts in this topic

Posted

So this "Steed" thing they "added", what did they add other then "Steed" supposedly being on the horse some place if it has a set of abilities?  The two skills at breeding has been there already seeing as I've gotten a T7 like that before now.  So did they actually add anything?

Posted

Ok, fair enough, since you don't sound like a complete punk. I can't continue to sound like a pompous prick anymore just to prove a point anyways lol.. It's bad business.. Much less importantly, it's annoying AF to normal adults (The large version of people that probably do most of the money spending)... Keep in mind this is a look in from the outside, with fresh eyes.. Yes I logged into my recently created account just to reply with something like THAT. Why? Many reasons, really. Because I'm new to the community and game. Sadly, a large portion of that community responding to something as targeted as patch notes, sounding the way it does (childish and screaming and whiny), is a major turn-off to potentially new players or newer players such as myself, trying to decide just how much $ we might be willing to dump in (Or if they want to be a part of that to begin with). I understand a large portion of players left do to some business model changes. It also seems a large portion of those players are considering returning. Where do those returning players go? Where do new players go? A high % of them will b-line for patch notes to see what kind of changes the developers are making, are they doing regular updates, are they doing regular fixes, are they adding new things? Which look good as a first impression and then all of a sudden you're force-fed all caps, memes, spams, whines and you name it directly below what you 'thought' looked like devs trying to be good devs. That very tiny portion of the community that decided to reply to the patch notes, suddenly create the atmosphere for the entire community. This isn't a ticket system. Devs, whether good or bad, should never be expected to sift through filth like this to pick out one or two comments that give them valid, solid input. If they are, that could very well be the cause of any issues or miscommunication.. Surely there is a proper system in place for such things? A ticket/support system? Starting a proper thread that uses full sentences? A suggestions area?

But these "representatives" that are painting a picture of the community in such a targeted location... Are only causing harm.

Forums always, always have the greatest concentration of frustrated, bitter, angry, entitled, toxic, whiny, salty, (etc.) players, and showcase the most negative elements of a community. It's the primary outlet for complaints, so of course people who are upset will generally wind up here. That said, there are also people who will simply never be happy (whether due to their nature or their unrealistic expectations) and haunting the forums, launching complaints (rarely constructive) is something that satisfies them.

It should not be used to measure the rest of the community, it's just a glimpse at the worst parts of it (again, this applies to any/every MMO). There are plenty of people who love and enjoy the game, it's just that most of them don't spend the bulk of their time on the forums. 

Talking horses. When?

WILLLLBURRRRRR

2017-03-21_87009438.JPG

And you think this solves, what exactly?

You really registered an account to say THIS?

I don't know what you'd do with your mornings if that happened, Jey. Always a delight. 

7 people like this

Posted

WILLLLBURRRRRR

2017-03-21_87009438.JPG

too funny lol.

2 people like this

Posted

Wow, watermarks? Really? **** you.

Trust me, I won't be advertising BD anymore if you're going to try and cram it down our throats.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

4f270efc56.jpg

"Black Hole" bug. Boat gets stuck on an invisible wall as well does my horse. The boat then sinks underwater head height. Boat cannot move, my player can however. Can only remote collect boat but cannot retrieve horse.. This has only started since last nights patch. There are other boats stuck there as well.

Edit2: Invisible wall on left side as well

ef946f4303.jpg

Someone else who also got stuck says it's an "invisible rock" however they cannot see it, their guild member can.

d56130aa7e.jpg

Edited by VonSchnieder

Posted (edited)

Wow, watermarks? Really? **** you.

Trust me, I won't be advertising BD anymore if you're going to try and cram it down our throats.

I cant agree with you more! ^_^  I made it the smallest I could, most transparent, even changed the language of the logo to Japanese, just to kinda make it ignorable (not sure if that's even a word) for now I'm gonna use Gyazo to capture screenshot, gonna loose a little bit off the full screen on my pictures, but rather that, or edit/cut out the "transparent small" icon from all of my future screenshots. Beautiful game .. not really anymore if you like saving, sharing and using the screenshots for PC backgrounds.

I do not link my BDO screenshots with people who doesn't play the game, I'm pretty sure they already know which game I'm taking the screenshot from when I'm sharing it ... will you add the ugly watermark to the already underwhelming Cherry blossom screenshot event winners pictures and in the future screenshot events? or maybe at least give a reply to the 99% of comments in that forum post disliking your desitions, about the obviously RNG, non-effort, lack of caring, picking results.

