• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LF> Easy Tier 8/9 Horse Flowchart

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

Hoping someone can give an easy flowchart-like for getting a horse to tier 8/9. I do understand RNG plays a big role, but I am trying to get an idea how people achieve those horses.

I.E. (what I've done):

• Captured wild horse Tier 3 M&F
    • Breed -> Result: Tier 6 M
    • Exchange -> result Tier 5 M
  • Captured wild horse Tier 4 F
    • Breed T4F&T6M?

I guess I want to know what's the "optimal" path to take.

Posted

Hello,

Hoping someone can give an easy flowchart-like for getting a horse to tier 8/9. I do understand RNG plays a big role, but I am trying to get an idea how people achieve those horses.

I.E. (what I've done):

• Breed T4F&T6M?

If you are lucky you'll get a T7 from breeding T4 and T6

Posted

If you are lucky you'll get a T7 from breeding T4 and T6

But assuming IF I do, and turns out Male, do people keep doing the whole RNG game with horses and wait for a female horse of tier 6,7 to bread with my "new T7M horse"?

Also, usually male horse have a spare Breeding capability, should it always be "rented out"? For my T3M, I just exchange and ignore the extra breeding.

Posted

Hello,

I.E. (what I've done):

• Breed T4F&T6M?

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ is probably what you're looking for.

Enter the 2 horses you're breeding and it'll give you an approximation of what you can reasonably hope for. Keep in mind that it's more of a general guideline, and RNG still plays a significant role. It's impossible to get a 100% accurate resource as nobody knows exactly the formula BDO uses to calculate the chances, so it was built after thousands of horse breeds were analyzed over time.

Posted

http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/horses/ is probably what you're looking for.

Enter the 2 horses you're breeding and it'll give you an approximation of what you can reasonably hope for. Keep in mind that it's more of a general guideline, and RNG still plays a significant role. It's impossible to get a 100% accurate resource as nobody knows exactly the formula BDO uses to calculate the chances, so it was built after thousands of horse breeds were analyzed over time.

Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough. What I want to determine if the breeding horses to aim for a Tier 8 is a "game" of training countless horses and no real "strategy". to put it in picture, see below and replace the picture with horses.

2pph2k2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Maybe I am not explaining myself well enough. What I want to determine if the breeding horses to aim for a Tier 8 is a "game" of training countless horses and no real "strategy". to put it in picture, see below and replace the picture with horses.

Actually, pretty sure I'm getting exactly what you're asking. Your're looking for a method to breed up to T8 (you can't to T9, that's impossible as T9's are awakened from T8's not bred).

You're looking for the best possible avenues to breed up to T8. And you want a spreadsheet to give you the best possible route to get there. The link I showed you does exactly that. There's no better resource. Try as you might, you won't find one better. Accept it or don't.. but hey, the tool is there.

There's no magic formula to getting to T8. It's a long process with a lot of work. 

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Yup, somethinglovely horse breeding calculator is your best bet at getting there within a reasonable amount of breeds without wasting a breed. Keep in mind the horse breeding is completely RNG. So even if you have a chance at getting a foal at T8, but the range is T6-T8, you could still get several T6's in a row. It took me a while to breed for a T8, with many mediocre breeds before it. You may get lucky. Good luck with your breeding.

Posted

Hello,

I.E. (what I've done):

• Breed T4F&T6M?

Capture or buy T5 horses from the market.  Shoot for 1 male and 2-3 females.

Merchant wagon train them up to lvl 30x27 or 30x30.

Breed them, reset the male's breed so you can breed 4 times with him.

Your result will vary based on RNG, but my experience says you'll get mostly T6's and T7's.

Level up those T6's and T7's, if you have a male & female T7, level them to 30.  Otherwise for T6xT7's you can go with lvl 29x28, or lvl 30x27.

Your results will vary based on RNG, but by this breed you will have a small chance at getting T8's (many seem to be having beginner's luck so who knows you may have more than a small chance), medium chance at getting T7's, and decent chance at getting some T6's if you are unlucky.

No T8's?  Rinse & repeat, stick with as much T7xT7 or T7xT6 breeding as you can get out of your horses.  if you run out, go back to step #1.

Good luck.

1 person likes this

Posted

Capture or buy T5 horses from the market.  Shoot for 1 male and 2-3 females.

Merchant wagon train them up to lvl 30x27 or 30x30.

Breed them, reset the male's breed so you can breed 4 times with him.

Your result will vary based on RNG, but my experience says you'll get mostly T6's and T7's.

Level up those T6's and T7's, if you have a male & female T7, level them to 30.  Otherwise for T6xT7's you can go with lvl 29x28, or lvl 30x27.

Your results will vary based on RNG, but by this breed you will have a small chance at getting T8's (many seem to be having beginner's luck so who knows you may have more than a small chance), medium chance at getting T7's, and decent chance at getting some T6's if you are unlucky.

No T8's?  Rinse & repeat, stick with as much T7xT7 or T7xT6 breeding as you can get out of your horses.  if you run out, go back to step #1.

Good luck.

ahh thank; that's what I was wondering in the mechanic of getting a T8, if it had the "rinse&repeat" factor.

Thanks again; if you'll excuse me, I'll go pray to the RNG gods.

Posted

2pph2k2.jpg

That pretty much looks like my breeding history.

You may get lucky and get a T7 on your first try, and then a T8 when you breed your first T7 and T6 (or T7), and then it will be a courser.

Or you may not.

All the best!

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0