• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gathering to Professional+

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So I am aiming to build an Epheria Sailboat and debating the following as a Skilled5:

Do I start gathering logs or level up my Gathering by mining rough stone before hitting trees.

Pros on rough stone path:

• - They are cluster within the same rocks for the most part is easier/faster to level up
  • -Rough Stones comes in hand for multiple purposes

I feel as Skilled5 chopping wood and proc'ing 1 log will drive me crazy and costly on the tools.

Bonus question: How do you manage to hold so many logs/rocks without going back and forth?

• Is Storage Maid really the best option?
  • Is spending 1mil to buy merchant wagon really worth it? (I'm poor...okay.)
  • Is it better to buy those weight capacity increase? (looks PRICEY)

Posted

Honestly, the number of logs you get doesn't change that I have noticed. I have one character at Artisan, one at Professional and 4 between Skilled 5-10 and they bring in the same amount of logs.

I would say gather logs because that's what you need for the boat. Unless you feel like you need rocks more.  There's always plenty of stuff to gather, so gather stuff you need.  It will help keep your sanity.

Also, you can always just chop wood near a place with a storage.  Like close to Heidel, for example. 

Or if you have a horse or a donkey, take them with you and put as many extra things on them as you can.

Also keep in mind that you can buy 50LT weight increase for 3500 Loyalty (up to 4 per character).

1 person likes this

Posted

Personally I would go straight for Pine trees without being prof1. Whatever logs I get while getting to prof1 I would consider bonus. Also as @AlnilamE said, when it comes to logs, level seems to make little difference with gathering level (you only get max 2 anyways).  The trip to pilgrim haven alone should make pine trees as fast to gather overall (I recommend Trent or slightly worse the area south of Eastern Gateway) . The other issue though, that is equally (if not more) important, is your processing level. If you don't have the 2.5 processing multiplier (Artisan1+ I think, but I could be wrong) you will need a lot more logs to make the final scaffoldings and squares. Even with the 2.5 multiplier, squares are max x2 average proc (possible values 1,2,3 iirc).

You can store a lot of one kind of item on a mount as a temporary huge single slot storage space. Search for overloading mount to see how.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So I am aiming to build an Epheria Sailboat and debating the following as a Skilled5:

Do I start gathering logs or level up my Gathering by mining rough stone before hitting trees.

Pros on rough stone path:

• - They are cluster within the same rocks for the most part is easier/faster to level up
  • -Rough Stones comes in hand for multiple purposes

I feel as Skilled5 chopping wood and proc'ing 1 log will drive me crazy and costly on the tools.

Bonus question: How do you manage to hold so many logs/rocks without going back and forth?

• Is Storage Maid really the best option?
  • Is spending 1mil to buy merchant wagon really worth it? (I'm poor...okay.)
  • Is it better to buy those weight capacity increase? (looks PRICEY)

Go straight for pine trees. I'm speaking as someone who went from Skilled 3 in gathering to Artisan 2 just gathering pine timber/logs needed for my Epheria Ship. You might as well pop your sute tea (yellow grade so you can stack other gathering buffs when that 30 min time runs out) and level gathering while getting items you really need. The iron you need for the ship can all be gathered VERY easily from a node. Just do that passively while you sell your soul to gather all the logs you'll need.

Edited by LadyRhapsody
1 person likes this

Posted

You can consider doing gathering daily quests to level gathering. Olvia is a good spot since the quests and gathering materials are nearby. Check out Dulfy's guide: http://dulfy.net/2016/04/22/black-desert-olvia-life-skill-contribution-dailies-guide/. It'll take a while but it's likely more efficient use of energy. The quest rewards give CP, gathering exp, and energy recovery. Up to you.

Like Graviera said, Artisan 1 processing yields more processing materials. A faster way of leveling processing is with fabrics (e.g. flax, cotton, and wool) since they give more exp than ores and timbers.

Merchant wagon is suitable for trading, leveling 4 horses at a time, and storing 18 different items. Your preference. Stacking primary gathered materials (e.g. timber) on your mount should suffice.

1 person likes this

Posted

Go straight for pine trees. I'm speaking as someone who went from Skilled 3 in gathering to Artisan 2 just gathering pine timber/logs needed for my Epheria Ship. You might as well pop your sute tea (yellow grade so you can stack other gathering buffs when that 30 min time runs out) and level gathering while getting items you really need. The iron you need for the ship can all be gathered VERY easily from a node. Just do that passively while you sell your soul to gather all the logs you'll need.

This. Pine at Trent. 'Got Log' never goes away. The only thing I might suggest is stockpile them until you have Pro or Artisan processing for efficient conversion to planks/ Skantling, Plywood/ Timbers.

2 people like this

Posted

Another tip for pine gathering efficiency if you are willing to spend a few CP:

Rent the storage of Calpheon, get a house in Florin and put it there, florin forest area is pine hotspot 

Posted

Another tip for pine gathering efficiency if you are willing to spend a few CP:

Rent the storage of Calpheon, get a house in Florin and put it there, florin forest area is pine hotspot 

Florin forest, although full of Pine trees, is not a good area to get Pine timber/logs. Reason is the particular skin of the pine trees there (white with stripes of black) is the one with the highest chance of not being gatherable.  This issue slows down gathering by a lot, whereas the other pine tree skins (except the decorative ones) are almost always gatherable. Imo best area is Trent. Next best is south of eastern gateway along the road.

Posted

Florin forest, although full of Pine trees, is not a good area to get Pine timber/logs. Reason is the particular skin of the pine trees there (white with stripes of black) is the one with the highest chance of not being gatherable.  This issue slows down gathering by a lot, whereas the other pine tree skins (except the decorative ones) are almost always gatherable. Imo best area is Trent. Next best is south of eastern gateway along the road.

I did not know about this. Thanks for the info, will give trent a go

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0