• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

why 2 human workers one skilled (50 workspeed ) and another professional (70 workspeed ) have same gathering time at a same timber node ?

16 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, why 2 human workers one skilled (50 workspeed ) and another professional (70 workspeed ) have same gathering time at a same timber node ( nodes near trent and calpheon)? Both workers were at lvl1 and without any special speed skills and with same movement speed 3 . But gathering time changing if i use different types of workers like goblin or giant.

Edited by eziowar

Posted (edited)

Same movement speed.

Edit: If nodes are far away, movement speed will play a far greater role than workspeed.

Edited by Solrik

Posted

Same movement speed.

Edit: If nodes are far away, movement speed will play a far greater role than workspeed.

"with same movement speed 3"

Posted (edited)

Does the worker with 50 workspeed perhaps happen to have a Node Workspeed Increase skill? ie.. 70 workspeed worker should be faster, but if the 50 workspeed worker has a skill like Farming Node Workspeed skill buff, then it could conceivably do the work just as fast as the 70 workspeed worker (assuming they're working farming nodes).

Edited by DenverRalphy

Posted

Does the worker with 50 workspeed perhaps happen to have a Node Workspeed Increase skill?

"without any special speed skills "

Posted

"without any special speed skills "

doh! missed that sentence.

Posted

post screenshots, maybe you overlooked something

Posted (edited)

It has to do with the workload of the specific node. Roughly Workload divided with Work Speed gives a number that when rounded to an integer it renders how much times the worker will have to work each iteration.

Check this https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5ii5lj/is_there_any_reason_to_use_giant_workers_anymore/db943wt/

that's the case maybe but i dought 50 and 70 workspeed will yield same integers. Thanks for sharing that valuable info.

Edited by eziowar

Posted

If the workload of the node is less than Workspeed, you won't see a significant increase with more Workpeed. 

Posted

that's the case maybe but i dought 50 and 70 workspeed will yield same integers.

It may be the case that it gets rounded down when the decimal part is less than 0.49 and rounded up when above 0.49 or something like that. Could this be the case considering the numbers you got? I can not think of anything else tbh.

Posted

To translate all this, jobs speeds have a floor and a ceiling.

You can one shot 8 mobs at 120 AP in 3 seconds. It will still take you 3 seconds to one shot them at 220 AP.

I'd guess that the only reason to have high level workers is if you plan to do a lot of tier 3 to tier 5 crafting in cities, where the slower work speed would see less productivity.

Posted

"with same movement speed 3"

Yes? That's why they don't differ much. 

If you do something with a very high workload in the city where the worker is stationed, then work speed will have a big impact on the time.

If you would send a worker from epheria to work in valencia, work speed becomes more or less irrelevant, because the majority of the work time is traveling back and forth. In this case miniscule movement speed differences can have big impact.

Posted (edited)

I dont know if I'm right, but from what I've observed; Worker's speed at a task is in chunks, in breakpoints for example:

Prof Giant 1: 75 Work speed / 3.0 Moving speed Does a Potato task in 44 Minutes 56 Seconds.

Prof Giant 2: 80 Work speed / 3.1 Moving speed Does a Potato task in 43 Minutes 32 Seconds.

Artisan Giant 1: 92 Work speed / 3.14 Moving speed Does a Potato task in 35 Minutes 44 Seconds.

Artisan Giant2: 97 Work speed / 3.27 Moving speed Does a Potato Task in 35 Minutes 13 Seconds.

Artisan Human 2: 98 Work speed / 3.90 Moving speed Does a Potato task in 35 Minutes.

Artisan Human 2: 102 Work speed / 4.27 Moving speed Does a Potato task in 26 Minutes.

What I mean with "breakpoints" is that the jump to greatly reduce the time a task is done is only possible after certain specific speeds have been reached, meaning that decimals can be the difference between the the 44 minute jump to 35 and the 35 jump to 26 since it is more than obvious that it's not a progressive system; because in any comparison you can see that even 10/1 work/speed difference in the same task most of the time only improves seconds.

And ofc, in quick tasks the speed ceiling is reached after a certain breakpoint, and you might not notice a big difference between an artisian giant and an artisian goblin, even if the goblin has double the speeds.

Anyway, this is just anecdotal.

Edited by Hemuk

Posted (edited)

thats really good to know. Are stats of a lvl 30 artisan worker fixed before taking skills into account or are they somewhat random? So far im using mostly goblins and some humans for nodes where i want the rare product. But i often forget to refill their stamina in time (or i cant cause im afk) so if there are some low distance nodes where humans (or even giants) come really close to the goblin speed because of workload cap then id rather switch them out. but for this id have to know the workspeed of each at max level...

Edited by Alexiel

Posted (edited)

Workers at nodes work in 10 min cycles.   If a node has, say, a 150 workload ( a common number for nodes) and your worker has a work speed of 50 then it will take him 3 cycles (30 min) to finish.  50 + 50 + 50.  A worker with a work speed of 70 would also take 3 cycles to finish.  70 + 70 + 10.   Add in time to travel there/back and voila.

Same goes for crafting at houses (crates, armor/weapons, etc)  just 5 min work cycles there.

More specifically...

Work time in min=  ceiling[work load / work speed] * work cycle   +    distance * 2 / movement speed / 60

Where "Work cycle" is either 10 or 5 depending on if its a node or house.  "Ceiling" meaning round up to the next whole number..

thats really good to know. Are stats of a lvl 30 artisan worker fixed before taking skills into account or are they somewhat random? So far im using mostly goblins and some humans for nodes where i want the rare product. But i often forget to refill their stamina in time (or i cant cause im afk) so if there are some low distance nodes where humans (or even giants) come really close to the goblin speed because of workload cap then id rather switch them out. but for this id have to know the workspeed of each at max level...

There is some slight variance to lvl 30 artisan worker stats before skills but it is pretty slight and hardly ever going to make a difference the same level worker with the same skills.

eg) Of my 18 lvl 30 Artisan humans that didn't get a speed boost skill while leveling, none of them have a movement speed more then 0.08 away from the average. So about ~2%.  Maybe a couple seconds off of travel time.  Roughly similar spread on their base luck and work speed. That amount of luck if meaningless and  unless your are *RIGHT* on the edge of a breakpoint for a node's workload ( which in themselves can change over time), the difference in work speed means nothing as the worker stays there until the cycle is finished anyway.

Rough rule of thumb:  Decide on how long you will afk for regularly (say, 8 hours for sleep/school/work), Use the above to calculate how any times each type of worker will finish in that long of a period without being fed and choose the type of worker that gives you the most for that.

Edited by 2monthslatenonamesleft