• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I've had it with random PKers...

126 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've bloody had it with these karma bombers/random pkers/aholes in general that just comes to your grinding spot and kills you cus you where in their way.

Just the bloody fact that the ones getting PKd are the ones being penalized instead of the PKer is just f***ing b***s*** and should never happen. And also the fact that the system that is supposed to "prevent" unfairly kills in the first place is too bloody easy to fix. It's like you are rewarding people for being aholes in this game and that's NOT how a MMORPG should be like, sandbox or not.

So i see 2 options out of this dilemma to fix this rather easy problem for Kakao to fix....

1: Add a new server, PvE only (eg, no PKing, unless youre in a bg/node war/duel or if you happen to meet someone else with PK on, but only if you also have it on).

2: Severely increase the amount of penalty from killing other players unfairly. Instead of having "karma" that you can regain by just grinding even more (which is BS in it itself as well), having a flat amount of "free kills" before you either get sentenced to jail (where you have to pay half of your total money from every storage you currently have money on to get out from) or having the guard of every city being able to aggro you (even the outpost guards) and kill you if you get too close. And the amount of "free kills" gets progressively lower the more you do it in a short amount of time (and that amount is shared on your family, so you cant just go pk again on another toon).

This is my 2 cents of the current problem and before you post "git gud nub" and stuff like that, i'm not the only one that just want to enjoy the game as it is and just being randomly killed by someone because "we where in their way" and that its actually encouraged to kill other players unfairly... The current system is just not enough, not even close. I've been killed so many times and every single time i've been told "git gud" and whatnot...

No. Just no... You guys are the ones that keeps players like me from fully enjoying the game. If you wanna pk, then go to a bloody BG or Nodewar! If that's not enough, there are plenty of "pvp-only" zones where you can kill other players without penalty.... That's all i'm asking.

edit: It seems that i was right about the people here. 90% of the repliers in this thread are the ones that says "Dont remove open world pvp or i wont be satisfied whenever i login" is all i hear from these people. Seriously, get a life.

Edited by Dajova
cleaned it up

Posted

The person getting PK'd isn't really penalized... The current system does not encourage people to PK. I'm honestly not sure if we're playing the same game here...

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've bloody had it with these karma bombers/random pkers/aholes in general that just comes to your grinding spot and kills you cus you where in their way.

Just the bloody fact that the ones getting PKd are the ones being penalized instead of the PKer is just f***ing b***s*** and should never happen. And also the fact that the system that is supposed to "prevent" unfairly kills in the first place is too bloody easy to fix. It's like you are rewarding people for being aholes in this game and that's NOT how a MMORPG should be like, sandbox or not.

So i see 2 options out of this dilemma to fix this rather easy problem for Kakao to fix....

1: Add a new server, PvE only (eg, no PKing, unless youre in a bg/node war/duel or if you happen to meet someone else with PK on, but only if you also have it on).

2: Severely increase the amount of penalty from killing other players unfairly. Instead of having "karma" that you can regain by just grinding even more (which is BS in it itself as well), having a flat amount of "free kills" before you either get sentenced to jail (where you have to pay half of your total money from every storage you currently have money on to get out from) or having the guard of every city being able to aggro you (even the outpost guards) and kill you if you get too close. And the amount of "free kills" gets progressively lower the more you do it in a short amount of time (and that amount is shared on your family, so you cant just go pk again on another toon).

This is my 2 cents of the current problem and before you post "git gud nub" and stuff like that, i'm not the only one that just want to enjoy the game as it is and just being randomly killed by someone because "we where in their way" and that its actually encouraged to kill other players unfairly... The current system is just not enough, not even close. I've been killed so many times and every single time i've been told "git gud" and whatnot...

