• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

#RewardsGate

71 posts in this topic

Posted

A pet lasts for as long as you wish to keep it (and continues on as a breed should you choose). Is a 7 day value pack really THAT important?

I already have 4 tier 3 pets and 2 tier 4 pets. Value pack saves me money while a tier 1 pet is just useless unless I breed it (which costs money).

Posted (edited)

I already have 4 tier 3 pets and 2 tier 4 pets. Value pack saves me money while a tier 1 pet is just useless unless I breed it (which costs money).

Doesn't matter. Did you piss and moan about the reward that you received at 5k? Did you actually lose anything? No. So the 5k awards got upgraded. Whoopdy friggin do. What did you lose? Nothing.

The flaw in the logic of all these 5k rewards threads is that people feel like they lost something. When in all actuality that's not the case. So somebody else got something additional. Big deal. The additional rewards are inconsequential. And likely burned out and used within days. Who really cares? The only people that care are kids who feel like they're entitled to everything anybody else receives, because that's their mentality. Or adults who haven't matured past the maturity level of young kids.

Get over it, get past it, and move on. Who really gives a flyin flip over it. Nobody but the petty person who can't get past petty things.

If you're a kid... get used to it. If you're an adult, grow the flip up.

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Are they seriously not sending out the 5000 hour rewards at all or just not yet?  There's a big difference.  I literally just accepted my 5k hour reward like.. yesterday too.. not sure if it would have changed had I not accepted it but that's pretty tilting if it was the case

Posted

Are they seriously not sending out the 5000 hour rewards at all or just not yet?  There's a big difference.  I literally just accepted my 5k hour reward like.. yesterday too.. not sure if it would have changed had I not accepted it but that's pretty tilting if it was the case

As it stands right now, since we have only that one communication to go by and god forbid we draw conclusions based on it.

We're never getting the extra rewards.

Posted (edited)

How were loyal players screwed? Loyal players who hit 5k in the past weren't exactly complaining about the 5k reward when they received them. The only issue is that they didn't get what somebody else will receive when they hit the 5k mark. Complaining that somebody else got something that you didn't is ad-hominem at best. Especially when the rewards are so insignificant. The only concrete reward that anybody would hold on to would be the pet rewards, which the older 5k achievements awarded. The rest is general garbage that every player receives multiple times through various events repeatedly month after month anyway. Big deal.

Okay, so let's consider those of you who feell "are in the right". What exactly did you miss out on? Seriously, what substantive item did you miss out on that would have dramatically changed the direction you took in playing the game? A reward you would never have even considered if not for the petty "ZOMG! Somebody got something I didn't". What exactly are you missing out on? What items were they awarded that gave anybody else a leg up over you.

Just because somebody got something you didn't doesn't mean you got screwed. They were just fortunate. That's all. That simple. Big friggin deal. It's not like they were handing out game changing items.

I miss on 6,720 energy that would be translaterd into a couple hundred Advanced cooking Utensils, so I'm missing cooking, thousands of logs, so I'm missing my epheria boat, hides to do my grunil, pine sap to do my fishing boats, and a mysterious number of hard/sharp shards so I'm missing on my TET roulette that I'm on a full stop because of the lack of shards on the MP. . . I could go on.

I miss on maybe 100 hours of gathering gameplay, a couple of levels I'd get from the book since I'm 56, I'm missing on all my alts pusing level 55.

And also a couple bucks I'd save on 7 days of value pack.

I'd say that if a 7 Day Exp book and Kamasylve dont enhance your gameplay greatly, you're playing this game wrong, but well. . . this is BDO, I guess you just do different things.

EDIT: Oh yeah and the 20% loot drop increase. . .

im sad now :(

Edited by Hemuk
1 person likes this

Posted

Rewards for DOING WHAT?  ... should I just start face palming right now or wait till the part where ppl always start personally attacking eachother over it?

Are they seriously not sending out the 5000 hour rewards at all or just not yet?

It can't be *that* b/c I ALREADY got mine ...   only way I was ever going to get a 3rd pet honestly 

Posted

Rewards for DOING WHAT?  ... should I just start face palming right now or wait till the part where ppl always start personally attacking eachother over it?

Well you see. . . it's a virtuous and/or vicious circle, depending on how you look at it, I'll break it down for yah:

A no-lifer plays this game alot.

