• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valks degraded to life skill class for real this time.

70 posts in this topic

Posted

hi, can someone fill me in on why people keep saying valk is the best lifeskill class? Returning to the game after a long time and wondering if something changed or if they have a new skill or something that makes them inherently better lifeskillers? Or is it just a meme that I haven't been caught up with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy3PD6LYITg

0:16 sec

Posted

valk is not useless, valks can farming/gathering or fishing better than other classes
cooking and alchemy are other good thing valks can do

Not sure I agree about that. Lack of mobility makes them pretty terrible life skillers as well lol.

I always make Tamer life skill alts, because they get a quick step skill at level 1. So good for running in-between packs of sheeps or racing to the vendor . If you get overweight, just mount the beast. 

Posted

look at all these valks that don't even know the basics of their class

Posted

Not sure I agree about that. Lack of mobility makes them pretty terrible life skillers as well lol.

I always make Tamer life skill alts, because they get a quick step skill at level 1. So good for running in-between packs of sheeps or racing to the vendor . If you get overweight, just mount the beast. 

lack of mobility? you should re learn how to play valkyrie. requires high apm but you can pull off an amazing mobility combo. 

Posted (edited)

well i know for sure that i dont have a 3sec lingering superarmor, it is 1sec and ofc it still helps. And i know for sure, that valk block should be stronger then warrior block but it is not anymore. Not sure what you talk about? Not saying that 360* anti cc while blocking is more then retardet so is grab... so is clipping through wizzards... etc.

Edited by nyn idc

Posted (edited)

So I guess, you whining for months about tamer's bugs also means you don't know shit about your own class then ?

[Deleted] We should tell the devs we are losing our will to live, they will probably take us more seriously.

lack of mobility? you should re learn how to play valkyrie. requires high apm but you can pull off an amazingly short mobility combo. 

FTFY

But I still agree ;)

[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
1 person likes this

Posted

Tanks SUCK in this game. Sorc/Wiz/Witch all have one thing in common (Instant cast game changing AoE burst)

Why play Valk, Warrior, or Giant in the current state of the game when Sorc/Wiz/Witch are SUPERIOR for when PvP counts? (Siege, RBF)

hahahahhahahah

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So I guess, you whining for months about tamer's bugs also means you don't know shit about your own class then ?

Oh wait no, you just like -----ing. We should tell the devs we are losing our will to live, they will probably take us more seriously.

so you're saying if valk presses Q block it can be CCéd in back?

[Deleted]

how can you play this game for over a year and not know such a simple basic thing? Do you realize that i asked my guildmate valk if he has superarmor on celestial spear half year before awakenings were even released? Just like i was accusing warriors of having superarmor on groundsmash and grab a year ago and you can even find it in this forum

It baffles me how can you people have so little attention to detail and perception overall when i saw there's something fishy going on one year ago and then later on (few months ago) it was explained to us when korean warriors finally tested it and concluded its lingering SA and it all made sense. I always knew it's there i just didn't know what exactly it was but that's because i spammed pvp and i've seen it happen so many times

valk has lingering sa and you can use non-protected skills with it and make them protected, just like warrior can, i know cause i've tested it against valks

cause i've noticed it ages ago when pvping valks

cause i have a valk myself

until you show me a valkyre with 30k rbf score, lvl 61 and full tet you aren't  even qualified to talk about valks because you haven't mastered or experienced your class, contrary to your own belief. I know that in your mind you're all masters cause who needs actual experience when you can proclaim yourself as "i have mastered my class"? I've seen this time and time again in this game.

the other day i was fighting some valk with hybrid build and he could onecombo me with grab engage when i was with hybrid build myself, which is way more damage than what a warrior can do. Valks have more damage and are tankier than warriors 

Edited by p0hil
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

lack of mobility? you should re learn how to play valkyrie. requires high apm but you can pull off an amazing mobility combo. 

The combo you're referring to burns 400 stamina per rotation can only be used while moving forward and has frontal guard for 1 second of every 3 seconds, and it still isn't particular fast. I've seen warriors chase down valks before their stamina is exhausted and grapple them out of this 'amazing mobility combo'.

After the stamina is gone we can keep using our dash but it's literally slower than a ranger can sprint since it links so poorly due to the switch from a movement stance to a block stance on each useage. So yeah, valk's have ok mobility for 7 seconds until their resources are exhausted, and they're extremely vulnerable while doing it. Move any direction except forwards and you're kicked out of awakening mode and lose your enhanced(until this nerf/glitch) shield endurance and are limited to 3 dashes in an 17 second period.

Edited by bob349

Posted (edited)

Me ? No. Maybe read the op and stick to that.

Since you are OOT, I didn't even read the rest of your post

[Edited content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
[Edited content] Inappropriate language

Posted (edited)

Me ? No. Maybe read the op and stick to that.

Since you are OOT, I didn't even read the rest of your vomit.

arent you some incredibly weak valk from shadow elite anyway

Edited by p0hil

Posted (edited)

arent you some incredibly weak valk from shadow elite anyway

why do u even have the arrogance to talk 

[Deleted]

And it's funny since everytime I see you, you just jump away.

