• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need to know few things about trading.

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, i was thinking to make trading my main way of getting silver. i got 2 things to know before i start my efforts on trading and node set up. >

1,) how should i transport trade crates from trent to ancado inner harbor(before reaching m2 on trading) or valencia( after reaching m2 on trading) . i searched online about this and i found that method > overload horse with crates at epheria port and then use fishing boat to go to ancado inner harbor. Is this method still viable??

2,) i need to  choice an alt for trading and gonna make that alt to m2 on trading . but most of my alts are at lvl 12 with very low weight limit. so i wanted to know does weight limit of charecter ( who will only sell crates to trader) really matter for trading when i will use different alts (with high weight limit) to process and transport crates.

any suggetion is most welcome :)

Edited by eziowar

Posted (edited)

1) How should i transport trade crates from Trent to Ancado Inner Harbor (before reaching M2 on trading) or Valencia (after reaching M2 on trading). I searched online about this and found that method --> overload horse with crates at Epheria Port and then use fishing boat to go to Ancado Inner Harbor. Is this method still viable?

Yes, but it's not much faster than walking (unless you've got a geared-out boat and a decent fishing totem), though it is safer for AFKing.

2) I need to choose an alt for trading and gonna take that alt to M2 on trading, but most of my alts are at lvl 12 with very low weight limit, so I wanted to know does weight limit of character (who will only sell crates to trader) really matter for trading when I will use different alts (with high weight limit) to process and transport crates.

Yes. The higher the weight limit, the fewer times you'll have to move stuff between inventory/warehouse/mount when stacking. When you're doing runs of 7000 crates, the less time it takes you to stack, the less you'll want to stab yourself in the eyes. Additionally, you'll need to be able to hold a lot of silver to avoid back-and-forth trips between the trader and warehouse while selling a stack. There's zero reason to level trading on an alt or do this stuff on an alt. Just use your main.

Edited by squidgod

Posted

Yes, but it's not much faster than walking (unless you've got a geared-out boat and a decent fishing totem), though it is safer for AFKing.

Yes. The higher the weight limit, the fewer times you'll have to move stuff between inventory/warehouse/mount when stacking. When you're doing runs of 7000 crates, the less time it takes you to stack, the less you'll want to stab yourself in the eyes. Additionally, you'll need to be able to hold a lot of silver to avoid back-and-forth trips between the trader and warehouse while selling a stack. There's zero reason to level trading on an alt or do this stuff on an alt. Just use your main.

thanks, btw what's the faster and better way of transportation than that sea way ?

Posted (edited)

i agree - no reason using alts.

i usually overstack my horse wich has 152 speed and go to sand garin basar and then just ride horse through desert to sharing node- take desert buff - go to Valencia. doesnt take that much time. but U need tea and water to cure debuffs. and cant go afk in desert

i leveled trading on imperial tradings to m2. didnt go to desert til master2

Edited by Angiel

Posted

I just ship my crates 100 at a time as they are being completed by my workers. No effort involved whatsoever, and it works fine for me. You can't really produce 100 crates faster than it takes to ship them from trent to calph, calph to tarif, tarif to altinova, altinova to ancado. So no reason to rush and actively transport them yourself. 

I use an alt with no weight increases, all I bought for him was a set of the weight armor (heve? i think. Or hercules?) You should however have a wagon with your alt so that you can overload the wagon. Overloaded wagon moves way faster than you walking with the crates. 

Posted

thanks, btw what's the faster and better way of transportation than that sea way ?

Personally, I think the sea way is the safest and easiest route in terms of Epheria to Ancado Inner Harbor. You will run right into high mobs going the land route from Altinova to Ancado or Valencia City and your wagon will take damage (also, the auto-routing doesn't work 100% when going around the Black Desert). Also, I do not recommend trying to cross the Black Desert in a wagon either, you will be at a literal snail's pace at best---and with no navigation. If you do want to go through the desert, use a camel or an elephant.

Posted

i agree - no reason using alts.

i usually overstack my horse wich has 152 speed and go to sand garin basar and then just ride horse through desert to sharing node- take desert buff - go to Valencia. doesnt take that much time. but U need tea and water to cure debuffs. and cant go afk in desert

i leveled trading on imperial tradings to m2. didnt go to desert til master2

does not that horse slow down so much cause of overloading?

