• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I've had it with random PKers...

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Because people like you is what makes games like this game unplayable

Let's talk for a second about this. Clearly the game is not unplayable because there are people killing you. 

Also, join a guild. I've been pushed out of Sausans and Pirates before by PKers and I just let my guild know and we come and ----- up the guy/guys doing it. This is a PvP focused game, yes, but it is also a game where it encourages you to make friends and join a guild. 

3 people like this

Posted

I take any analogy i know of ANYTHING that is similar to the thing im refering to, so if you cant relate to that, then too bad. You just assumed i meant the entire game should be like BDO and just goes to show how little your world is...

Because people like you is what makes games like this game unplayable, because of attitudes like yours. And again, this is a suggestion thread, not a personal attack thread, thank you. Dont reply to a thread like this if you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute with.

I had plenty to offer, but your ego was too blinded to see that. Numerous ppl have given you what areas are highly contested, we have given you direct links, we have mentioned about gearing yourself, and taking a look at the other side.. You PVE ego has been bruised by one too many PKs I get it. It feelsbad! Been where you are and been on the other end as well. However I still want to know how are PKers rewarded and why you think there is no penalty. That you take penalty over them by being Pk'd?

Posted (edited)

Okay, let me just say that I'm also mostly a PvE player, mostly lifeskills lately cause I'm bored. I don't like PvP in this game for the sole reason of it's mostly gear2win. I've had a few chars past 56 (gonna go to 56 for my DK soon) and that I've experienced just about all aspect in the game, more than I'd like to. I've also met a lot of a--hole players who will kill the hell out of me without warning and I've also tried to kill people with successes and more failures than I'd like to admit.

Now that I got that out of the way, let me put my take on this thread.

- The game is advertised as having Open World PvP, can't do anything about that.
- It's not true that they are rewarded for Pking other people. If anything, it shits on them. While you lose nothing for getting killed, once they're red, they have a chance to lose a few % of exp, shatter their gems, drop trade items, and I think de-grade enhancement. With the Karma system, from my understanding, you can get around 5-6 kills before you get red? I'm not sure, other people probably have more understanding of it than I do
- As it is, the update that basically made it so whoever gets PKed (who isn't flagged) doesn't lose any exp gave rise to Karma bombers. Not gonna lie, I do it when I absolutely need to.
- When grinding, I tend to stay away from heavily populated areas like Pirates/Sausans. I do go around Valencia when I need to grind past 56.
- Okay, I'll admit that I'm lazy so I mostly just don't bother with PKers. They kill me? Fine, I'll find an odd spot that I can grind in my own pace. Cause chances are, other people have better clear speed than I do, so feeling that a grind spot is wasted on me, I just let them be. That's unless I'm doing a quest - which is when I announce it to people. They usually leave me alone. USUALLY. 
- When grinding, do be mindful of your clearspeed versus other people's clearspeed. Chances are, if they're better geared, they have better clearspeed. Don't let the mobs be wasted. They're rich in exp after all.
- I know how you feel about getting killed by randoms, but in all honesty, you can't change people's attitude about this no matter what. Before the game was released (i'm not sure if you were here then) a lot of people were offering the same kind of 'fix' to what is basically a free-for-all game. 
- I'm actually just glad they remove the exp penalty for dying from PKing. >.>

Welp, there's my opinion on this. Hope it gives you an understanding of someone who's in sort of the same boat as you but doesn't get angry about it anymore.

Well, i appriciate the thoughts at least. The reason why i made this thread to begin with is because the PvP is so unbalanced it's not even funny, if you dont have the appropriate gear (like minimum TRI). Since there is no normalization, i absolutely loath the random pking, cus i have no chance whatsoever no matter what i do anyways.... So yeah, people seem to forget that when they reply here.

Let's talk for a second about this. Clearly the game is not unplayable because there are people killing you. 
Also, join a guild. I've been pushed out of Sausans and Pirates before by PKers and I just let my guild know and we come and ----- up the guy/guys doing it. This is a PvP focused game, yes, but it is also a game where it encourages you to make friends and join a guild. 

