• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger is broken, in a bad way.

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Right when he cc's you after vine knot, it shows your dash go into cooldown. You used it but it didnt go off.

So either the beginning of dash has some vulnerable frames before the invicibility, or this was simply dysnc/lag in between vine knot > dash.

Prob lag

So does this mean that in between skills super armor breaks ? Are there holes when chaining skills ? 

Posted

you have to wait out the animation basically wait till daggers on back that whole time your supposed to be immune but lag usually messes it up

Posted

Durability is broken since awakening was released, classes with a more hits per skill break their weapon/offhand too fast. While classes like wizard/witch/warrior can last much longer grinding. (mentioned those classes because I know they do, maybe more classes..). Also I agree on the mana part, it's retarded.. Most classes got more WP sustain with awakening or at least had it pre-awakening so they can weapon swap to regen while killing meanwhile ranger is screwed on both forms MP wise.

Posted

The biggest problem is the game is heavily focused towards cc/counter cc.
Ranger has, compared to most other classes, less ( reliable) cc options, and even less super armor/frontal guards then most others.

Next to the fact that nearly all classes got a lot of buffs, where ranger didnt get any, we have fallen behind a lot yes.

Rangers have not been directly nerfed, but indirectly by being left out while most others got buffed.

For what i would like to see:

Slight mana consumption decrease.

Increased superarmor and blocks.

Movement speed increase, our 10% passive is barely noticeable.

give us a reliable CC, like knock back on penetrating wind or something like that.

Set "shotgun" damage back to pre 33% nerf stats.

That should about do it.

1 person likes this

Posted

This class is the worst of all classes. ill tell you why.

1) durability is bugged.

This 5 times over and I mean that in the direct sense. I had tried and tested every female class in the game except Ranger. Got her to 30 to test her Ult out. It's the first milestone on any class really. None of classes are too exciting from 1 to 30, you can't really define a rotation before that but her repair bill at 30 was literally 500% of all the other classes I leveled.

Other severe downfall. Off hand to repel Melee swarm animation locks her for 3 seconds every time she uses her dagger. Because the AI defaults to ass muncher the amount of back attack damage taken because you are stapled to the ground is just busted.

I'm not here to make fun of Ranger but pre awakening, I really feel bad for anyone playing this class.

Posted

Dont forget about the ult. Both of them. Oh and rushing wind that does through people on the floor. Oh and we also have the worst ranged ccs atm (blasting gust). Oh dont forget about the very small aoes. Oh yea and the long wind up times with no ani canceling. Atleast we have op shotgun that can kill fogan fighters in 6 hits (at 220 ap)

4 people like this

Posted

thats pretty much the ranger situation:

33tpct4.png

From a pvp point of view

4 people like this

Posted

Ranger is garbage tier right now, hell its been that way for a long time, while Witches,  wizards,  warriors,  and now DK are all over powered as ever.

Many times have I considered rerolling like many already have,  and Daum  probably wants everyone to reroll and buy more pearl items for the new class, but I refuse, I'm not spending another dollar,  if I can snipe something from the MP ill do it. 

In the mean time,  I'll be life skilling on the Ranger, and casually leveling alts when I'm bored

Posted

Spoiled ranger players, used to the most OP classes. Now you have wizards, witch and DK higher in ranking. But you are too spoiled...

Posted

The common complaint of classes that aren't warrior:

Give us more/better/chaining/lingering super armor.

Even Wizards ask for more.

A well played ranger can kite-kill half the classes in the game.  The other half they have to actually try.  If you lose when trying, that isn't a failure of your class.  If you think you shouldn't have to try, that's a personal problem as well.

Note: I do think Ranger deserves some love.  But for crying out loud, people on this forum seem to not accept they can lose a fight on their own merits and flaws.

Posted

I just want more range on our bow skill abilities tbh. Half of them would be viable if I could use them at a further distance because as it stands now, I will be CC'd due to the lack of super armor, block, or iframes in bow form. The lack luster dmg with the short range of bow skills makes it not even worth going into when awakened form gives more dmg and counter cc abilities. The problem is unlike most classes that can pretty much stay in awakened form only going unawakened if they want, Rangers are forced to go back unawakened due to lengthy cd's on pretty much everything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Right,  because it's perfectly fine to have the 3W classes and DK out DPS all other classes right? 

And that caster classes built in accuracy that lets them go full evasion/DP and still hit like a truck?

I'm good with them having monstrous damage,  fine,  but then take away their SA, make them the squishiest class if they gonna have top dps

Posted

Perhaps its because im usually only fighting people around 480 GS and in RBF I have to play ultra conservative anyways, but I reaaaally don't think ranger is a bad class.