Personally, I think the sea way is the safest and easiest route in terms of Epheria to Ancado Inner Harbor. You will run right into high mobs going the land route from Altinova to Ancado or Valencia City and your wagon will take damage (also, the auto-routing doesn't work 100% when going around the Black Desert). Also, I do not recommend trying to cross the Black Desert in a wagon either, you will be at a literal snail's pace at best---and with no navigation. If you do want to go through the desert, use a camel or an elephant.

btw, do you make your crates at trent and how many workers u using of trent ? the cp/worker ratio is horrible at trent . so i was wondering if it would be better if i use all my workers from calpheon for gathering timbers and then make crates at calpheon on multiple wood workbench simultaneously in the price of losing 10% trade bonus than trent.

Posted

I use Calpheon for crating, only because I can amass an army of workers there.

Posted

How long will it take a boat from epheria to ancado harbor afk?

Posted

No, if you're overloading, just use a horse and go straight through the desert.

How long will it take a boat from epheria to ancado harbor afk?

Totally AFK? You'll never get there. There are a couple spots where you'll run into whales and your boat will be stopped.

Semi AFK? Depends on the boat and whether you have all the speed upgrades. With a mid-level fishing totem and a green set of gear, a fishing boat is about as fast as the Epheria sailboat.

Posted

Because I'm stupid I have to ask this. How can you overweight a boat? I know how to do it with a horse/wagon with the warehouse but I don't know how to do it with the boat.

Posted

does not that horse slow down so much cause of overloading?

The lowest speed on a decent horse is generally a bit faster than player run speed and it won't move any more slowly in the desert.

Posted

You can't really produce 100 crates faster than it takes to ship them from trent to calph, calph to tarif, tarif to altinova, altinova to ancado. So no reason to rush and actively transport them yourself. 

Sorry but is rather incorrect, this trip takes a minimum of 3 hours to complete in which time one worker can produce 12 crates if they don't have any advanced wood skills. Calpheon has 21 wood workshops so just by using 10 of them you can produce 120 crates in this time. You're better off transporting the crates manually yourself than using the in-game transport function as not only is it faster but it's also cheaper. Also for using the transport feature it would be better to ship from Epheria to Ancado as it'll take the same amount of time as the route you listed for less silver. 

Posted

I just ship my crates 100 at a time as they are being completed by my workers. No effort involved whatsoever, and it works fine for me. You can't really produce 100 crates faster than it takes to ship them from trent to calph, calph to tarif, tarif to altinova, altinova to ancado. So no reason to rush and actively transport them yourself. 

Setting aside the cost of shipping crates and the damage it does to your margins, anyone who is crating in any meaningful way needs those transport slots available to move materials to a central processing location or to Calpheon/Trent to be crated. 

I use an alt with no weight increases, all I bought for him was a set of the weight armor (heve? i think. Or hercules?) You should however have a wagon with your alt so that you can overload the wagon. Overloaded wagon moves way faster than you walking with the crates. 

An overloaded horse is faster than an overloaded wagon.

Posted

Sorry but is rather incorrect, this trip takes a minimum of 3 hours to complete in which time one worker can produce 12 crates if they don't have any advanced wood skills. Calpheon has 21 wood workshops so just by using 10 of them you can produce 120 crates in this time. You're better off transporting the crates manually yourself than using the in-game transport function as not only is it faster but it's also cheaper. Also for using the transport feature it would be better to ship from Epheria to Ancado as it'll take the same amount of time as the route you listed for less silver. 

Setting aside the cost of shipping crates and the damage it does to your margins, anyone who is crating in any meaningful way needs those transport slots available to move materials to a central processing location or to Calpheon/Trent to be crated. 

An overloaded horse is faster than an overloaded wagon.

Sooo its better to stockpile the crates in Calph, then when you have a big enough shipment, overload your horse and run them through the desert? How many max crates can you put on a horse per run?

Posted

Sooo its better to stockpile the crates in Calph, then when you have a big enough shipment, overload your horse and run them through the desert? How many max crates can you put on a horse per run?

Yep. A mount can hold up to 7000-something crates.

Posted

Yep. A mount can hold up to 7000-something crates.

Wow k thanks for the tip. Gonna do this from now on. Too bad my alt got all that trade exp for nothing :(

Posted

Because I'm stupid I have to ask this. How can you overweight a boat? I know how to do it with a horse/wagon with the warehouse but I don't know how to do it with the boat.

you don't lol, you overweight the horse, whistle it onto the boat and sail

Posted (edited)

If you want to do the boat thing better go Trent-Velia by horse then from Velia to Arehaza by boat and sell in Arehaza for more distance.

After Master 2 Valencia with buff ofc.

7157 crates on horse, 7157 on boat.

Edited by crosspath

Posted

lol I tried everything but that. Thanks

Posted

Can that be done with a wagon?

Posted

yes it can

Posted

Better enter in a good Guild and Wait a Command to gather  from the guild master to instant teleport Ahazera town  instantly <3