• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BRING BACK EXP LOSS ON DEATH

45 posts in this topic

Posted

1.i don't grind in partys

2.I have played with such a system and it made pvp more exciting and stopped all the griefing and karma bombing bullshit.

I know what i am talking about.

Sure you do...... HA HA

Posted

Make the first death to PVP free, after that you receive a debuff for 30 min like the desert where every time you are killed you suffer .5 or 1 % xp loss per death, or if you don't like that make it so you can break crystals, there has to be some kind of loss associated with Karma bombing. 

The first free death removes the ganking aspect because you can just leave and go somewhere else.

This is when entire guilds controlled all the good grinding spots back before the change so no ty - this was one (if not the main) reason for the change.  If you want xp loss on PvP death, start crusading for a PvP, low karma loss only channel.

Posted

No, NO ONE likes EXP loss, multiple Polls have shown

That's because everyone is a -----ing ----- and people don't want any type of risk or reward in any scenario.  Hardcore gaming is dead.

Posted (edited)

One of the things I really thought was great about the game was the exp loss WHENEVER you died. That's how it was on release and that's how I wish it was now. For me, being the asshole I am, I liked fighting players at grind spots nullifying their hours of play and possibly having my time wasted as well. People were actually a lot slower to flag back then as well.

Only exception I see would be no exp loss for node wars and the like.

OP
isn't at a point where you grind hundreds of hours to progress ,
HURDUR BRING BACK XP LOSS SO I CAN KILL PEOPLE IN MANES HIDEOUT WHEN I GRIND FOR MY LEVEL 52.
OP
will quit when he start dying at 57
OMG THE GRIND TAKES WAY TOOO LONG AND I KEEP GETTING KILLED, HALP , THIS GAME SUCKS.

play more than a month please .

That's because everyone is a -----ing ----- and people don't want any type of risk or reward in any scenario.  Hardcore gaming is dead.

I guess you're level 62 and over 550GS then ?
'cause THAT is what hardcore is at this point in BDO.
otherwise stfu. you ain't hardcore for shit.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

Even with exp loss back in the day you had karmabombers spamming ellion's tears, although not as common as your average karmabomber these days.

I did love the open world pvp back in the day where guilds controlled grind spots, which in turn would escalate into large scale fights only for people to go back to the grind spot and see that another group had taken it while you were fighting. You need to consider that we didn't have node wars/sieges either so finding our own group pvp where we could was needed if you liked group pvp.

However, guilds controlling grind spots meant that average players couldn't even come grind certain areas during normal playing hours. Also seeing how solo-centric grinding is these days and grouping rarely, if ever being efficient means that bringing back exp loss wouldn't mean that we would get back the sausan or kzarka shrine gvgs that we had back then.

Overall I'd say bringing back exp loss is not what this game needs currently to be a more healthy pvp game, and as long as elion's tears exist the game wouldn't get more exciting for high level players regardless. For lower level players it means jackshit cus 1% exp is nothing until 59-60.

I'd rather see solutions like being forced to spawn town or ramping up respawn timers to combat karmabombing tbh, if they removed elion's tears it would be another story and I would agree that bringing back exp loss could be a decent idea.

Posted

OPisn't at a point where you grind hundreds of hours to progress ,
HURDUR BRING BACK XP LOSS SO I CAN KILL PEOPLE IN MANES HIDEOUT WHEN I GRIND FOR MY LEVEL 52.
OP
will quit when he start dying at 57
OMG THE GRIND TAKES WAY TOOO LONG AND I KEEP GETTING KILLED, HALP , THIS GAME SUCKS.

play more than a month please .

I guess you're level 62 and over 550GS then ?'cause THAT is what hardcore is at this point in BDO.
otherwise stfu. you ain't hardcore for shit.

ya cuz that's how you define hardcore gaming, by grinding pve mobs until you fall over dead lol.