No. Just no... You guys are the ones that keeps players like me from fully enjoying the game. If you wanna pk, then go to a bloody BG or Nodewar! If that's not enough, there are plenty of "pvp-only" zones where you can kill other players without penalty.... That's all i'm asking.

you realize it's a PvP game first and pve second. Without the threat of death ALWAYS looking overhead there is zero thrill to anything. In fact. You'll be pissed off even more because groups of weak players/bots come in and clear all your kills without anything you can do to disrupt them. Its all relevant. It is a working system. Don't wreck a game cuz you're afraid of being killed. Just get better. 

You sure It wasn't someone else's grind spot and you weren't just an annoying fly in their path? Cuz ive had people show up thinking it was their spot...when I had been there for hours already....so you gotta kill them of course. Or what...give up my spot to a whiny player who writes forum complaints immediately when presented with a challenge. 

Edited by Kitala

Posted

Clearly this isn't the game for you. 

You cant just go to the best grinding spots in the game and expect free reign because of your delicate and naive view on what should happen in a PvP game. 

In the future just stay away from all Asian mmos because if you don't like pvp then there's no point in playing any of them.

Posted

Lol are we playing the same game? You lose ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when you get pked. Whereas a pker gets huuuge penalties once he goes red after roughly 5 kills. You are just straight up wrong. When people killed you while you were grinding it's probably because you were in their spot or they wanted to take yours. The game is an open world pvp game and if you can't handle getting killed despite losing nothing you might wanna go back to solo player games. 

Posted

It's the person who gets pk'd who loses nothing. If anything, the person who dies should be penalized more. I've never been excited about xp loss in general, but I definitely think if you get pk'd you should be sent further away than the closest node, so you can't just keep respawning and harassing the person who killed you infinitely. Like, 1st death you can respawn at closest node. If you die again in a set amount of time, you get sent 1 node further away. Get pk'd again in a set amount of time? Get sent even further. Maybe not exactly that, but it gets the point across. Sure, the first time you die maybe you just got backstabbed, so you want to rechallenge immediately, but once you die like 5 times, you're just karma bombing, you can't beat that guy, so go farm somewhere that either you can actually farm efficiently or doesn't have this guy pk'ing you, instead of wasting everyone's time.

"It's just karma" is a comment someone would make who had never been in the red before, and doesn't understand exactly how easy it is to hit negative karma, even just defending your spot normally. The penalty for pk'ing is possibly too severe at present.

Posted (edited)

Just the bloody fact that the ones getting PKd are the ones being penalized instead of the PKer is just f***ing b***s*** and should never happen.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh god, such a joke.

At least it shows that you just don't have any idea of what you are talking about, and thus your input on the subject can be cheerfully laughed at without remorses.

Edited by Capitaine Courage
2 people like this

Posted

Lol are we playing the same game? You lose ABSOLUTELY NOTHING when you get pked. Whereas a pker gets huuuge penalties once he goes red after roughly 5 kills. You are just straight up wrong. When people killed you while you were grinding it's probably because you were in their spot or they wanted to take yours. The game is an open world pvp game and if you can't handle getting killed despite losing nothing you might wanna go back to solo player games. 

In case you haven't notice, you DO still lose items if you get pkd.... that or if that person just stunlocks you so the mobs can finish you off, you lose exp. So yeah, it is a SERIOUS problem.

Oh god, such a joke.

At least it shows that you just don't have any idea of what you are talking about, and thus your input on the subject can be cheerfully laughed at without remorses.

I bet you're one of those people that enjoys pking randomly cus no1 can touch you in sausans and below and only does it cus you cant touch the ones that have full boss armor...

Clearly this isn't the game for you. 
You cant just go to the best grinding spots in the game and expect free reign because of your delicate and naive view on what should happen in a PvP game. 

In the future just stay away from all Asian mmos because if you don't like pvp then there's no point in playing any of them.

Again, you must be one of those players that absolutely love killing other lowly-geared people out of fun and cant other ppl without going to the low-lvl zones to do so....

The person getting PK'd isn't really penalized... The current system does not encourage people to PK. I'm honestly not sure if we're playing the same game here...

Read above.

