• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

#RewardsGate

71 posts in this topic

Posted

Interesting that so many people are so bent out of shape over this. Every MMO makes changes from time to time, heck the games usually make disclaimers to the fact that content will change from time to time.

Are the rewards so friggin significant that it's worth losing sleep over? Nope. Would they be nice to have? Perhaps. But who really cares? So other players got something you didn't. Big deal. Even if you had received the items, the impact would have been so insignificant that a week or few later you'd have forgotten all about it.

There are much better things to get riled over.

It's mostly that these rewards attempt to reward people for being loyal to the game and loyal players get screwed at literally every turn by being the least rewarded segment of the player base. It's rather ridiculous.

Posted

This is the straw that broke your back?

Lol.

Welcome to our side of things ;)

I'm positive we'll get them ( like pre-order horses )
but in like 4-5months.

Posted

I change mind, fck you kakao.

not spending a dime untill I get my proper 5000k/10k rewards.

fcking garbage management.

One Thing they make brilliant:

They throw you through the "Kakao", a 100 Years old German Proverb:

You must never sink so low as to drink the cocoa (Poop) through which you are drawn

Posted

It's mostly that these rewards attempt to reward people for being loyal to the game and loyal players get screwed at literally every turn by being the least rewarded segment of the player base. It's rather ridiculous.

pretty much this.

Posted

Won't be spending my average $200 a week until I receive these items.

Posted

Interesting that so many people are so bent out of shape over this. Every MMO makes changes from time to time, heck the games usually make disclaimers to the fact that content will change from time to time.

Are the rewards so friggin significant that it's worth losing sleep over? Nope. Would they be nice to have? Perhaps. But who really cares? So other players got something you didn't. Big deal. Even if you had received the items, the impact would have been so insignificant that a week or few later you'd have forgotten all about it.

There are much better things to get riled over.

If so many people are and you're not, maybe consider it's us who are in the right? I mean, it's obvious that you werent affected but a bit of self awareness would be nice.

Dont you think it's ironic that it's a reward for loyal players > Only the most loyal of players are the ones screwed.

I mean, you cant make this shit up, it's beautiful in its own way.

Posted (edited)

How were loyal players screwed? Loyal players who hit 5k in the past weren't exactly complaining about the 5k reward when they received them. The only issue is that they didn't get what somebody else will receive when they hit the 5k mark. Complaining that somebody else got something that you didn't is ad-hominem at best. Especially when the rewards are so insignificant. The only concrete reward that anybody would hold on to would be the pet rewards, which the older 5k achievements awarded. The rest is general garbage that every player receives multiple times through various events repeatedly month after month anyway. Big deal.

If so many people are and you're not, maybe consider it's us who are in the right? I mean, it's obvious that you werent affected but a bit of self awareness would be nice.

Dont you think it's ironic that it's a reward for loyal players > Only the most loyal of players are the ones screwed.

I mean, you cant make this shit up, it's beautiful in its own way.

Okay, so let's consider those of you who feell "are in the right". What exactly did you miss out on? Seriously, what substantive item did you miss out on that would have dramatically changed the direction you took in playing the game? A reward you would never have even considered if not for the petty "ZOMG! Somebody got something I didn't". What exactly are you missing out on? What items were they awarded that gave anybody else a leg up over you.

Just because somebody got something you didn't doesn't mean you got screwed. They were just fortunate. That's all. That simple. Big friggin deal. It's not like they were handing out game changing items.

Edited by DenverRalphy
3 people like this

Posted

just sell the  Kama blessing and combat books on the store, what could go wrong?

1 person likes this

Posted

just sell the  Kama blessing and combat books on the store, what could go wrong?

Apparently that's "p2w elements".

Yes, that's something Kakao EU has actually said about Kama blessing and combat books. I know, I know, it's ridiculous.

Posted

I change mind, fck you kakao.

wow so much venom finally directed the right way

We complain about communication all the time, they've just shown us they can't even communicate effectively within their own company so it makes sense why they're so inept at communicating with their customers

Posted

I had doubts. now confirmed. fcking douchebags idiots.

Now we need several stacks of shattered promises for a chance to get new content.

