• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger is broken, in a bad way.

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This class is the worst of all classes. ill tell you why.

1) durability is bugged.

2)Mana usage is RETARDED. (im sorry no other way to explain this)

3) (in pvp) ranger is the class with less defensive skills. Super vulnerable to ccs.

Solutions:

1)fix durability

2)Cut mana usage by like 50% minimum or give us a skilll like maehwa will or brace (ninja kuno skill) for who dont know those skill regenerate wp with a very low cd llike 15 sec at rank 3 lower for ninja and kuno....really good skill for farming

3)why would you give to rangers a skill like wind step without super armor when it is on cd, why?

it even make more sense to give it to ranger than musas and maewas couse rangers dont even have a block to work with......ranger have literally 0 defence.

without not even talking about non awakening skills and the passive xD .....98% of the are trashs and on the only one that is decent add ons dont work on it xD  (shotgun)

Edited by Mana_gone
1 person likes this

Posted

Durability issues, I believe, are a result of class skills that deal their damage with more hits. I imagine our weapon durability decreases a small amount per hit. Thus, using a skill that does 800% in 4 hits is going to drain less durability than a skill that does 800% in 8 hits.

As for mana consumption, I can't say I have a lot of experience with it as I tend to play classes that can regenerate their resources on demand. 

Ranger seems to be one of the neglected classes, which is a real shame because I've been considering leveling mine up. For a class that relies on evasion and mobility, it appears to not be able to be mobile or evasive enough to survive.

Posted

In short, I agree with you on the durability consumption and mana consumption being too much.

However, Ranger PvP is decent/good. Learn to time your frontal blocks and call from the sky and youll benefit. I think it could benefit from a few small buffs, but nothing crazy or it will be OP.

1 person likes this

Posted

In short, I agree with you on the durability consumption and mana consumption being too much.

However, Ranger PvP is decent/good. Learn to time your frontal blocks and call from the sky and youll benefit. I think it could benefit from a few small buffs, but nothing crazy or it will be OP.

desync dosnt help at all  to time SA and i frame.

in theory ranger is decent but in practice ,if the opponet is decent, ranger always get cced first....just a single ranged cc and you are screwd

Posted

at least we got the thickest thighs 

5 people like this

Posted

what do you mean?

Posted

he is a weeb. Nevermind.

Agree with mana and duribilty. Afer playing witch/wiz i dont get it, why a "general" mana hungry class have less mana issues as a Ranger. Our dmg is defently high (like anothers) but in relation of the mp consupiton and duribilty we fall horrible down. Maybe in higher lvl the another classes will fall same down, but cant imagen so hard as ranger.

PvP is fine for this class, Ranger is better balanced  from aweaking as Ranged class (Ranged dominance in pvp, but same should happend with witch/wiz) but w/e. 

Rather see issues in our base kit after aweaking. More like 80% of skills are useless as fck.

Posted

what do you mean?

I mean ranger thighs are large in a good way 

he is a weeb. 

What does my being a weeb have to do with an appreciation of pawgs n pabgs and basically all pags? 

Posted

I'd agree on mana and durability, but if you're a sitting duck in pvp it's your own fault, rangers do have the tools, you just need to learn how to use them properly.

3 people like this

Posted

lol i know u say this as a joke but honestly i think more than half of us play this class for that reason alone.

Posted

Yup basically what others said, durability/mana is still a bit of an issue.

As far as pvp goes we really only fall off in large scale engages. Specifically large scale flat ground engages we have trouble with, but with any sort of height advantage, barricades, or castle walls we become a necessity due to descending currents blanket AoE chip on building/enemies. Ranger is probably the only class that can fully utilize roof spots in castle sieges now that Wizard/witch water grenade spam got nerfed (giving them a forward movement animation) making it harder for them to rooftop spam. 

Despite not being the best in any one pvp category, ranger is still an all-around strong pvp class.

Posted

lol i know u say this as a joke but honestly i think more than half of us play this class for that reason alone.

i'm dead serious. Ranger thighs are 100% of the reason I'm playing this class. I couldn't give 2 shits about ranger game play. 

