• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BRING BACK EXP LOSS ON DEATH

45 posts in this topic

Posted

One of the things I really thought was great about the game was the exp loss WHENEVER you died. That's how it was on release and that's how I wish it was now. For me, being the asshole I am, I liked fighting players at grind spots nullifying their hours of play and possibly having my time wasted as well. People were actually a lot slower to flag back then as well.

Only exception I see would be no exp loss for node wars and the like.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

No, NO ONE likes EXP loss, multiple Polls have shown

Edited by Caduryn
4 people like this

Posted

Go -karma. then you can loose all the xp you want

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes please.

Posted

So the no lifer hard core players can drive the other 99% of the players out of the game?  Lol.  No thanks.

Posted

No, NO ONE likes EXP loss, multiple Polls have shown

Let's be honest...you really can't trust any of the polls as most people never go to the forums.  I'm not saying you are wrong, but the polls don't say much.  

Posted

No way man. this will be destroy the game completly. thousand of lvl 60-61 will perma kill low level just for fun to stop thier progression.

4 people like this

Posted

Better solution: If a player is killed in Open world PvP, force them to spawn at town. 

2 people like this

Posted

Dr. strange demonstrates the power of cheese. #KarmaBombwithStyle

MV5BMTQ3MTM3NjI1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTYx

5 people like this

Posted

Go away.

At level 60, I don't want to lose 2-3 hours of my life over a PvP death. I don't want to pay 50 cents to ensure that I don't receive that XP loss.

I'm an avid PvPer, I fight people and all the time over camps. There is little grief between parties, win or lose, people move on. You have tons of channels to swap to should either party be stubborn.

What would XP loss solve in your mind? I just don't see it...

2 people like this

Posted

He just want to feel good killing low LvL Players and delete their EXP.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL @ this troll thread.

Posted

Im going to be honest, this really only affected the casual players in my guild back in the day, but it basically destroyed the game for them.  I would have 100s of elions so it didnt matter, but going to an area and losing 10% exp because someones a ----- is kinda bs, especially with how long it takes for each percent.

Posted

Go away.

At level 60, I don't want to lose 2-3 hours of my life over a PvP death. I don't want to pay 50 cents to ensure that I don't receive that XP loss.

I'm an avid PvPer, I fight people and all the time over camps. There is little grief between parties, win or lose, people move on. You have tons of channels to swap to should either party be stubborn.

+1

People talk about defenceless newbies getting killed and stuff, but I'm sure they'll get over it eventually. After all, they can grind the EXP back in a few minutes.

Loosing 2-3+ hours grind progression at level 60+, because random turd decides to kill you while afk "for fun" or jumps you from behind with 100% skill while you're busy with mobs, that's so much worse. I cant even grind 2+ hours on normal weekdays, so would be days of progression gone for me in one single death.

I spend enough money on this game as it it, so no thanks for having to buy stacks of Elion's Tear just to do PvP. Loosing 1% EXP at level 60 just isn't an option, you would be forced to pay every single time you died.

If they seriously want to do something about people running back after loosing in PvP, there's so many other solutions. Many mechanics that already exists in-game here(or in other regions of BDO)and could be applied to open world PvP. The main problem isn't the removal of EXP loss, it's the fact that Kakao refuses to address the issues we have now. 

Posted

OP
r u nuts ?

1 person likes this

Posted

He's a troll, now after the reactions he won't post any reply.

1 person likes this

Posted

here's another good idea: rubbing your balls with sandpaper o.O

1 person likes this

Posted

Op - I am certain that you can find invalids irl with whom you can box.  After beating them to feel superior, then you can yell pwned.  That's your style.

Posted

XP loss on death was never a good idea, and will never again be a good idea, tere are plenty of other alternatives to improve the karma situation. Tho keep in mind there is NOTHING in the works to actually change this a long time, so roll a dark knight or a withcard alt and start karma greifing. the name of the game is PA-DO Passive Agressive Desert Online

1 person likes this

Posted

One of the things I really thought was great about the game was the exp loss WHENEVER you died. That's how it was on release and that's how I wish it was now. For me, being the asshole I am, I liked fighting players at grind spots nullifying their hours of play and possibly having my time wasted as well. People were actually a lot slower to flag back then as well.

Pls bring this back so that filthy plebs will think twice before griefing.Anyone that played back then before exp lose would know how great of a system it was and how it stopped the amount of bullshit you see these days in pirates. 

Posted

Pls bring this back so that filthy plebs will think twice before griefing.Anyone that played back then before exp lose would know how great of a system it was and how it stopped the amount of bullshit you see these days in pirates. 

I wonder if someone stronger than you kills you one shoot and your entire party... you might eat your own words.

Posted

I wonder if someone stronger than you kills you one shoot and your entire party... you might eat your own words.

1.i don't grind in partys

2.I have played with such a system and it made pvp more exciting and stopped all the griefing and karma bombing bullshit.

I know what i am talking about.

Posted

Until someone bombs you 5 times...that's 5%...on level 60 ...well that is just mean...or drains you out of Elion's Tear...

Posted

No

Posted

Make the first death to PVP free, after that you receive a debuff for 30 min like the desert where every time you are killed you suffer .5 or 1 % xp loss per death, or if you don't like that make it so you can break crystals, there has to be some kind of loss associated with Karma bombing. 

The first free death removes the ganking aspect because you can just leave and go somewhere else.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0