That no-lifer doesnt get 7 days of enhanced gameplay.

Compared to other players, the no-lifer would squeez the shit out of those 2 items, so his/her "loss" is greater than what the average player can empathise with.

Casual player doesnt understand cause he's casual.

Casual player isnt even close to 5k hours on.

It's easy for casual player to point and laugh, why? cause he/she is casual, wasnt affected and for some reason thinks he/she has the right to be posting in this thread as if he/she is involved.

Which ofc, is not the case.

And so here we are, not only mad cause we got screwed, but even more cause random unaffected players come and taunt us when they should just piss off from something that doesnt concern them.

Then again this is BDO forums.

Posted

Yet more evidence they don't give AF about their customer base.

Posted

Yet more evidence they don't give AF about their customer base.

They most certainly do.

As long as it's new and has no idea of the crimes they've committed to the existing player base, i.e. still willing to open their wallets ;)

Posted

Cuckao'd

Posted

Minutes maybe?

Can't.   The 0's we us for minutes have been taken up by the 'Time since last server lag bomb" sign since DK launch.  Don't see that sign getting taken down any time soon apparently.

Posted

This is a non issue, the 5k was a pet, we got a pet, the kamasilvia and book are nice buffs but hardly anything to rage over.  The real awesome thing here is that they changed the 10K reward to something good, it use to be just plan junk that at 10k hours is pointless (skill and appearance change 30 days).  

Now we get a black crystal, maid, 30 day value pack and some mem frags...  10x better reward.

2 people like this

Posted

Turbo Autists B T F O

Posted

Loyal players are not interesting for kaka they allready spent their money, newb pleb that is yet to spend some cash on BDO is kaka interested in.

Posted (edited)

go @$%^@ yourselves cucko

never recommending this game to anyone after this crap

rewarding loyal players? nah.
stable servers? nah
remotely close PvP balance? not even!
game system designed around endless progression? yup.
amazing combat system? absolutely, but PvP scene is dead because of balance and server performance.

marketing/customer teams built around new players over retaining long term players? Yup,
Dime a dozen MMO's run like this one is atm

Edited by Smoldering

Posted

Loyal players are not interesting for kaka they allready spent their money, newb pleb that is yet to spend some cash on BDO is kaka interested in.

You are grossly underestimating just how much money some loyal players have sunk and will sink into the game.

Posted

So basically, a 7 day value pack, kamasylve and combat book? Oh noes, how will my BDO life continue without that? 9_9

On a more serious note, these are all temporary items. None of them gives a permanent advantage such as the pet which was already present in the initial reward package. For someone like me with actual real-life obligations, those 7 day duration kind of boons are even less valuable because I can pretty much only make real use of them during weekends if I choose to, so it's more of a "2 days and something" kind of deal.

That said, this is nothing - absolutely nothing - compared to the ridiculous amount of freebies some "veteran" players managed to snatch by abusing the login rewards of three servers prior to the merge. Already forgotten about that? Suck it up, hypocrites.

2 people like this

Posted

So basically, a 7 day value pack, kamasylve and combat book? Oh noes, how will my BDO life continue without that? 9_9

On a more serious note, these are all temporary items. None of them gives a permanent advantage such as the pet which was already present in the initial reward package. For someone like me with actual real-life obligations, those 7 day duration kind of boons are even less valuable because I can pretty much only make real use of them during weekends if I choose to, so it's more of a "2 days and something" kind of deal.

That said, this is nothing - absolutely nothing - compared to the ridiculous amount of freebies some "veteran" players managed to snatch by abusing the login rewards of three servers prior to the merge. Already forgotten about that? Suck it up, hypocrites.

Oh please, are we really still on the merger thing? It was a minority who benefited majorly from it.

The downright spitting on loyal players is a continuous thing though.

Posted

this is nothing - absolutely nothing - compared to the ridiculous amount of freebies some "veteran" players managed to snatch by abusing the login rewards of three servers prior to the merge. Already forgotten about that? Suck it up, hypocrites.

Yeah, because we all knew and exploited it, you know...

Posted

Well the merger thing was like a good billion if not more worth of items...  its bogus...  really...  but whatever.  The real takeaway here is that the 10k reward now is legit worth it.

Posted

What a pointless rant.

Loyal players will be retroactively rewarded with 5k hour goodies they missed out on. A second edit was made to the announcement page.

2 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0