All of you guys are missing the point here and obv you didn't read the section of the post about that i dont care about calling me noob because i cant kill the ones pking me... I care about the fact that others can pk me so damn easily with close to no penalization to them and... YES! It is penalizing us lowly geared ppl because WE are the ones losing items and not them and WE are the ones getting thrown off the game cus some random idiot showed up and claimed the place we where at for no reason whatsoever.

So yeah, i might be bad at this game and it might not be my kind of game, but holy hell, it's YOU guys that encourages toxic behaviour from normally quiet players, JUST because of the simple fact that YOU have that much better gear and i dont. Simple as that.

.... and you can drop the act about trolling, this has by far been my longest post on this forum and i don't usually write this much, but obviously i need to explain everything to a normal player on this board, cus i seem to fail to let you see our point of view.... not my fault tho, but still only takes a normal person to understand where im trying to get at.

Posted (edited)

I bet you're one of those people that enjoys pking randomly cus no1 can touch you in sausans and below and only does it cus you cant touch the ones that have full boss armor...

I already have boss armor ... and no, I don't hang out at Sausans, and I don't attack people randomly.

Your frustration on the other hand seems quite out of control. Assumptions and salt flying all over the place.

I just call you on your BS, because the only thing you lose when PKd is ... roughly 45 sec, the time it takes to respawn and go back to your grindspot. The only thing you can drop are low value trade items that nobody really cares about. So no, you are not penalized besides having to respawn to a node 50 meters away.

But maybe you think that your hurt feelings (and ego) is a tredemous loss that everybody should care about.

It isn't.

2 people like this

Posted

I already have boss armor ... and no, I don't hang out at Sausans, and I don't attack people randomly.

Your frustration on the other hand seems quite out of control.

I just call you on your BS, because the only thing you lose when PKd is ... roughly 45 sec, the time it takes to respawn and go back to your grindspot.

But maybe you think that your hurt feelings (and ego) is a tredemous loss that everybody should care about. It isn't.

Well sadly i dont care what you think. This is a suggestion thread (maybe read the first post before posting?), not a thread where you can personally attack someone without any repercussion, where it seem that you have forgotten it.

Posted (edited)

Well sadly i dont care what you think. This is a suggestion thread (maybe read the first post before posting?), not a thread where you can personally attack someone without any repercussion, where it seem that you have forgotten it.

Ohhh, sorry sweetheart, I didn't know that your ideas had so much value that they couldn't be criticized, even more when your postulate is out of place since you don't really know what your are talking about.

You say BS, accuse people randomly, you're called on it. Quite simple.

The fact that you define yourself as the norm, whereas every poster iin this thread told to you that you were wrong, says long about your ego by the way.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ohhh, sorry sweetheart, I didn't know that your ideas had so much value that they couldn't be criticized, even more when your postulate is out of place since you don't really know what your are talking about.

You say BS, you're called on it. Quite simple.

Well i dont see a single word expressing your thoughts on that idea, so sorry if i didnt catch that. But i guess you where too busy slamming people like me for not liking the current system...

Posted

This topic gave me aids.

3 people like this

Posted

This isn't a theme park MMO with PVP neatly pushed to one side or planned battles.

It's an open world sandbox style MMO and that means you can get ganked. You lose literally nothing dying in pvp, whilst the one killing you has to spend hours grinding to regain the karma lost.

Both the changes you suggested would fundamentally alter the game in ways that would push away plenty of players. If you want a segregated, safe-zone-happy-time MMO, go and play something besides BDO and stop trying to force the game to change to be yet another theme park crapfest. Plenty of us are here specifically because it isn't that style of game.

Posted

This topic gave me aids.

same

Posted

Well i dont see a single word expressing your thoughts on that idea, so sorry if i didnt catch that. But i guess you where too busy slamming people like me for not liking the current system...

Oh, you want a schema or something reflecting my thoughts about your propositions ?

Ok

36agn2.jpg

Is this better ?

1 person likes this

Posted

It's obvious that Kakao have encourage this kind of behaviour cus everyone doesn't think like me, obviously. So just to get this straight, you guys love to kill other players just because you can or just because you love killing undergeared players?