I have a guild and no, that's not a issue. It's because youre either forced to group to even lvl up "normally" or get some of the best gear in game to even be able to stand up against random pkers is what's blatantly wrong about it in the first place.

I had plenty to offer, but your ego was too blinded to see that. Numerous ppl have given you what areas are highly contested, we have given you direct links, we have mentioned about gearing yourself, and taking a look at the other side.. You PVE ego has been bruised by one too many PKs I get it. It feelsbad! Been where you are and been on the other end as well. However I still want to know how are PKers rewarded and why you think there is no penalty. That you take penalty over them by being Pk'd?

My ego? please stop, before you turn yourself into a troll, because i'd hate to report you for just that alone....

Also the reason pkers are rewarded instead of the ones being pkd is because they dont lose ANYTHING for killing you, except some karma lost, which can be regained for grinding regardless and you've been forced to move to another area because you cant compete with them... SO essentially, the ones being pkd are being penalized by having their time AND trade items lost cus you where pkd...

Edited by Dajova

Posted (edited)

What is the point of MMORPG if not to get better gears and kickass while playing farmville on the side? the system is to push you to get better gears, skills, and comrades to be the king of the hill. And if you can't, use common sense, adapt, and move somewhere else.

Related image

Well, i appriciate the thoughts at least. The reason why i made this thread to begin with is because the PvP is so unbalanced it's not even funny, if you dont have the appropriate gear (like minimum TRI). Since there is no normalization, i absolutely loath the random pking, cus i have no chance whatsoever no matter what i do anyways.... So yeah, people seem to forget that when they reply here.

I have a guild and no, that's not a issue. It's because youre either forced to group to even lvl up "normally" or get some of the best gear in game to even be able to stand up against random pkers is what's blatantly wrong about it in the first place.

My ego? please stop, before you turn yourself into a troll, because i'd hate to report you for just that alone....

Also the reason pkers are rewarded instead of the ones being pkd is because they dont lose ANYTHING for killing you, except some karma lost, which can be regained for grinding regardless and you've been forced to move to another area because you cant compete with them... SO essentially, the ones being pkd are being penalized by having their time AND trade items lost cus you where pkd...

Do you even know how much work it is to gain karma vs how much you lose for PKing? there are penalties and you can read stories about ppl being dumb and pk too much.

Edit: To get a sense of the consequenses http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/41050-going-negative-karma-red-is-like-your-worst-nightmare/

Edited by BakaNeko
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What is the point of MMORPG if not to get better gears and kickass while playing farmville on the side? the system is to push you to get better gears, skills, and comrades to be the king of the hill. And if you can't, use common sense, adapt, and move somewhere else.

I dont dispute by having better gear, you "should" be technically better than them.... But in this game, its all about having money, having to enchant your gear up to the highest possible point, which is cancer in itself and which is why i play alts instead of forcing myself to even go to that point, cus there''s no point in it.

Because as long as they have 50 or more DP than what you have in AP, you can't do anything against them. Literally nothing and they can just stand there forever and laugh.

Do you even know how much work it is to gain karma vs how much you lose for PKing? there are penalties and you can read stories about ppl being dumb and pk too much.

Apparently not enough, because everyone is doing it, so... yeah.... that's that. They should be MORE penalized because that should keep them from doing it in the first place. And obv that guy deserved it, but its still not enough.

Edited by Dajova

Posted

7 minutes ago, Dajova said:

I have a guild and no, that's not a issue. It's because youre either forced to group to even lvl up "normally" or get some of the best gear in game to even be able to stand up against random pkers is what's blatantly wrong about it in the first place. Maybe someone is perma dec'd on your guild and instead of being pk'd you are a causality of war. 

My ego? please stop, before you turn yourself into a troll, because i'd hate to report you for just that alone....Report for what> Having an opinion??

