• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Truth about Musa

49 posts in this topic

Posted

I thank you all for the valuable input thus far. It is appreciated. While I am inclined to agree with a lot of comments posted here, especially the comments suggesting that the Musa class performs well with better gear I can't help but think back to my original post. If the Musa performs a lot better with good gear and seeing that the purpose of every player is to obtain the best possible gear for their class then doesn't that pushes the Musa's performance down the ladder assuming that its going up against other classes with equal gear? Let the discussion continue. Thanks.

That is somewhat true, but the point is that they can reach 1-shot combos faster, but there's a point when doesn't matter if their 1 combo does 2k,3k or 4k hp, if you have only 2k hp, you see the idea?. There are very little class that will give you trouble at equal gear, Warrior being the mos tprominent one, the others (and valk to a certain extent) can be dealt with same gear (take out of the equation the 3 OP ones, those require huge amount of effort to beat, compared to their effort, but can be done, i have in my channel pvp vs wizzards, and dark knights, i find witches bit harder than wizzards tho, i don't why, maybe the one i fight is very good).

Posted

I have decided to temporarily halt any further progression of my Musa. I am now leveling my Ninja. I have experienced something quite interesting while grinding my lvl 56 Ninja at Sausans. I transferred all my Musa gear (including accessories) and got the same weaponry types and enhancement level (Boss weaponry all @ TRI) for my Ninja and to my surprise it kills mobs camp significantly faster. I am shocked :o. Especially since its only level 56. My Musa never killed that fast at the same level or even at level 57 and 58. The Ninja even seems to kill Sausans mobs just as fast as my Musa at level 59. Why did Kakao do this to the game? Why are the classes abilities that skewed? The Ninja is quite the learning curve but I will continue rolling it until there is some type of class skill adjustment in the future. Hopefully.

Posted

I have decided to temporarily halt any further progression of my Musa. I am now leveling my Ninja. I have experienced something quite interesting while grinding my lvl 56 Ninja at Sausans. I transferred all my Musa gear (including accessories) and got the same weaponry types and enhancement level (Boss weaponry all @ TRI) for my Ninja and to my surprise it kills mobs camp significantly faster. I am shocked :o. Especially since its only level 56. My Musa never killed that fast at the same level or even at level 57 and 58. The Ninja even seems to kill Sausans mobs just as fast as my Musa at level 59. Why did Kakao do this to the game? Why are the classes abilities that skewed? The Ninja is quite the learning curve but I will continue rolling it until there is some type of class skill adjustment in the future. Hopefully.

Hmm recently people have been testing stuff and according to some theories Kakao has applied a soft AP cap to mobs making AP useless when it reaches X amount of AP/level, so people with 120+ AP claim to deal the same damage to lower level mobs as if they had 200 AP. People say this about Elrics/Sausans/Pirates.. I honestly tested it in Cardry (I'm 60) I took 50 AP off and my damage wasn't the same at all, I was dealing much less damage, same with Pila Ku/Sulfur mines so I'm guessing this is some kind of measurement to prevent high level people from grinding low level areas and outfarm low levels/outgeared people.

Basically this puts people with very high gear on par with mid-geared people so they aren't discouraged from grinding there because high levels come to one-shot everything.

Posted

Hmm recently people have been testing stuff and according to some theories Kakao has applied a soft AP cap to mobs making AP useless when it reaches X amount of AP/level, so people with 120+ AP claim to deal the same damage to lower level mobs as if they had 200 AP. People say this about Elrics/Sausans/Pirates.. I honestly tested it in Cardry (I'm 60) I took 50 AP off and my damage wasn't the same at all, I was dealing much less damage, same with Pila Ku/Sulfur mines so I'm guessing this is some kind of measurement to prevent high level people from grinding low level areas and outfarm low levels/outgeared people.

Basically this puts people with very high gear on par with mid-geared people so they aren't discouraged from grinding there because high levels come to one-shot everything.

Yea. but this shouldn't affect his findings. If there is an ap cap, then the class with the higher level will end up doing more damage simply because it has higher % on their skills no?

Posted

Yea. but this shouldn't affect his findings. If there is an ap cap, then the class with the higher level will end up doing more damage simply because it has higher % on their skills no?

I think he meant a damage cap all around.