Oh, you want a schema or something reflecting my thoughts about your propositions ?

Ok

36agn2.jpg

Is this better ?

Yes. At least you expressed your opinion and that's yours. At least its better than 90% of the playerbase that just posts memes in a suggestion thread is just despicable...

Posted

No, we love killing other players at grind spots because the game is built around a scarcity of resources and competing for them.

Why are you playing a sandbox MMO built around resource scarcity and competition if you don't want to fight over things? Why are you playing a game with open world PK if you don't like that?

It's like you ordered a cheeseburger and now you're whining about the fact it has cheese on it, when you knew full well it had cheese when you ordered it.

Posted

It's obvious that Kakao have encourage this kind of behaviour cus everyone doesn't think like me, obviously. So just to get this straight, you guys love to kill other players just because you can or just because you love killing undergeared players?

If you mean all undergeared are spotstealers who think everything must be shared then yes.

1 person likes this

Posted

No one noticed how good the creator of this thread is at baiting? You all fell for it. ALl he had to do was write something that would go against the "normal" and pew pew he got you all annoyed and salty

Posted

No, we love killing other players at grind spots because the game is built around a scarcity of resources and competing for them.

Why are you playing a sandbox MMO built around resource scarcity and competition if you don't want to fight over things? Why are you playing a game with open world PK if you don't like that?

It's like you ordered a cheeseburger and now you're whining about the fact it has cheese on it, when you knew full well it had cheese when you ordered it.

You obviously never read the first post at al. Ok, let me elaborate to you....

I love the style, the gameplay and alt-friendly system that the game offers, there is nothing (and i mean nothing) that compels me to do any pvp in the game, its just random pking cus people can that ticks me off so badly that this thread was made?

that enough for ya?

No one noticed how good the creator of this thread is at baiting? You all fell for it. ALl he had to do was write something that would go against the "normal" and pew pew he got you all annoyed and salty

Oh sorry, didnt mean to offend your personal space to a extent that made you make that post, im so sorry!

Posted (edited)

Random PK?

So you ride your horse somewhere and you get killed randomly? All day long?

Or do you get killed 'randomly' when you try to take a spot at sausans for example with the killspeed of a turtle?

Edited by DarkBever
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

99% of my open world pvp can be summed up into two types:

1. Guy comes into my spot and attacks my mobs. I ask him to leave. He doesn't. I flag and kill him.

Normal outcomes: 

• Guy doesn't come back and i continue grinding

OR

• guy rezzes and comes back to attack the mobs. I kill him a couple more times until i run out of karma.
  • I'm stubborn so i just keep grinding, attempting to go faster than him, and when i've grinded back enough karma to kill him again, I do.
  • this goes on until one of us gets bored enough to leave 

2. I'm grinding, someone comes and flags on me attempting to take my spot from me.

Normal outcomes:

• If i kill him, generally they don't come back.
  • If i lose and it's clear I can't win, I move somewhere else
  • if i lose but i dont think it was a fair win (like i didnt see him until he already had grabbed me and took half my hp) then i return and fight again            

What you should never do:

• -See someone grinding mobs
  • -Think that "These mobs don't belong to him! He should share with me!"
  • -Start killing the same mobs as him

If you are undergeared but there first, and lose:

• Grind somewhere else
  • Change channels
  • Ask guild members for help

-------------------
If you also follow these simple ways of playing, your problems will be solved. 

Edited by xcandykitten
1 person likes this

Posted

Random PK?

So you ride your horse somewhere and you get killed randomly? All day long?

Or do you get killed 'randomly' when you try to take a spot at sausans for example with the killspeed of a turtle?

"killspeed of a turtle" i dont care about killing things slow, i enjoy the game so you have no right at al to criticize me for playing the way i wanna play mkay? Its the fact the way others wanna play that involves to go around and pking random players as a way to make you feel good, then go right ahead.

Posted

You where so busy getting offended by the turtle part that you forgot to answer the question.

1 person likes this