Also the reason pkers are rewarded instead of the ones being pkd is because they dont lose ANYTHING for killing you, except some karma lost, which can be regained for grinding regardless and you've been forced to move to another area because you cant compete with them... SO essentially, the ones being pkd are being penalized by having their time AND trade items lost cus you where pkd...Pk'rs lose karma, can lose xp, gems, and gear reduction once they are negative. You penalty as you call is far less than the other side.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have a guild and no, that's not a issue. It's because youre either forced to group to even lvl up "normally" or get some of the best gear in game to even be able to stand up against random pkers is what's blatantly wrong about it in the first place. Maybe someone is perma dec'd on your guild and instead of being pk'd you are a causality of war. 

My ego? please stop, before you turn yourself into a troll, because i'd hate to report you for just that alone....Report for what> Having an opinion??

Also the reason pkers are rewarded instead of the ones being pkd is because they dont lose ANYTHING for killing you, except some karma lost, which can be regained for grinding regardless and you've been forced to move to another area because you cant compete with them... SO essentially, the ones being pkd are being penalized by having their time AND trade items lost cus you where pkd...Pk'rs lose karma, can lose xp, gems, and gear reduction once they are negative. You penalty as you call is far less than the other side.

Yes... That is the key sentence... "Once they have negative karma..." Because if you pking randomly, your karma hardly moves.

Edited by Dajova

Posted

Okay, read more of the replies here. I think people are more salty at the fact that the OP mentioned the 'rewards' of PKers and his proposal to fix it.

I think we can all agree that the system has flaws. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't do it's job. For one, it takes a very very very long time to grind back all the Karma from the max neg karma you can get. Never really experienced that, but I know a few guildies of mine had to plow through a lot of mobs just to grind back karma...and maybe do the quest for em too (at least that's what i read). So during that time, they can actually lose a lot.

The system itself does its job, alright. But thing is, we can't do anything about very geared a--holes that just goes to contested areas (most notably Sausans) just for the sake of PKing (again, I actually have a guildie who does this. I don't understand why >.>)

To be honest, I miss the time when gear was capped at +15 because everyone has a chance to get to it and when go on pvp, it's more skills than gear...(okay, let's be honest, that time had a few broken classes that can one-shot people...but still - a bit more about skill than gear) These days, gear is basically a money sink. I admit I hate this gear system but I knew what I was getting into. Still here a year later, after all

Posted

Yes... That is the key sentence... "Once they have negative karma..."

And if they are repeatedly killing as you say, then they would be negative quickly......

Posted

Okay, read more of the replies here. I think people are more salty at the fact that the OP mentioned the 'rewards' of PKers and his proposal to fix it.

I think we can all agree that the system has flaws. But it doesn't mean that it doesn't do it's job. For one, it takes a very very very long time to grind back all the Karma from the max neg karma you can get. Never really experienced that, but I know a few guildies of mine had to plow through a lot of mobs just to grind back karma...and maybe do the quest for em too (at least that's what i read). So during that time, they can actually lose a lot.

The system itself does its job, alright. But thing is, we can't do anything about very geared a--holes that just goes to contested areas (most notably Sausans) just for the sake of PKing (again, I actually have a guildie who does this. I don't understand why >.>)

To be honest, I miss the time when gear was capped at +15 because everyone has a chance to get to it and when go on pvp, it's more skills than gear...(okay, let's be honest, that time had a few broken classes that can one-shot people...but still - a bit more about skill than gear) These days, gear is basically a money sink. I admit I hate this gear system but I knew what I was getting into. Still here a year later, after all

This guy gets it. Seriously, did we actually have to make this thread 5 pages long before someone with a brain to come along and understand what i was trying to insulate in the first place instead of attacking me personally for being bad at this game... Seriously people...

Anyways, the system only does it job if you do it just for pking sake. But it does NOTHING against random pkers that only kills like 3-4 people because they where at the same area as you. Literally nothing.