Posted

Yea exactly

Posted

So damage regardless of level / ap. I have noticed the damage drop off at bashims, however the same cannot be said for other spots like sulphur mines. So there is some weird scaling going on. Don't think its very important tho. It would be valuable if say you do more damage to tankier mobs like Akman portal and stuff.

Posted

So damage regardless of level / ap. I have noticed the damage drop off at bashims, however the same cannot be said for other spots like sulphur mines. So there is some weird scaling going on. Don't think its very important tho. It would be valuable if say you do more damage to tankier mobs like Akman portal and stuff.

With so much hidden shit in this game, idc at this point

Posted (edited)

If they gave us Musas a standing block like the Maewha I'd be inclined to continue. That would increase our viability. Super armor doesn't seem that significant. At least not from my experience.

Edited by BuShiDo

Posted

If they gave us Musas a standing block like the Maewha I'd be inclined to continue. That would increase our viability. Super armor doesn't seem that significant. At least not from my experience.

I recently got extremely used to block with my katana, and transition a lot like a mad man, while the only negative effect is that we won't be able to do a counter attack as quick, since we would need to C first (while we can still get surprise Dbites or bloomings), it's extremely versatile to be in both form everytime, the surprise arrows are crazy too. The more you tranistion, the smoother it becomes, it gets inked in your muscle memory, and also you can abuse transition to blade and awk and let the animation flow a little bit to regen stamina while being front guarded.

Posted

I recently got extremely used to block with my katana, and transition a lot like a mad man, while the only negative effect is that we won't be able to do a counter attack as quick, since we would need to C first (while we can still get surprise Dbites or bloomings), it's extremely versatile to be in both form everytime, the surprise arrows are crazy too. The more you tranistion, the smoother it becomes, it gets inked in your muscle memory, and also you can abuse transition to blade and awk and let the animation flow a little bit to regen stamina while being front guarded.

I thought we didn't have Frontal guard when switching to blade, am i wrong?

Posted

I thought we didn't have Frontal guard when switching to blade, am i wrong?

We do

Posted

We do

All directions? The transitions for both awak and blade is different depending which key you are holding out of W/A/S/D

Never noticed blade guard, though I usually dash switch most of the time.

Posted

All directions? The transitions for both awak and blade is different depending which key you are holding out of W/A/S/D

Never noticed blade guard, though I usually dash switch most of the time.

It's a frontal guard whenever you switch, this is what witch/wizard players exploit because they don't have cooldowns/animation time on their weapon swap so they can block all the time while moving, this makes wizard a pain in the ass for us since we can't stub arrow them anymore. Wizard is not supossed to have a block, they gave wizard a grab and witch a block yet because of this exploit wizard has both :| 

This has been going on for far too long now I'm not sure why is it not fixed.

Posted

I have to add another question.

Why does people keep saying that they are good in PvE? 

So far what I can see is that they have pretty high CD

Are in the "low" end of modifiers (%dmg)

And no real substability (nem slash have very high cd)

What am I missing here? I it just because they can dash between groups fast?

Posted

I have to add another question.

Why does people keep saying that they are good in PvE? 

So far what I can see is that they have pretty high CD

Are in the "low" end of modifiers (%dmg)

And no real substability (nem slash have very high cd)

What am I missing here? I it just because they can dash between groups fast?

You can grind sorta decent by just being a spinning flaming ballerina. If you start using skills, you can delete mobgroups insanely quick.

BTB has a decent cd, Backflow as well, that deletes most mob groups at relatively low AP already (Pirates, Fogans went similarly fast to me, cannot speak about other desert mobs).

It's simply very easy to grind due to not being dependant on cds like other classes.

Crosscut + Twister (Get the PvE damage addon!) And you will basically be a lawnmower which requires 2 braincells.

If you feel like mixing things in, Projection isn't bad either if the mobs are aline, Crust Crusher is bascially a nuclear bomb.

Our Blackspiritrage buff is probably the best in the game imho, 20% attackspeed is insane. Grinding alone at pirates, I had a near 100% uptime of it, simply because you delete everything in your wake, and once you drop your first buff to get the attackspeed, you turn into a flamespitting whirlwind.

Musa's PvE prowess is literally the only reason that makes me struggle to sell all my gear and switch, because you can literally do it 24h a day, your brain won't malfunction, neither will your hands because it's one, if not the most relaxing and stupendously easy classes to grind with. And that is a good thing, given you basically always grind unless you are 61 or a lifeskiller.