Posted

Guys at this point dont even read what other people write, just riot as fast as you can with a flurry of comments.

Posted

That's the way to support your most loyal players. :^) 

Go take the car you bought 5 years ago and ask for a refund for the current years price. Let me know how far that gets you.

2 people like this

Posted

Go take the car you bought 5 years ago and ask for a refund for the current years price. Let me know how far that gets you.

If you've been using the same car dealership for maintenance and car repairs over 5 years you can be damned sure they have some loyalty program. 

Posted

CARS AND LACK OF RESPECT FOR LOYAL COSTUMERS!

Posted

If you've been using the same car dealership for maintenance and car repairs over 5 years you can be damned sure they have some loyalty program. 

Hah! Yeah... HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! ROFL! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, no. They have plans to "make it look" like they do... but no. I've spent years working at a variety of car dealerships, and the one thing I'll tell you... if for a moment you think you're getting a loyalty discount... you've been screwed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hah! Yeah... HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! ROFL! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yeah, no. They have plans to "make it look" like they do... but no. I've spent years working at a variety of car dealerships, and the one thing I'll tell you... if for a moment you think you're getting a loyalty discount... you've been screwed.

I didn't say discount?

Posted

Shit is pure -----gotry at its finest.  GG

Posted

I didn't say discount?

Don't need to say discount. One of the number one rules in the Car Dealership industry is simple... Q: "When do you know when to milk them for more?", A: 'When they come back."

That applies whether you're there to buy another vehicle, or you bring your vehicle in for maintenance.

Posted

Loyal players who hit 5k in the past weren't exactly complaining about the 5k reward when they received them.

How would you know? Plenty of us complained about it on the Discord and at least one thread (that I noticed) on the forums here.

Especially when the rewards are so insignificant. The only concrete reward that anybody would hold on to would be the pet rewards

Tier 1 dog or cat? Hah. I'd trade it for a 7 day value pack, kamasylve blessing and book of combat in an instant.

Posted

Don't need to say discount. One of the number one rules in the Car Dealership industry is simple... Q: "When do you know when to milk them for more?", A: 'When they come back."

That applies whether you're there to buy another vehicle, or you bring your vehicle in for maintenance.

That doesn't mean that they don't have loyalty programs to get people to come back. Customer retention is a fairly big deal in pretty much every industry that isn't a pyramid scheme or other outright scam. Which is why it's mindboggling that the people behind BDO keeps pissing on loyal players whenever they get the chance.

Posted (edited)

wew

wew

1455059114159.gif

Edited by Cyclegreen

Posted

Hey, its Kakao..... no other MMO would not do it, but "KAKAO" needs to be "special" against their Customers....

Honestly I am not sure when utterly whiney kids took over this world but its really sad. These "reward" is free stuff that is pretty trivial I honestly couldn't give a crap if they deleted my 5000k free reward for simply being logged in. You kids seriously have no real concept of anything beyond entitlement anymore its disturbing....you are crying and losing your mind over trivial meaningless free stuff in a video game its really sad. You got a 5k reward they changed it it might be a bit better oh well get over it, alot of things improve as these games evolve. Move on with life and stop crying about trivial things.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Tier 1 dog or cat? Hah. I'd trade it for a 7 day value pack, kamasylve blessing and book of combat in an instant.

Yeah... sure you may/might. But would you really lose sleep or get all worked up over it? A pet lasts for as long as you wish to keep it (and continues on as a breed should you choose). Is a 7 day value pack really THAT important? Nope. Kamasylve blessing... yeah nice to have, but in no way game breaking. Book of Combat? Please, those pop more often than they need to. 

Seriously... nobody pre-patch is left hanging. The pet is the only substantive item, and that hasn't changed.

The pissing and moaning is "ZOMG! I missed out on a temp item that I'd never known I didn't have if somebody else didn't get it!". Get past it. Move on. And keep on keepin on. You at best lost out on a minor item that's so inconsequential that it's not even worth noting. Get over it.

Edited by DenverRalphy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That brief moment when all the things you supposedly "did wrong" in the game turn out to be right, now all I have to do is wait 2 years.

bill-cosby-face.jpg

Edited by Beeso

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0