Posted (edited)

I take any analogy i know of ANYTHING that is similar to the thing im refering to, so if you cant relate to that, then too bad. You just assumed i meant the entire game should be like BDO and just goes to show how little your world is...

Nope, just calling you on your mistakes and your lack knowledge about core game designonce again, since you mention loot and XP sharing in GW2.

BDO is entirely built upon ressource scarcity to create conflictual situations and induce biological competition between entities and groups of peers, because politics and emergent gameplay in order to get rid of one of the traditionnal themepark design problem : content drought.
That's like that in other games of this kind (EvE online, Lineage 2) and  is the exact opposite of GW2.

2 solutions when a conflictual situation occurs : negociation (because players can talk actually) or warfare (when negociation lead to a dead end), because geopolitics (emergent gameplay), with a karma system upon that to regulate conflict outside formally declared ones (node wars, GvG, sieges), as a cost for unilaterally impose your will in a beligerant way.
Said conflictual situations can be overcomed with one of the more organic tools of MMORPG : the social lever, aka calling your friends, guild, or anykind of good soul willing to help. When biological competition leads to cooperation to fight against a common threat.

And you seemingly totally fail to see that

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And if they are repeatedly killing as you say, then they would be negative quickly......

Not if they are at max karma, then it takes like 20-30 times.... i dont have that kind of time or patience to make them go under the value (i haven't actually made the calculation, but its more than enough).

Nope, just calling you on your mistakes and your lack knowledge about core game designonce again, since you mention loot and XP sharing in GW2.

BDO is entirely built upon ressource scarcity to create conflictual situations and induce biological competition between entities and groups of peers, because politics and emergent gameplay in order to get rid of one of the traditionnal themepark design problem : content drought.
That's like that in other games of this kind (EvE online, Lineage 2) and  is the exact opposite of GW2.

2 solutions when a conflictual situation occurs : negociation (because players can talk actually) or warfare (when negociation lead to a dead end), because geopolitics (emergent gameplay), with a karma system upon that to regulate conflict outside formally declared ones (node wars, GvG, sieges), as a cost for unilaterally impose your will in a beligerant way..

And you seemingly totally fail to see that

Ok, you're just failing to see anything what this thread was about in the first place now..., Can you make yourself a favor and not reply ever again here? Thank you.

Edited by Dajova

Posted (edited)

Open world pvp is one of the main aspect of bdo. Putting more penalty on the Karma system for neg players is like saying they need to be set on fire while they're already burning.

edit: also it actually takes around...5-6 kills? Before a player goes negative. Still doesn't stop them tho :(

Edited by freymarch

Posted

Open world pvp is one of the main aspect of bdo. Putting more penalty on the Karma system for neg players is like saying they need to be set on fire while they're already burning.

I dont mind the game having open world pvp, i never have. I do mind that the pvp normalization is so damned gapped between the lowly geared players and the highly geared players, its not even funny...

Posted (edited)

Not if they are at max karma, then it takes like 20-30 times.... i dont have that kind of time or patience to make them go under the value (i haven't actually made the calculation, but its more than enough).

Umm no I can tell you killing a 5 man party with max Karma.... Boom negative... So before you rant about the so called Karma system know it.  

Edited by Yukiosin
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ok, you're just failing to see anything what this thread was about in the first place now..., Can you make yourself a favor and not reply ever again here? Thank you.

Yeah, it is about you being salty because your ass has been handled to you, since you seem to play in tunnel vision mode and lack environmental awareness, and the fact that you don'tknow how the karma system actually works, what penalties it implies, and the fact you're failing to see how things works from a macroscopic point of view even when they're explained to you.

But everybody knows that since your first rant.

AM-i-Right.jpg

Edited by Capitaine Courage
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Umm no I can tell you killing a 5 man party with max Karma.... Boom negative... So before you rant about the so called Karma system know it.  

I do know about it and no, its not just 5 people that gets you to negative karma.

Yeah, it is about you being salty because your ass has been handled to you, since you seem to play in tunnel vision mode and lack environmental awareness, and the fact that you're failing to see how things works from a macroscopic point of view even when they're explained to you.