If its large scale PvP I agree and I wish things were a bit different, but in small scale or 1v1, I usually find ranger balanced/good. I lose to talented ninjas, talented valks, and people that are either much higher gear than me or people that are just plain better than me, but other than that I rarely find ranger lacking. Theres multiple bursty combos you can use so that the long cooldown on tremble isn't gamebreaking. Bow has so much utility that I can either I-frame or kite around to my hearts content until CD's on awakening are refreshed anyways, and the ranged KD isn't HORRIBLE as you can quicken the animation (doesn't always KD which is a bit annoying though).

Right,  because it's perfectly fine to have the 3W classes and DK out DPS all other classes right? 

And that caster classes built in accuracy that lets them go full evasion/DP and still hit like a truck?

I'm good with them having monstrous damage,  fine,  but then take away their SA, make them the squishiest class if they gonna have top dps

This is completely valid, I do think that those classes are a bit too strong. I haven't personally played wizard or DK awakening so I don't know how difficult it is to play those classes to have such a reward.

But there will always be a best class. Maybe they shouldn't be the best by as much as they are, and if/when the nerf hits there will be a new OP class that everyone will have a problem with. Having a perfectly balanced game is impossible. I agree that developers should always strive to reach that goal, but I wont be upset when its pretty much un-attainable if theyre making the effort to try.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

A well played ranger can kite-kill half the classes in the game.  

Wow dude, you re still at the pre awkening area where ranger were the ranged class of the game.

Time changed , now with the bow we re pretty much the ----- of every class in the game

Edited by InoriSenpai

Posted

I said "well played"

Try improving your attitude before writing things off.

if you're done with it, don't be bitter, be done.

Posted

I said "well played"

Sure but why rangers have to time every SA and iframe pefectly and if they are on cd you are pretty much -----ed, while everyone else have tons of iframe/SA plus a block?

Posted

Rangers still in the top tier list, you just need to be an asian to pull that off,

No racist

Posted (edited)

I said "well played"

Bring me 1 ranger on eu that beat me

And i will consider  what you said 

edit : btw what class are you playing, for being that much ignorant you can't be a ranger

Edited by InoriSenpai

Posted

edit : btw what class are you playing, for being that much ignorant you can't be a ranger

Youre saying youre able to consistently beat every ranger in EU?

I find that hard to believe.

Posted

edit : btw what class are you playing, for being that much ignorant you can't be a ranger.

You're right I don't play a ranger.  Though honestly, what does being able to beat your own class have to do with it?  I play a tamer and I beat other tamers all the time.  I'm only average at it but beating my own class is easy because I know how it works.  That is probably one of the worst arguments for skill I've ever heard.

Posted

You're right I don't play a ranger.  Though honestly, what does being able to beat your own class have to do with it?  I play a tamer and I beat other tamers all the time.  I'm only average at it but beating my own class is easy because I know how it works.  That is probably one of the worst arguments for skill I've ever heard.

You said a "Well Played Ranger" and his argument is that he does play his Ranger well and he would 1 v 1 any ranger you bring him to show that. Theoretically if he beat your well played ranger that would make him the better ranger right?

Especially since according to you a "well played ranger" can kite anyone to death... so now you have 2 well played rangers who can kite each other to death and if he wins then he is probably a well played ranger, thus proving his point that maybe he knows what hes talking about more so than a person who doesn't even play the class?

I feel like it made perfect sense and was not a bad argument. I don't necessarily believe he can beat every ranger on EU but the point he was trying to make made perfect sense.

1 person likes this

Posted

You said a "Well Played Ranger" and his argument is that he does play his Ranger well and he would 1 v 1 any ranger you bring him to show that. Theoretically if he beat your well played ranger that would make him the better ranger right?

Especially since according to you a "well played ranger" can kite anyone to death... so now you have 2 well played rangers who can kite each other to death and if he wins then he is probably a well played ranger, thus proving his point that maybe he knows what hes talking about more so than a person who doesn't even play the class?

I feel like it made perfect sense and was not a bad argument. I don't necessarily believe he can beat every ranger on EU but the point he was trying to make made perfect sense.

I said half the classes in the game.

beating a ranger as a ranger doesn't mean you can beat a warrior as a ranger, for instance.

1 person likes this

Posted

i wish ranger had the broken iframe that tamer have and a cc that is broken till the start of the game ( void llighting, always stun even on cd )

Tamers keep saying they are weak, not the best in node wors/sieges but top tier in 1v1s since the start...dueling is the best thing for me and ranger is the worst class thats all

Posted

i wish ranger had the broken iframe that tamer have and a cc that is broken till the start of the game ( void llighting, always stun even on cd )

Tamers keep saying they are weak, not the best in node wors/sieges but top tier in 1v1s since the start...dueling is the best thing for me and ranger is the worst class thats all

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.  Is it a grass is always greener statement?

Posted

The common complaint of classes that aren't warrior

Implying something like "get good"

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0