So having a class that is very convenient in PvE helps a ton in gearing and cutting down your exhaustion.

However, the subpar PvP results are meh and make me vomit.

Lack of grab is simply beyond me, not really shining in 1v1s, neither in 100v100.

A good and wellgeared (especillay wellgeared!!) can still do alot, just many classes can do better.

The trademark is his PvE power, and imho one of the better designed classes when it comes to skill animations and effects.

PvP is mediocre at best. You can still make it work, that's the fun part about this game, just be prepared to get worse results than pretty much any other class with the same gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can grind sorta decent by just being a spinning flaming ballerina. If you start using skills, you can delete mobgroups insanely quick.

BTB has a decent cd, Backflow as well, that deletes most mob groups at relatively low AP already (Pirates, Fogans went similarly fast

I knew I missed something.. The Cooldowns..

Atm I am on my Bezerker (changed from wiz>zerker>musa>ninja>musa>wiz>war>zerker>ninja). Just to well be sure to choose my class.. Now I got my Zerker decent geared, and consider giving my Musa a second chance. I was just not impressed with it, buuuut gear has alot to say, and maybe I need to stop looking too much into numbers..

Cause even though my Zerker have better modifiers than my wiz, my wiz still killed faster (aoe I guess and well hidden acc).

Just saw that Musa had pretty low mods% of ap scalling. 

Posted

I knew I missed something.. The Cooldowns..

Atm I am on my Bezerker (changed from wiz>zerker>musa>ninja>musa>wiz>war>zerker>ninja). Just to well be sure to choose my class.. Now I got my Zerker decent geared, and consider giving my Musa a second chance. I was just not impressed with it, buuuut gear has alot to say, and maybe I need to stop looking too much into numbers..

Cause even though my Zerker have better modifiers than my wiz, my wiz still killed faster (aoe I guess and well hidden acc).

Just saw that Musa had pretty low mods% of ap scalling. 

He does have lower scalings compared to others, but insane aoe on almost everything.

Mobiliy is top notch, and our crosscut is insanely good.

180 Ap and you can grind very very well if accuracy is good enough.

Downside is it's very repetetive, then again, after 500 hours, every class feels repetetive so.

Posted

http://imgur.com/wBKUV3h?r
So if we compare our musa to the new Striker which would you pick seriously this guy has so much going for it every class should reroll...lol.

Its insane that they intend to release this class and do nothing to help our class. I actually stopped levelling past 60 cuz its a waste of time.

Look at the insane SA iframes frontal guards evasion buffing skills he has.....

I just like who ever else have stayed loyal to Musa hoping for anything that makes our class worth staying for.

At the moment I have to be honest I'm gear carried now as skill can only get you so far (206 224 312) it just isn't worth it when I can pass my gear onto Striker.

Less and less of our class still in this atm and big ups to those who remain true to Musa but when Striker comes I'm rerolling.

Obaah Musa

Posted

I've thought about rerolling several times, because I see others with less gear get highly rewarded with less effort. But point is I hate wizards/witches/DKs I wouldn't roll any of those I've considered Ninja but guess I'll just try out Striker. To be honest everytime I try to reroll I keep coming back to my musa, I just love the playstyle but sometimes it's very frustrating to be one.

Posted

Would Ninja even do any better? I always thought he was equally gear dependant as Musa.

Posted

Would Ninja even do any better? I always thought he was equally gear dependant as Musa.

ninja is does average in big wars, lack of sa on hard hitting skills etc, but in 1v1 its the best class in the game right now, block jump, 2 grabs, insane dmg skills, stealth and high base eva/acc make it very good against every class but remember thats 1v1, maybe small skirmishes.

1 person likes this

Posted

ninja is does average in big wars, lack of sa on hard hitting skills etc, but in 1v1 its the best class in the game right now, block jump, 2 grabs, insane dmg skills, stealth and high base eva/acc make it very good against every class but remember thats 1v1, maybe small skirmishes.

This also the new atk speed buff on that one skill made it so they can grab after doing it. So damage is HUGE

Posted

put a crit gem on your tri white horn bow and buy crit damage + food ---> spam BTB and then you will farm extremely quick

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0