• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - April 5th 2017

240 posts in this topic

Posted

It's definitely smoother for me. +1

what are you spec's ? mine is amd FX-8370 and  Nvidia gtx 970 12GB ram DDR3 1333

Posted

what are you spec's ? mine is amd FX-8370 and  Nvidia gtx 970 12GB ram DDR3 1333

i7 6700k OCed to 4.7GHz, GTX 980Ti, 32GB DDR4, use 3440x1440p at High setttings-- used to get ~30FPS in busier parts of town, now I don't think I've dipped below ~40 for longer than a second.

1 person likes this

Posted

can anyone explain me this egg event?  got 5 of every egg and got one black who gimme useless buff for 15 min ...that s all ? or i miss something ?

Posted

i7 6700k OCed to 4.7GHz, GTX 980Ti, 32GB DDR4, use 3440x1440p at High setttings-- used to get ~30FPS in busier parts of town, now I don't think I've dipped below ~40 for longer than a second.

Question.  Do you have msi afterburner running in the background when playing bdo?

Posted

A watermark for screenshots has been added.

EW NO! Whats the point? 

PGtvzTc.png

• Character’s zodiac sign will be chosen at random when creating a character.

WHY? This makes no sense! Why would you remove choice? This is especially bad for is Roleplayers!

1 person likes this

Posted

WHY? This makes no sense! Why would you remove choice? This is especially bad for is Roleplayers!

They didn't, they just let you skip a step for people who don't give a toss about zodiac. You can change it at your leisure.

Posted

Question.  Do you have msi afterburner running in the background when playing bdo?

Nah, had a bad experience a few GPUs back with similar software.

I just go straight through BIOs for the overclock utility.

EW NO! Whats the point? 

I think, IMO, it gives a level of reality. It's not like it's cemented-- if you're given "Key" you can switch to a different sign in the character creator.

Posted

I think, IMO, it gives a level of reality. It's not like it's cemented-- if you're given "Key" you can switch to a different sign in the character creator.

I have never seen the option to change my choosen zodiac sign i picked from beginning, i checked in beauty to change character looks and voices, i dont see any zodiac change option there, were do you find it, did you look in the beauty (character creator) after you made a character? because they are slightly different.

Posted

I have never seen the option to change my choosen zodiac sign i picked from beginning, i checked in beauty to change character looks and voices, i dont see any zodiac change option there, were do you find it, did you look in the beauty (character creator) after you made a character? because they are slightly different.

It's only available when you first create your character. You can't change the sign you're born under with surgery :P . Ultimately it's a niche factor that can be explored in RPs, but usually holds little bearing aside from how cool it sounds to say. There are some factors with amity gain, but it's minimal at best.

Posted

Egg event what can we win with thus event?

Posted

. You can't change the sign you're born under with surgery :P . Ultimately it's a niche factor that can be explored in RPs, but usually holds little bearing aside from how cool it sounds to say. There are some factors with amity gain, but it's minimal at best.

Im well aware how it works outside the game :) but then i dont understand your last comment "If you're given "Key" you can switch to a different sign in the character creator." and yes "It's only available when you first create your character"

Meaning = make a character - check sign - dislike? - delete - wait 24h zzz - make new character - rinse repeat. Which isnt as positive and simple as your comment comes out as (reason i responded :) ) 

Posted

Im well aware how it works outside the game :) but then i dont understand your last comment "If you're given "Key" you can switch to a different sign in the character creator." and yes "It's only available when you first create your character"

Meaning = make a character - check sign - dislike? - delete - wait 24h zzz - make new character - rinse repeat. Which isnt as positive and simple as your comment comes out as (reason i responded :) ) 

Ah my mistake, I was giving a specific example. In the character creator, if you get a sign you don't like (I used "Key" as my example, feel free to replace with whatever you're given), on the same character creator screen you can change the sign. It's just a preset randomized variable that gives you a random sign. I don't know if it's tied into the day you've created the character or if it's truly RNG. But you aren't forced into a sign, just given one at random that can be changed up until you've completed the creation.

Hope this helps!

Posted

can anyone explain me this egg event?  got 5 of every egg and got one black who gimme useless buff for 15 min ...that s all ? or i miss something ?

There should be an event coming from the Black Spirit but many people are having the problem with it not showing up (atleast I do). And I guess we can exchange them for something,

Posted (edited)

Ah my mistake, I was giving a specific example. In the character creator, if you get a sign you don't like (I used "Key" as my example, feel free to replace with whatever you're given), on the same character creator screen you can change the sign. It's just a preset randomized variable that gives you a random sign. I don't know if it's tied into the day you've created the character or if it's truly RNG. But you aren't forced into a sign, just given one at random that can be changed up until you've completed the creation.

