• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Daily Sailing Exp Research Thread

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As many of you are quickly learning, this last patch included a very interesting line of text that explained there was a way you can level sailing a little each day without risking your boat auto-pathing in the dangerous seas of Margoria and Ross. Not that anyone does that I'm sure. Enter, the new Sailing Exp Daily Quest.
When I arrived to Port Ratt and spoke to the quest giver, Sihuram, (she?) asks you to bring 'items' with you as you journey to mainland. You may select your destination, which in turn will be where you have to turn in the quest. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY ANYTHING OR TRADE ANYTHING. The quest just simply talk-travel-talk. Seeing that there are four options, I pondered which one to take as I guess the further the destination, the more experience you would receive. Finding which route is the best has lead me to create this thread. Below, will add data on my findings in hope to guide fellow sailors and provide them the same answer many of us are probably looking for right now. :) 

Thanks to the excellent brainstorming and feedback in this thread. I'm going to summarize many of the posts below.
How much Exp?
*Note, Exp Items do NOT affect quest exp*

Apr3 = 79% -Ancado
Apr4 = 39% -Epheria
Apr4 = 64% -Ancado

Garkin excellently provided this information:

Want to speed up this quest? Just leave one of your alts in Port Ratt (20+, because of quest filters) and every day accept quest on this alt. As repeatable quests are shared within the family, you will be able to complete this quest with any other character. So relog to your main character and complete the quest

Through the Rough Tides: Epheria - 80 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Basic (~8,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Velia - 100 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Intermediate (~10,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Altinova - 140 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Advanced (~12,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Ancado - 200 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Application (~15,000 XP)
Video of having an alt in Port Ratt, and turning it in on your 'sailor'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLrJjADtrA

Thank you everyone who submitted information.

Edited by Atias
Compliling
7 people like this

Posted

how do you start this quest i talk the the npc and get nothing what am i missing?

Posted

Honestly, I don't know. I did not have an issue. Perhaps check that you have all quests enabled. You can check by Pressing O to open up your quests, and making sure the little icons on the bottom of the window are lit up (orange). I hear some players have an issue after a patch it turns all the preferences off.

Posted

Yep, Kakao and PA again showing that effort doesn't mean shit in this game

Posted

At skilled2 i got 13% form the Ancado quest
Also tested the velia one with an alt and went from beg1 0% to beg6 75%

Posted

Well thats pretty dang awesome!  Looks like I'll be doing these now xD 

Posted

At skilled2 i got 13% form the Ancado quest
Also tested the velia one with an alt and went from beg1 0% to beg6 75%

this sounds just like the hunting missions, i did one and get to exactly beginner 6 75%.

Posted (edited)

Want to speed up this quest? Just leave one of your alts in Port Ratt (20+, because of quest filters) and every day accept quest on this alt. As repeatable quests are shared within the family, you will be able to complete this quest with any other character. So relog to your main character and complete the quest.

Quest to Altinova gives about 12,000XP (41% on Appretice 6) and quest to Ancado gives about 15,000XP (51% on Apprentice 6).

EDIT: Quest to Velia gives about 10,000XP.

Edited by Garkin
1 person likes this

Posted

Want to speed up this quest? Just leave one of your alts in Port Ratt (20+, because of quest filters) and every day accept quest on this alt. As repeatable quests are shared within the family, you will be able to complete this quest with any other character. So relog to your main character and complete the quest.

Quest to Altinova gives about 12,000XP (41% on Appretice 6) and quest to Ancado gives about 15,000XP (51% on Apprentice 6).

thank for the idea

Can someone pls list names of all this quests?

Posted

thank for the idea

Through the Rough Tides: Epheria - 80 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Basic (~8,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Velia - 100 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Intermediate (~10,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Altinova - 140 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Advanced (~12,000 XP)
Through the Rough Tides: Ancado - 200 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Application (~15,000 XP)

4 people like this

Posted

thank for the idea

Idea is good but lvl 20 probably wont survive ghost ship attack.. :D So gotta fetch some friends... :D

Posted

so just park a level 56 alt at port ratt and swap back to main and ride to ancado?

Posted

Omg I didn't know about this. D= I missed 2 days already.. fff..

I'll just make the trip every day for that little bit of extra exp.

Posted

Did the Altinova Quest. From Beginner 0 to beginner 7 18%.

Posted

so just park a level 56 alt at port ratt and swap back to main and ride to ancado?

I parked a lv21 Alt at Ratt. I have no issues accepting the quest. Just take the ferry from Olvia Coast > Lema > Ratt. Also be sure that your quest filters are set to all.

Posted

Idea is good but lvl 20 probably wont survive ghost ship attack.. :D So gotta fetch some friends... :D

It took two tries, but I got a level 14 there. (The second time I got him +500 HP from armor set bonuses and crystals.) It's not that bad. Of course, gaining 6 levels in Port Ratt was a major time sink :(

Posted

Cool

Posted (edited)

Good info.

Just be aware that in KR they changed it pretty quick so that the player had to deliver the actual item not just talk, so the use of alts in this way was fixed. No idea why they launched it here this way but expect them to change it here also fairly quickly. So grab the easy EXP while you can.

Once fixed, it will be necessary to accept the quest in Port Ratt, pick up the item, then deliver it to the relevant port on the southern continent.

This was noted in the March 02 2017 KR Patch Notes. From the Reddit translated notes:

Quest processing method changed for ‘go through the rough water’.

You need to hand in the character bound ‘old moon trade goods’ from port Ratt NPC Sihuram to target NPCs at each port to complete the ques

Edited by Moonraker
1 person likes this

Posted

At Beginner 10: 28%, I did the Ancado quest and popped a 10% elixir(dunno if it affects it or not), I went to Apprentice 1: 56%

Posted

when you deliver the quest you gain the xp in that moment or is in that book and can pass after to other characters? is possible to have  alts both in port ratt and ancado or the last is the one who get sailing xp?

Posted

when you deliver the quest you gain the xp in that moment or is in that book and can pass after to other characters? is possible to have  alts both in port ratt and ancado or the last is the one who get sailing xp?

the book isn't an item, the character in ancado will get the XP directly on quest completion.

1 person likes this

Posted

As many of you are quickly learning, this last patch included a very interesting line of text that explained there was a way you can level sailing a little each day without risking your boat auto-pathing in the dangerous seas of Margoria and Ross. Not that anyone does that I'm sure.

7747423929.thumb.jpg.0fb837a570169b36dc8

Because that'd be crazy.

Through the Rough Tides: Ancado - 200 Contribution XP + Old Moon Guild Sailing Textbook: Application (~15,000 XP)

At skilled6 gave 8%  got me my level to skilled7 gave another 8% next day

Posted

And we need Sailing XP for...? Anyone knows?

Posted

We need a Guru sailor to fire those cannons like machine guns!