But everybody knows that since your first rant.

Im sorry, all i saw was the makeameme.org link....

Edited by Dajova

Posted

I do know about it and no, its not just 5 people that gets you to negative karma.

Yes it is, you fool !

5 kills and you are negative.

Do you see now why people call you on youir BS ?

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes it is, you fool !

5 kills and you are negative.

Do you see now why people call you on youir BS ?

Im sorry no, i dont see anyone else agreeing with you, you might pointing them out?

Posted

I've bloody had it with these karma bombers/random pkers/aholes in general that just comes to your grinding spot and kills you cus you where in their way.

get better gear, kill them. 

Posted

OMG are you serious!?!?!

If I flag on you and throw the first blow that is 10k right there. If I kill you that is an additional 60k... So if I start with max karma 300k and bomb a 5 man party that is a total of 310k karma loss, I will now be negative 10k. If one of you 5 kill me or a mob kills me, I then lose xp, gems etc.... So again what is your logic?

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont mind the game having open world pvp, i never have. I do mind that the pvp normalization is so damned gapped between the lowly geared players and the highly geared players, its not even funny...

yeah, it's the gear gap that's actually making it hard to defend yourself in the game. I mean, sure, let's go at it kill each other. But then you get clobbered much like how you can easily kill the mob in the area and all the fun is actually out of the window.

I'm probably gonna be duo forever :feelsbadman:

Posted

get better gear, kill them. 

Get out, no1 cares.

OMG are you serious!?!?!

If I flag on you and throw the first blow that is 10k right there. If I kill you that is an additional 60k... So if I start with max karma 300k and bomb a 5 man party that is a total of 310k karma loss, I will now be negative 10k. If one of you 5 kill me or a mob kills me, I then lose xp, gems etc.... So again what is your logic?

Sorry no, that is wrong. if that was the case then i would have seen alot less pking, but no....

Posted

@Dajova I think you've made your point quite clearly. So there's no need for you to keep responding and trolling/threatening the (clear majority of) players that don't agree with you.

If you don't want to enchant your gear past +15, you should not even consider grinding in Mediah/Valencia. You certainly shouldn't complain that people with PRI/DUO/TRI+ gear can kill you if it's 'too much of a headache' to enchant your own gear. You have also made it quite clear that your problem is not in fact with the system as you keep saying, and that it is with players behaviour, which Pearl Abyss and Kakao cannot and will not police, due to the nature of the game.

Several people have made legitimate suggestions to you regarding the fact that nobody has a 'right' to certain mobs or areas. The game revolves around competing for resources (as someone else already said).

You are kind of behaving like an entitled a-hole (again, it's been said already multiple times), so please realise it see that in a suggestions thread, everyone can respond with their own views.

Just to clarify I too am a player who, wherever possible, tries to resolve situations reasonably and without unnecessary violence. Sometimes I have to resort to flagging, most of the time this gets the message across, and it genuinely is an issue that people can repeatedly come back and karma bomb the way they currently can as if they are exercising some 'right' to vengeance for being 'unfairly' killed(???).

To wrap up my view of the core counter-arguments to yours, as I am entitled to:
Q: What do you lose when you are PKed? A: Nothing

Q: What do you lose when you PK? A: A large amount of karma, that takes a significant amount of time to get back.

Q: What do you lose when you die with -ve karma? A: See http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/41050-going-negative-karma-red-is-like-your-worst-nightmare/ 

Two final tips:
1. Left on low HP and killed by mobs? Use V. Or run away from mobs if you're being attacked by another player.
2. Stupid enough to carry trade items around on your person in meaningful quantities (the only thing I can think of would be a huge stack of coins from Pirates, which is a heavily contested spot anyway) in addition to ignoring 1.? You kind of deserve to lose them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Get out, no1 cares.

Again, you really treat others well.. No wonder why you can't play well in an Open World PvP game. 

1 person likes this