Posted

No, NO ONE likes EXP loss, multiple Polls have shown

I guess that is obvious. But that is not the point. When game have no consequences for keep dieing become boring, and this game is boring after this change. There is no -----ing emotions while grind beside boredom.  Also, exp lose would prevent people from raise lvl in to infinity. Because there is no lose, we have 62+ lvl character with huge advantage from it.

Posted

ya cuz that's how you define hardcore gaming, by grinding pve mobs until you fall over dead lol.

hen ?'cause THAT is what hardcore is at this point in BDO.

in BDO, yes, sorry you can't read.

Posted

in BDO, yes, sorry you can't read.

It is because they made it that way in order to appease the snowflakes. 

Posted

It is because they made it that way in order to appease the snowflakes. 

I'm not so sure about that.

If you had exp loss from all deaths, there would be like...3 guilds with 60's, and everyone else would be 57, maybe 58.  If I could cause exp death from ganking people, I would do it all the time.  ALL THE TIME.  You kill them, take their spot and you get their exp while they get to cry.  You gain level advantage on anyone not willing to play the way you do.

As it is now?  If i get ganked I still call my guild, we hunt the guy down.  They call their guild and it turns into a brawl.  There's no consequence in exp and it's still fun because you're literally fighting for street cred.  The swell of pride I get when i see the kills split like 100/40 in my guild's favor is worth it.  Though that's nothing compared to the elation of seeing them complain in open channel chat about how we zerged them and can't fight fair, have no skill, etc, etc.

This game is about beating everyone without your guild tag, whether it's fishing, gathering, taking nodes, claiming grinding spots, a horse race, whatever, it doesn't matter.  If you play this game totally solo that's fine, your choice, but I think you're really missing out on the whole point.  It's you and your bros against the world in this game, and the world is made of mobs and other players.  You need to beat them all, 

That there's no exp penalty for death is fine, look at all the complaining people do already?  Seems like ganking works great. ^^

Posted

I'm not so sure about that.

If you had exp loss from all deaths, there would be like...3 guilds with 60's, and everyone else would be 57, maybe 58.  If I could cause exp death from ganking people, I would do it all the time.  ALL THE TIME. 

Ya 3 guilds of 60's are going to go perma red and stop the entire server from going past 57 or "maybe" 58.

lol.  

Posted

Ya 3 guilds of 60's are going to go perma red and stop the entire server from going past 57 or "maybe" 58.

lol.  

That's not what i really said though.  3 guilds would have 60's, not all be 60's.  Most players would still be much lower level than they are now, is what I was trying to point out.

It might not be as drastic as I claim, but it would be a thing.  60's would be less common, that's for sure.  People would sortie as groups more often to grind spots as well.

Posted

That's not what i really said though.  3 guilds would have 60's, not all be 60's.  Most players would still be much lower level than they are now, is what I was trying to point out.

It might not be as drastic as I claim, but it would be a thing.  60's would be less common, that's for sure.  People would sortie as groups more often to grind spots as well.

Nobody is going to go perma red just to cause exp loss.  Lineage 2 had this same system and it didn't work out the way you are suggesting. Not even close.

Posted

Your posts make me doubt youre even close to level 60 yourself...

Posted

One of the things I really thought was great about the game was the exp loss WHENEVER you died. That's how it was on release and that's how I wish it was now. For me, being the asshole I am, I liked fighting players at grind spots nullifying their hours of play and possibly having my time wasted as well. People were actually a lot slower to flag back then as well.

Only exception I see would be no exp loss for node wars and the like.

You wish. You should lose double karma and double XP attacking people who are not into PvP

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't forget people that die at 0% XP need to lose a level and drop to 99% XP in the previous level!!!

Posted

That would be the final nail in the coffin for this game. 

Posted

Nobody is going to go perma red just to cause exp loss.  Lineage 2 had this same system and it didn't work out the way you are suggesting. Not even close.

You don´t know Humans..... no?

You would be impressed of WHAT People all do.

Posted (edited)

yea bring it back  hit 60 so i can kill everyone and than they quitt and after 3 month only the old people are still there and i could finally get a tree armor haha

Edited by Eletheriel

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0