• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Connectivity is so bad it's unplayable

17 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm in Australia - lag and I are well known to each other. The amount of lag that I get on BDO seems to vary every patch, but this week I feel that I must object. I cannot train my horses, I can't even browse the marketplace without being disconnected! The usual trick - changing servers until I find a "stable" one - isn't working this week. If I can't do life skills I'm most certainly not going to consider doing quests, pvp or pve with this crap. Even the forum log in is laggy! It's not my computer or connection as I play several other U.S. based MMO's without issue.

Even with new content on the horizon I'm more and more reluctant to continue to log in to BDO with this lag issue. You guys have been running for more than a year now. It is inexcusable for a game this old to have this problem!

Posted

Lag actually seems to get worse with every patch too, They don't appear to even have the slightest intention of fixing it either as no mod/dev responds to lag posts anymore. Infact I would say they lowered the NA server plan to entry level with comcast about 2 months ago cause since then its been far worse.

Kakao seems to be a pure profit company that wants to spend the minimum on everything and whats worse they don't care about the many people giving up and quitting over lag and desync. Most funny part forget about us Aussies being the only people haveing these issues most people in america also have mass desync and lag.

2 people like this

Posted

Same here.  The lag has been unbearable since the last patch.  I lost my fking awake crystal because it lagged on me while grinding.  My net was perfectly fine as well at the time.  Getting closer and closer to just quit.

4 people like this

Posted

Notice how they don't even give us black stone compensation boxes anymore for server lag? more lies they now all pretending its just us and inoreing all us as no mods gms devs don't reply to threads like this.

2 people like this

Posted

I don't mean to be a bummer here, but don't you think that your lag has something to do with you playing on cables which cross a vast distance, under the ocean?  I play on EU and I don't have any lag issues at all. 

Posted (edited)

Its 5:30am here and for the last four or five hours its been constant 15 second spikes every couple min.  I would LOVE to be out playing and enjoying the game, but as it stands right now, I can't even afk-lifeskill without a forced channel reload or not being able to open an inventory/bank or talk to a npc.

Would it kill them to give us a little statement about how they are going to go about and solving this very obvious and persistant problem that has gotten  exponentially worse since the DK release back in march? (Besides the token 'we are aware and working on it' that we've been getting for several months now)

A simple "We are aware of said problem regarding blah blah blah.  This is how we plan to address the situation. We are in talks with xxx about yyy and hopefully should have further news for you in such and such a timeframe" would go a long way instead of the infuriating silence.

Edited by 2monthslatenonamesleft

Posted (edited)

I don't mean to be a bummer here, but don't you think that your lag has something to do with you playing on cables which cross a vast distance, under the ocean?  I play on EU and I don't have any lag issues at all. 

I'm in California, USA with a connection of 240mbps.  Unless the servers are having issues with my ISP specifically, I have never had this kind of issues before until the last patch.

It wouldn't surprise me if individuals are having the same issues as me since there seems to be many major bugs that came along with the latest patch/update.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

I'm in California, USA.  Unless the servers are having issues with my ISP specifically, I have never had this kind of issues before until the last patch.

It wouldn't surprise me if individuals are having the same issues as me since there seems to be many major bugs that came along with the latest patch/update.

Interesting. It must be a difference between the EU and US servers.  I'm on EU and haven't had any lag yesterday or today, while playing pretty heavily.

`

Posted

Interesting. It must be a difference between the EU and US servers.  I'm on EU and haven't had any lag yesterday or today, while playing pretty heavily.

`

Its a population issue. Once enough NA player quit it will get better.

Posted

I'm in California, USA with a connection of 240mbps.  Unless the servers are having issues with my ISP specifically, I have never had this kind of issues before until the last patch.

Who's your ISP? My connection has been absolutely horrible lately too. I get a reload every 30 seconds to a minute if I'm running somewhere and end up about 30 yards back when I reload. When fighting mobs I get completely lagged out where I don't do damage at about the same interval.

I don't know a ton about how ISP's route connections, but I'm wondering if it's an issue with a junction near the servers now that you said you're in California, or if it's a specific problem with a certain ISP. I have Spectrum (formerly Time Warner Cable).

Posted

`

EU and NA aren't the same server clusters so these reports should be by region.  If the servers are provided as a service by hosting companies, the actual builds could be quite different. 

In any case, the NA servers are shit.  They are scarily unplayable especially when expensive and irreplaceable crystal loss is a thing.

Posted

Here is the issue I and op are Aussie yet many people playing in North America have the same issues lag desync and disconectivity. Defend this all you want but the cause is running a game on cheaper servers than most other mmorpgs. this game due to its complex code requires much  more than the basic connection. If the devs want to save money they would hire skilled programers like I to lessen the requirements as this game has such huge junk packets of data that can be optimized beyond a simple server plan upgrade.

Posted

I would say it's worse than that ....  B/c technically the Desynch is so bad it's "Un-AFK'able" infact.   And AFK'ing is an even lower bar than "Playable" b/c you're not even trying to Play at that point.

I tried several times last night to just horse Autoloop on one of the Mediah channel and ever 5-10 minutes it would just break   (this is WHY horse lifeskilling needs an overhaul and should be a more active mechanic in the first place)

Posted

I have Spectrum (Time Warner) Hawaii, i rarely get disconnected, 

I get 300 - 350 mbps.

Posted (edited)

I have Xfinity aka Comcast.  AFK fishing and just running around town seems fine/okay.  When participating war, Boss, RBF, or grinding; is when the lag/desync starts to happen.  No, it ain't the PC.

Edited by YajStylez

Posted

I have never gotten into a car accident....

So obviously car insurance is a scam... right?!

I mean if it doesn't affect you/ happen to you it doesn't exist......

Posted (edited)

I've been trying for an hour tonight to log in :(  I've finally given up, bit the bullet and cleared 50GB off my SSD so I can run BDO from the very-full SSD rather than the rather poor HDD it's been sitting on for the last year.  Just hope I don't need to install any more software now until I can afford to buy a bigger SSD...

EDIT: At least I can now log in so guess that was a success :P

Edited by Tacu