( @CM_Aethon )  CM_Yukimura (Edit: I saw you as the only from the team have semi responded with a like on another post here,  I tagged @CM_Aethon because  i  am not sure who got what roles here on forum ^^) does this response, mean you are one of the guys that can give us some answers on our questions about watermark/screenshots? :) If we had the option to remove this watermark, i would have no reason to dislike you adding this, the problem is you are giving us no options, without asking if we actually wants it.

I tried my best to give a constructive feedback and not a pure complaint, without explanations to my/and others reason to dislike this change, so i am really hoping you guys will take some of your time responding to this. 

(edit: I know that you guys are already very busy, some tickets can take over a month to get responded to, so it might be better in next screenshot event to make it player voting again, so people who have the time and is interested can pick out the most liked for you. then you might also avoid the pages of negative comments in the forum after the events)

Please add an option to disable the watermark, for people who cares about taking beautiful screenshots in this game :|

Sorry for my rather negative rant here .. but I don't even think that I am overreacting. I think a lot more than the Few posting here about the watermarks, cares.  This change, have only just messed with one of my few favorite PVE activities to do in the game, i know i can take a screenshot outside the games option, but cant you just instead add your watermark to all of your own pictures you want to advertise with? 

Screenshot added below, showing new watermark, and my attempt to make it least noticeable:

watermark bdo.jpg

So this "Steed" thing they "added", what did they add other then "Steed" supposedly being on the horse some place if it has a set of abilities?  The two skills at breeding has been there already seeing as I've gotten a T7 like that before now.  So did they actually add anything?

The "Steed" is the same as a "Courser" horse, that t8 needs to be for trying to awaken for t9 when they release it. Hope they will change the name to Courser, since the word Steed doesn't make sense, or fit for it. 

Edited by lithiel
Typo's. Better phasings.
1 person likes this

Posted

Optimize your game already -.-

Posted

Suggestion? Lock Patch Note topics so these know-nothing, whiny, brats don't poison everything 10 pages deep. Sure, they'll shake uncontrollably for a while at the their own ignorant, internal, built up anger. But then they'll just go punch a pillow, slowly hug it and start to cry into it as they reevaluate their state of mind and life. The rest will just suicide or go watch a movie.. Either way that ends up playing out, do we really need to know that's where they stand in life? It's none of our business, honestly.. There is 0% constructive feedback in any reply and only about 2 people are actually trying to even communicate with another person. It's just random whining almost as if they were looking in a mirror, throwing a tantrum and just talking to themselves for the sake of making noises..

So this. The majority of posters in these threads are frothing idiots with absolutely nothing to contribute but their stupidity.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know what you'd do with your mornings if that happened, Jey. Always a delight. 

Take it to the general forum instead. Wouldn't be the first time.

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if there is a level requirement or something to unlock the egg quest in Florin? I can't seem to get the black spirit to prompt the quest. Thanks to all that replies.

Edited by SnowStrife

Posted

PSA: Prices for Cursor horses did NOT go up like the patch notes say.

http://imgur.com/a/nKYOD

Sjo.png

1 person likes this

Posted

How in the hell do I get the coupons?

You dont "get them" they're gifted to you by the mercy of PA whenever they feel you worthy.

Posted

Kakao. When?

IMG_2475.JPG

7 people like this

Posted

I actually dont mind the patch, seems ok to me, i keep re-reading the notes to see what exactly is pissing people off, because it cant simply be the watermarks can it?    To me it seems neither outstandingly great, nor devastatingly bad.

That being said....

Thanks once more for saving me money

You continue releasing those "costumes" (less than 4-piece clothing) instead of releasing "outfits" (4-piece clothing) and i will continue not to buy any.     If i cant mix n match them, then i wont be buying them, so seriously, a big and sincere heartfelt thank you for once again saving my hard earned cash for something other than your company

You probably dont give a shit about this (and im damn sure no one else does) but ive gone from being a £50 a month player to playing for free, great for my pockets, terrible as a business model.

Also if youre going to bombard our loading screens with people's shitty screenshots again soon (because youre doing yet another needless screenshot competition) can you PLEASE first implement an on/off thingy in settings so we can keep the default map as our loading screen, thanks!