Posted

Honestly if they want to buff rangers, just give our bow skills more range. As it stands - 90% of our bow skills are useless. Most classes have a subpar preawakend kit. The problem is that we are one of the few if not only class that is forced back into our unawakened form while at the same time nerfing ours. This could be solved if our dash was like a bladers and gave super armor but that won't happen. So if we are gonna take a dmg hit to the preawakened kit we get forced back into, then we need range on more of the bow skills to have a better chance at out kiting our opponents.

Posted (edited)

q, shift+lmb,shift+rmb, vine knot, breezy blade, rushing flow, wind step all offer protection with sword. You can even link these for almost fully protected chains. if you are in bow u can call from sky. You can even weap swap bow to sword and this transition is a guard also. Yes it's hard, none of it is get-it-right 1st time ez, but that's balance for you.

If you brand all of your weapons AND repair them to 100/100 durability and wear a costume that reduces dura loss I promise you , you will never have an issue with ranger dura again. unless you want to grind for like 3 hrs straight in pila ku or something anyways.

If the mana usage REALLY bothers you, you could invest in extraction crystals, but keep in mind you need to be able to hit your target decently to make good use of them. If you grind places higher level than you, you will need accuracy to get all the mana u can get from the hits.Otherwise you need to buy max weight , or close to it, and carry around mana pots with you...lot of them. Just a reality we all grew to accept really. just to also add, some people like to take the mana leech add on for waltz of wind too

Ranger is the most pearl demanding class, unfortunately.

Edited by Lanifair

Posted

3) (in pvp) ranger is the class with less defensive skills. Super vulnerable to ccs.

All this tells me is you haven't PvP practiced with ranger enough. Learn how to play the class.

Posted

Useless class period.

Posted

desync dosnt help at all  to time SA and i frame.

in theory ranger is decent but in practice ,if the opponet is decent, ranger always get cced first....just a single ranged cc and you are screwd

Desync and lag ruin everything, I agree, but it will not happen EVERY time :) A good way to practice timing of frontal block is to fight another ranger, have them randomly use ranged KD, Elven rage, and natures tremble in different orders. Start off slow, block the ranged CC by switching to awakening wep moving sideways(takes a lot of practice but is good) and watching their windup of rage and tremble and counter with yours right after. Then move on to other classes. Have a zerker do dropkick into ranged KD and practice blocking that. Try to familiarize yourself with common initiating CCs of each class. Yes desync will ruin it sometimes, but the rest of the time, its good to have the reflex ingrained into you.

Your second point I KIND of agree with. Against an equally geared/ skilled opponent, generally whoever gets the KD first wins. Ranger has their own ranged KD, its pretty decent, but not amazing. But practicing blocking CC's mentioned in first paragraph will help a bit. Hopefully some of the changes their talking about in the PvP test server get implemented and the game evolves from spamming I-frames till you KD your opponent in order to win towards DP being more useful and you can survive a bit more stuffs.

Posted

Useless class period.

sarcasm? You are one of the strong rangers and I am curios whether you have given up the class and rerolled?

Posted

Compared to other classes, ranger is -----ed right now, we dont have any realiable defense skills, sure you can block skills with the rotation but it gets melted very quick, after that you are defenseless.

Then we are suposed to play ranged but surprise, wizzard and witch does the same and does a hell lot more damage combined that at the same time they have even more suvaivability, while we are probably the easiest class to be CCed and after that we are pretty much death.

Then our grab gets -----ed a lot because of Dsync and guess what happens next, you are death beacause you did nothing on the enemy and he s in front of you able to combo you for free becuse you end stuck in the place after missing and doing the grab animation without any effect on the enemy,other times the grab just gets -----ed beacuse the target doesnt take the KD damage or even worse 0 damage because the enemy is not phisically in the place he s suposed to be.

There are still many other reasons why the developers should check, the actual state of this class and try make it balanced again but right now, rangers dont have any good role for the time being since other classes perform much better at everything else.

