• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dark Knight unawakened Skills post awakening

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Since the awakening will hit the servers in the upcoming week i started to wonder what skill do i need from the unawakened dk?

i would assume you want all the dashes maxed out, the passives and maybe wheel of fortune. Is there anything else?

Because it would be good to know if I need to farm some more skillpoints^^ (currently at 58 with around 850 skillpoints)

Posted

Dashes, passives, wheel of fortune, the trap (lvl1 suffices), nocturne.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some people also still keep shadow bullet as well. It does have nice utility.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm only 57 with around 750 points. I maxed out all awakening skills, the passive skill and awakening HP, accuracy maxed. Took all the dashed, maxed wheel of fortune, and the maxed ground smash spell forget the name, grabbed air strike as well. Still have 65 points left not sure what else to take maybe bullet. With our jump backs and forward can't see using nocturne much

Posted

Is there something special about wheel of fortune..? Why not kamasylvia slash for instance..

Posted

Is there something special about wheel of fortune..? Why not kamasylvia slash for instance..

small chance to win big monies every time its spun

3 people like this

Posted

Is there a smooth transition from the awakening weapon to the Kriegsmesser? My DK is only 56 atm, and I have more issues with MP than I had pre-awakening. And switching via C is a bit of a pain.

Posted

I'm only 57 with around 750 points. I maxed out all awakening skills, the passive skill and awakening HP, accuracy maxed. Took all the dashed, maxed wheel of fortune, and the maxed ground smash spell forget the name, grabbed air strike as well. Still have 65 points left not sure what else to take maybe bullet. With our jump backs and forward can't see using nocturne much

This is good to know. I will do the same. I will max out all the awakening then, and then go back and work on getting the pre-awakening skills. I was wondering how many points it would take to get all the awakening stuff...so then i could go back and start getting the stuff i had before awakening. Thanks. :)

How many "dash" skills do we have? I only use that one with the shift key..lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm 56 with only 470 skill points.....help

Posted

Is there a smooth transition from the awakening weapon to the Kriegsmesser? My DK is only 56 atm, and I have more issues with MP than I had pre-awakening. And switching via C is a bit of a pain.

I too am still trying to master the MP usage with the awakening. I use W + RMB to enter Awakening and nocturne (quickbar) to leave. feels smoother than using C.

As a side note the pre-awakening side dash skill (dusk?) can be used during awakening through one of the skills. This allows a double dash sideways that restores MP.

Posted

hot key wheel of fortune and use that to switch weapons. Then you can switch back with w +rmb

Posted

I too am still trying to master the MP usage with the awakening. I use W + RMB to enter Awakening and nocturne (quickbar) to leave. feels smoother than using C.

As a side note the pre-awakening side dash skill (dusk?) can be used during awakening through one of the skills. This allows a double dash sideways that restores MP.

I'm not feeling Nocturn tbh, it ist better than switching with C, you’re right. Thanks for the tip with Dusk, never thought about that.

hot key wheel of fortune and use that to switch weapons. Then you can switch back with w +rmb

That’s a great tip, I’ll definitely give that a try when I’m home.

I still have a few more skill points left than I need for 57. Is anyone still running maxed Corrupting Ground? I always enjoyed the HP/MP reg and the shorter cooldown, but it takes quite a lot of skill points. And Shadow Bullet is mainly for PvP, or does anyone find any use for it in PvE?

Posted

I'm not feeling Nocturn tbh, it ist better than switching with C, you’re right. Thanks for the tip with Dusk, never thought about that.

for a smooth switch you can use : Nocturne, Wheel of fortune and Lunacy of Vedir ; Any of them slotted.

FYI, my hot keys are set as follow:

1. Nocturne
  2. Wheel of fortune (you need to have it slotted to be able to switch off awakening)
  3. Lunacy of Vedir
  4. HP pot
  5. Trap of smell (not a priority skill, but don't forget it, it an be strong in pvp)
  6. (after 6, it's not an usefull hot key for me :P )

I still have a few more skill points left than I need for 57. Is anyone still running maxed Corrupting Ground? I always enjoyed the HP/MP reg and the shorter cooldown, but it takes quite a lot of skill points. And Shadow Bullet is mainly for PvP, or does anyone find any use for it in PvE?