Edited by p0hil

Posted (edited)

[Deleted]

yeah u can be cc in back but only when your are moving

So pls be quiet if dont Mastered the class 

[Edited/deleted content] Inappropriate language // Quoting etiquette

Edited by p0hil
[Edited/deleted content] Inappropriate language // Quoting etiquette

Posted

mmmm I don't think valks needs high mobility to vacuum all the sheeps paradise...
tamer is good for world bosses, except nouver, for nouver ranger are better

Posted (edited)

[Deleted]

how can you play this game for over a year and not know such a simple basic thing? Do you realize that i asked my guildmate valk if he has superarmor on celestial spear half year before awakenings were even released? Just like i was accusing warriors of having superarmor on groundsmash and grab a year ago and you can even find it in this forum

It baffles me how can you people have so little attention to detail and perception overall when i saw there's something fishy going on one year ago and then later on (few months ago) it was explained to us when korean warriors finally tested it and concluded its lingering SA and it all made sense. I always knew it's there i just didn't know what exactly it was but that's because i spammed pvp and i've seen it happen so many times

valk has lingering sa and you can use non-protected skills with it and make them protected, just like warrior can, i know cause i've tested it against valks

cause i've noticed it ages ago when pvping valks

cause i have a valk myself

until you show me a valkyre with 30k rbf score, lvl 61 and full tet you aren't  even qualified to talk about valks because you haven't mastered or experienced your class, contrary to your own belief. I know that in your mind you're all masters cause who needs actual experience when you can proclaim yourself as "i have mastered my class"? I've seen this time and time again in this game.

the other day i was fighting some valk with hybrid build and he could onecombo me with grab engage when i was with hybrid build myself, which is way more damage than what a warrior can do. Valks have more damage and are tankier than warriors 

what? i said a valk has 360° cc resist while (active) blocking... and its retardet... like grab is too.. i even said valk has lingerin sa??? but its NOT like warrior... who has that for nearly 3.5sec... 

and please get your stuff together... only bcs you waste your time allday in rbf -> jump in and do your same combo all over again and again does not qualify to judge a valk. Go and play it and then you are allowed to say something and i can tell you for sure, that IF you WOULD play valk, you would be the loudest mouth here.

[Deleted]

[Deleted/edited content] Inappropriate language // quoting etiquette

Edited by p0hil
[Deleted/edited content] Inappropriate language // quoting etiquette

Posted

The only really fast thing you can do is dashing back with awakening and dash forth again(since it doesnt use shieldchase charges) with promptness afterwards. Everything else uses your stamina or your limited shielddashes up really fast. So yeah you can be fast, pretty fast, but only on a really limited area and not endless like other classes that just spam potions to compensate.

I wasnt aware that some guy who made level 60 and full tri gear and then spend several hundred hours in the arena is not able to master its class as he doesn't have tet gear. Its like saying you cant become a virtous drummer, because your drumset is only 3000€ instead of 50000€.

Also if you engage with grapple you cant extend the cc unless you prob hit the next cc the exact same frame the other guy gets out and wants to dash away superarmor or iframe. But I'm sure you all are skilled enough to pull that off all the time and thus make an infinite cc-combo. And the valk grapple is so short you can make hastiludium and blitzstab(pretty much most dmg you can do without being able to extend knockdown with your already used grapple) or promptness and castigatio and then the cc is over. I doubt a hyrbid valk(less ap) can kill a hybrid oppoenent(more dp) with that.

Posted

I wasnt aware that some guy who made level 60 and full tri gear and then spend several hundred hours in the arena is not able to master its class as he doesn't have tet gear. Its like saying you cant become a virtous drummer, because your drumset is only 3000€ instead of 50000€.

What a horrible example.

One proves experience and time, the other one doesn't prove anything

Also if you engage with grapple you cant extend the cc 

that's exactly the point, if you grab engage you lose half of your combo potential and valk is still able to kill with that, while a DD class (such as tamer or kuno or ninja) can grab engage and not have enough damage to kill and the only way they kill is with another cc > then grab

I doubt a hyrbid valk(less ap) can kill a hybrid oppoenent(more dp) with that.

i don't care what you doubt or not, i've seen it happen 

Posted

@p0hil

Maybe instead of edit comments you will make something useful and clarify the situation? Is it nerf, bug or WTF?

Posted

@p0hil

Maybe instead of edit comments you will make something useful and clarify the situation? Is it nerf, bug or WTF?

He can't, he is a moderator, not a CM or GM.

Posted

Atleast I can ask but I can't promise anything.

This possible nerf/bug, I don't know because I'm not playing Valk (Tamer since BDO EU release), has been already reported to the Support as you can see in this thread:

I'm closing this thread now because it's in the wrong subforum. I could merge it with the other one (which is in the right subforum) but that could be a mess at the end. So please move your discussion into the thread above. Thank you.