And for those who claim ranger is OP, first check your gears not, my fault if a ranger with 220 AP or more comes and you get reckt easily because you barely have 250 DP, first get better gears and levels instead of crying the class is OP because you have shit gear or level, every class is op with 220AP, ridiculous to say ranger is OP

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ranger is -----ed right now, we dont have any realiable defense skills,

"I do not know how to play my class, therefore i will ----- about it"

"Then our grab gets -----ed a lot because of Dsync"

"I try to random grab, not land a proper cc first then grab"

Edited by Intimacy

Posted (edited)

q, shift+lmb,shift+rmb, vine knot, breezy blade, rushing flow, wind step all offer protection with sword. You can even link these for almost fully protected chains.

basically every other class can do better than that, plus they have block (almost evry other class)

Then our grab gets -----ed a lot because of Dsync

thats true,sometimes u land the grab, enemy goes on the flor and than he teleport in another location

Edited by Mana_gone

Posted (edited)

I'd agree on mana and durability, but if you're a sitting duck in pvp it's your own fault, rangers do have the tools, you just need to learn how to use them properly.

The issue crops up if you decide to compare rangers to alot of other classes in pvp yes if you focus on what a ranger can do you can do stuff like even using the stance swap to block incoming dmg on your ranger but fact remains alot of classes have alot better tools to deal with this than a ranger does. Just look at stuff ranger should be good at like mobility wind step travels a shorter distance than a warriors head chase does(if lvl 60) and if you take a look at musa/mewha their dash always give superarmor when its not an iframe.

Also stuff like call to sky would be a hella lot better if our servers had little or no dsync I dont know but overtime it just gets worse and worse(the dsync),

I am not saying that you cant kill people and you cant survive in fact you can just worse than most of the classes if not all the classes I have actually played besides my ranger and this is with minimal effort.

q, shift+lmb,shift+rmb, vine knot, breezy blade, rushing flow, wind step all offer protection with sword. You can even link these for almost fully protected chains. if you are in bow u can call from sky. You can even weap swap bow to sword and this transition is a guard also. Yes it's hard, none of it is get-it-right 1st time ez, but that's balance for you.

If you brand all of your weapons AND repair them to 100/100 durability and wear a costume that reduces dura loss I promise you , you will never have an issue with ranger dura again. unless you want to grind for like 3 hrs straight in pila ku or something anyways.

If the mana usage REALLY bothers you, you could invest in extraction crystals, but keep in mind you need to be able to hit your target decently to make good use of them. If you grind places higher level than you, you will need accuracy to get all the mana u can get from the hits.Otherwise you need to buy max weight , or close to it, and carry around mana pots with you...lot of them. Just a reality we all grew to accept really. just to also add, some people like to take the mana leech add on for waltz of wind too

Ranger is the most pearl demanding class, unfortunately.

There are  no other classes out there that needs to nerf their dmg to use extraction crystals I am sorry but mana issues could be solved thru skill redction costs or simply making our bow passive apply to the awakaing basic attacks as well its odd that ranger is the only class in the game that neither gets its class passive (10% MS) or its passive skill applied to its awakaning both of them would go far in helping solve issues the class has atm.

Also to anyone talking about using branding to grind bear in mind branding is not ranger exclusive anyone can brand their shit and at that point you still fall behind in your staying power to actually grind

Edited by Zeel
2 people like this

Posted

Can someone explain me this ? 

Did breezy blade into rushing wind into vine knot. Basically 3 skills that should give SA. Yet I get CC? So I must be doing something wrong ? ( I think that the SuperArmor effect is visible all the time with the changed character colors )

Posted

Can someone explain me this ? 

Did breezy blade into rushing wind into vine knot. Basically 3 skills that should give SA. Yet I get CC? So I must be doing something wrong ? ( I think that the SuperArmor effect is visible all the time with the changed character colors )

Right when he cc's you after vine knot, it shows your dash go into cooldown. You used it but it didnt go off.

So either the beginning of dash has some vulnerable frames before the invicibility, or this was simply dysnc/lag in between vine knot > dash.

Prob lag

Posted

Love this class but there is no question we need a buff, or WIz/Witch need a tone down because in seiges they are busted beond belief compared to us

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0