As priority list you can use:

For awakening: take everything except :

• AWK auto attack : just wait more points to unlock
  • Leave Hand of Exploitation level1. It's not that good except for a bit of HP regen in PvE (rank 1 do the job ;) )
  • Rush of Despair ; nothing else than a mid ranged filler skill. Not a priority.
  • Hand of resentment. Not a priority at all. Unlock it when you have everything else.

After this, priority order on pre-awakening is:

1. Dashes : Dusk and MH
  2. W+F
  3. Nocturne / Lunacy of Vedir (switch)
  4. Wheel of Fortune (switch)
  5. Passives
  6. Block/Counter attack
  7. Shadow bullet level 1
  8. Trap level 1
  9. Kamasilvia Slash
  10. Ground corrumption
  11. -------
  12. Finish your awakening skills
  13. what you want between F/F, shadow bullet 2 + air, Shift+E
  14. ...

1 person likes this

Posted

Dont forget to place the SHIFT + RMB skill in the quickslots, its a nice spammable skill for pve if you use it from quickslot.

Posted

Dont forget to place the SHIFT + RMB skill in the quickslots, its a nice spammable skill for pve if you use it from quickslot.

can it only be spammed from quick slot?

Posted

can it only be spammed from quick slot?

Not only by quickslot but if you use quickslot you can spam it twice as fast as you would do with normal keybinds.

Posted

Not only by quickslot but if you use quickslot you can spam it twice as fast as you would do with normal keybinds.

well...damn. I just managed to cram wheel of fortune, lunacy of vedir and nocturne onto my skillbar. I'm out of space here >_>. Could abandon mana pots maybe..

Posted

As priority list you can use:

Thanks for the list. I maxed Corrupting Ground instead of Kamasilva Slash and added Shadow Bullet: Air. Works way better than before.

Posted

Yeah I got Corrupting ground for when I need that top off for a heal, prob drop it tho. There's a few ways to generate MP, twilight dash is awesome the F skill just shoot through a bunch of mobs and regen mana, chain dusk regens it, so does a or d+lmb, shift+lbm gives MP back and just lmb. I've been soloing jail without pots and only level 57. Cresents I can fly through now, way faster then my 59 Valk. I haven't even used much of my old skills, just haven't had a need for them. stats are 190/192/269

Posted (edited)

Ok, I think I am dense. I reset all my skills, max out the awakening ones that I can then go back and max out the pre awakening ones that are possible such as Wheel and the others you recommended. Do I have that correct? I was only trying to add on and didn't have enough points. I have 648 points. 

I think with enough reading I have it in my brain. Thanks for all your posts above. 

Edited by FalconHawk

Posted

Happy seeing my build was not so far you all suggest here. i am not so silly i thought :P

Btw i have some questions please;

1) i have matter to learning some good skill chain in awak. Do you think would be a good help going to easy spot like bashims and doing only awak skill time they are better in my brain?

2) For PvE grinding, lvl 57, i am short to chaining skills with CD. I do it wrong, or just impossible have anything smooth without non awak skill (i mainly do Wheel => kama slash => back awak). And with more than lvl 57 (little more skill), will i always need non awak skill (i speak for PvE grinding! for PvP... wheel, trap or nocturne are always good to use ^^')

Posted

What is the thing about Dusk that you say?  I know you can use dusk and chain dusk for evading left or right twice, but thats pretty basic... care to explain what do you mean?

Posted

you can switch back with w +rmb

cool tip.

Posted (edited)

Prepair to use skill change at 58. You will not have enough points for 58 awakening skill unless you wanna farm low level mobs for points for a few weeks. I have 900 and couldnt even max out Wheel of fortune after all the passives at 58.

Edited by Gwynbleys

Posted

Prepair to use skill change at 58. You will not have enough points for 58 awakening skill unless you wanna farm low level mobs for points for a few weeks. I have 900 and couldnt even max out Wheel of fortune after all the passives at 58.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll hang onto my armstrong.