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I actually dont mind the patch, seems ok to me, i keep re-reading the notes to see what exactly is pissing people off, because it cant simply be the watermarks can it?    To me it seems neither outstandingly great, nor devastatingly bad.

That being said....

Thanks once more for saving me money

You continue releasing those "costumes" (less than 4-piece clothing) instead of releasing "outfits" (4-piece clothing) and i will continue not to buy any.     If i cant mix n match them, then i wont be buying them, so seriously, a big and sincere heartfelt thank you for once again saving my hard earned cash for something other than your company

You probably dont give a shit about this (and im damn sure no one else does) but ive gone from being a £50 a month player to playing for free, great for my pockets, terrible as a business model.

Also if youre going to bombard our loading screens with people's shitty screenshots again soon (because youre doing yet another needless screenshot competition) can you PLEASE first implement an on/off thingy in settings so we can keep the default map as our loading screen, thanks!

if you read up a little bit earlier than ur comment, i very clearly got a few things to say about the watermark :)

Another solution to the bombard of shitty screenshots could be them actually picking out the pretty pictures as winners, that looks like its a background made for the loading screen in bdo. Instead of, their results this last event. :o (i loved the pictures won in margoria screenshot contest, difference being players voting, and who voted, cares?)

Edited by lithiel

Posted

Nerfs are inconvenient.

I think you are confused, or just a contentious person.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can someone please tell me the effect of using the Blackghosteg from the Quest? Ty !

Posted (edited)

I think you are confused, or just a contentious person.

I'm not contentious, I'm just telling you that patches can contain either convenient or inconvenient updates.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

if you read up a little bit earlier than ur comment, i very clearly got a few things to say about the watermark :)

Another solution to the bombard of shitty screenshots could be them actually picking out the pretty pictures as winners, that looks like its a background made for the loading screen in bdo. Instead of, their results this last event. :o (i loved the pictures won in margoria screenshot contest, difference being players voting, and who voted, cares?)

I wasnt very clear, my apologies.

My objection isnt to the quality of the screenshots, my objection is to them replacing the map.

Each day i play at least 5-7 of my characters, and i switch between them even more than just once each, in fact doing a rough calculation in my head right now i would estimate that i switch possibly 50-75 times a day (it can vary of course, sometimes i spend a lot of time combat grinding one char, other times i regularly switch between several - for example last few days ive been doing a circuit of mineral harvesting, then switching to an alt who is tending a farm of crops, then back, another circuit of minerals and back again to the farm, etc.)  There is also the beer and petfood alt who i switch to, to recharge pet health and workers, and many other reasons to switch between my 5 harvester characters, 3 combat characters, then theres building failstacks, yet more switching, so actually could be higher than my estimate.

And during all this switching i like to see the map because it swows me while im loding in where this particular alt is currently located, and reminds me of other things like quests they havent done yet (because of the yellow squares with the ! in them across the map etc). And frankly this map/loading screen is something i like about this game.   What i really dont want to see is the same 3 or 4 screenshots 75 times a day, even if i only see them for a second or so each time

All that aside - just so you know i did read your post - i did see the many objections to the watermark, and im still not convinced thats what people are really upset about,  but its just as likely you cant see why i'd be upset about the removal of the map for screenshots, we are all different and have different tastes, but me, ive only taken aobut 5 screenshots in over a year of playing, and that was the 5 i took for the dark knight forum (which i whttled down to 1) "post your dark knight pics here" thread.

And the problem with "them actually picking the pretty pictures" is that "pretty" is subjective, it varies from you to me, and to everyone else, if you need proof of that just look at any of the forums "post your character here" threads.  Genuinely ive only liked one of the screenshots that ive seen, and that one was so good (imho) that i can still see every detail of it in my minds-eye, that was from the Magoria set, but the other 3 or so were so boring and uninspiring they made me ... hmm not angry exactly, but they certainly annoyed me, specially for the 25th time that day

Any-who, whether or not i, you or anybody else love or hate the screenshots has no bearing on my request, which is to give us the ability to opt out of seeing them.  Everyone can win, those who want to see them can, and those who dont wish to see them can bypass them and stick with the map.    I just want my map... me wuv Mappy mkay :)

Posted

On musa there are pasive skills that require lvl 70,80,90 ... its the one that gives evasion .... fix that !

Posted

I wasnt very clear, my apologies.

My objection isnt to the quality of the screenshots, my objection is to them replacing the map.

Each day i play at least 5-7 of my characters, and i switch between them even more than just once each, in fact doing a rough calculation in my head right now i would estimate that i switch possibly 50-75 times a day (it can vary of course, sometimes i spend a lot of time combat grinding one char, other times i regularly switch between several - for example last few days ive been doing a circuit of mineral harvesting, then switching to an alt who is tending a farm of crops, then back, another circuit of minerals and back again to the farm, etc.)  There is also the beer and petfood alt who i switch to, to recharge pet health and workers, and many other reasons to switch between my 5 harvester characters, 3 combat characters, then theres building failstacks, yet more switching, so actually could be higher than my estimate.

And during all this switching i like to see the map because it swows me while im loding in where this particular alt is currently located, and reminds me of other things like quests they havent done yet (because of the yellow squares with the ! in them across the map etc). And frankly this map/loading screen is something i like about this game.   What i really dont want to see is the same 3 or 4 screenshots 75 times a day, even if i only see them for a second or so each time

All that aside - just so you know i did read your post - i did see the many objections to the watermark, and im still not convinced thats what people are really upset about,  but its just as likely you cant see why i'd be upset about the removal of the map for screenshots, we are all different and have different tastes, but me, ive only taken aobut 5 screenshots in over a year of playing, and that was the 5 i took for the dark knight forum (which i whttled down to 1) "post your dark knight pics here" thread.

And the problem with "them actually picking the pretty pictures" is that "pretty" is subjective, it varies from you to me, and to everyone else, if you need proof of that just look at any of the forums "post your character here" threads.  Genuinely ive only liked one of the screenshots that ive seen, and that one was so good (imho) that i can still see every detail of it in my minds-eye, that was from the Magoria set, but the other 3 or so were so boring and uninspiring they made me ... hmm not angry exactly, but they certainly annoyed me, specially for the 25th time that day

Any-who, whether or not i, you or anybody else love or hate the screenshots has no bearing on my request, which is to give us the ability to opt out of seeing them.  Everyone can win, those who want to see them can, and those who dont wish to see them can bypass them and stick with the map.    I just want my map... me wuv Mappy mkay :)

I agree with you, we should have the options, because we are different, thats why i would like a option to turn that watermark off, and the rest who never really care taking screenshots, dont have to deside or change any settings. And about seeing the map, i linked a comment from the cherry blossom event, where Kyndragon asked @CM_Aethon  to give a respond, if its possible to deside seeing what we want on the loading screen (like just the map) :)   

Im taking over 100 pictures each time i do take them, then i sit for around 30 min - 1hour sorting out so i end with around 1-5 pictures from that "theme", location, event i wanted to capture and share.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please reroll the game, patch is not working properly to many issues to count.

Posted (edited)

• The range of the Marketplace prices immediately available for purchase (Lowest Price) has been broadened.
    Care to explain the above? I do not understand it.

• Duels can only be enabled when character’s HP is full.

• If a character calls off a duel, the character’s HP will be fully restored.

Why tho... I completly disagree with this, now people cannot reset each other. This leads to lower duels in general, which is already LOW AF
    ( In my experience ). Why not just add the second line?

• Event EXP boost and item EXP boost will not be stacked if you are under Lv. 30.
    Was this necessary? 

Party members will not be automatically added to your friend list. 

• FINNALY, THE FRICK? I have so many random Plebs, that I didnt even find friendly, but they automaticlly got added to my friend list... this... why did this change take so long? Lol. SMH...

• Now players can receive messages when a new horse is registered to the horse market. 
    Good. Now I can know when I failed to buy another T7-8 horse :D 

• Character’s zodiac sign will be chosen at random when creating a character. 
      Lul

You can now buy stackable items from the Marketplace by pressing Enter or Space instead of clicking on the Buy button.
      Gud

Snowfall effect on combat areas can be toggled from Game Settings (Display).

Hope this stabilizes my fps more ...

Edited by Anc0

Posted (edited)

You can now adjust the window size in Window Mode.

- this doesn't work for me. Also, why the hell can't we change settings anymore during horseriding?

Edited by Anneturtle