• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Hate speech

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings all, I feel I have enough of all the crap going on in chat in BDO. I would really like you could do something against that, Being downed because of my religion or because of my ethnicity isn't tolerable. I'm not saying I was named and personnaly insulted but chat in game turns all around "Muslims terrorist sucker immigrate", "----- slave good to nothing" when it's not "Hitler was right"

Please do something!!!!

Posted

It's called report them to support. I'm going to take a guess, Mediah channel on NA? That is where a majority of the Trump guild is and they are very toxic.

Posted

I feel your pain. But banning the words Islamic Terrorist doesn't benefit anyone but the terrorist.

2 people like this

Posted

It's called report them to support. I'm going to take a guess, Mediah channel on NA? That is where a majority of the Trump guild is and they are very toxic.

I resent this statement you are just jelly of mediah channel >.> Not to mention i am neither from the trump guild or toxic. Q.Q

Posted (edited)

Well, sorry if I thought the forum was regionalised, I'm EU server and it's not from a specific guild or so. It's general on roleplay chat, whatever channel I play in.

I know banning words from chat isn't a solution. just maybe a CM in game, watching what happens and insta ban.... I don't know, one week, 2 weeks.. and the like.

All vids I see on youtube about blackdesert is basically: Super game, beautiful, of course with some fails... but in general a good game... but when it comes to it's community, it's a complete different story. I just find it sad. (I even have heard "don't play this game if you're not clear white"

What makes me even saddest is that you all talk about NA server... so it's not localised punctual issue with some players.... it's basically all -----ed up.

I think it's time now, that CM take this in hands and clean up things or maybe the next request for outfit made by players might be a swastika?

Edited by chasidrill
correction

Posted

I mean probably not the swastika lol. The Nazi's allied with the Muslims in WW2 to kill the Jews. If your going to go after people for talking about Islam you need to do it for every religion... and who doesn't want the right to all believing in fairy tales stupid? 

Posted

I mean probably not the swastika lol. The Nazi's allied with the Muslims in WW2 to kill the Jews. If your going to go after people for talking about Islam you need to do it for every religion... and who doesn't want the right to all believing in fairy tales stupid? 

No, I'm not saying against talks about Islam and any religion, which is free expression. I mean insult and bashing related to religion and ethnicity. When I read in chat "nigga are just lazy slaves" it has nothing to do with free expression, when I read in chat "kill all these moron Muslims, they are only here to ----- and steal" it's not free expression, it is speech of hate.

And when it's all the time the same thing, lines after lines.. really?

Posted (edited)

Just remove the server group on your chat setting...or get a good self-mockery

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

i mean you can filter all those words. so, why didnt you do it?

Posted

Religion? More like assasins clan D:

Posted

----- political correctness! Freedom of speech for all!

Posted

Hate speech isn't a thing. If it is a threat, it's a threat. If it is harassment, it's harassment. Those things are already against the law. I can spew all the things I want about how terrible Islam is (in america anyway, cause freedom), or even what I think about Muslims, but unless I take an actual action against an individual it's simply drivel, and can just be blocked and move on.

And, according to the games publishers, most so called hate speech is already against the terms of service. So if it bothers you, block them, report them, and move on. I will also say that religion is protected, but it's also a choice. I choose to not be a christian anymore because I didn't like what they represented, even if I agreed with some of their ideals, perhaps you should consider doing the same.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hate speech isn't a thing. If it is a threat, it's a threat. If it is harassment, it's harassment. Those things are already against the law. I can spew all the things I want about how terrible Islam is (in america anyway, cause freedom), or even what I think about Muslims, but unless I take an actual action against an individual it's simply drivel, and can just be blocked and move on.

And, according to the games publishers, most so called hate speech is already against the terms of service. So if it bothers you, block them, report them, and move on. I will also say that religion is protected, but it's also a choice. I choose to not be a christian anymore because I didn't like what they represented, even if I agreed with some of their ideals, perhaps you should consider doing the same.

Well, that's interresting.... sorry you feel to have to deny Christians because some guys way of thinking are different from yours, I agree with you, it's everyone right to express their opinions, even the most moraly retarted (even if I think opinions about religion or race has nothing to do in a game!).

According to you, these speech of hate (sorry again, I can't name this in any other words, because it's what happens) is against TOS, then maybe CM should jump in and with the help of Daum put a point on all this thing.

Yes I mute people in game.... one advised me to cut the chat completely if I don't want to read these comments.... this will not stop the bashing and ..; what? a silent single player game at the end....?

I completely accept you can hate Islam and Muslims, I won't jump on your back saying you can't do that... it, by the end, doesn't allow you to feed the chat with hate speech about that, does it?

But back to the point, I raised the religion bashing on because it is what is happening recently... I saw same bashing about black people, about Jews, then what... gays will be next?

It's a weird weird world we are nowadays.... I don't know if anything can be done with that, I don't have solutions, I only have my sadness to see what happens in game, and around the world too....

Posted

Well, that's interresting.... sorry you feel to have to deny Christians because some guys way of thinking are different from yours, I agree with you, it's everyone right to express their opinions, even the most moraly retarted (even if I think opinions about religion or race has nothing to do in a game!).

