• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Call me crazy but the game is running a lot better after today's patch

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Hmmm, I removed all settings for BDO and re-launched, and I'm now seeing good performance and better fps in towns so I can only assume there was some config file issue going on.

Posted

FPS is real cool and all... But never had much problem there.

The shit servers with desync are still very much the same and I'd say of greater concern than how pretty the game is...  But improvements are welcomed anywhere I suppose. 

Posted

Now I dont care about FPS because server goes kaput every now and then. In the morning I couldnt get into game have to go work so again bye bye AFK play >:(>:(

Posted

Game performance improved drastically last patch anywhere but at Pirate island. This patch, pirate island was flawless and I was maintaining a constant 50 fps no matter what...even in heidel.

I also noticed that my CPU usage is up by about 60% since last patch and my GPU by about 30% !!

Posted

Stay tuned for the next future patches where optimization hits rock bottom!

Posted

I did notice it runs much smoother. Now fingers crossed the marketplace lag stays away too

Posted

Yep, 60FPS in Velia, and only slightly lagged once.

I'm happy. :D

Posted

I can confirm this.

For me even without disabling the new option.

I didnt get any lag in a world boss.

P.S. i got a mid-lane potato PC x) playing in max settings except High-end mode.

Posted

The game is so smooth right now ! The real problem is the servers issues  U_U !! 

Posted

The patch seems to have fixed the memory leak bs.

Posted

Im running worse than before 

i couldnt even hit 60 fps solo at pirates or even 50 fps 

980ti sli 4790k

Posted

Im running worse than before 

i couldnt even hit 60 fps solo at pirates or even 50 fps 

980ti sli 4790k

Did you untick low power graphics option?

Posted

its not even running at all

Posted

I think personally so. Before the patch, it usually takes me 4 tries during login (usually, I get disconnected during the login loading screen), but afterwards, I logged in immediately.

Posted

Did you untick low power graphics option?

first thing i did after patching

Posted (edited)

The game is clearly more optimized, like ... really !
Wouldn't have believed it if I didn't saw it.

I activated some more graphic options that were disabled prior the patch, and the game actually still runs better than it did before.

MindBlown.jpg

Good job PA.

I feared that your partnership with Sillicon Sutdio would only bring more fluff and undesired over the top effects, it seems that it brought good stuff optimisation wise.

Nice !

On the other hand, one point of vigilance that should be monitored : it seems that the game now consummes much more ressources when in iddle mode.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Well... For me my fps actually dropped a bit after last patch and disabling this pu it back to normal... :D

Posted

Nicely done. 

Posted

Initially it did seem to be running a bit smoother than before, but if I move around much I get sent to a reload screen about every 30-60 seconds. Sometimes I'll just rubber band around if I'm lucky, but it's made the game unplayable. I was about to call my ISP and start yelling at them until I ran some tests and found my Internet seemed to be doing just fine :(. I'm hopin it's just a routing issue that'll clear up here or something to such an effect. 

Posted

I would delete the configuration folder in My Documents, but then it would be too much work to customise my UI all over again.

Does anyone know which folder to save to save the customised UI, like custom quick slots and such?

Posted

Still get enough fps drop n lag that limits gameplay in large (150+ ppl clashing together), but overall indeed better performance, especially in crowded cities. Maybe ill push for it and get an Alienware for smooth performance.