Hope this helps!

no problem, I personally don't feel bothered about the zodiac sign, but I understand roleplayers, I picked dragon for all my character, quickly in my logic, that sounded coolest, so sure all should be a "dragon month clan", and even tho I'm not  playing that tiny thought out in the game, there might be some people who do roleplay using their zodiacs aswell, and changing this might ruin their future characters "histories". This patch huges amount of tiny weird changes, the one bothering me was the screenshot watermark change.  

Im curious what the reasoning is behind it all, did some in kr exploit the zodiac by picking a specific one back in the beginning of the game? do they lack more rng content ? 

Im  just trading thoughts here,  i   dont  understand what the developers are going for here, it seems like many of these changes the developers wanted, only help reduce content, that worked perfectly fine before this patch. o.O 

(im reading your last comment again, i think i missunderstand again xD sorry, if i understand now, havent we always been able to do that before creating our character? i did all mine dragon before creating, the game didnt suggest mine to dragon

Edited the best i could, i dont understand how to change it xD

Edited by lithiel

Posted

There should be an event coming from the Black Spirit but many people are having the problem with it not showing up (atleast I do). And I guess we can exchange them for something,

...awesome i lost 10 eggs of each for useless one..thx kakao i hope for a compesention

Posted (edited)

You can get decorative eggs for your house.  The Black Spirit gave me a Flonder Goose Egg Table Decor for turning in one Rainbow Flonder.

Here are the Egg Quest Requirements & Rewards from Florin.. *Trade Manager, *Skill Instructor, *Jeweler, & *Herb Vendor.

BDOEggEvent.thumb.png.f255067ce9231e4e51

Here is the size and look of it once placed in a house..

egg_in_house.thumb.png.0f918f923165a95de

Edited by Aphy
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Flonder Event (House Decoration) - Where do you exchange the eggs to get them???

I read last year's event and there were certain NPC you exchange the eggs by finishing their quest. This year, I don't see any information about it. The only quest is the Black Spirit to earn the Goose Egg Table Decor, then the daily quest at Florin for a Black Spirit Egg (a 15-20 mins buff).

Edited by DarleneDarling

Posted (edited)

Flonder Event (House Decoration) - Where do you exchange the eggs to get them???

I read last year's event and there were certain NPC you exchange the eggs for the decoration. This year, I don't see any information about it.

In Florin.. various Npcs *Trade Manager, *Skill Instructor, *Jeweler, & *Herb Vendor.

Edited by Aphy

Posted

They didn't, they just let you skip a step for people who don't give a toss about zodiac. You can change it at your leisure.

Oh good. :) 

Posted

In Florin.. various Npcs *Trade Manager, *Skill Instructor, *Jeweler, & *Herb Vendor.

Thank you! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

And you think this solves, what exactly?

You really registered an account to say THIS?

Thank you. I like your brain.

Posted

i do have it on to check manually the speed of my gpu gtx 970

why ?

Posted (edited)

Ah I see.  I might try tinkering my gpu's bios instead of relying MSI AB

i do have it on to check manually the speed of my gpu gtx 970
why ?

Noticed, especially with this update, game seems to perform better without AB running in the background.

I still would like to run AB because I like to set my fan speed manually but with AB running, game seems to stutter more often for me.

Edited by lovemints

Posted

Ah I see.  I might try tinkering my gpu's bios instead of relying MSI AB

Noticed, especially with this update, game seems to perform better without AB running in the background.

I still would like to run AB because I like to set my fan speed manually but with AB running, game seems to stutter more often for me.

if  you do n't use AB then for gpu fans what program do you use to control ur fan speed of your gpu ?

Posted (edited)

Firstly, thanks for Choppy (super cute!), and of course thank you for the Kuno update, please don't let me stop you! :D There are also some nice improvements and I like the pet appearance change preview. Marketplace still need improvements, but it's good to see you are trying to improve it, so thanks. And lastly, thanks for the performance update, didn't really get to really try it, but hopefully it can't hurt.

Then, the watermark. Not a fan, but you can make it less apparent with options:

tbwaYv5.png

(NOTICE THE HAPPY CHOPPY HOPPING BEHIND! <3)

I'm sure there was something else but... no that's it for now. 

Edited by Lady Minuit
1 person likes this