• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2nd Awakening & New Class Confirmed

83 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Live stream just confirmed second Awakening is currently under development. However, it is not a weapon, but a redesign of pre-Awakening skills by combining two or more skills into one more powerful skill (i.e. Warrior Spinning Slash + Ground Smash = Spinning Smash and huge AOE)

New class is called STRIKER (essentially a Monk). Uses martial arts and bare hands (main hand weapon?). Awakening is glove-style hand weapon.

Striker character creation for KR region is April 13 and release is likely April 20th... no eta for release in NA and EU.

* Edit for updated information.

Edited by Webby
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

not 1! 2 new classes incoming!!

after Striker, we are going to have a dancer/striper female class(HYYYYPE)

class2.thumb.png.e6416f0aa13472e79148935

Edited by Kotaro
6 people like this

Posted

Stop with the -----ing 2nd awakening nonsense, it's STILL just a rebalance of the mainhand. Why they're trying to hype this up to be something it's not is beyond me, it's literally just changing a few variables on skills and doing a bit of testing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Dancer?

Stripper?

forget boobs!

MONK HAS FRIGGIN KAMEHAMEHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Red

5 people like this

Posted

the numbers aren't cryptic, they are dates of this month, the 8th (today) the class was discussed, on the 13th the character creation for the class will be offered, and on the 20th the class will be fully released and playable. 

honestly did not expect it to come out this soon. 

Posted

not 1! 2 new classes incoming!!

after Striker, we are going to have a dancer/striper female class(HYYYYPE)

class2.thumb.png.e6416f0aa13472e79148935

"We're also developing another new class. We don't know it's gender. We don't know it's weapons."

Definitely in development, not just random shit they threw in there to create some hype. And people are gobbling it up.

Posted (edited)

the numbers aren't cryptic, they are dates of this month, the 8th (today) the class was discussed, on the 13th the character creation for the class will be offered, and on the 20th the class will be fully released and playable. 

honestly did not expect it to come out this soon. 

ROFL   They are the very definition of cryptic... the MC did not reveal what the numbers meant, only that they are a hint.

Your dates are a GUESS, but quite possibly a corrcet one (as that was the trending guess going in Twitch chat).

Cryptic numbers given as hint:  8   13   20

Probably not 8/13/2020  but maybe April 8 (announcement), April 13 (Character creation open), April 20 (Release Date).

Edited by Webby

Posted

Stop with the -----ing 2nd awakening nonsense, it's STILL just a rebalance of the mainhand. Why they're trying to hype this up to be something it's not is beyond me, it's literally just changing a few variables on skills and doing a bit of testing.

bruh, lighten up a bit lol. sheeeeeesh

Posted

And buy into hype for something that doesn't exist?

No thanks.

I didn't buy No Mans Sky either.

2 people like this

Posted

No thanks.

get a life dude, you look pathetic in this thread.

Posted

ROFL   They are the very definition of cryptic... the MC did not reveal what the numbers meant, only that they are a hint.

Your dates are a GUESS, but quite possibly a corrcet one (as that was the trending guess going in Twitch chat).

Cryptic numbers given as hint:  8   13   20

Probably not 8/13/2020  but maybe April 8 (announcement), April 13 (Character creation open), April 20 (Release Date).

Or perhaps 8 is the month (August) and 13 and 20 are character creation and release dates in August. (Personally, I like this one).

shhhhhh let us assume safely 

Posted

No thanks.

"We're also developing another new class. We don't know it's gender. We don't know it's weapons."

Definitely in development, not just random shit they threw in there to create some hype. And people are gobbling it up.

Wowee, a cool facepalm avatar coupled with a bio that says "Can I be more dissapointed?" from a dude trying to make everything sound like some conspiracy. I can only imagine the lengths of your edge.

2 people like this

Posted

Trailer of new Striker class...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yeah normally i would totaly agree with you, but he is right only a bit negative. Which is fine by me, but he is right not to get hyped right now is a wise move. Lets wait wat they put out, i for one hope they will fix some issue's other classes have first rather then fixen only new classes. Of they fixes the old classes first then for me it would not feel slightly cashgraby!

Edit: spelling

Edited by Lilith.
1 person likes this

Posted

By the way, the live stream also confirmed the Leviathan sea monster and air ships exactly as was leaked in the reddit thread.

1 person likes this

Posted

get a life dude, you look pathetic in this thread.

Idgaf what you think I look like, this is likely the only interaction we'll ever have.

Wowee, a cool facepalm avatar coupled with a bio that says "Can I be more dissapointed?" from a dude trying to make everything sound like some conspiracy. I can only imagine the lengths of your edge.

Golly gosh, someone who uses "weeb" as their profile is going to accuse others of having an edgy profile? Yeah, 'ok buddy'.

Posted

Live stream just confirmed second Awakening is currently under development. However, it is not a weapon, but a redesign of pre-Awakening skills by combining two or more skills into one more powerful skill (i.e. Warrior Spinning Slash + Ground Smash = Spinning Smash and huge AOE)

New class is called STRIKER (essentially a Monk). No main-hand weapon, uses martial arts and bare hands. Awakening is glove-style hand weapon. Striker scheduled release date for Korea is soon* but no eta for release in NA and EU.

* Streamer gave a cryptic 8  13  20  as a hint of the Striker release time frame.

No main-hand weapon. Dafuq?

Unless you mean it's an "invisible" Main-hand.

Posted

So...much...HYPE!!!! I'm so excited! I may vomit...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No main-hand weapon. Dafuq?

Unless you mean it's an "invisible" Main-hand.

No, the announcer (translated) said he uses his bare hands and martial arts skills.

But that does bring up a question... does Striker not have to enhance a main hand weapon, or does he enhance his hands as other classes do weapons?????

Then again, it was translated live, and the translator was having some difficulties. So maybe some was lost in translation.

Edited by Webby
1 person likes this

Posted

Looks like a sword version of Kyoketsu-shoge more than a "Dancer type" then again the movemnt can be concidered a dance depending who teaches you to use it....

Posted

Thanks man, i cant say i am that impressed by this class. Maybe the trailer is not representing the class all that well. But the trailer left me verry unimpressed. Might want to see the other class tho!

Posted

wtf are you talking about? you can combine and enhance non-awakening skill to the same lvl as awakening with additional effects and shit.

Posted

Thanks man, i cant say i am that impressed by this class. Maybe the trailer is not representing the class all that well. But the trailer left me verry unimpressed. Might want to see the other class tho!

Keep in mind, when the Dark Knight trailer first hit everyone said "boring" and "never gonna play it"  remember?

Initial trailers can be deceiving. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

No, the announcer (translated) said he uses his bare hands and martial arts skills.

But that does bring up a question... does Striker not have to enhance a main hand weapon, or does he enhance his hands as other classes do weapons?????

Then again, it was translated live, and the translator was having some difficulties. So maybe some was lost in translation.

I see, I really doubt they would implement a whole new system to enchant the character's "hand" as you could not sell his "hand" on the market. It could be like the sorc's main where it's somewhere around his hand/arm. But thanks for clearing that up.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0