• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Call me crazy but the game is running a lot better after today's patch

46 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Constant 50+ FPS in Velia on Velia 4.

100+ FPS constant in RBF.

1080 TI + 4790k.  Just yesterday these FPS would be more like 30 in town and 60-80 in RBF.

Edit* If you are having issues disable low power mode (new graphics option) first and see if it is better.

Edited by Dreamagain

Posted

Confirming.

Posted

Its awful for me, I was running game fine on medium yesterday, today I have to put it on optimization mode

Posted

Its awful for me, I was running game fine on medium yesterday, today I have to put it on optimization mode

Make sure you turn off that new option about low power mode or whatever.  It was enabled by default for me.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make sure you turn off that new option about low power mode or whatever.  It was enabled by default for me.

Thank you very much, that was the issue, I didn't even notice that new feature and I must have missed it in the patch notes :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Constant 50+ FPS in Velia on Velia 4.

100+ FPS constant in RBF.

1080 TI + 4790k.  Just yesterday these FPS would be more like 30 in town and 60-80 in RBF.

is this 4K? can the 1080ti run bdo in 4K with competitive fps?

Posted

running 30-40 performance after disabling the new option... This is something my FPS have never hit before.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had significantly better performance after last week's patch/maintenance. Today's patch/maintenance made it even better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Confirmed. But i'm still going to call you crazy.

giphy.gif

5 people like this

Posted

is this 4K? can the 1080ti run bdo in 4K with competitive fps?

It's at 2560x1440p.  Not sure what type of FPS hit 4k will take, it's possible not as much as other games (textures aren't really high res, game isn't that demanding in theory, just bad optimization)

Posted

i have spent the last year fps locked at 30, after unticking this it humped to 60

i am soo happy

1 person likes this

Posted

I call you crazy. As everyone is on the internet, you know :P For me, today's patch was awful...but I didnt notice about the new option, I'll try tomorrow. Btw xingcode threw some errors, just after entering the first time, the game closed and the message appeared. Someone had tge same problem?

Posted (edited)

Confirming too, amazing jump in performance although I don't know if it's me that have it backwards or whatever but it seems you have to check the option to disable power saving (I unchecked it first and perfs were awful). GPU and CPU usage took a nice bump, slightly high, all options, 1440p in the middle of the sea => 80 fps with r7 1700 and a fury, was around 60 before at medium with less options enabled (it's all I can check right now but @ the warehouse in Heidel was at 30-35 in highest all options - which wasn't even something I would have considered before)

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

Same here. Game runs much better and it seems the marketplace bug is gone..

Posted

Holy crap, I didn't know if I could believe it but I logged in and ... it is running better!

tumblr_lgqwsbEa891qfjmnk.gif

Posted (edited)

Nope. 2 patches ago my game started running like sh*t. The last patch suddenly fixed it. Now todays patch has turned it to sh*t again.

GG.

Edit: This "Graphic Card Low-power mode" you're talking about...some of you are saying things improved with it ticked and some are saying it improved after unticking. WHICH IS IT?

Edited by WastedJoker

Posted

Nope. 2 patches ago my game started running like sh*t. The last patch suddenly fixed it. Now todays patch has turned it to sh*t again.

GG.

Edit: This "Graphic Card Low-power mode" you're talking about...some of you are saying things improved with it ticked and some are saying it improved after unticking. WHICH IS IT?

Mine improved when I ticked it on but it's not bad without it either. 

Posted

Ticked or unticked, still getting massive lag spikes just sitting still in my residence.

Oh well.

Posted

fps improved? yes.

server improved? no

Posted

Running very high, high end mode full time now. Getting 30-45 fps in Heidel and 60 everywhere else. It's pretty obvious it's utilizing more gpu power now too, as my card never got above 62C prior to patch, even in node wars (where fps drops were common) and now even just chopping trees in balenos I'm getting temps over 70

Posted

Yup almost all my stutters in Calpheon are gone. Fps increase of 10-15 and feels super smooth 

Posted

Does this option actually change ingame graphics if i turn it off or just boost performance? 

I hit 70-80 fps on max settings but did not notice this option , would be sick if i can boost my fps even more (so i can get 60+ insta acceling on horse or running trough towns) don't feel like using it if i would see it on my graphics tho , love them graphics :D

Posted

SAME HERE

Posted

Come to think of it, I wasn't lagging up a storm in Heidel on high graphics.

The real test will be the weekend. ;)

Posted

fps improved? yes.

server improved? no

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE