• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Can we take a moment and appreciate

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

By now you've probably notice that the game performance has increased. Some of you might have noticed it and some might not, but if so you have to go a turn off the new option added within today's patch, ''Graphic Card Low-power Mode.''

after disabling the option, I've been running 40-50 since the new patch, which is something I've never hit before.

Thanks you for improving the game's performance.

Good job Kakao. I really appreciate it, and hopefully others too. Please continue to give this kind of improvements.

Edited by Onii-sama
6 people like this

Posted

You know what else they said is easy? A marathon, first 2-5 miles a breeze, but after 14 miles if adrenaline hasent kicked in, youre cramping and by 25 youre crawling :D

Basically, it has just begun.

Posted

60-80fps at altinova...never seen before (i spend a lot of time there). Was usually 30-40.

Posted (edited)

I didnt really saw any performance increase, but its indeed way way more smooth. dont really know what's they did, and what's that new option is supposed to do, but they indeed did a good job on that

Edited by woots

Posted

I didnt really saw any performance increase, but its indeed way way more smooth. dont really know what's they did, and what's that new option is supposed to do, but they indeed did a good job on that

That new option, when enabled, lowers how hard the graphic card runs. Results in lower game performance and lower energy used by the card.

Posted

That new option, when enabled, lowers how hard the graphic card runs. Results in lower game performance and lower energy used by the card.

that's still pretty strange to setup such option in the first place tho oO

Posted (edited)

that's still pretty strange to setup such option in the first place tho oO

There are some instances where someone wants the game to use the least amount of power as possible. This option makes the game use even less resources when in tray. Though, this option shouldn't be enabled by default when the game is running.

Example of Usage:

Low Power GPU disabled, game in tray: GPU hovers around 30% power usage

Low Power GPU Enabled, game in tray: GPU hovers around 13% power usage

I'm loving the optimizations done in this patch. My cpu usage and gpu usage from the game while in tray have dropped a decent amount from the patch. Should save a bit of money of running the game overnight.

Edited by Chailu

Posted

I'm seeing constant screen tearing with Graphic Card Low-power Mode unchecked. 

This has never happened with vsync set to adaptive in nvidia control panel. I'm guessing, before today's update, game's default was graphic card low power mode checked.

Though I do question this setting as if I wanted to run the game at full power, I would change my power management in nvidia controla panel from adaptive to maximum power.

Posted (edited)

Hm, that's a bit strange to have GPU power difference when the game is in tray xD

The GPU should be used at all by BDO when you "arent using the game"  That doesnt make much sense lol

Because so far, my GPU power is at like 7-8% with BDO in tray cose i'am using firefox + watching video, that's all. lol

Edited by woots

Posted

Hm, that's a bit strange to have GPU power difference when the game is in tray xD

The GPU should be used at all by BDO when you "arent using the game"  That doesnt make much sense lol

Because so far, my GPU power is at like 7-8% with BDO in tray cose i'am using firefox + watching video, that's all. lol

Who knows, GPU power may still be influenced by windows are aren't being displayed on screen. I don't know much about how the OS handles objects that are "in tray".

I used a monitoring program to observe the percentage of usage on my gpu with the option turned on, and off. Both of them I just was idle on the forum page, not interacting with anything.

Posted

Who knows, GPU power may still be influenced by windows are aren't being displayed on screen. I don't know much about how the OS handles objects that are "in tray".

I used a monitoring program to observe the percentage of usage on my gpu with the option turned on, and off. Both of them I just was idle on the forum page, not interacting with anything.

The game is in tray, so necessary the GPU dont have to render anything from the game, so with or without that option ticked it necessary shouldnt change anything.

So maybe its only usefull if you really want to save somes watt while doing stuff ( semi afk activity or life skill.. etc ) that dont necessary requier high perf

Posted

It would be nice to be able offer appreciation more often.  I wish they would give us the opportunity to do so on a more regular basis. But until they stop with things like the current communication meltdown, we won't see threads like this fill the forum.  And that is something i think a lot of People yearn to see. 

2 people like this

Posted

It would be nice to be able offer appreciation more often.  I wish they would give us the opportunity to do so on a more regular basis. But until they stop with things like the current communication meltdown, we won't see threads like this fill the forum.  And that is something i think a lot of People yearn to see. 

I haven't even checked out the new changes yet. Promptly logged out when the new 5K rewards were denied to loyal players. 

Imo, a communication mishap is "we weren't able to get this fix in today's patch" 

Someone higher up making the WRONG CALL is "We have been informed, that no items will be sent out"

At least a GM *finally* replied (over 12 hours later) and acknowledged us. That's enough to get me back in game, but I'm still waiting on their 5K pet reward final decision to make *my final decision to play this game or not. 

Mistreating players who have invested that much time into a game is outright moronic. Whoever made the call not to immediately say "We are fixing this. Don't worry. We'll get you the rewards." needs to be fired.

If I was a stock holder in Kakao, I would be furious. Thankfully, I'm simply a customer that can move on to other MMORPGs. 

Posted

I noticed immediatly after loging in that something was changed for good. The game was running much more smoothly (and I didn't uncheck the low-power-mode flag yet - I didn't have much time to play yesterday and now I'm at work).

I was also pleased with some other changes made on this update: marketplace favorites, courser system and a lot more not so visible improvements and fixings.

I'm happy with this patch and I have the feeling that the devs/publishers are trying to improve the relationship with the community. They know people always complain about the financial aspects of the game but if they continue providing good content, fixing stuff, beeing open-minded to criticism and providing better feedback, this game can go long way up.

So, here's my Token of Appreciation for this week patch.

Posted

By now you've probably notice that the game performance has increased. Some of you might have noticed it and some might not, but if so you have to go a turn off the new option added within today's patch, ''Graphic Card Low-power Mode.''

after disabling the option, I've been running 40-50 since the new patch, which is something I've never hit before.

Thanks you for improving the game's performance.

Good job Kakao. I really appreciate it, and hopefully others too. Please continue to give this kind of improvements.

Didnt notice that awhile ago xD

Thank you for letting us know, i will try it tomorrow :D

Posted (edited)

It would be nice to be able offer appreciation more often. 

That's only up to them to correctly do their job, correctly take care of the player and not just money milking.. etc.

I dont have issue to say when something is nice, but so far, they dont really give us the opportunity for.

Edited by woots

Posted

The game is in tray, so necessary the GPU dont have to render anything from the game, so with or without that option ticked it necessary shouldnt change anything.

So maybe its only usefull if you really want to save somes watt while doing stuff ( semi afk activity or life skill.. etc ) that dont necessary requier high perf

Technically the gpu can still be used for calculations and work loads that aren't rendered. For example, bitcoin mining. Graphics cards are used heavily for the calculations involved in the mining. The same type of thing could be going with black desert in the background. Maybe they are using the GPU to handle some sorts of calculations.

Posted

There are some instances where someone wants the game to use the least amount of power as possible. This option makes the game use even less resources when in tray. Though, this option shouldn't be enabled by default when the game is running.

Example of Usage:

I'm loving the optimizations done in this patch. My cpu usage and gpu usage from the game while in tray have dropped a decent amount from the patch. Should save a bit of money of running the game overnight.

Then i miss the option to automatically disable it during play and auto-enable during tray... :D With my memory i wont be able to turn it on/off before i go to sleep/work...

Posted

Technically the gpu can still be used for calculations and work loads that aren't rendered. For example, bitcoin mining. Graphics cards are used heavily for the calculations involved in the mining. The same type of thing could be going with black desert in the background. Maybe they are using the GPU to handle some sorts of calculations.

minning =/= bdo ;)

and when the game is in tray my gpu is at idle state ( you can easyly check that with HWinfo, for exemple ) so, no BDO doesnt use the GPU in tray.

Posted (edited)

lol, this is not what we need,

what we need is the PC doesnt overheat when you go to sleep and the garbage server doesnt disconnect you from the game,

CPU & GPU running under full load at disconnected screen, what a joke.

Edited by thatswhy21