According to you, these speech of hate (sorry again, I can't name this in any other words, because it's what happens) is against TOS, then maybe CM should jump in and with the help of Daum put a point on all this thing.

Yes I mute people in game.... one advised me to cut the chat completely if I don't want to read these comments.... this will not stop the bashing and ..; what? a silent single player game at the end....?

I completely accept you can hate Islam and Muslims, I won't jump on your back saying you can't do that... it, by the end, doesn't allow you to feed the chat with hate speech about that, does it?

But back to the point, I raised the religion bashing on because it is what is happening recently... I saw same bashing about black people, about Jews, then what... gays will be next?

It's a weird weird world we are nowadays.... I don't know if anything can be done with that, I don't have solutions, I only have my sadness to see what happens in game, and around the world too....

You might have to manually make tickets for each person that says stuff like this. While I don't find "hate speech" wrong, it is the companies right to prohibit it for their service, and they do. So it will be a lot of work, but they will act on the reports, even if they can't tell you for privacy reasons. 

Posted

Are you a young child?

I can understand if you are young man or woman and are just becoming accustomed to the world, I however find it odd as a grown man to be "offended" by anyone's speech. Maybe because it has been fashionable to bash white males for some time so I've come to live with it, I would just find it odd if you were an adult and found yourself some how" offended" by some idiot on a video game. 

Toughen up bud, there is a lot of stuff out there a lot scarier than other peoples memes. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The religion in BDO is Elionism if you have problem with that religion please read the Book of Elionism Doctrines, Book of Ancient Faith and Elionism or at least Introduction to Elionism. In a PC game try not to get offended by religions or other "real world" bullshit*. U went into an RPG /MMO to get away from that.

if you get offended, ignore the person, ignore the chat, switch channel or start a useless discussion (like here or) in the chat where u prob. get ripped by 1000 trolls that will fire all their shots at once on you because finally someone got triggered.

the freedom of speach depends on the location where you life as well as the illegality of e.G. nazi signs or parols (they are only illegal in e.G. Germany) if a person outside of germany shouts a nazi parol at you its not illegal(Im not sure where its also illegal). If the server is not in germany nazi signs are not needed to be punished, thats just a guess please dont start for that now also a useless discussion :-D.

If something is against you as a person / Threat / harassment. I m sure the support will help you asap.

Posted

It firstly needs to be known we're talking about private property here. The servers and the company that owns them, they can enforce the rules as they see fit. Though we are certainly within our limit to refuse to obey, settling for the consequence thereof or fight them at your own peril.

However, if you recognize "freedom of speech" as a right, there can be no such thing as hate speech in your vocabulary. The principle of freedom of speech means exactly that: the right to offend by any means non-violently. It does mean that a Nazi gets to talk shit without being punched (I can't help but link a video my own friend produced), and vice versa (that you get to talk shit about a Nazi without being punched).

1 person likes this

Posted

No such thing as hate speech.  Hate speech is only speech that upsets and offends you.  You are thus the one in control of your responses.  Stop running to mommy and daddy to make the big bad bullies go away by punishing everyone else.  Yes, report them to CMs.  That's fine.  But don't go demanding they punish the many because of the few.

Here's a little life lesson:  Trolls/bullies thrive on reactions to their antics.  The more you react, the more they'll annoy the ever-living heck out of you.  This is why we are telling you to ignore them.  Trolls like attention, deny them attention and they'll fight a little harder for a while, then go somewhere else.  Of course, IRL there's also the option of punching said bully in the face, which works from time to time.

Now, if someone were doxing you, physically threatening/harming you, stalking you, or destroying your property, we have a different problem.  This is harassment at the very least; a felony at the very worst.  In that instance, we absolutely have your back in going to the authorities, and you should go to the authorities.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

People already talked about hate speech and what freedom of speech is so I won't go over that, instead-

Communities are composed of people, and people are downstream from upbringing, genetics & culture

While a company can do whatever they want, (and should be able to) everyone is usually all the worse for it when companies decide to stop making games and start policing them because they want to act as a parent for someone's inability to shrug off some hostile words. Banning people and tone policing for words is usually just a band aid fix.

Edited by Nyhver
1 person likes this

Posted

gas -----s muslism jews and -----gots

No such thing as hate speech.  Hate speech is only speech that upsets and offends you.  You are thus the one in control of your responses.  Stop running to mommy and daddy to make the big bad bullies go away by punishing everyone else.  Yes, report them to CMs.  That's fine.  But don't go demanding they punish the many because of the few.

Here's a little life lesson:  Trolls/bullies thrive on reactions to their antics.  The more you react, the more they'll annoy the ever-living heck out of you.  This is why we are telling you to ignore them.  Trolls like attention, deny them attention and they'll fight a little harder for a while, then go somewhere else.  Of course, IRL there's also the option of punching said bully in the face, which works from time to time.

Now, if someone were doxing you, physically threatening/harming you, stalking you, or destroying your property, we have a different problem.  This is harassment at the very least; a felony at the very worst.  In that instance, we absolutely have your back in going to the authorities, and you should go to the authorities.

you think things don't be like they is, but it do

Posted

The thing is very easy:

Screenshot of chat, report to support.

End of discussion.